[EOL][ROM][STABLE][N][7.1.1][BRA8][19.02.18][SM-G930F/FD/W8] IronMan-Rom V1.2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

Edlnet

Jul 26, 2016
That depends on your needs after all. If you don't care about kernel features, go for stock :)

There are already 3rd party mods available from here on XDA which enable this feature for you
Smooth rom, i stay this rom wait v2, tks u :good:

Flashed this ROM and its working fantastic.

Help: I couldn't find any option to restore the messages in native SMS app as we hav in Batman ROM.
Is it not available in this ROM?
It's a csc feature, and the n8 csc files are encrypted, which means we can't edit it to add custom features such as app lock and airmessage and so on

It's a full n8 port. It's up to you which rom is better :)

You need to use n8 build.prop in order to overcome the network problem

Tried Batman Rom now. Best rom ever! Everything is working perfect. Thx

mpasa

Sep 3, 2016
batman s8 port this is note 8 port. Please read and do not mislead people without understanding.

popoiuiu

Dec 9, 2008
Bergamo
Hello, yesterday I went abroad (from Italy to Switzerland) and the phone just went roaming completely blocked with a black screen and I had to perform a forced reset with the keys. The block remained present until I returned to Italy. Is it a bug or is it a problem found? is there a solution?
thank you so much!!!

RichyE

Oct 12, 2012
Netherlands
Hello, yesterday I went abroad (from Italy to Switzerland) and the phone just went roaming completely blocked with a black screen and I had to perform a forced reset with the keys. The block remained present until I returned to Italy. Is it a bug or is it a problem found? is there a solution?
thank you so much!!!

This is a known bug:
Disable dual clock/roaming clock in settings and it will work.

Tkkg1994 said that it will be fixed on the next base update

Tkkg1994

Inactive Recognized Developer / Contributor
Jun 10, 2014
Coding City
Final Nougat release arrives!

IronMan-Rom V1.2.0
- Rebased upon latest BRA8 release
- Updated all kernels to version 1.3.0 (which include latest source code of course)
- Updated magisk to v15.4
- Updated xposed to 89.2
- Updated busybox to latest release
- Updated S7/S7e BL/CP to DRAG
- Updated adaway host files
- Readded OEM switch even to modded settings
- Prevent RMM State Lock (thanks to @blackmesa)
- Update GBWhatsapp and GBInsta to most recent versions
- Update modded youtube to most recent version
- Added a new ironman theme for the aroma installer thanks to Karan_Tamboli
- Fixed RomControl links in "about the rom" not being correct (telegram and xda links)
- Fixed systemui crashing as soon as you are in roaming mode
- Added flipboard and upday to debloat
- Updated all libs and bins to DRAG base
- Updated kernels to DRAG source/ramdisk
- Fixed resolution bug by taking libs from another 7.1.1 base (first boot screen may look a bit weird, I had to change the dpi in developer settings to 360 to get a good value for the s7 screen, default was 480)

This will be the last version for this rom. You may ask yourself now, why is that? That's due to the reason that the S7/S7e will get the official Oreo update with the same Samsung Experience UI 9.0 as the N8. So this port becomes obsolent in Oreo :)

Download:
Via GrifoDev
Via AFH

Support:
If you like my work, you can always hit thanks on my posts/the thread. If you want to help me even more you can place a small donation. Thanks for your support guys :fingers-crossed:

xsever

Mar 11, 2012
Beirut
IronMan-Rom V1.2.0
- Updated all kernels to version 1.3.0 (which include latest source code of course)

I did a nandroid backup then dirty flashed the new version and everything is working perfectly fine. Thank you for the final Nougat update and looking forward to Oreo.

I've used Batman rom before... can someone please give me a quick realworld differences between Superman and Ironman roms? I appreciate that batman is based off of the s8 rom, but I'm not entirely sure of the differences of the other two. ones based off of "samsung experience"?? and the other off of stock samsung nougat with touchwiz? I thought touchwiz = samsung experience.
sorry for being dim

:edit: ok looking into it a bit more and it seems that ironman is based off of note 8 rom. didn't see it in the thread title originally. doh.

Last edited:
Reactions: Leejhay1714

popoiuiu

Dec 9, 2008
Bergamo
Hello, in the meantime, thank you for your work
but trying to install your rom on the s7 I noticed that the first configuration of android the keyboard and the characters are smaller than normal and the procedure stops responding when trying to set the fingerprint and trying to skip the procedure freezes again trying to restore the app!
is there a solution?
thank you!

tofueatsbread

Mar 7, 2013
but trying to install your rom on the s7 I noticed that the first configuration of android the keyboard and the characters are smaller than normal and the procedure stops responding when trying to set the fingerprint and trying to skip the procedure freezes again trying to restore the app!
is there a solution?
thank you!
regarding the small keyboard etc, read the changelog again

Tkkg1994

Jun 10, 2014
Coding City
I did a nandroid backup then dirty flashed the new version and everything is working perfectly fine. Thank you for the final Nougat update and looking forward to Oreo.
Glad to hear that you are pleased!
I've used Batman rom before... can someone please give me a quick realworld differences between Superman and Ironman roms? I appreciate that batman is based off of the s8 rom, but I'm not entirely sure of the differences of the other two. ones based off of "samsung experience"?? and the other off of stock samsung nougat with touchwiz? I thought touchwiz = samsung experience.
sorry for being dim

:edit: ok looking into it a bit more and it seems that ironman is based off of note 8 rom. didn't see it in the thread title originally. doh.
This one is based on the n8 firmware exactly. That's pretty much the only difference :good:
is there a solution?
thank you!
For density you should possibly read the changelog once more, it's all written there :)
About fingerprint, I'd be glad to have some logs. Also you can try to: reflash, clear cache of the app data, reboot, change kernel and so on

conquerorhaki

Mar 31, 2016
Sorry if this has been answered already but I'm wondering if fingerprint unlock is possible. Everytime I try to set it up settings force closes

Mishoo66

Apr 18, 2013
Cairo
Dear Tkkg1994
thanks for all , I installed this rom one hour ago I noticed the following
- call recording still not working as in ( v1.1 - v1.2 )
- icons too small I can not resize them ( v1.2 )
- themes from theme store seems to be condensed not the normal look (v1.2 )
please help

YlberGashi

Mar 27, 2015
Rahovec
If the small icons bother you, you can adjust the Minimal Width in Developer Options. It is set to 480 by default, decreasing it will result into making everything bigger. I let it 420.

Mishoo66

Apr 18, 2013
Cairo
If the small icons bother you, you can adjust the Minimal Width in Developer Options. It is set to 480 by default, decreasing it will result into making everything bigger. I let it 420.

thank you I 'll try

---------- Post added at 11:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:14 PM ----------

it works
thanks again

Reactions: rfburen

Tkkg1994

Jun 10, 2014
Coding City
Sorry if this has been answered already but I'm wondering if fingerprint unlock is possible. Everytime I try to set it up settings force closes
Of course it's possible. You can clean the data of the settings app, reboot the device, wipe cache/dalvik in recovery, try to change kernel, try to reflash dirty. Well there are maaaany option you can try. Also you can always attach a logcat for me :)
Dear Tkkg1994
thanks for all , I installed this rom one hour ago I noticed the following
- call recording still not working as in ( v1.1 - v1.2 )
- icons too small I can not resize them ( v1.2 )
- themes from theme store seems to be condensed not the normal look (v1.2 )
please help
That's due to the new libs used to fix the resultion bug. As I even mentioned in the changelog directly you should change the dpi to whatever value fits best for you. To have it the same as on stock, take 360 (in developer option)

About the crashing, logs logs logs (I couldn't reproduce it myself that's why I couldn't actually fix it...)

conquerorhaki

Mar 31, 2016
Of course it's possible. You can clean the data of the settings app, reboot the device, wipe cache/dalvik in recovery, try to change kernel, try to reflash dirty. Well there are maaaany option you can try. Also you can always attach a logcat for me :)

Here the logcat

Attachments

• Screenshot_20180219-180519.jpg
    Screenshot_20180219-180519.jpg
    219.3 KB · Views: 265

Rambooka

Apr 28, 2012
is there a solution?
thank you!

Setup for pattern unlock and then setup finger print once setup in completed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    54-b1d2df4f.png

IronMan-Rom for the Galaxy S7 is finally here with a dedicated thread on XDA :victory:

Hey guys! Here we are another time :)
    Assuming that you already know me more or less, this rom is based upon latest Samsung Experience 8.5 (Android 7.1.1). I really love the Samung UI, that's why I work on those roms and not on AOSP such as LineageOS, I know I'm a little fanboy :D
    Coming to the features, it's similar to the ones you'll find on my other roms such as BatMan-Rom (for the S8/S8+ and S7/S7e) or the SuperMan-Rom (for the S7/S7e) or even the EOL (End Of Life) HydraRom (for the glorious N7) :good:

The Rom itself contains many many custom features via RomControl, I'll list the most important ones below, still you are very welcome to try them all via the RomControl app (choosable in aroma). Now enough talking, wish you much fun flashing the rom and hope you'll enjoy it! :fingers-crossed:

Nobody is allowed to take stuff from my rom without asking me! Thank you.

IF YOU FOLLOW MY STEPS BELOW, YOU WILL MAY LOSE YOUR WARRANTY, KNOX WILL DISPLAY 0x1! I'M NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGED DEVICE!

Rom features of V1.2.0 Nougat:
    - Based on latest N950FXXU3BRA8 Nougat base
    - Prerooted with SuperSU V2.82 SR5, Phh root r310 or MagiskSU (choose in aroma)
    - Magisk V15.4 (aroma selectable)
    - Latest Busybox 1.27.2 included in aroma
    - Aroma installer! with support up to 4GB zip files
    - CSC features are currently not available due to encrypted csc files (a workaround is to use the S8/S8+ csc but I'll figure something out)
    - Adblocker included as aroma choice
    - Full rom control!! App name is IronControl Free
    - Fully deodexed
    - Private mode working (only with Modded Settings from aroma)
    - LED indicator settings
    - choose IOS, Oreo or stock emojis in aroma
    - DM-Verity disabled
    - Force encrypt disabled
    - Modded SystemUI with many tweaks in RomControl (header colors, qs colors, notification colors and much more)
    - 3Minit Clock/battery in romcontrol
    - Custom clock positions and customizations in romcontrol
    - USB Plug/Unplug disable wake up
    - Remove high volume warning for headphones
    - Torch on lockscreen
    - Use volume key on lockscreen to switch music titles
    - Knox stuff can be choosen in aroma
    - Back to kill and Recent to kill (in RomControl)
    - Stock DRAG Kernel or IronKernel (choose in aroma)
    - Based off from latest touchwiz source available at this moment
    - Many apps are selectable in aroma debloat menu
    - Selinux permissive on custom kernel
    - Ram bar in recents
    - Matrix animation in recents
    - Dual speaker sound mod
    - Xposed V89.2 included as aroma choice
    - Latest January Security Patches (includes Blueborne Bluetooth and Krack wifi fix)
    - Many other features, can't list them all, please read changelog to see what changed over the time

Rom review (thanks to @shark jungle):

How to install the rom:
    For advanced users:
    0. Make sure to have a backup somewhere on external storage
    1. Make sure to be on most recent TWRP, bootloader and modem
    2. Flash the rom
    3. If you need VoLTE or Wifi Calling, flash your correct carrier CSC
    4. Done :highfive:

For normal users:
    0. Boot your phone, enable OEM unlock in developer settings
    1. Flash TWRP with Odin, following this thread Galaxy S7 TWRP until it works correctly (to access download mode, press home+volume down+power on while phone is turned off)
    2. Make sure you are using most recent bootloader and modem, latest one available here on Android File Host
    3. Now boot into TWRP by pressing home+volume up+power on while phone is turned off
    4. If TWRP asks you about allowing system to be edited, swipe yes to confirm
    5. In TWRP, go to wipe, format data (a keyboard will pop up now), type "yes" (this will wipe all your data, make sure to have a backup!)
    6. After this, reboot recovery and start the rom installer
    7. Select your preferences in my aroma installer
    8. If you selected to auto update bootloader in aroma, the installer will reboot automatically
    9. You can still install my CSC selection if you are customer of a carrier which is not supported by default CSC inside the rom
    10. Wait till the rom boots up
    11. After setting up, open IronControl Free and let the app apply my default settings!
    12. Enjoy the rom!

Downloads for SM-G930F/FD/K/L/S/W8:
    V1.2.0 on Android File Host
    V1.2.0 on GrifoDev
    Bootloader/Modems SM-G930F/FD/K/L/S/W8
    CSC Selection for N8 Ports
    IronKernel for N8 Ports

Telegram Links:
    IronMan News Channel
    IronMan-Rom S7/S7e Chat

Known Bugs:
    - Iris scanner (if you know how to implement an iris scanner into a s7 let me know ) :D
    - face unlock by samsung, we have trusted face by google instead
    - Back key light not working due to the fact, that the Note 8 and Galaxy S8 don't have hardware buttons anymore. We need to wait for a similar device as the S7 to get android 7.1.1 to fix it
    - Knox related features such as secure folder, samsung pay or samsung pass may not work any longer after rooting your phone

Credits:
    - Samsung for the base
    - SuperR for his awesome Kitchen
    - Chainfire for his SuperSU
    - topjohnwu for systemless Magisk V14.5
    - amarullz for aroma and nkk71 to make it compatible with bigger zip files
    - wubydax and daxgirl for basic RomControl
    - myellow for all the great animations!
    - mwilky for his fingerprint after reboot mod, private mode, custom colors and other mods
    - Asc1977 for a few mods I already used on SuperMan/BatMan

Support:
    If you enjoy this I would be really lucky if you would hit thanks :victory:
    And if you really really like it, here is a donation link
    :good:
    PayPal

XDA:DevDB Information
    IronMan-Rom SM-G930F, ROM for the Samsung Galaxy S7

Contributors
    Tkkg1994
    Source Code: https://gitlab.com/Tkkg1994/IronRom

ROM OS Version: 7.x Nougat
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.x
    ROM Firmware Required: Custom TWRP Recovery
    Based On: Stock Based

Version Information
    Current Stable Version: V1.2.0
    Stable Release Date: 2018-02-19

Created 2017-12-08
    Last Updated 2018-02-22
    Final Nougat release arrives!

IronMan-Rom V1.2.0
    - Updated magisk to v15.4
    - Updated xposed to 89.2
    - Updated busybox to latest release
    - Updated S7/S7e BL/CP to DRAG
    - Updated adaway host files
    - Readded OEM switch even to modded settings
    - Prevent RMM State Lock (thanks to @blackmesa)
    - Update GBWhatsapp and GBInsta to most recent versions
    - Update modded youtube to most recent version
    - Added a new ironman theme for the aroma installer thanks to Karan_Tamboli
    - Fixed RomControl links in "about the rom" not being correct (telegram and xda links)
    - Fixed systemui crashing as soon as you are in roaming mode
    - Added flipboard and upday to debloat
    - Updated all libs and bins to DRAG base
    - Updated kernels to DRAG source/ramdisk
    - Fixed resolution bug by taking libs from another 7.1.1 base (first boot screen may look a bit weird, I had to change the dpi in developer settings to 360 to get a good value for the s7 screen, default was 480)

This will be the last version for this rom. You may ask yourself now, why is that? That's due to the reason that the S7/S7e will get the official Oreo update with the same Samsung Experience UI 9.0 as the N8. So this port becomes obsolent in Oreo :)

Download:
    Via GrifoDev
    Via AFH

Support:
    If you like my work, you can always hit thanks on my posts/the thread. If you want to help me even more you can place a small donation. Thanks for your support guys :fingers-crossed:
    Happy Holidays!

Hey guys/girls, dear followers and readers of this chat :)

The end is near, the end of this year I mean not of my development, I hope I haven't shocked you too much with the first few words :D

I just wanted to give you some kind of an overview of the development, I will post the same thing on all my rom threads, as it matches all of them.

My plans are as following:
    Start working again on the rom updates after christmas/new year. I also got some finals around january/february so I can't tell you yet how much time I'll get there to work on android things.

In general: I'll start to release rom updates with the Januar 2018 security patch base, that's at least the plan :good:

In the meantime I wish all of you very nice holidays (I really hope you got at least some free days...), nice time with your family, an awesome christmas party (in case you celebrate) and hopefully many nice little presents for you :fingers-crossed:

Love you all, you're an awesome community! :victory:
    Announcing EOL

Dear readers of this thread

Due to the fact, that the S7/S7e models will receive the Android Oreo update with the same Samsung Experience UI 9.0 as the S8 and the N8, there is no need for this port anymore. So this rom will follow the same fate as BatMan-Rom did.

Samsung has released the new January update for the N8, which I've used for the last update. This means also that the N8 will get the Oreo update afterwards and no new Nougat base anymore.

For the future I suggest you to stick to the SuperMan-Rom, it will be updated to Oreo as soon as it's available officially (with source code and everything).

Wish you a good time and see you after the Oreo release on the SuperMan thread!

PS: If you still want to comment on this rom, please use this thread here. Thanks very much :fingers-crossed:
    Happy new Year!

2018 is already here!

That year went so fast, I can't believe it :D

I hope we'll continue to be the same great community we were the last year, 2017 was a great year in android development way (and interesting new android phones as well).

Now I'm waiting for january bases to appear and I'm also able to reply to questions from now on again.

I only wish you the best for the year 2018, may all your wishes come true and I'll wish you to reach your personal goals!

Have a nice day/night, see you again in the forum :highfive: