[ROM][A2017G/U][V3.0.0B01_2 - 8.0.0][stock] SL!M

Search This thread

kanej2006

Mar 22, 2008
London
@ raystef66, not sure if I'm ready to upgrade to Nougat just yet, perhaps in the next release, 100% bug free one. :)

Also it was a pain in the ass to get Viper4Arise working as many of us know!! Plus I spent ages setting it up.

However, was just curious if it's possible to use the mixer_paths from Oreo on Nougat? You mentioned that sound quality has improved on Oreo so was wondering if it would work on Nougat? If so that would be amazing. If I can get even better sound quality then why not!

raystef66

Recognized Developer / Recognized Contributor
Jul 2, 2013
Belgium
ZTE Axon 7
Xiaomi Mi 9
External SD Card is always corrupted unless I use it as internal storage. Is this a common problem?
Know issue for some, not all. What's the format ? I've no problem on FAT. Perhaps try format to FAT (backup first !) or just continue on with the internal mode.

@ raystef66, not sure if I'm ready to upgrade to Nougat just yet, perhaps in the next release, 100% bug free one. :)

Also it was a pain in the ass to get Viper4Arise working as many of us know!! Plus I spent ages setting it up.

However, was just curious if it's possible to use the mixer_paths from Oreo on Nougat? You mentioned that sound quality has improved on Oreo so was wondering if it would work on Nougat? If so that would be amazing. If I can get even better sound quality then why not!
I could look into mixerpaths or perhaps sent you. You make a backup of your existing and try out. But not sure that will work. Anyway worth a try. You'll loose nothing.
And yes, comparing sound of speakers pure on experience imo is better (not on call which is the +-same). Louder but also better detailed. When i now compare same vids like on youtube, i must confess that there is more surround then before. The lightest ticks and sounds are hearable and morespread left and right then before.
So let me know if you can use the file ;)

Last edited:

KwesiJnr

Jan 4, 2015
Accra
OnePlus 7 Pro
Okay, I'm on the U version and was facing the same problems others were facing until now. Here's how I got it to work:
1. Optional: Backed up TWRP and media to PC
2. Formatted SD card and changed file system to f2fs explicitly. Make sure Mount System as read-only is checked.
3. Flashed
i. TWRP_3.2.1-5_ailsa_ii.img over the current TWRP v3.2.1-0 installation and rebooted into recovery again.​
ii. A2017X_V3.0.0B01_O_SL!M.zip
iii. ZTE_A2017U_MODDED_MODEM_FOR_OREO_A2017V3.0.0B01-2_TURKDEVS.zip​
4. Reboot.

That's it. I didn't have to press the power button to get the penguin. Everything worked right off the bat.

Last edited:

raystef66

Jul 2, 2013
Belgium
ZTE Axon 7
Xiaomi Mi 9
Okay, I'm on the U version and was facing the same problems others were facing until now. Here's how I got it to work:
1. Optional: Backed up TWRP and media to PC
2. Formatted SD card and changed file system to f2fs explicitly. Make sure Mount System as read-only is checked.
3. Flashed
i. ZTE_A2017X_V3.0.0B01.2_twrp3.2.1.6fix_bootstack_by_raystef66.zip over the current TWRP v3.2.1-0 installation and rebooted into recovery again.​
ii. A2017X_V3.0.0B01_O_SL!M.zip
iii. ZTE_A2017U_MODDED_MODEM_FOR_OREO_A2017V3.0.0B01-2_TURKDEVS.zip​
4. Reboot.

That's it. I didn't have to press the power button to get the penguin. Everything worked right off the bat.
Ok thnx for your input :good:
Couple of questions :
1. you do see the 5 and 30 sec screen on boot, right ? because that would be the same boot as on my phone. The red light normaly is gone as you have already flashed the rom before. It's only on initial flash that you have the red lights.
2. you skipped the flash of 3.2.1.5 ? But instead flashed bootstack and rebooted into 3.2.1.6 ?
3. you can see your extSD ok now in file manager (as on my phone) ?
4. all sound ok for you (as on mine btw)
5. quickcharging and view ok (as on mine) ?
Just asking these questions as it is for U version.

KwesiJnr

Jan 4, 2015
Accra
OnePlus 7 Pro
Ok thnx for your input :good:
Couple of questions :
1. you do see the 5 and 30 sec screen on boot, right ? because that would be the same boot as on my phone. The red light normaly is gone as you have already flashed the rom before. It's only on initial flash that you have the red lights.
2. you skipped the flash of 3.2.1.5 ? But instead flashed bootstack and rebooted into 3.2.1.6 ?
3. you can see your extSD ok now in file manager (as on my phone) ?
4. all sound ok for you (as on mine btw)
5. quickcharging and view ok (as on mine) ?
Just asking these questions as it is for U version.

1. I only see the 5 second boot screen with large text. The 30-second one doesn't appear.
2. Sorry, I flashed 3.2.1.5 instead and went straight to flashing the bootstack. Will edit that post accordingly.
3. My extSD card is shown and I'm able to access it, but for some reason, I Titanium Backup force closes when I want to set the backup folder location to external SD card, That's where I keep my backups.
4. So far, so good. I tested calls and media.
5. Like others have mentioned, the phone doesn't charge when the screen is on. I'm using the cable in my laptop, because I don't have the adapter with me at the moment. Once the screen is turned off, it charges just fine.

raystef66

Jul 2, 2013
Belgium
ZTE Axon 7
Xiaomi Mi 9
1. I only see the 5 second boot screen with large text. The 30-second one doesn't appear.
2. Sorry, I flashed 3.2.1.5 instead and went straight to flashing the bootstack. Will edit that post accordingly.
3. My extSD card is shown and I'm able to access it, but for some reason, I Titanium Backup force closes when I want to set the backup folder location to external SD card, That's where I keep my backups.
4. So far, so good. I tested calls and media.
5. Like others have mentioned, the phone doesn't charge when the screen is on. I'm using the cable in my laptop, because I don't have the adapter with me at the moment. Once the screen is turned off, it charges just fine.
Thnx for the feedback !
1. on my G i have both 5 and 30. Not that that's a great issue but only having the 5 sec is better. Perhaps its U version related. But will test that too.
2. ok
3. can you test with format FAT i you want and see how that reacts with TB ?
4. ok
5. i read that even when the screen is on and the lightning symbol isn't shown, it IS in fact charging too. Could that be right ? If not, then this is a difference between U and G (as on G i havent heard that imo)

wineds

Jun 11, 2009
Melbourne

raystef66

Jul 2, 2013
Belgium
ZTE Axon 7
Xiaomi Mi 9
Here you go : https://www.sendspace.com/file/icjgra
These are the mixer_paths from V3.0.0B01 located in system/vendor/etc/
On N you've got to copy them to system/etc/ , so not sure though if all will be ok after reboot. But you can try, nothing lost there :cyclops:
Do make a backup first ;)

Reactions: kanej2006

kanej2006

Mar 22, 2008
London
Here you go : https://www.sendspace.com/file/icjgra
These are the mixer_paths from V3.0.0B01 located in system/vendor/etc/
On N you've got to copy them to system/etc/ , so not sure though if all will be ok after reboot. But you can try, nothing lost there :cyclops:
Do make a backup first ;)

Sound is working, however, with voice calls there is no sound.

After trying a few voice calls it's mute. Even after replacing the mixer_paths with the original there is still no audio when making phone calls. Strange as the only file I replaced was the mixer_paths.

I did backup the original and even after replacing it still there is no sound. Any ideas?

Last edited:

raystef66

Jul 2, 2013
Belgium
ZTE Axon 7
Xiaomi Mi 9
Sound is working, however, with voice calls there is no sound.

After trying a few voice calls it's mute. Even after replacing the mixer_paths with the original there is still no audio when making phone calls. Strange as the only file I replaced was the mixer_paths.

I did backup the original and even after replacing it still there is no sound. Any ideas?
Did you check the permissions ? You could wipe dalvik/cache in twrp.
Normally there shouldn't be much mixed up.

maKv

Jan 6, 2015
I just flash this rom as your instruction on my A2017G.
So far so good, found minor problems,
-no shutdown charging.
-slow finding sim signal when power on.
-no App Clone Function as all Chinese Roms ( my favorite fuction actually).
-Good to have Call Recorder in this rom.

It is good rom.
Thank you very much for your efforts.

Reactions: raystef66

raystef66

Jul 2, 2013
Belgium
ZTE Axon 7
Xiaomi Mi 9
I just flash this rom as your instruction on my A2017G.
So far so good, found minor problems,
-no shutdown charging.
-slow finding sim signal when power on.
-no App Clone Function as all Chinese Roms ( my favorite fuction actually).
-Good to have Call Recorder in this rom.

It is good rom.
Thank you very much for your efforts.
Thnx!
Finding sim radio does indeed last a bit longer then on N, some seconds i guess.
For the app clone function, which one do you refer to ? Perhaps i got rid of that and i can upload it.
The build-in call recording is definitive a pro for me as i use it frequently.

so does the mixer_path from oreo,works on nougat rom with permissions applied??
We should ask @kanej2006.
Imo, a slight chance it would work though. But if you want an improvement you can try, if not already, these ones. They DO work :good: thnx @senny22

Last edited:
Reactions: senny22 and Vit99

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    DO READ ALL CAREFULLY ! I MEAN ..... ALL…

When installing this zip you have to know it’ll make your intSD to be formatted when you want to revert to Nougat (see later on) . So do follow instructions carefully, otherwise do flash something else….don’t want to see some tears due to this one ;)

So, thought I upload my twrp zip of A2017 V3.0.0B01 MiFavor 5.2 based on @wineds backup (thnx mate !). And make a FULL GUIDE for it !
    As some of you wanted to test out this V3.0.0B01(version2) not through EDL but via a regular twrp zip, here you go !
    Pros and Cons but did my best to make it as it is...

PRO :

*stock rom with Dolby
    *almost fully debloated of Chinese adware
    *working magisk 15.3 and safetynet
    *working adaway
    *magisk modules working fine
    *no call bugs
    *no hickups or stuttering UI
    *scaling up to 0.25 – much faster UI experience
    *axon7 G bootanimation
    *FP scanner less then 1/2sec response time
    *…

CONS :

*didn’t manage to make system r/w through root explorers ; you can however delete and add files - or use twrp - i guess you’ll have to live with that and test for yourselves
    *reboot time lasts langer then normal
    *quick-charging does work but does not display that on screen
    *dialer phone call list may show some chinese characters next to "mobile", "work". It's a translation of it.
    *…

Procedure : READ CAREFULLY !!!!!

0. Download/place files onto extSD (not intSD) formatted as Fat(32)/exFAT (otherwise your extSD might seem “corrupt” when booted – see also PNW) :

a. Twrp3.2.1.5
    b. A2017X_V3.0.0B01_O_SL!M rom
    c. A2017X_V3.0.0B01_bootstack twrp3.2.1.6 incl
    d. Modem G or U
    e. A2017X_universalB15_twrp3.2.1.0 included and/or your bootstack of your running rom at the moment
    f. Magisk 15.3

1. Do make a full backup of your intSD ! ( on pc or extSD like you want ). You’ll loose your intSD when reverting back and needs formatting to EXT4. YOU ARE WARNED!
    2. Install twrp3.2.1.0 (if not already running) !
    3. Do make a full backup in twrp3.2.1.0 of your entire working rom (boot, modem, system, data)(if not already done)
    4. Boot into twrp3.2.1.0 and flash twrp3.2.1.5(a), reboot in recovery AGAIN ( do not boot system)
    5. Wipe system/data/cache/dalvik
    6. Install (b) rom
    7. Install (c) bootstack
    8. Install (d) modem (G/U)
    9. Flash magisk 15.3 (f)
    10. Wipe cache/dalvik
    11. Reboot
    12. Tap power on “5sec” and “30sec” screen ( I know….the corrupt boot is awfull,,don't blame me...)
    13. You’ll be powered off/red lights
    14. Power for around 10sec and you’ll boot
    15. Tap middle circle on bootpage, choose English, setup wifi,check in,…..
    16. You’re on !
    17. Uncheck auto update into Playstore !
    18. Check safetynet magisk. Should be ok
    19. Check adaway. Should be ok. If not : check “systemless hostst” under magisk/settings
    20. Enjoy adless youtube
    21. ….

You can add the new JoJoc module in magisk to juice up your battery-life :good:
    Tip : disable left page (Mi-board) with long press on home screen/goto more/uncheck Mi-Board

REVERT PROCEDURE to Nougat : READ CAREFULLY !!!

1. Boot into twrp3.2.1.6
    2. Flash twrp3.2.1.0 and reboot into recovery AGAIN (not into system !)
    3. You will see you have to “cancel” and swype and you’ll have to format intSD again. But first look also if you see your old twrp backup you took earlier into the restore option
    4. When so, go into wipe/advanced/wipe/choose data/change filesystem to EXT4
    5. Then go into wipe : wipe system/data/cache/dalvik
    6. Restore your old twrp backup
    7. Flash universal B15 ! (for nougat)
    8. Reboot
    9. Red lights...but power again for some secs
    10. You’ll boot
    11. When booted, reenter twrp again and flash ( if needed ) your own bootstack again ( in my case on G I flashed the B09 bootstack (slim4) and in same flash also the B09-removeBLwarning )
    12. Reboot and you’re on your old running rom now

INFO :

Stripped off :

Weather
    Browser (ume)
    Email
    Google Video, Films…
    Maps
    ZTE clock replaced by Google Clock
    ZTE calendar replaced by Google Calendar
    ….......

Baked into :

AdAway
    Google Calender
    Google Clock
    Youtube Black themed addfree (latest)

Minor Modifications :

Zip aligned apk’s

Build.prop tweaks :

• Improved performance
    • Faster boot
    • Phone rings immediately
    • Wifi scan interval 180sec
    • Better call voice quality
    • Better network signal

Added sounds LOS
    Faster UI (scaling 0.25)

Hope you'll E N J O Y !!!

Contributors :
    me, myself and I

Credits :
    @amarullz
    @SuperR.
    @Ayush Singh
    @Didgeridoohan
    @asderdd (edl rom + modems :good:)
    @wineds (for his TWRP backup :good:)
    @NFound (for his new twrp's :good:)
    @nfsmw_gr (for our work together on his JoJoc tweak , thnx !)
    @ZaneZam (iYTB Thnx !)
    @Chainfire
    @topjohnwu
    @jcadduono

ROM OS Version : OREO 8.0.0
    Source : ZTE stock-rom A2017V3.0.0B01 / original ZTE upload/reuploaded : https://androidfilehost.com/?fid=889964283620773067 thnx @asderdd
    Kernel : stock

Version Information :
    Created : 2018-02-18
    Uploaded : 2018-02-20
    Oh man oh man official Oreo :D Staying on AEX for now, but great work man :) Could things like Google Dialer be integrated?
    Thank You !
    I could but in this release i didn't add to much. Can add a flashable zip though later on. We'll see :cyclops:
    Oh man oh man official Oreo :D Staying on AEX for now, but great work man :) Could things like Google Dialer be integrated?
    Install google framework from magisk ao that can install google dailer officially from play store :)
    OK jojoc and magisk works.But the audio bug is still here,suddenly it stops playing music and after 1-2 seconds it plays music again but with highest volume less than a second,it's like a 'boomM' for less than a second, It's the same on custom oreo rom. It looks like it happen random and it happend 1 time in 1 hour.But the audio quality overall is just madness,phone speakers are shaking.

Edit: I think it has something with receiving notifications or with some apps when listening to music/movie
    Thnx for the feedback !
    First of all i want to point out the audio quality on speakers is great ! Imo even better then on stock B09 f.e.
    Btw, add some sound volume steps with my volume steps enabler
    Nevertheless, i will test the bug on earpieces as i had notifications enough when listening to music over speakers and never had a boom bug.
    When receiving a notification and listining to audio, the volume drops for a moment. But that's normal on other stocks too. But perhaps it increases too much when on earpieces...
    So, today i'm gonna test a while with earpieces and setup some trigger notifications myself. Report back.