No LED light since upgrade to Oreo

Search This thread

UgiPletzet

Sep 26, 2010
Hi,
I've recently upgraded from N to O (8.1 OPM5, rooted), and ever since then I have no LED notifications at all.
Things done:
1. Enabling "Blink light" in notification settings.
2. Enabling/Disabling the "Ambient display" setting.
3. Checking w/ GravityBox' UNC (I have the pro version).
4. Checking w/ 3rd parties like LightFlow and Light Manager.
None of these worked, and the LED was never on at any color. When using Nougat I had no problem with it.

Any ideas?
Thanks.

Timmy_01

Jul 24, 2008
Rotterdam
This is what I've seen on another website:

"To start...Oreo notifications are very different from Nougat. Not only do you need to turn on the LED as you have already done, but you also need to go into each individual app and make sure you have the same thing turned on.

Here is one example...

Go to Settings > Apps & notifications > App info > Gmail > Notifications > UNDER Miscellaneous tap on "Miscellaneous Make sound" and a new window will open and in here is where you make the individual app adjustments where you turn on "Always pulse notification light" > then go back one screen and tap on "Attachments Make Sound" and another window will open where you make the same adjustments per app as you just did.

The key here is that not only do some things have a toggle to turn them on or off, but those same toggles will open another windows when you tap on the words themselves which gives you more notification options than you thought were even available. Be patient and you will get it."

Reactions: gbru2505

UgiPletzet

Sep 26, 2010
Thx for the reply, that's a good lead.
Unfortunately (for me), all settings are "on" for "Blink Light", and still the LED never turns on.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This is what I've seen on another website:

"To start...Oreo notifications are very different from Nougat. Not only do you need to turn on the LED as you have already done, but you also need to go into each individual app and make sure you have the same thing turned on.

Here is one example...

Go to Settings > Apps & notifications > App info > Gmail > Notifications > UNDER Miscellaneous tap on "Miscellaneous Make sound" and a new window will open and in here is where you make the individual app adjustments where you turn on "Always pulse notification light" > then go back one screen and tap on "Attachments Make Sound" and another window will open where you make the same adjustments per app as you just did.

The key here is that not only do some things have a toggle to turn them on or off, but those same toggles will open another windows when you tap on the words themselves which gives you more notification options than you thought were even available. Be patient and you will get it."