[8.x] Omni for Oneplus 3(t)

Search This thread

Rafeh

Jan 25, 2013
Plz add these these features to this rom,
1. 3 finger swipe to take screen shot.
2. Auto unlock face detect on lockscreen.
3 Clock Alignment in statusbar.
Overall its the best rom in terms of Battery and performance :)

dferreira

Jan 26, 2007
Oulu
www.denzilferreira.com
I'll just leave this here, in case you are still wondering if you should rock this. Hands down the only Oreo ROM that does this.

Attachments

• Screenshot_Settings_20180308-065858.png
    Screenshot_Settings_20180308-065858.png
    125.4 KB · Views: 832
Reactions: Sunil Laxman

r3ix

Dec 16, 2014
I'll just leave this here, in case you are still wondering if you should rock this. Hands down the only Oreo ROM that does this.
Yes the omni rom has idle time very good. But i use Bluetooth all the time with mi band, it's impossible to me do this :(

Even with Bluetooth all the time on, I managed to battery last all day and get 4/5h SOT with gaming, whatssapp, emails, etc

Enviado do meu ONEPLUS A3003 através do Tapatalk

Last edited:

dferreira

Jan 26, 2007
Oulu
www.denzilferreira.com
rooted? with greenify aggressive doze?

Using Magisk just to enable the Google Camera HDR+ fix, stock kernel, official 8.1 OpenGapps nano. No Greenify crap (that actually drains your battery more!!!). All default. As an email+calendar client, I find that Microsoft's Outlook works way better than Gmail (battery wise), so I removed Gmail and Calendar synching as Outlook app does both.

---------- Post added at 06:56 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:55 AM ----------

Yes the omni rom has idle time very good. But i use Bluetooth all the time with mi band, it's impossible to me do this :(

Even with Bluetooth all the time on, I managed to battery last all day and get 4/5h SOT with gaming, whatssapp, emails, etc

I also have my BT enabled for my Fitbit. Over the night, i turn wifi, mobile data and bt off, keeping the phone still active for phone calls/sms only. No drain overnight :)

r3ix

Dec 16, 2014
I leave my bt on overnight, that's why I can't do that... But I agree, battery on omni rom it's very good :)

FrailtyXYZ

Oct 5, 2017
Using Magisk just to enable the Google Camera HDR+ fix, stock kernel, official 8.1 OpenGapps nano. No Greenify crap (that actually drains your battery more!!!). All default. As an email+calendar client, I find that Microsoft's Outlook works way better than Gmail (battery wise), so I removed Gmail and Calendar synching as Outlook app does both.

---------- Post added at 06:56 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:55 AM ----------

I also have my BT enabled for my Fitbit. Over the night, i turn wifi, mobile data and bt off, keeping the phone still active for phone calls/sms only. No drain overnight :)

fb and messenger installed? i just use greenify for my gcm apps

legendavey

Apr 11, 2016
Hi @maxwen, would it be possible to integrate a feature similar to this on Omni 8.1? Seems like it would be very useful for most users.

https://stadt-bremerhaven.de/android-p-fingerabdruckscanner-laesst-sich-flott-deaktivieren/

You can be forced to unlock your phone with your fingerprint (as it does not fall under the ambit of the Fifth Amendment) but the police cannot force you to provide your passcode or password which this feature will help to protect. :)

Edit: Forgot to tag the man himself!

Last edited:

loveboy_lion

Dec 29, 2011
Mumbai
Hi @maxwen, would it be possible to integrate a feature similar to this on Omni 8.1? Seems like it would be very useful for most users.

https://stadt-bremerhaven.de/android-p-fingerabdruckscanner-laesst-sich-flott-deaktivieren/

You can be forced to unlock your phone with your fingerprint (as it does not fall under the ambit of the Fifth Amendment) but the police cannot force you to provide your passcode or password which this feature will help to protect. :)

Edit: Forgot to tag the man himself!
Why not just restart the phone to make fingerprint useless at first boot [emoji23]?[emoji39]

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

legendavey

Apr 11, 2016
Why not just restart the phone to make fingerprint useless at first boot [emoji23]?[emoji39]

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

Because some of us run encrypted devices and restarting the phone brings up the boot time PIN, which once entered lets you sign in with your fingerprint again.

Sure, you can leave the on the boot time PIN as some sort of 'lockdown', but you won't receive calls and texts during that time. :)

Hazbelll

Feb 24, 2018
Great Britain
steamcommunity.com
Because some of us run encrypted devices and restarting the phone brings up the boot time PIN, which once entered lets you sign in with your fingerprint again.

Sure, you can leave the on the boot time PIN as some sort of 'lockdown', but you won't receive calls and texts during that time. :)

Actually, on that note; I wonder if it's possible for OmniROM to implement FBE (File-Based Encryption) which lets the OS boot up completely, but still keeping personal data encrypted until unlocked that has been native to Android since 7.0 Nougat. Not sure how that's achieved exactly. The OnePlus 3(T) was released with Marshmallow, even though Nougat was about, so I dunno if OnePlus were simply trying to cut some corners keeping up to spec there or something that isn't specific to just the ROM itself.

F2FS supposedly supports FBE (Although it's been said otherwise), but you can always convert to EXT4 via TWRP anyway, as I have done myself simply for the maturity of the filesystem over F2FS that later incarnations of OnePlus phones also switched back to using.

Top Liked Posts