How to use Wireless Download/NetOdin when you bricked your Gear S3

Search This thread
Hey guys, it's Latrell.

So I know the solution is already on XDA, but there isn't a proper forum on it, and couldn't find a solution.
So I bricked my Gear S3 frontier (T-Mobile) (SM-R765T) and I'm still trying to find the proper firmware, but at least I can flash it. I was worried that at first I couldn't and I'd have to wait for Samsung to fix it, which would probably be around 2 weeks. And I'm impatient. At least I have my T-Mobile Gear S2 classic and Gear Fit2...

Now if you have the latest (or a flashable firmware that isn't the testing firmware, which I have, so if you need to at least get your Gear S3 started somewhat, let me know and I'll upload it) let me know. I have firmwares, but I'm still flashing them to see which one is the right one. So far no luck...
But I bricked my Gear S3 frontier trying to downgrade from Tizen 3 (specifically 3.0.0.1) because the previous version seemed smoother, but obviously that wasn't a good idea...

Anyways, enough with the rambling... let me show you how to get back to wireless download on your Gear S3 classic or frontier. It's pretty easy.

Step 1: Press and hold onto the power button until it says rebooting, then press the button about 3-5 times, and stop when you get into a menu.
Step 2: Scroll to the Download (Wireless) option until it's green by pressing the power button, then press and hold onto the option until you get the Tizen logo (the blue flower looking thing.)
Step 3: Now here's the part that's going to save you. Press and hold onto the power button for 2 seconds, then let go and press and hold for 1 second. Then repeat until you see "Searching for AP"
Step 4: Double press the power button, and you should see the "Wait for AP connection", and you're done!

EDIT: For the people asking about the "Google FRP lock" even though it's Samsung reactivation lock and you can't sign into a Google account on there, you need the login info or try to reset your password. Samsung has that stuff locked down and you can't pass it.

Now you can use the firmware you've been hunting the internet for.

I hope this helped everybody.

Last edited:

adfree

Jun 14, 2008
Samsung Galaxy Watch 4
Samsung Galaxy S22
This is what I know... about SM-R765T

The ""good"" news:
Only 3 Firmware versions public released:

Code:
R765TUVU[COLOR="Green"][B]3[/B][/COLOR]CQL1/R765TTMB3CQL1/R765TUVU3CQL1

R765TUVU[B][COLOR="Green"]3[/COLOR][/B]BQI2/R765TTMB3BQI2/R765TUVU3BQI2

[COLOR="Red"][B]R765TUVU2AQA6/R765TTMB2AQA6/R765TUVU2AQA6[/B][/COLOR]

The red marked Version is obsolete... because Samsung Rollback Prevention. :rolleyes:
This version is free available here in XDA. :D :eek: :(
I have also second Firmware with Software Revision 1... free available but also obsolete...

Short summary.
Software Revision 1 free available BUT obsolete.
Software Revision 2 free available BUT obsolete.

We need Software Revision 3 :good:

But I can not find it as free Download... only on paid sites... for money. :rolleyes:

To check Software Revision on your device...
Check Odin Screen... example:
https://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=73607036&postcount=1
Code:
AP SWREV: B:
or
or

But as you wrote Tizen 3... you have Software Revision 3... as Bootloader sboot.bin is written...

Only as info.

Best Regards

Reactions: christis
Hi
i have opened the watch and connected 4 cables and flashed with watch. so now I have stack in FRP and google account. Do you know how to remove it.

Thanks

You must mean reactivation lock. FRP is Google's lock. And reactivation lock is Samsung's lock.
But as far as I know... no. There's no way to bypass it. It's as tough if not tougher than the iCloud lock. There may be a solution on YouTube but I'm not sure.

ripgut

Aug 25, 2009
Kennewick, WA
Hi, sorry to revive this thread, but once in Wireless download mode and i change the AP mode to SM-R770-A301. How do i get it to connect to my Wifi? i have a google onhub router. Reason im asking is because this thing is stuck on a bootloop and wont perform a reset after selecting recovery on the reboot mode screen.

Edit: nevermind, i figured it out, the watch becomes the AP, duh, stupid me, blonde moment.

Last edited:
HI, I am not able to use the watch, as because after restarting first I need to activate it bypass the google activiation lock. its asking me to activate with the ID that was used in first place.
So can you see if there is a way to bypass google.
I have flashed it with a combination file and I can connect it to wifi and can turn on debagging. :angel:

Don't you mean Samsung account?

Reactions: adfree

PaulB007

Dec 31, 2008
Can anyone help me on this one issue? I have the proper software, netodin, got into wireless download mode but on two separate laptops the watch WILL NOT show up as a network I can connect to. I have a demo store unit and need to get a proper stock ROM running so I can get samsung pay going but am having a really hard time for some reason. Any ideas?

dragosgsm

Aug 29, 2010
BACAU
Hey guys, it's Latrell.

So I know the solution is already on XDA, but there isn't a proper forum on it, and couldn't find a solution.
So I bricked my Gear S3 frontier (T-Mobile) (SM-R765T) and I'm still trying to find the proper firmware, but at least I can flash it. I was worried that at first I couldn't and I'd have to wait for Samsung to fix it, which would probably be around 2 weeks. And I'm impatient. At least I have my T-Mobile Gear S2 classic and Gear Fit2...

Now if you have the latest (or a flashable firmware that isn't the testing firmware, which I have, so if you need to at least get your Gear S3 started somewhat, let me know and I'll upload it) let me know. I have firmwares, but I'm still flashing them to see which one is the right one. So far no luck...
But I bricked my Gear S3 frontier trying to downgrade from Tizen 3 (specifically 3.0.0.1) because the previous version seemed smoother, but obviously that wasn't a good idea...

Anyways, enough with the rambling... let me show you how to get back to wireless download on your Gear S3 classic or frontier. It's pretty easy.

Step 1: Press and hold onto the power button until it says rebooting, then press the button about 3-5 times, and stop when you get into a menu.
Step 2: Scroll to the Download (Wireless) option until it's green by pressing the power button, then press and hold onto the option until you get the Tizen logo (the blue flower looking thing.)
Step 3: Now here's the part that's going to save you. Press and hold onto the power button for 2 seconds, then let go and press and hold for 1 second. Then repeat until you see "Searching for AP"
Step 4: Double press the power button, and you should see the "Wait for AP connection", and you're done!

EDIT: For the people asking about the "Google FRP lock" even though it's Samsung reactivation lock and you can't sign into a Google account on there, you need the login info or try to reset your password. Samsung has that stuff locked down and you can't pass it.

Thank you for your post, I have the same problem with a Galaxy Watch SM-R800 , after I have written a combination file I can't get the "Wait for AP connection" message (Can't get throw Wireless Download step, as I did before with pressing power button twice... watch got briked)...heard that there is a usb cable with the connection on the side of the watch near the bracelet but I can't find it to buy or a pinout to make it :(

adfree

Jun 14, 2008
Samsung Galaxy Watch 4
Samsung Galaxy S22

Chr_edw

Feb 17, 2019
Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

So I flashed today and i had the wrong version.

Now I cant get to waiting for ap. I can get logo up but when i hold power for one sec repeatedly watch just turns off.

adfree

Jun 14, 2008
Samsung Galaxy Watch 4
Samsung Galaxy S22
So I flashed today and i had the wrong version.

Don't be shy... :D

More infos... what where when?
:confused:

Nobody has Crystal Ball...

You have what?
SM-R765A for USA ATT or something "else"...

Firmware packages have funny names aka file names for better identification...

If this is not Top Secret... maybe tell what you have flashed...

Example.
Code:
AP_R765AUCU2DSA1_usr.tar.md5

This is 1 of 4 files from Tizen 4 DSA1 Firmware package for SM-R765A ATT...

Best Regards

jazzdglass

Jul 19, 2011
Lagos
Don't be shy... :D

More infos... what where when?
:confused:

Nobody has Crystal Ball...

You have what?
SM-R765A for USA ATT or something "else"...

Firmware packages have funny names aka file names for better identification...

If this is not Top Secret... maybe tell what you have flashed...

Example.
Code:
AP_R765AUCU2DSA1_usr.tar.md5

This is 1 of 4 files from Tizen 4 DSA1 Firmware package for SM-R765A ATT...

Best Regards

Hi friend. I flashed combination level 1 or bit 1 to my gear successfully using wireless Odin. But now watch is bricked does not turn on, it goes off after Samsung logo. If I try wireless mode it goes off also after a while on the blue flower page, does not show WPS or AP mode, after while then power off itself. Only stable thing is Odin mode. I am not good in soldering. I don't want to damage watch. It is R760 model. I have firmware file, bit 2 also combination file bit 1 and 2. But I flashed successfully bit 1 combination. Maybe I should have flashed bit 2 ?

dnkeyhnter

If you have a port on the side of the watch with the 5 pins underneath it, you can use the circuit board from the inside of the charger of the original Gear S to connect via USB and flash firmware via Odin (not NetOdin). I've done this for a few different watches that I have bricked while testing different firmwares.

If your watch does not have the port, just use the back casing of one that does.. the pins on the motherboard are all the same. It's just a matter of having the port to be able to connect via USB without trying to manually connect loose wires.

Reactions: adfree

brunomanuelpt

Nov 16, 2014
Hi guys,

I have the SM-R500 and I was trying to update the firmware using NetOdin, I could solve it, first with the AP installation.

Then I was able to turn on the device, all good...but then on the step to connect my smartwatch to the wireless (to change the region), and the smartwatch don't find any wireless network...

Then I was trying to do a new installation using NetOdin and when I'm facing the download (wireless screen) I'm facing the attach file error..."wd_cm_setup_ap: Failed to run soft AP -1"

Can anyone have a clue to solve one of the two situations?

Thank you so much in advance.

Attachments

• 1612006180729.jpg
    1612006180729.jpg
    449.7 KB · Views: 119

MarioNico

May 23, 2012
Berlin
I‘m stuck on this screen without the possibility to go to AP mode. Any solutions?

Attachments

• 2C9D57CE-7594-4031-BE29-75FCFD429205.jpeg
    2C9D57CE-7594-4031-BE29-75FCFD429205.jpeg
    485.5 KB · Views: 354

Graphmo

Dec 27, 2021
Hey guys, it's Latrell.

Hey, saw your video and it was great bro! The issue im having is after im done with the process it trips the reactivatuon lock. I have the faintest idea what the password is, it was set over 5 yrs ago. Any help would be a godsend. Thx

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hey guys, it's Latrell.

Hi, sorry to revive this thread, but once in Wireless download mode and i change the AP mode to SM-R770-A301. How do i get it to connect to my Wifi? i have a google onhub router. Reason im asking is because this thing is stuck on a bootloop and wont perform a reset after selecting recovery on the reboot mode screen.

Edit: nevermind, i figured it out, the watch becomes the AP, duh, stupid me, blonde moment.
    This is what I know... about SM-R765T

The ""good"" news:
    Only 3 Firmware versions public released:

Code:
    R765TUVU[COLOR="Green"][B]3[/B][/COLOR]CQL1/R765TTMB3CQL1/R765TUVU3CQL1

R765TUVU[B][COLOR="Green"]3[/COLOR][/B]BQI2/R765TTMB3BQI2/R765TUVU3BQI2

[COLOR="Red"][B]R765TUVU2AQA6/R765TTMB2AQA6/R765TUVU2AQA6[/B][/COLOR]

The red marked Version is obsolete... because Samsung Rollback Prevention. :rolleyes:
    This version is free available here in XDA. :D :eek: :(
    I have also second Firmware with Software Revision 1... free available but also obsolete...

Short summary.
    Software Revision 1 free available BUT obsolete.
    Software Revision 2 free available BUT obsolete.

We need Software Revision 3 :good:

But I can not find it as free Download... only on paid sites... for money. :rolleyes:

To check Software Revision on your device...
    Check Odin Screen... example:
    https://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=73607036&postcount=1
    Code:
    AP SWREV: B:
    or
    or

But as you wrote Tizen 3... you have Software Revision 3... as Bootloader sboot.bin is written...

Only as info.

Best Regards
    HI, I am not able to use the watch, as because after restarting first I need to activate it bypass the google activiation lock. its asking me to activate with the ID that was used in first place.
    So can you see if there is a way to bypass google.
    I have flashed it with a combination file and I can connect it to wifi and can turn on debagging. :angel:

Don't you mean Samsung account?
    If you have a port on the side of the watch with the 5 pins underneath it, you can use the circuit board from the inside of the charger of the original Gear S to connect via USB and flash firmware via Odin (not NetOdin). I've done this for a few different watches that I have bricked while testing different firmwares.

If your watch does not have the port, just use the back casing of one that does.. the pins on the motherboard are all the same. It's just a matter of having the port to be able to connect via USB without trying to manually connect loose wires.