[ROM][Official][Nightly] LineageOS 15.1 for OnePlus 3/3T

Search This thread

jianwen03

Jan 23, 2017
Photos quality is well behind OOS camera or GCam mod...

Well that's to be expected. This rom is officially maintained by one guy for free whereas OOS is maintained by a company we already paid for. Oneplus should be delivering superior software (& hardware) experience yet they manage to f*** up two flagship's camera, allowing unofficial camera ports to give much better photos than stock rom's camera.

sharkyslo

Jun 22, 2017
Trbovlje
Well that's to be expected. This rom is officially maintained by one guy for free whereas OOS is maintained by a company we already paid for. Oneplus should be delivering superior software (& hardware) experience yet they manage to f*** up two flagship's camera, allowing unofficial camera ports to give much better photos than stock rom's camera.
I totally agree. Which camera do you use? Arnova's v6?

Gandicela

Nov 16, 2011
Singapore
Just in case you guys didn't notice that today's nightly has March security bulletin merged in.I think it's better to uninstall all the overlays in substratum because of the recent AOSP changes from Google that prevent third party overlays from being installed.And it's a pity that substratum will not work properly in today's nightly and expectedly the future ones.:silly:

White UI is now painfully blinding me eyes!

Rittmeister123!

Sep 4, 2012
You can actually save the broken Videos. They get recorded in like 7fps with normal sound. You need to split video and sound and speed up the video so it matches the length of the sound recording.

Lucky me, as the video was kind of important for me and also strange bug, nice to hear it's fixed in the next nightly. And my bad for using an early version of Oreo to record something important :cyclops::rolleyes:

@om22 how did you do this?

Last edited:

BillGoss

Sep 2, 2010
Sydney
OnePlus 8T
Google Pixel 8 Pro
I, on the other hand, find battery life is quite good (stock kernel) though OOS is a bit better.

Sent from my OnePlus3T using XDA Labs

Attachments

• Screenshot_BBS_20180314-075259.png
    Screenshot_BBS_20180314-075259.png
    202.2 KB · Views: 1,043
  • Screenshot_Settings_20180314-075339.png
    Screenshot_Settings_20180314-075339.png
    178 KB · Views: 1,022

Vlad83

Aug 22, 2009
Miami
Hi guys, don't know if it's due to the latest weekly or latest ob firmware + modem but it seems like my camera is unable to focus when I try to take a pic whatever application I'm using.
Is anyone facing the same issue?

Have you tried cleaning the camera sensor?

Sent from my OnePlus3T using XDA Labs

lancebuks

Mar 29, 2012
Yokosuka
Hi guys, don't know if it's due to the latest weekly or latest ob firmware + modem but it seems like my camera is unable to focus when I try to take a pic whatever application I'm using.
Is anyone facing the same issue?
LOS camera is pretty bad imo, I've been using GCAM-Arnova8G2 V6 w/front fix oreo op3, the quality is gold.

lancebuks

Mar 29, 2012
Yokosuka
You have not any frontal photo glitch (inverted photo colors, offset photo) in other camera used app after install front portrait camera fix?
no i don't even bother testing LOS Camera - GCAM all looks good, video, panorama, photo sphere work fine...Slow Motion crashes but that's only because I haven't bothered installing the patch but everything else seem to work fine.

Last edited:

andrew2511

Nov 26, 2008
Am I the only one with this bug? It happens in every popup, WiFi too

Edit: nvm... I reinstalled gboard and everything's alright...

Attachments

• Screenshot_Root_Explorer_20180314-025706.png
    Screenshot_Root_Explorer_20180314-025706.png
    137.7 KB · Views: 507
Last edited:
Reactions: ninguem98

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 8.1 (Oreo), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.​
    Code:
    #include <std_disclaimer.h>

/*
     * Your warranty is now void.
     * We are not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
     * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
     * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
     * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
     * you point the finger at us for messing up your device, we will laugh at you.
     */
    LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. You will need to provide your own Google Applications package (gapps). LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit our Gerrit Code Review. Your changelog is whatever was merged into gerrit.

Important information:
    This thread is for LineageOS 15.1 builds for OnePlus 3/3T. The following will not be supported here:
    • Custom kernels
    • Mods
    • Xposed

We don't support Xposed and any logcat which includes a Xposed module will be ignored. You're kindly invited to not report bugs if you:
    • Flashed a custom kernel
    • Installed or did mods from untrusted sources
    • Modified system files

Tips:
    • SELinux works in permissive enforcing mode
    • You need at least OxygenOS 5.0 firmware, otherwise you'll get error 7 when installing the zip. Latest firmware is recommended.

Installation:
    First time flashing LineageOS 15.1 on your device, or coming from another ROM?
    1. Download the zip(s)
    2. Install a compatible Recovery (Latest official TWRP is highly recommended: https://twrp.me/oneplus/oneplusthree.html)
    3. Perform a nandroid backup of your current ROM (Optional)
    4. Wipe data/factory reset
    5. Flash LineageOS
    6. Optional: Install the Google Apps addon package
    7. Reboot

Source code:

Credits:
    • LineageOS Team & Contributors
    • Code Aurora Forum

Download:

XDA:DevDB Information
    LineageOS, ROM for the OnePlus 3

Contributors
    dianlujitao
    ROM OS Version: 8.x Oreo

Version Information

Created 2018-01-23
    Last Updated 2018-11-16
    Is it possible for Project Treble to be implemented? I was thinking of using the extra space from /bt_firmware (1GB) for /vendor. Thanks.

Sent from my OnePlus 3T using XDA Labs

OnePlus is evaluating official treblized Oreo, now the key problem for them is how to make Treble migration through OTA, according to their engineers. We have a 1.5G unused partition which can be used as /vendor. I don't know if they'll eventually make the change, but as they have positive progress on that, personally I suggest not to do 3rd party experiments in case breaking compatibility with the (possible) incoming official Treble builds.
    deep sleep issue will be fixed in the next weekly
    New build is up. What you care most, video recording is fixed.
    Oneplus already said they wont suport treble for oneplus 3 https://forums.oneplus.net/threads/join-our-oneplus-5t-ama-now.686679/page-9#post-17146313

so why not develop 3rd party suport for treble?

You have 2017 news, I have 2018 news:p

btw full treble is impossible with the current camera driver, see https://github.com/LineageOS/androi...mmit/030ee5d902fdbabd85d827a8598a3fb7fe37fc7f for ref