ROM[d85x.ls990.vs985.g3ds][8.1]**crDroid**[4.7]

• Thread starter Deleted member 4258086
  • Start date
Search This thread

petergunn666

Mar 4, 2012
With 3/10 on D851 I can connect PC to hotspot but no routing to internet through phone, also no internet access from Connectbot or crDroid Terminal on phone (other than via wifi). Android apps work fine. ip route show returns nothing. Can anyone confirm?

Issue was with carrier providing only ipv6 on LTE. I noticed ping6 worked from terminal while ping and other command line apps just reported no route to host. Switching APN to force ipv4 solved the issue. Haven't had a chance to test wifi tethering but pretty sure it was the same thing.

NoObik

Jul 14, 2008
Anyone else having the battery drain pretty fast with this ROM? Full charge around 6PM , medium usage (checked Facebook , emails, XDA, devrant) 10PM and the battery is already at 60% ... Is it normal?

rogerssnpy

Sep 21, 2015
Saylorsburg
Anyone else having the battery drain pretty fast with this ROM? Full charge around 6PM , medium usage (checked Facebook , emails, XDA, devrant) 10PM and the battery is already at 60% ... Is it normal?

Bad Battery? using stock kernel? D850 last me all day with this build email,facebook ,web

Might need to let it go thru a couple charge cycles as well

Reactions: NoObik

NoObik

Jul 14, 2008
Bad Battery? using stock kernel? D850 last me all day with this build email,facebook ,web

Might need to let it go thru a couple charge cycles as well

Don't know regarding bad battery or not, Ampere reports good health with temp 32° depleting at a rate of 730mA.

Yes still using stock kernel. Is there a good custom kernel that already works with 8.1?

Oh and forgot to also mention before my G3 model is D855.

rogerssnpy

Sep 21, 2015
Saylorsburg
Don't know regarding bad battery or not, Ampere reports good health with temp 32° depleting at a rate of 730mA.

Yes still using stock kernel. Is there a good custom kernel that already works with 8.1?

actually 40 % in 4 hours with moderate use is really not all that bad full charge = 10 hours

Oceanfall

Mar 15, 2018
Exfat SD not recognized

3/10 build wants to reformat my exfat sd card, but I don't want to reformat. Is this just a short-term thing or is exfat support being dropped?

Thasian483

Oct 3, 2012
Virginia
3/10 build wants to reformat my exfat sd card, but I don't want to reformat. Is this just a short-term thing or is exfat support being dropped?

can't directly answer that, but, starting with KitKat, Android has been using FUSE (Filesystem in Userspace) to emulate the FAT32 file system the “sdcard” virtual storage partition. With Android Oreo, FUSE will be replaced with “SDCardFS”, a new file system that will lower the storage resources being used to emulate SD card storage. And if you search "Diving into SDCardFS" on XDA you will find a in depth article.
Hopefully that helps.

petergunn666

Mar 4, 2012
Turn ForceGPU on

Ampere was showing ~750mA drain on my d851 which I though was a bit high. I had a look at DeveloperOptions > ForceGPU to see if I'd left that on but it wasn't set so I thought I'd turn that on anyway to see how much more current it would use. So, I set it and rebooted. With that option set Ampere shows a drain of ~250mA! (yes, ~500mA less!). Try that.

Reactions: NoObik

Why-Fi

Sep 30, 2016
No problem man. Glad I could help. Thanks are always greatly appreciated here in the forums.

Do me a solid, if you don't mind. From now on, thank other members with the thumbs up (like) button. It let's the thanked member know they got props without everyone participating getting unnecessary emails or taking away from subject matter of the original posts and discussions.

gserp4sox

Apr 24, 2009
New installation with latest build on a vs985 here.

I've been unable to get VoLte (HD Voice) working and I'm wondering if this is possibly due to the fact that the 'LTE-Verizon Internet' apn is not included in the current build yet? No ability to add apn's is available either. Trying to get this going got me to a 'com.android.phone' error when I touched 'Carrier Settings', a setting which only became visible when I changed the preferred network mode from Global to LTE (ie, "Carrier Settings" is not even seen as an available setting when the preferred network mode is set to Global). Phone won't make calls in LTE only mode.

Comments/suggestions would be appreciated - Thank you in advance.

Emu

Apr 5, 2013
Where do you see the settings for those features? I have the vs985 and I don't see the them in the network settings area were they typically reside. Combed through the settings with no joy, Probably another Verizon disappointment.......... Thanks in advance.
Installed them with a Magisk module for VoLTE. It automatically adds WiFi calling option too.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    D
    Deleted member 4258086

this is crDroid for LG G3

crDroid is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device also attempting to bringing many of the best features existent today. We're mainly based on LineageOS so use custom kernels compatible with them!

BE3pE0l.png

Features
    Click for feature list

First time installing crDroid to your G3, or coming from another ROM:
    - Make sure you're running a proper working Recovery (TWRP)
    - Copy GApps and crDroid zip to your external SDCard
    - Boot into Recovery
    - Wipe system,data and cache
    - Flash crDroid zip
    - Flash GApps zip
    - Reboot

Upgrading from earlier version of crDroid:
    - Copy crDroid ZIP to your external SDCard
    - Boot into Recovery
    - Wipe system and cache
    - Flash crDroid zip
    - Flash Gapps
    - Reboot

Don't expect any support if you:
    - are not running stock crDroid-kernel
    - have installed any mods such as Xposed!
    - have modified system files

DONATE

crDroid G+ community

crDroid Website

https://github.com/crdroidandroid

XDA:DevDB Information
    crdroidandroid, ROM for the LG G3

Contributors
    firebird11
    Source Code: https://github.com/crdroidandroid

ROM OS Version: 8.x Oreo
    ROM Firmware Required: latest twrp
    Based On: los

Version Information

Created 2017-11-07
    Last Updated 2017-11-07
    D
    Deleted member 4258086
    I'm not gone guys, I just have some really busy time at work and at home
    I'm trying to release some new builds this week before I go on vacation :)

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Tapatalk
    D
    Deleted member 4258086
    los rebased some repositorys so my time this weekend wil be in rebasing crdroid
    D
    Deleted member 4258086
    new builds up !