Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

phhusson

Recognized Developer
Jul 23, 2009
Paris
Hi all,

I've made my work on AOSP Phh-Treble as modular as possible, so that it can be reused on other ROMs.
As part of this effort, I'm releasing GSIs of LineageOS
This is a GSI, and true to the GSI spirit. It aims at supporting a maximum number of devices, but only with AOSP-available hardware features.

All credits obviously goes to LineageOS developers
v5: (2018-06-27)
Image for ARM64 A-only device with gapps
Image for ARM64 A-only device vanilla
Image for ARM64 A/B device with gapps
Image for ARM64 A/B device vanilla
Image for ARM32 A-only device with Android Go gapps
Image for ARM32 A-only device vanilla

v4: (2018-05-19)
Image for ARM64 A-only device
Image for ARM64 A/B device
Image for ARM32 A-only device
Image for ARM32 A-only devices, with Android Go gapps

V3: (2018-04-05)
Image for ARM64 A-only device
Image for ARM64 A/B device
Image for ARM32 A-only device

ChangeLog:
v4 (2018-05-19):
- Blackview A20 edition! Thanks to blackview for giving me this Android Go test device
- Fix Accents
- Update to latest AOSP Phh-Treble patches
- New Android Go variant with gapps

v3 (2018-04-05):
- Fix Galaxy S9 backlight control
- Support exfat sdcards on devices with exfat support in kernel
- Resize /system to maximum size on first boot

v2 (2018-03-26):
- Fix Galaxy S9 backlight control

How to build:
Code:
git clone https://github.com/phhusson/treble_experimentations
mkdir Lineage; cd Lineage
bash ../treble_experimentations/build-rom.sh android-8.1 lineage

Last edited:

Boolable

Aug 22, 2013
Strasbourg
Thanks for your work. I'll try this rom this weekend (I had problems with your other AOSP roms, I can't boot except the v9 one. I hope this version will boot).

eggimong

Jul 23, 2016
bootloop on xperia xz1
i flashed it on stock rom and wipe userdata,cache on fastboot and also tried on twrp factory reset and cache,cache dalvik(i tried your aosp v9 v10 v11 it also doesn't work)

phhusson

Recognized Developer
Jul 23, 2009
Paris
bootloop on xperia xz1
i flashed it on stock rom and wipe userdata,cache on fastboot and also tried on twrp factory reset and cache,cache dalvik(i tried your aosp v9 v10 v11 it also doesn't work)

Can you try this?
https://www.google.fr/amp/s/xdaforums.com/pixel-2-xl/how-to/treble-roms-pixel-2-xl-t3764851/amp/

What's the precise behaviour you're witnessing?
Do you get the White Android bootanimation, or only sony's logo?
Does it actually reboot when looping? You see the sony logo reappearing?
Does the device reboot to bootloader mode?

Boolable

Aug 22, 2013
Strasbourg
I doubt it will boot.
What device is this? Could you get logs?
When I try
Code:
adb logcat
I got this:
Code:
PS C:\ADB> adb logcat
- waiting for device -
The adb daemon seems not to be started while the bootloop. When I go back to the AOSP v9 rom, I can see logs with the same command but it's pointless since this rom is booting well.

Last edited:

phhusson

Recognized Developer
Jul 23, 2009
Paris
When I try
Code:
adb logcat
I got this:
Code:
PS C:\ADB> adb logcat
- waiting for device -
The adb daemon seems not to be started while the bootloop. When I go back to the AOSP v9 rom, I can see logs with the same command but it's pointless since this rom is booting well.

Does adb devices -l sees it?

Reactions: extended84

eggimong

Jul 23, 2016
Reactions: anil20noird

mudnightoil

Jul 22, 2014
Is it possible to build this w/ MicroG?

Assume you're asking due to the news about Gapps and 'Uncertified Device' problems.

Seems like a lot more is riding on MicroG now ...

Also, pretty sad that Google have done this ... Treble was probably the best thing they've done for Android since its inception, both for custom ROM development and potentially speeding up software updates for those who don't tinker with their phones.

patrick395x

Oct 28, 2017
Havana
Assume you're asking due to the news about Gapps and 'Uncertified Device' problems.

Seems like a lot more is riding on MicroG now ...

Also, pretty sad that Google have done this ... Treble was probably the best thing they've done for Android since its inception, both for custom ROM development and potentially speeding up software updates for those who don't tinker with their phones.
Well custom ROMs are whitelisted and so far I have not reported any issue with the Uncertified Device stuff on this GSI nor on RR GSI either, both by phhusson of course

mudnightoil

Jul 22, 2014
Well custom ROMs are whitelisted and so far I have not reported any issue with the Uncertified Device stuff on this GSI nor on RR GSI either, both by phhusson of course

I don't think that is expected to remain the status quo. In fact if you read the screen / article, people running custom ROMs are expected to manually register their devices with Google ... and whether that is just a registration or additional tracking is unclear.

patrick395x

Oct 28, 2017
Havana
I don't think that is expected to remain the status quo. In fact if you read the screen / article, people running custom ROMs are expected to manually register their devices with Google ... and whether that is just a registration or additional tracking is unclear.
I know, I read the article, but until we receive the Android ID registration we can keep using custom ROMs in an uncertified manner, once we are required to registrate our device we will see what happens

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts