[ROM / 7.1.2] DotOS 1.2 [ha3g]

Search This thread

sartaj prince

Dec 28, 2014
Want to know...is it have better things than other rom..i mean i use whatsapp, insta &other social media thing...i want only good battery backup...so is this is better??

muradify

Mar 8, 2018
istanbul
hi again

i installed rom for 3 days aga. i am really glad that rom. i tired RR, Aicp, Venom and last this. i guess this is the best couse it's more stable than old (i think) and AudioFX is working! on other 3 rom it's not working. xposed working fine.

thanx to the builders.

Reactions: akg2002

eHarry_

Oct 25, 2016
Bucaramanga
Thanks for the ROM. I've been using it for some days and it's amazing.

There is one thing though. It's a stupid thing but when you use a dark theme and open "settings", the window is white for a fraction of a second and then it become dark. It looks bad but as I said, it's stupid.

tehrzky

Oct 24, 2010
so fast and it was good..

i hope they will add some customization from RRmix to this.. and i think we need a new updated kernel. sometimes if you change some settings on deathly it hang or reboot.

Letzen

Dec 10, 2016
İstanbul
Redmi K20 Pro
Thanks for the ROM. I've been using it for some days and it's amazing.

There is one thing though. It's a stupid thing but when you use a dark theme and open "settings", the window is white for a fraction of a second and then it become dark. It looks bad but as I said, it's stupid.

It depends on your notification shade color. Grey with dark acts weird.

Lucky2say

Jan 6, 2016
Xiaomi Mi 9
I have been using this ROM for a week.
Stable, battery friendly and lightweight ROM.
Haven't faced any issue yet. (Except that camera cannot connect which is present in other ROMs too)
Thanks for your hard work and keeping note 3 exynos alive.

Reactions: Dinara°

phihnp

Mar 10, 2015
Very nice rom, I'm using this rom from from the beginning, it really good rom til now,
but sometime I got gallery crashed when opening the video and the thumbnail of pictures just display green square when I browse picture to post Facebook.
I'm looking forward to getting dotOS 2.1....
Thanks some much developers

Reactions: akg2002

akg2002

May 29, 2017
Redmi Note 10 Pro
I am using the ROM from the first day it was released.
I used so many roms and finally ended up here.
In all nougat roms available present, i can say
This is....
Best in battery life
Best in speed
Best in theming
Best in ram management
Missing very few features competed to others
Thank you developers...
Please continue developing and stay with us..

Reactions: sartaj prince

exp16

Nov 21, 2016
I have battery issue. At the night battery at %50 and i switch top airplane mode. After 8-10 hour my battery drained and left to %12.
I have only only 8-9 apps whic is WhatsApp,Spotify etc.
Before this rom i dont have issue with battery life.
Am i missing something or do wrong?

Sgt. Kofeyeh

Sep 14, 2014
Amman
I have battery issue. At the night battery at %50 and i switch top airplane mode. After 8-10 hour my battery drained and left to %12.
I have only only 8-9 apps whic is WhatsApp,Spotify etc.
Before this rom i dont have issue with battery life.
Am i missing something or do wrong?

You can use Wakelock Detector [ROOT] from the Play Store to see if any app is going rogue.

But since you don't many apps installed, and if you want my guess, it's definitely the mediaserver/cameraserver being kept awake due to the infamous camera bug present on LineageOS based ROMs.
Restart your phone or use "Camera Restarter" app from the Play Store. Every time you use the camera run "Camera Restarter Launcher". You can map its function to any of your buttons (I have it as long tap back button) to do that process in less than a second.

I know this may sound inconvenient, but a) you don't have to worry if your phone is being awake or not b) greatly decrease your chances of getting the "Can't connect to camera" error when opening the camera. :highfive:

Reactions: XYARGICX

exp16

Nov 21, 2016
You can use Wakelock Detector [ROOT] from the Play Store to see if any app is going rogue.

But since you don't many apps installed, and if you want my guess, it's definitely the mediaserver/cameraserver being kept awake due to the infamous camera bug present on LineageOS based ROMs.
Restart your phone or use "Camera Restarter" app from the Play Store. Every time you use the camera run "Camera Restarter Launcher". You can map its function to any of your buttons (I have it as long tap back button) to do that process in less than a second.

I know this may sound inconvenient, but a) you don't have to worry if your phone is being awake or not b) greatly decrease your chances of getting the "Can't connect to camera" error when opening the camera. :highfive:

I re-installed DotOs and check with wakelock detector its clear. Using spotify,steam, aimp, whatsapp, youtube,mozilla, opera and flud apps. But when i installed camera restarter app and trying to restart camera it says '' denied'' i gues its require root permission(which i remove).
Actualy dont have any problem with camera it work flawless since i installed DotOs. I checked again camera and dont have any bugs, errors etc.

Reactions: sartaj prince

Sgt. Kofeyeh

Sep 14, 2014
Amman
I re-installed DotOs and check with wakelock detector its clear. Using spotify,steam, aimp, whatsapp, youtube,mozilla, opera and flud apps. But when i installed camera restarter app and trying to restart camera it says '' denied'' i gues its require root permission(which i remove).
Actualy dont have any problem with camera it work flawless since i installed DotOs. I checked again camera and dont have any bugs, errors etc.

Yeah it does need root permission...

I must highlight that I what I mentioned was not an issue with the camera, but rather the mediaserver/cameraserver, which keeps running endlessly in the background after some sessions using the camera, and that's what causes the phone to stay awake. Camera Restarter kills those processes so you don't have to worry about that and ensure you don't face any error launching camera apps.

Give it a shot if you're still facing the wakelock issue :D

Reactions: XYARGICX

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

" #DroidOnTime "

echteam.png

about.png

dotOS is an Android Rom which focuses on performance and stability. Our aim is to enable a user to extract as much juice as possible and get most out of his/her device.
    Initially started by Mohan CM and later joined by Ganesh, Sam, Kuber, Iacob and Hari. Together we stand strong.

features.png

Stability and Performance
    Lagfree with High Performance Results
    Clutterless UI
    Perfect Interface for every User
    Enhanced default apps
    Redesigned settings and QS panel
    Full OMS support
    Colour Engine Support

DotExtras !!

STATUSBAR

* Clock Customisation
    * Battery Customisation

Quick Settings

* Quick Pulldown
    * QS Tiles Customisation
    * Advanced Quick Setting Easy Toggles

Buttons

* Volume Key Cursor Control

Display

* Wake on Plug
    * Pocket Detection
    * Accidental Touch

Lockscreen

* Fingerprint Tweaks
    * Powermenu Tweaks
    * Double tap 2 sleep anywhere
    * Lockscreen Media Customisation
    * Blur Screen Lockscreen

Recents

* Clear all Button
    * Immersive Recents
    * Show Memory Bar

Navigation Bar

* On screen navigation Bar tweaks
    * Home Button tweaks
    * Menu Button tweaks
    * Back Button tweaks
    * Power Button tweaks
    * Volume Buttons tweaks

Misc

* Advanced Reboot
    * Disable Force Close
    * ScreenShot Tweaks
    * Camera Shutter Sound

instructions.png

CLEAN FLASH:
    Download the latest build and GApps
    Reboot to recovery
    Make NAndroid backup (Not Necessary)
    Wipe System, Data, Cache , Dalvik
    Flash the latest build and GApps
    Reboot

downloads.png

Download ROM:
    DotOS ROM

Download Gapps:
    Note : Pico Gapps are needed. Others don't work with Note3.
    OpenGApps

credits.png

dotOS team
    LineageOS team
    ResurrectionRemix team
    AospExtended
    crDroid team
    AICP team
    And all other open source Devs/Teams.

theteam.png

Mohan CM - dotOS Founder/Lead Dev./Contributor
    Ganesh Varma - Lead Dev./Contributor/Maintainer
    Kuber Sharma - Contributor/Designer/Analyst
    Sam Grande - Contributor/Designer/Maintainer
    Iacob Ionut - Contributor/Designer/Maintainer
    Hari Ambadi - Contributor/Core GFX/ Lead Designer

github.png

dotOS source

Website

REPORTING BUGS!
    As soon as the problem occurs, take a logcat!
    READ MORE
    What is a LogCat?
    A "LogCat" is for debugging applications / Android system. When applications / Android crash the output the "explanation" for the crash, the Exception Stacktrace, to a Log. This log can be saved and help developers to fix the crash.
    What is it supposed to do?
    It will help to solve your questions, if your asked for a LogCat it is always useful.
    How can I get a LogCat?
    Prerequisites:
    Code:
    Linux, Windows or Mac 
    USB cable for your device 
    Android Device
    Instructions:
    Code:
    Install your device driver for using adb. Everything you need will you find here
    Download adb executable for your OS (Download: Windows | Linux | Mac). Paste it somewhere.
    Connect your android device.
    Verify if "Settings > Developer options > USB debugging" is checked, if not, simply check it.
    Open a command prompt (windows) or terminal (linux / mac). How to do it: On Windows: windows + r > enter "cmd" (without quotes) > click enter | On Linux: You don't know how to open a terminal? LOL | On Mac: Type Terminal into Spotlight and open it
    CD to the directory where the adb executable is located. On Windows: Go to the directory where you downloaded the adb executable, Shift+Right Click and select "Open Console" (or similar) | On Linux / Mac: Rightclick in the directory and select "Open Terminal here" (or simply CD into the directory)
    Type in your cmd/terminal: adb devices to verify your device is properly connected.
    If your device is properly selected, type in adb logcat to show the mighty and magic logcat aka stacktrace.
    Reproduce your error (or whatever) on your device.
    Right after, paste the whole cmd / terminal window into a paste-service like [url]http://pastebin.com/[/url] and send it to us.

ATD.png

XDA:DevDB Information
    DotOS v1.2, ROM for the Samsung Galaxy Note 3

Contributors
    Letzen, orkuncoskun
    Source Code: https://github.com/DotOS

ROM OS Version: 7.x Nougat
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.4.x
    Based On: LineageOS

Version Information
    Current Stable Version: v1.2
    Stable Release Date: 2018-03-02

Created 2018-03-02
    Last Updated 2018-03-02
    The ROM seems to be great. The performance is smooth. Everything is working fine except for the battery life. Around 30% of the charge was reduced in 5 hours. I did not use the phone at all. Is there any fix to this? Or is this how the battery life would be on this ROM? And btw, I have not inserted any sim card.

I ? don't support ? this ROM ? for a ? reason, my friend.
    Use ViperOS or LineageOS Extended.
    so fast and it was good..

i hope they will add some customization from RRmix to this.. and i think we need a new updated kernel. sometimes if you change some settings on deathly it hang or reboot.
    Want to know...is it have better things than other rom..i mean i use whatsapp, insta &other social media thing...i want only good battery backup...so is this is better??

Nandroid and test is the answer as always .
    This is really awesome... After months of drought we're actually getting whole new ROMs!!!
    Thank you @Letzen :highfive:

Sorry for sounding like a broken record, but does this inherit the camera HAL limitations on LineageOS ROMs for our N900 (WhatsApp/Snapchat video sharing issue & the "can't connect to camera" thing)?