Tutorial: Moto E4 Plus (XT1776) FRP BYPASS

Search This thread

jkjambo

Mar 26, 2011
Ok first of all , i don't know if frp bypass stuff is allowed on xda anymore , because too much changed here and it's not same as it was before , but anyway ..

Tutorial is based on this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gjU9C6xb_ps

but it only worked partially for me , so if you have trouble with unlocking that way , here is little bit more steps which will help you

Here is link to downloads : https://drive.google.com/drive/u/1/folders/12vVeqaEsuPEj2dPgIugA_Z4I-3AkPPhE
You'll need to install drivers first , then use that program

1) Reboot to bootloader mode
Turn OFF device, push vol down and then power button . after 2-3 sec release power button and you'll be in bootloader mode

2) start that Motorola_FRP

3) wait until 3rd or 4th restart when it asks for ADB Access.

4) First close that program and ONLY AFTER THAT Click OK on screen of phone

5) Go to your ADB folder , Open CMD( Just click on folder name and write cmd there ,then click enter)

Then use this command:

adb shell content insert --uri content://settings/secure --bind name:s:user_setup_complete --bind value:s:1

"If Above Command not Working Then Try This Command:
adb shell am start -n com.google.android.gsf.login/

If Above Command not Working Then Try This Command:
adb shell am start -n com.google.android.gsf.login.LoginActivity"

Then just reboot your device and you're good to go

I'm quite sure this will work with many other variants too, but i've tested this on my XT1776 , so ...

TheHitMan

Sep 20, 2017
Really?

fastboot erase frp is even command?
Yes. Its a commands. It depend on the type of partitions in your device. There are several threads floating around there in moto e4 dev. section related to this topic.

---------- Post added at 01:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:35 PM ----------

I didn't know that .

Don't really have time to test it right now , but i'm interested if qualcomm variant also can be reseted that way , i'm 90% sure it won't work , but still there is chance
i owns a mediatek variant of E4 and it worked for me.

bcrichster

Jun 6, 2013
Yes. Its a commands. It depend on the type of partitions in your device. There are several threads floating around there in moto e4 dev. section related to this topic.

---------- Post added at 01:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:35 PM ----------

i owns a mediatek variant of E4 and it worked for me.

We are running Qualcomm Owens and "erase" is not a terminal or fastboot command, I tried yesterday after a boo-boo.. ? When I used "fastboot rm -rf frp" cmd, it didn't protest.

TheHitMan

Sep 20, 2017
We are running Qualcomm Owens and "erase" is not a terminal or fastboot command, I tried yesterday after a boo-boo.. When I used "fastboot rm -rf frp" cmd, it didn't protest.

fastboot erase partition_name
fastboot flash partition_name file_name.img

Hope you familiar with this.

---------- Post added at 06:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:55 PM ----------

We are running Qualcomm Owens and "erase" is not a terminal or fastboot command, I tried yesterday after a boo-boo.. When I used "fastboot rm -rf frp" cmd, it didn't protest.

There's nothing like this *rm -rf* in fastboot.
Its a basic shell command to remove files.
If it didn't work than do this.
fastboot erase system
and then try to boot into system. you will get it.

Reactions: bcrichster

bcrichster

Jun 6, 2013

You are absolutely correct, not that ya point that out [emoji23] I must've typo'd when I tried. Looks like I did it the hard work way outta frustration. [emoji28]

Running an Xp3r!meπt with my XT1776

aminsagar1

Jun 26, 2018
Moto E4 Plus XT1776

My device hard brick Qualcomm please need blank flash file for Moto e4 plus xt1776 ????

₥ike_grips

Sep 23, 2017
ENGLAND is my city
Frp bypass March 1 2018-no PC needed just WiFi

Just did a bypass on the March 1 2018 security patch.sorry if there's no new information as I do these as a hobby and purposely don't look for answers on the web.
I do a lot of redundant things and useless steps in case I go down that rout. Like setting up Microsoft accounts in Gmail or turning the font size down, is for personal preferance.
If you would like a compleat list of steps in chronological order your sol. I do these once and done. I can only roughly give a Quinton Terintino style retelling of what happened.

(Skip all setup related screens that have a "skip" or "later" button)
basicly; from a freash factory reset! Talkback settings
Help&feedback
YouTube video share arrow
YouTube home page on YouTube app
YouTube settings
Google privacy policy
Google home page in Chrome app
FRP.f0il. C o m -best website ever
Link #1 (we'll come back for link #2)
*Sometimes you have to long press link1 and select gmail
Gmail set up skip but sometimes I've used a method you'd login with a Microsoft account oddly enough I use my Xbox 360 account info and it works (@yahoo.com lol)
in Gmail top right three dot menu -account management settings
youre probably in the system settings by now

Security settings
enable unknown sources
dissable all administration apps
(Useless here but most other times nessisary)
apps- show system- clear data and/or dissable all wizzards and/or things that say setup
(Do not press home button if it appears to light up at any time)
(End of useless crap)
carefully press back button until we reach FRP.f0il again
download link #2 and install the app
(The money shot)
the e4 is the only fone I've ever seen this on.
Ims settings (screen shot added)
provision phone - turn switch on (screen shot added)
change underwear
pull down notification settings
press the gear for system settings
goto backup&restore
FACTORY RESET
ERASE EVERYTHING
spike fone on ground
*not liable for broken device
your FRP has now been bypassed
good day to yous :itallianfingerpinch:

Attachments

• Screenshot_20180904-073934.png
    Screenshot_20180904-073934.png
    196.3 KB · Views: 433
  • Screenshot_20180904-073945.png
    Screenshot_20180904-073945.png
    115.2 KB · Views: 433
Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Ok first of all , i don't know if frp bypass stuff is allowed on xda anymore , because too much changed here and it's not same as it was before , but anyway ..

Tutorial is based on this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gjU9C6xb_ps

but it only worked partially for me , so if you have trouble with unlocking that way , here is little bit more steps which will help you

Here is link to downloads : https://drive.google.com/drive/u/1/folders/12vVeqaEsuPEj2dPgIugA_Z4I-3AkPPhE
    You'll need to install drivers first , then use that program

1) Reboot to bootloader mode
    Turn OFF device, push vol down and then power button . after 2-3 sec release power button and you'll be in bootloader mode

2) start that Motorola_FRP

3) wait until 3rd or 4th restart when it asks for ADB Access.

4) First close that program and ONLY AFTER THAT Click OK on screen of phone

5) Go to your ADB folder , Open CMD( Just click on folder name and write cmd there ,then click enter)

Then use this command:

adb shell content insert --uri content://settings/secure --bind name:s:user_setup_complete --bind value:s:1

"If Above Command not Working Then Try This Command:
    adb shell am start -n com.google.android.gsf.login/

If Above Command not Working Then Try This Command:
    adb shell am start -n com.google.android.gsf.login.LoginActivity"

Then just reboot your device and you're good to go

I'm quite sure this will work with many other variants too, but i've tested this on my XT1776 , so ...
    fastboot erase frp
    thats it :p
    it will work if qualcomm variant has frp partition.
    mtk variant already have one.

I didn't know that .

Don't really have time to test it right now , but i'm interested if qualcomm variant also can be reseted that way , i'm 90% sure it won't work , but still there is chance

---------- Post added at 06:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:55 PM ----------

There's nothing like this *rm -rf* in fastboot.
    Its a basic shell command to remove files.
    If it didn't work than do this.
    fastboot erase system
    and then try to boot into system. you will get it.