Stupid Oreo... need hotspot back...

Search This thread

killdawabbit

Jun 17, 2013
I updated my phone yesterday not thinking and knowing they may patch that hotspot hack. I need the hotspot back for work purposes and us you all know that you can't install anything outside network on Enterprise systems. So, the PDANET+ won't help me since it will have to be actually installed on the laptop/device you are trying to get internet access to as well. I didn't want to root my Note 8 but, what options do I have to roll back to nougat 7.1.1 or other alternatives just for my hotspot.

*Grandfather Verizon Unlimited*

Attachments

• Screenshot_20180410-113714_Settings.jpg
    Screenshot_20180410-113714_Settings.jpg
    242.6 KB · Views: 256

illusivenick

Mar 22, 2015
I updated my phone yesterday not thinking and knowing they may patch that hotspot hack. I need the hotspot back for work purposes and us you all know that you can't install anything outside network on Enterprise systems. So, the PDANET+ won't help me since it will have to be actually installed on the laptop/device you are trying to get internet access to as well. I didn't want to root my Note 8 but, what options do I have to roll back to nougat 7.1.1 or other alternatives just for my hotspot.

Try flashing verizon carrier specific U1 oreo, then flash verizon carrier csc.

Reactions: killdawabbit

illusivenick

Mar 22, 2015
Reactions: killdawabbit

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Try flashing verizon carrier specific U1 oreo, then flash verizon carrier csc.
    Any specific instructions on flashing and are those specific tar files board anywhere? I haven't flashed anything since my Galaxy S5

Yes go here: https://xdaforums.com/galaxy-note-8/how-to/guide-sm-n950u-u1-t3685884

First follow 'Flashing Unlocked Firmware: Steps in Post 4' and use (VZW) Verizon - N950U1UEU1AQH9/AQI5/BQK1/BQL2/BRA5

Then following 'Flashing Carrier Firmware: Steps in Post 3' and flash only VZW CSC.