[needed]persist backup of moto g5 plus which is not bricked yet

Search This thread

gumpysitruc@gmail.com

Feb 17, 2018
ok, I've tried a few different things but have been unable to get an 8.1 ROM to come up with LTE.

I've flashed stock ROM, restored EFS+persist, booted into it, powered off and taken an EFS backup, flashed custom ROM, gapps, magisk and restored EFS.

I've flashed stock ROM, restored EFS+persist, taken EFS backup, flashed custom ROM, gapps, magisk, and restored EFS.

Is there a specific order I'm missing here?
I don't think persist repair alone is going to do it for our phones. We need to fix EFS which will fix baseband. I finally got QPST drivers and program to install on my PC. Next obstacle is to get it recognized as qualcom snapdragon 625 device, which so far no joy. I don't think there will be a plug and play fix, but once we can identify exactly where IMEI is stored, and how to edit it, someone can make a good backup and share it with IMEI zeroed out, then individuals can use it editing their proper IMEI and restore the phones to what they should be. However, even this can be undone if Oreo rom is flashed again, until rom devs address this problem for our specific devices. Samsung devices have gone through this for years.

akshu2697

Dec 6, 2016
I don't think persist repair alone is going to do it for our phones. We need to fix EFS which will fix baseband. I finally got QPST drivers and program to install on my PC. Next obstacle is to get it recognized as qualcom snapdragon 625 device, which so far no joy. I don't think there will be a plug and play fix, but once we can identify exactly where IMEI is stored, and how to edit it, someone can make a good backup and share it with IMEI zeroed out, then individuals can use it editing their proper IMEI and restore the phones to what they should be. However, even this can be undone if Oreo rom is flashed again, until rom devs address this problem for our specific devices. Samsung devices have gone through this for years.

I have find a guide from mi,
May be this guide can able to help you

http://en.miui.com/thread-299779-1-1.html

bra1niac

Very interesting. I'll keep an eye out here and if I find anything else I'll update the thread.

N1vBruno

Aug 6, 2017

Attachments

• persist_bck.zip
    82.7 KB · Views: 201

gumpysitruc@gmail.com

Feb 17, 2018
I have find a guide from mi,
May be this guide can able to help you

http://en.miui.com/thread-299779-1-1.html
Yes, thank-you, I have read that, but not really applicable to our phone, plus my IMEI is ok. I have figured out how to get QPST to recognize my phone, and can now use it's many utilities. For any following along and wanting to try it, proceed at your own risk, as there are no how-to's for moto g5 +, but since the moto z play is very close, I was able to work around this. To get your phone recognized in QPST you need to boot into Qcomm, with phone plugged in to PC, then go to device manager on your PC. You will see Motog5+ listed under devices, several times. Right click on the first one, and then click install drivers. Manually point it to where your motorola usb drivers are stored, [obviously you have to have them already installed] and click on install. Then you can open QPST and your phone should show up under ports, and phones. How-to's for using QPST are findable all over the net, so proceed at your own risk from here. Reading utilities within QPST are safe, but be careful of any writing as you can brick your phone very easily. I suggest a google search of phones with same qualcomm chipset as ours, and only use those guides. Examples are the motoz play, Asus Zenfone3, Huawei Nova Plus, etc. There are some differences, but many things you will be able to use from the devs of those phones.

smartish123

Dec 4, 2016
So I just want clarify some stuff. Does the g5 plus persist backup work? Is it considered an official fix? If not why?

Mrkblo

Aug 11, 2009
Natal RN
It cant be considered an official fix, as people are reporting that they're getting no signal or no volte after rebooting their phone. This behaviour has been reported by people using both the Moto G4 Plus and Moto G5 plus persist backups. Still, if you have enough knowledge to carry the partition backup on your phone at all times, it can be used to keep your phone fully functional.

You can also try the latest backup provided by a brazilian user a couple posts earlier, and see if it does the trick for you.

So I just want clarify some stuff. Does the g5 plus persist backup work? Is it considered an official fix? If not why?

gumpysitruc@gmail.com

Feb 17, 2018
After looking through the dumped files with QPST, Ext4_unpacker, and hex editor, I think those of us who are having problems with the generously donated persist file, may be having those problems because it is a different device. My device is a XT1687, and donors files identify coming from XT1681, if I have learned this stuff correctly. My thoughts are that our losing our efs is these 2 devices are closely related, but different, as we know there are different firmwares for both. I'm putting out a call for a generous individual to make a copy of a XT1687 persist back-up and share it with us. Our well meaning focus has been on the means of extracting the file instead of it being different firmware. This still will not fix baseband, but I am still looking into that problem.

Last edited:

akshu2697

Dec 6, 2016
Yes, thank-you, I have read that, but not really applicable to our phone, plus my IMEI is ok. I have figured out how to get QPST to recognize my phone, and can now use it's many utilities. For any following along and wanting to try it, proceed at your own risk, as there are no how-to's for moto g5 +, but since the moto z play is very close, I was able to work around this. To get your phone recognized in QPST you need to boot into Qcomm, with phone plugged in to PC, then go to device manager on your PC. You will see Motog5+ listed under devices, several times. Right click on the first one, and then click install drivers. Manually point it to where your motorola usb drivers are stored, [obviously you have to have them already installed] and click on install. Then you can open QPST and your phone should show up under ports, and phones. How-to's for using QPST are findable all over the net, so proceed at your own risk from here. Reading utilities within QPST are safe, but be careful of any writing as you can brick your phone very easily. I suggest a google search of phones with same qualcomm chipset as ours, and only use those guides. Examples are the motoz play, Asus Zenfone3, Huawei Nova Plus, etc. There are some differences, but many things you will be able to use from the devs of those phones.

You don't have to do this all,
You have to just install Qualcomm drivers,
Enable usb debugging from developer option in mobile,
Boot in to bootloader,
Now press volume down button and select A
QCOM,AND PRESS POWER BUTTON,
Now your phone will start and connect it with pc,and in pc you will able to show QCOM port.

gumpysitruc@gmail.com

Feb 17, 2018
You don't have to do this all,
You have to just install Qualcomm drivers,
Enable usb debugging from developer option in mobile,
Boot in to bootloader,
Now press volume down button and select A
QCOM,AND PRESS POWER BUTTON,
Now your phone will start and connect it with pc,and in pc you will able to show QCOM port.
Nope, it didn't recognize it until I pointed the moto drivers to it in device manager, at least with my PC and windows 7. Of course I have a few programs with proprietary drivers installed, so there may have been conflicts going on.

Last edited:

akshu2697

Dec 6, 2016
Nope, it didn't recognize it until I pointed the moto drivers to it in device manager, at least with my PC and windows 7. Of course I have a few programs with proprietary drivers installed, so there may have been conflicts going on.

I have found solution for may be same problem,
But if we want to follow this we need someone's qcn file.

https://www.androidbrick.com/ultimate-guide-qualcomm-snapdragon-imei-baseband-repair-fix-part-2/

gumpysitruc@gmail.com

Feb 17, 2018
Yes, I have been through that article. Be careful, as that guide is not the qualcomm snapdragon 625. Many of those commands do not work, and the /dev/block addresses are incorrect.

I would be happy to get a persist backup for my XT 1687 and see if that addresses my losing efs on reboot.

gumpysitruc@gmail.com

Feb 17, 2018
I've already tried many ways to repair IMEI, including erasing the modem and recovering Persist from this branch, helped restore the mobile connection only IMEI 0 and works only on Pixel rom
Adding the persist file has nothing to do with restoring EMEI, that is done by saving and restoring your EFS partition. Adding the persist file to the EFS is for those who lost 4g/Lte and Volte, and as per OP's initial instructions, is to be done only in stock roms.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I wasn't sure the site would let me upload, but I did the work for you guys, and here is the file.
    Guys I may have found solution for all kinds of problem after downgrading,
    According to this forum I need Moto g5 plus unbricked HW PARTITION BACKUP from partition backup and restore application,or any other method.
    Please can you help me with this.

https://xdaforums.com/moto-g4-plus/help/moto-g4-pluss-model-changed-to-g4-lost-t3496912/page10
    I have figured out how to take a backup qcn of a bootloader locked, never touched phone, and change IMEI, and write it to a rooted phone. We are testing and if all goes well, I'll share how to. However, it is still necessary to get someone who is willing to share the backup. I have shared the how-to with someone with a back-up phone, and it is up to the individual to share his back-up. I am looking at buying a used phone that is untouched with a broken screen for cheap, and if it goes through I can share it with the IMEI blacked out. I caution, this method is not for everyone. It is not just loading a partition file and flashing it. You have to convert IMEI to hex, search through and edit the qcn file, and write it to your phone. I will report on success or failure in a few days.
    Just as a PSA (public service announcement), please do not flash anyone else's persist, as you will cause other problems for your phone. The thread I created below, explains what the original issue was and how to solve it, but you need your own persist.

https://xdaforums.com/g5-plus/how-to/fix-persist-resolve-imei0-explanation-t3825147

If the post above at #61 was able to deliver, then that may be a solution for many of you. However, until they actually reply to confirm success...
    Very interesting. If I reboot to recovery and restore my EFS+the G5+ persist backup again, I regain LTE, which I believe also happened with the G4+ persist. This is still on the stock ROM flashed from recovery (137-92-4 FWIW). I am uncertain what happens if I proceed to flash a custom ROM from this point. I've been using AICP 13.1 previously for potter. I'll try that again at some point.

The need to restore each time I reboot isn't the end of the world, and if I get to that point while having a custom ROM w/root I'd be relatively satisfied. This isn't my daily driver so some quirks are acceptable.

I started skimming pages on the MTK tools and noted that there are some Qualcomm tools as well for writing IMEI and serial number. This seems like dangerous territory to explore without a better understanding though.
    I had downloaded and tried the Qualcomm tools, but if I remember correctly, there is a driver package needed with it, and when I tried to install them, the installer gave errors. This is on a Windoze 7 installation. I moved on because the other MTK programs installed correctly.

I agree, this could be dangerous ground, but I don't think it is that bad for someone used to working in android systems. I have an old Galaxy S4 that i was able to pull the efs partition and found the IMEI and converted it to 0's in hexeditor, then wrote to the phone, and of course IMEI was 0. Then I changed it back, and using IMEI convertor was able to put it back in the correct address and reflash getting service back. The documentation for the Galaxys is extensive, so I had an easy time finding the right address of the IMEI number. I am not an android dev yet I have been able to follow along on this project, so I would think I dev if he/she were so inclined could straighten this out rather easily.
    I uploaded fsg and modem -> https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1bqdxheka3jKG76AXdEExIdhG81D3agLM

@akshu2697 how did you get the moto g4 plus persist.ext4.win file?

Hey brother,
    Can you take backup of persist partition in this twrp,
    This twrp is made by DEVELOPER in motog5plus announcement telegram group.

https://potterroms.ddns.net/TWRP/twrp-3.2.1-1-potter_persist.img

You have to just flash this twrp ,go in to backup and select twrp backup.
    And can you please share this,
    Thank you very much.
    ??