What firmware version on your Mate 10/Mate 10 Pro?

Search This thread

KevinAce

Nov 25, 2017
Are you using BLA-A09 or BLA-L09?

Morning All, Just a note to say I have received firmware update today, BLA-A09 on Vodafone to 137 :)

I will run a benchmarks and let you know if its faster, I'm installing the 700 Mbupdate as I type

Right Updated Firmware BLA-L09 8.0.0.137(C432)

AnTuTU 7.0.7 Benchmark - 211306 (Feels a bit quicker) Second Run 213870

One note finally got to change the "Data Cycle Date!" whippe

You mention the international and the US model numbers. I'm assuming you mean the L09 as the A09 is only on build .112. Please confirm.

RabidWolve

Feb 8, 2018
Bunch of firmware just popped up on firmware finder with face unlock.
C636 Mate 10 Pro firmware region not getting any love.

Last edited:

androidni

Apr 10, 2018
same here there is a 131 on firmware finder but it isn't approved for installation on my phone

BLA-L29: Just received the .137 update. C432 version EU, last digit on IMEI: 5

I don't see the point of FF as the only version available for me is the version I'm already on. The newer versions all say not approved. Can they still be downloaded and flashed another way? Otherwise what's the benefit over OTA?

Reactions: Apad121 and marra2

Apad121

Jan 5, 2016
Samsung Galaxy S4
Huawei Mate 8
Bunch of firmware just popped up on firmware finder with face unlock.
C636 Mate 10 Pro firmware region not getting any love.

Hi there

I'm in the UK on Three UK.

On the global variant of the Mate 10 pro.

Face Unlock is soon here!

Attachments

• screener_1524172514856.jpg
    screener_1524172514856.jpg
    193.8 KB · Views: 466

Hayeni

Dec 14, 2014
Olifantsfontein
I don't see the point of FF as the only version available for me is the version I'm already on. The newer versions all say not approved. Can they still be downloaded and flashed another way? Otherwise what's the benefit over OTA?

Yes they can be flashed via the rebranding guide and you don't have to rebrand of course if you are updating to same model number. In my case there is not a new update for my model, so I first rebranded to C55 then flashed the C55 firmware and all is working with face unlock.

Apr 21, 2012
New to firmware finder. I have an alp-l29. Ive check for latest firmware, says not approved for installation even after I changed dns. Is there a way I can still flash it? Or better to wait until it is approved? Thanks!

morty89

May 26, 2016
Mate 10 alp-l29 c605
Got the build 132 update this am
March Google patch
Regular way... Didn't need to use FF
Honestly I was surprised
Alp-l29 c605
I would be surprised too. Im still on 125 with november SU.
Starting to wonder wether i need to be in Colombia (c605) to get any updates.. Im in northern Europe so.

felipy2k

Mar 30, 2018
does anyone knows , if those 132,133,134 version in the FF are beta? how to be sure which one is the last one?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I've already described this Firmware Finder DNS workaround on the German "android-hilfe" forum, maybe it is of use to some folks here as well:

- Uninstall HiSuite on your computer and delete the HiSuite app on your phone (under "apps"), restart both devices
    - Install this, and only this version on you computer: HiSuite 5.0.2.300
    - Download Firmware Finder on your phone an check for updates that are approved (only these will work). For some reason I only got the smaller OTAs to work and not the full versions but that shouldn't be a problem since a normal OTA has the same file size. For BLA-L29C432 this is at the moment 148 (156372) from July 25th, around 550MB. Go to "get an update through DNS" and select "manually" - make sure you are connected to the same network as your computer, write down the DNS and tap "register update"
    - On your computer: Go to your network connections and put that DNS as your primary IPv4 DNS, you possibly have to deactivate IPv6 too (e.g. in windows go to Control Panel / Network and Internet / Network Connections - Properties of that primary Connection you use / remove check at IPv6 / Properties of IPv4 and then change from Auto DNS to the one from Firmware Finder
    - Connect the phone to your computer and start HiSuite. Put the connection type of the phone to "data" and not to "charging only". Activate USB debugging mode in developer options and wait for the HiSuite app to automatically install on your phone. Be careful not to accept the update request of the HiSuite app on your computer. The app wants to upgrade itself to a newer version. This has nothing to do with the update of the phone. If you accidentally accept the update you have to start over the whole process
    - Once the connection is established click on "update" inside the HiSuite app on your computer and now the update should start downloading. Ignore the version HiSuite gives you for the update - it's usually faulty. The only thing (and very important!) that matters is what Firmware Finder says once you check for approval ("approved for XXX"). Wait for the update to complete and your phone to restart and then unplug the phone. Don't forget to put all the DNS settings on your network connection back to "auto" and default again
    - This process can be repeated for every approved OTA. Only updates, no downgrades work! Tested so far on BLA-L29C432: Upgrade from 142-145 and 145 to 148 and working properly.

Addendum by @amigoloco

"It is working, but I needed to do one more thing: The windows app weren't able to connect to the phone, so I installed the corresponding app on the phone by myself here is the link https://www.apkmirror.com/apk/huawei...-apk-download/ and the magic was done ( first .145, then .148) ."
    Hello Mate 10/10 Pro users.
    Could you able to post which OFFICIAL firmware version on yr mobile.
    This help to keep track on official Huawei OTA is rolling out worldwide.

Mine is BLA-L29 9.0.0.200 (C636)

Thank you.

************ Firmware version ************
    Firmware finder site for your reference:
    https://www.reddit.com/r/FunkyHuawei/
    http://pro-teammt.ru/firmware-database/?firmware_model=BLA-L29&firmware_page=0
    This is a thread to discuss firmware releases, ways to update and anticipate possible changes across releases.. It is too liberally being used as a complaints thread. PM each other to have these disputes, write Huawei or start a new group. Stop posting your off topic complaints here..
    I could ask you the same thing: do you really need that update so badly? Cant you really live a few more weeks without it? How did you lived without face unlock so many months since you bought the phone without this feature? Instead of enjoying the phone's increadibly good camera, the good sound with a good pair of headphone and everything this phone has, you guys are worried about updates.

I can live without it. I'm more pissed at Android 8.1 not being released. But for a flagship phone Huawei should adhere to a higher standard of delivering updates.

When you have Huawei phones that cost much less and receive features and updates much earlier than their top phone, of course people will be upset.
    Just received EMUI 9.1 via normal OTA in Germany BLA-L29 (former C432 but Cust have been removed so doesnt matter anymore.)

First impression:
    • kind of stuttery but after cleaning cache and rebooting couple of times it becomes very smooth.
    • finally 3rd party notifications on aod
    • battery also very good just like before
    • gesture multitasking is much smoother
    • icons are rounded square and i could not get them to be round again yet. old icon pack doesnt work properly

All in all solid update, a lot of small refined things. slight redesign consistently throughout UI, everything a little more refined. I think I can live with that until Android Q comes along in autumn