{need testers} DOT OS DUMPLING (ROM)

Search This thread

Jamie_oppo

Sep 21, 2016
Sydney
im just a normal guy with no code experience which read some errors in english lol and compiled dot os for dumpling.

im going to test it later tonight but thought to share it. I dont know if it boots thats why i need yous.

I used gzosp sources and vendor from here
https://github.com/LiquidRemix-Devices/proprietary_vendor_oneplus/tree/oc-mr2/dumpling

Oh btw flash kernel is built in. Thanks tk nathanchance because his kernel is my favourite
. (if it boots ill fix the thread with proper credits) (maybe ob5 firmware or ob6???)

You most likely need to be decypted.

Can you please share the firmware and if you were decrypted or not. ill be testing it later today too on my device.

here:
https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=890278863836283024

Last edited:

Jamie_oppo

Sep 21, 2016
Sydney
heres my roomservice.xml

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<manifest>
<project name="nathanchance/op5" path="kernel/oneplus/msm8998" remote="github" revision="8.1.0-unified" />

<project name="TheMuppets/proprietary_vendor_oneplus" path="vendor/oneplus" remote="github" revision="lineage-15.1" />

<project name="GZOSP-Devices/device_oneplus_dumpling" path="device/oneplus/dumpling" remote="github" revision="8.1" />
<project name="GZOSP-Devices/device_oneplus_msm8998-common" path="device/oneplus/msm8998-common" remote="github" revision="8.1" />
<project name="AospExtended-Devices/android_device_oppo_common" path="device/oppo/common" remote="github" revision="7.x" />
<project clone-depth="1" groups="pdk" name="platform/prebuilts/clang/host/linux-x86" path="prebuilts/clang/host/linux-x86/clang7" revision="master" />

</manifest>

with some edits it compiles but doesnt boot.

any suggestions guys on how to fix it? or what to add for this? ive tried lineage sources but keep keeping live display issues, missing this that. idk what to do

heres my roomservice.xml

<manifest>
<project name="nathanchance/op5" path="kernel/oneplus/msm8998" remote="github" revision="8.1.0-unified" />

<project name="TheMuppets/proprietary_vendor_oneplus" path="vendor/oneplus" remote="github" revision="lineage-15.1" />

<project name="GZOSP-Devices/device_oneplus_dumpling" path="device/oneplus/dumpling" remote="github" revision="8.1" />
<project name="GZOSP-Devices/device_oneplus_msm8998-common" path="device/oneplus/msm8998-common" remote="github" revision="8.1" />
<project name="AospExtended-Devices/android_device_oppo_common" path="device/oppo/common" remote="github" revision="7.x" />
<project clone-depth="1" groups="pdk" name="platform/prebuilts/clang/host/linux-x86" path="prebuilts/clang/host/linux-x86/clang7" revision="master" />

</manifest>

with some edits it compiles but doesnt boot.

any suggestions guys on how to fix it? or what to add for this? ive tried lineage sources but keep keeping live display issues, missing this that. idk what to do

Are you sure that flash kernel will work on aosp base roms? If it works then there's something wrong with your building or else just try to include some other kernel which supports aosp base.

Jamie_oppo

Sep 21, 2016
Sydney
Are you sure that flash kernel will work on aosp base roms? If it works then there's something wrong with your building or else just try to include some other kernel which supports aosp base.
well if its kernel problem. We should try. Flash the rom then flash a kernel on top. What kernel would u try. I dont think its that. Heaps of custom roms and even the cheeseburger build has the flash kernel. Thanks for replying

Jamie_oppo

Sep 21, 2016
Sydney
Ok ill try a clean build. That build was from before and i just changed the parts i need like device tree and msm common. And compiled. It started from 36k not the usually 100k. Ill make clean and do a clean build.

It takes 6 hrs to compile arhh

Because this local_manifest worked for the cheeseburger.

It should build to 100% without errors

chesstopher

Jan 4, 2016
Grand Rapids
OnePlus 9 Pro
Ok ill try a clean build. That build was from before and i just changed the parts i need like device tree and msm common. And compiled. It started from 36k not the usually 100k. Ill make clean and do a clean build.

Thanks man, I appreciate your efforts. dotOS seems really cool!

Jamie_oppo

Sep 21, 2016
Sydney
Just hope it doesnt error

Attachments

• IMG_20180510_185158.jpg
    IMG_20180510_185158.jpg
    253.2 KB · Views: 260

Jamie_oppo

Sep 21, 2016
Sydney
new build. Fresh. make clean. with these source and a couple edits. only edits made were for slim in device oppo common. (shouldnt affect anything ) and the removing smart pixels from an overlay becuase that was giving errors.

this is my roomservice

<!--Please do not manually edit this file-->
<manifest>
<project name="LiquidRemix-Devices/android_device_oneplus_dumpling" path="device/oneplus/dumpling" remote="github" revision="oc-mr1" />
<project name="LiquidRemix-Devices/android_device_oneplus_msm8998-common" path="device/oneplus/msm8998-common" remote="github" revision="oc-mr1" />
<project name="LiquidRemix-Devices/android_device_oppo_common" path="device/oppo/common" remote="github" revision="oc-mr1" />
<project name="LiquidRemix-Devices/proprietary_vendor_oneplus" path="vendor/oneplus" remote="github" revision="oc-mr1" />
<project name="LineageOS/android_lineage-sdk" path="lineage-sdk" remote="github" revision="lineage-15.1" />
</manifest>

if this doesnt boot then idk what will. But it should. it did for the cheeseburger.

heres the link. make sure u have a full backup and test if its decrypted or encrypted. i have no time today. i have work and school. ill test in 24hrs if someone hasnt already.

i hope it gets to the boot animation this time lol.

https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=962339331458991494

Reactions: bdwilk

drpradsms

Aug 12, 2012
xdaforums.com
Just tested it decryoted. Didnt boot. I give up lol

Hi. I was the one who built dotOS successfully for cheeseburger and it was smooth.
But as i was maintaining AospExtended ROM for cheeseburger, i didnt find it useful to continue dotOS builds.
Currently I'm Officially maintaining AEX for cheeseburger.

Coming to dotOS for dumpling,
1) does the build process gives you any error??
2)If yes what did you try to overcome it?
3) Does the flash kernel work well for dumpling too??

If you think everything is well with above questions, then get a log from adb while your phone fails to boot and attach it. I will look into it. Thanx..

Jamie_oppo

Sep 21, 2016
Sydney
Hi. I was the one who built dotOS successfully for cheeseburger and it was smooth.
But as i was maintaining AospExtended ROM for cheeseburger, i didnt find it useful to continue dotOS builds.
Currently I'm Officially maintaining AEX for cheeseburger.

Coming to dotOS for dumpling,
1) does the build process gives you any error??
2)If yes what did you try to overcome it?
3) Does the flash kernel work well for dumpling too??

If you think everything is well with above questions, then get a log from adb while your phone fails to boot and attach it. I will look into it. Thanx..

OK. Yes flash kernel does work well.

Next week or so. I'll start fresh with ur roomservice.

I'll get up to the errors and tell you what I did to overcome it.

From what I remember I had errors with device oppo common and for slim ( not being able to made or something)

Obviously had to edit liquid. Mk and inside common. Mk and liquid to dot. And change the boardconfig for flash kernel.

Also other other one I remember was in msm8998 common (overlay) Where smart pixels and always on display was creating errors. So I removed the troubled lines.

If it requires too much coding experience for me to do. Don't worry about it. Ive got no experience. I'm playing around with it and learning at school rn.

Thanks for your consideration

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    im just a normal guy with no code experience which read some errors in english lol and compiled dot os for dumpling.

im going to test it later tonight but thought to share it. I dont know if it boots thats why i need yous.

I used gzosp sources and vendor from here
    https://github.com/LiquidRemix-Devices/proprietary_vendor_oneplus/tree/oc-mr2/dumpling

Oh btw flash kernel is built in. Thanks tk nathanchance because his kernel is my favourite
    . (if it boots ill fix the thread with proper credits) (maybe ob5 firmware or ob6???)

You most likely need to be decypted.

Can you please share the firmware and if you were decrypted or not. ill be testing it later today too on my device.

here:
    https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=890278863836283024

Just hope it doesnt error
    guys new rom built form more lineage based source. if anyone wants to test. im hoping this will boot. i used liquid device treeanad aicp vendor. use ;atest firmware

https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=746163614322263400

ill test later too
    new build. Fresh. make clean. with these source and a couple edits. only edits made were for slim in device oppo common. (shouldnt affect anything ) and the removing smart pixels from an overlay becuase that was giving errors.

this is my roomservice

<!--Please do not manually edit this file-->
    <manifest>
    <project name="LiquidRemix-Devices/android_device_oneplus_dumpling" path="device/oneplus/dumpling" remote="github" revision="oc-mr1" />
    <project name="LiquidRemix-Devices/android_device_oneplus_msm8998-common" path="device/oneplus/msm8998-common" remote="github" revision="oc-mr1" />
    <project name="LiquidRemix-Devices/android_device_oppo_common" path="device/oppo/common" remote="github" revision="oc-mr1" />
    <project name="LiquidRemix-Devices/proprietary_vendor_oneplus" path="vendor/oneplus" remote="github" revision="oc-mr1" />
    <project name="LineageOS/android_lineage-sdk" path="lineage-sdk" remote="github" revision="lineage-15.1" />
    </manifest>

if this doesnt boot then idk what will. But it should. it did for the cheeseburger.

heres the link. make sure u have a full backup and test if its decrypted or encrypted. i have no time today. i have work and school. ill test in 24hrs if someone hasnt already.

i hope it gets to the boot animation this time lol.

https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=962339331458991494