Nov 30, 2010
Atlanta, Georgia
Last edited:
Reactions: TheDannemand

ChazzMatt

Recognized Contributor
Nov 30, 2010
Atlanta, Georgia
If I'm not mistaken the v30 has a LED display?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

OLED, starting with the 2017 V30. This phone and all future LG V phones will have OLED.

Whereas the just-announced 2018 G7 goes back to LCD, like the early 2017 G6.

People thought once LG started using OLED (late 2017), all their flagship phones would have it.

Or that since new G7 has LCD, that OLED was just an experiment for V30.

This article explains their strategy to differentiate between the two flagships, G and V.

Sent via open market LG US998 V30/V30+

Last edited:
Reactions: jaysus145

figer

Apr 3, 2009
Near Warsaw
Samsung Galaxy S23
I have always been a fan of Samsung, I have been buying subsequent releases of Note. But I wanted to have the best audio on the market and I bought the V30.
And I must say - that my next phone will be V40 ! The battery holds 2 days, nothing hangs, does not jam. And I thought LG was crap ...
It's not true! The best phone I ever had!

Septembersrain

Mar 10, 2011
San Antonio
I might get the G7, if they give T-Mobile the 6GB with 128 storage. My only reason is that I actually prefer LCD over OLED.

Unless LG makes the next V series a little better in the OLED department, I can't see myself going for it again.

Plus I like the idea of the fingerprint sensor and power button being seperate. That notch is just sad but it's better than the extreme edge of the Galaxy line that I can't even hold properly!

I can't do anything until December, so we'll see what is around then.

Sent from my LG-H932 using Tapatalk Pro.

chrisrj28

Apr 26, 2008
Sacramento, CA
I might get the G7, if they give T-Mobile the 6GB with 128 storage. My only reason is that I actually prefer LCD over OLED.

Unless LG makes the next V series a little better in the OLED department, I can't see myself going for it again.

Plus I like the idea of the fingerprint sensor and power button being seperate. That notch is just sad but it's better than the extreme edge of the Galaxy line that I can't even hold properly!

I can't do anything until December, so we'll see what is around then.

It would be nice if TMobile gets that version but it's unlikely unfortunately. OLED issues aside V30 is still pretty good but the G7 is nice too, just don't like that smaller battery.

I wish TMobile was getting the V35 honestly, everything the G7 has in a much better looking package in my opinion.

hack.causality

Jun 29, 2009
More probably they don't think they can hit the production/quality requirements for the G7 and V30/S/V35 to all run POLED. Their quality's pretty crap even only making enough for one model. I personally had to return two V30's for screen color issues.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I have always been a fan of Samsung, I have been buying subsequent releases of Note. But I wanted to have the best audio on the market and I bought the V30.
    And I must say - that my next phone will be V40 ! The battery holds 2 days, nothing hangs, does not jam. And I thought LG was crap ...
    It's not true! The best phone I ever had!
    https://www.xda-developers.com/lg-only-use-oled-displays-v-series-smartphones/

the reason LG used LCD on the G7 ThinQ was because the G series is more mainstream than the V series.

The company wants to include more premium specifications in the V series because of its niche nature.

If I'm not mistaken the v30 has a LED display?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

OLED, starting with the 2017 V30. This phone and all future LG V phones will have OLED.

Whereas the just-announced 2018 G7 goes back to LCD, like the early 2017 G6.

People thought once LG started using OLED (late 2017), all their flagship phones would have it.

Or that since new G7 has LCD, that OLED was just an experiment for V30.

This article explains their strategy to differentiate between the two flagships, G and V.