[ROM][8.1.0][UNOFFICIAL] LineageOS 15.1 for klte

Search This thread
G

GuestK004

Did a clean install. Video in whatsapp not working. I just get fixed pixelated photo, with background sound. Anyone else have this? G900F
Other then that video alone works great, stability 95/100. Battery life A-/A its good

fitittome

Jan 6, 2017
Cardiff
Did a clean install.
Does anyone have problems with fingerprint not unlocking the device?
Two things to check. Firmware needs to be fairly current. Clean install must be preceded by pressing the Format Data button on the Wipe Menu and typing Yes. Advanced wipe is different and dies not reset the Trustzone.

---------- Post added at 08:54 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:52 AM ----------

Medium favour. @haggertk Is it possible to reinstate the 'Soft Reset' on the PowerMenu, like on 14.1? It would help me 'debug' something.....

Reactions: emk2203

Tilieus

May 7, 2018
Berlin
I installed the new Rom version today and im very happy. Its smooth and fast but the battery life could be better. Thanks for you great work ;)

Edit: Would the battery life be better if I update the modem and the bootloader?

Last edited:

emk2203

Sep 2, 2011
Two things to check. Firmware needs to be fairly current. Clean install must be preceded by pressing the Format Data button on the Wipe Menu and typing Yes. Advanced wipe is different and dies not reset the Trustzone.

This is something which needs to be better known. I always thought that advanced wipe is more thorough, you know, "advanced". :D

CStadler

Apr 4, 2017
Question: the LOS 15 builds run well, but it hangs at the Samsung splash screen waaaaay longer than it does on LOS 14 or TW. I haven't seen anyone say anything about it, so is there an explanation for it?
I also noticed it, I talked to @sunilpaulmathew about it, he thinks one possibility might be that the cpu frequency is very low in that stage of booting, but its not very clear yet

MarvinMod

May 20, 2015
Samsung Galaxy A70
I installed the new Rom version today and im very happy. Its smooth and fast but the battery life could be better. Thanks for you great work ;)

Edit: Would the battery life be better if I update the modem and the bootloader?

no but you should update them. turning off sync, gps and other features when not in use will greatly save your battery life, mines lasting all day and I put it on charger around 10pm with about 35 to 40% left. battery life working great for me.

---------- Post added at 02:55 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:48 AM ----------

I have noticed the same issue. this would happen when I had magisk installed. I took it off and it quit. I only wanted to check out magisk and I was not impressed however that's not my point. my point is that magisk rewrites the boot partition so maybe something in the los boot partition is causing it.

Reactions: Tilieus and J-Lindo

Drhedphuk

Oct 10, 2012
Bournemouth
OnePlus 5T
Previous post was at 02:48 AM ----------

I have noticed the same issue. this would happen when I had magisk installed. I took it off and it quit. I only wanted to check out magisk and I was not impressed however that's not my point. my point is that magisk rewrites the boot partition so maybe something in the los boot partition is causing it.[/QUOTE]
N

It happens with whatever 8.1 Rom you use & whatever SU you use. It really is not a problem or a bug worthy of so many posts. Let's hope that is the end of it now. Either go back to Nougat or Touchwiz if you are not happy.

Last edited:
Reactions: CStadler

jeremywh7

Sep 16, 2013
Indy
Samsung Galaxy S5
Moto X4
Since the wife changed phones a few weeks ago, and I saw the latest build reports here were favorable, plus storms were approaching, seemed like a good evening project. :p Wiped data, cache, dalvik, and system, then formatted cache to f2fs, installed 06may2018 build and OpenGapps May06 stock. Finally, I manually removed:
app/LiveWallpapersPicker
priv-app/FlipFlap
...and the following gapps (I think):
Code:
Face Detection for Media 	FaceDetect
Face Unlock 			FaceUnlock
Google Maps 			Maps
YouTube 			YouTube
Cloud Print 			CloudPrint
Google+ 			GooglePlus
Google Docs 			Docs
Google Drive 			Drive
Google Fit 			Fitness
Google Keep 			Keep
Google News & Weather 		NewsWidget
Google Play Books 		Books
Google Play Games 		PlayGames
Google Play Movies & TV 	Movies
Google Play Music 		Music
Google Play Newsstand 		Newsstand
Google Sheets 			Sheets
Google Slides 			Slides
Google Talkback 		TalkBack
Google Duo 			Duo
This was so the stock apps could get replaced, but didn't want redundant /system apps wasting space, so can install the ones I use to /data. I also meant to remove Google VR Services (VRService) but didn't see an applicable app/priv-app folder for it. I had a 'system.ui not responding' after boot, but clicking 'Wait' fixed it. Seems good so far.
Weather works ? Some provider ?
I just installed this from 14.1, using Pixel Launcher, and weather works for it.

MarvinMod

May 20, 2015
Samsung Galaxy A70
Previous post was at 02:48 AM ----------

I have noticed the same issue. this would happen when I had magisk installed. I took it off and it quit. I only wanted to check out magisk and I was not impressed however that's not my point. my point is that magisk rewrites the boot partition so maybe something in the los boot partition is causing it.
N

It happens with whatever 8.1 Rom you use & whatever SU you use. It really is not a problem or a bug worthy of so many posts. Let's hope that is the end of it now. Either go back to Nougat or Touchwiz if you are not happy.[/QUOTE]

you are incorrect as this started on the latest build. I tested the previous build and my device booted normally. no one said they was unhappy and the bug is talked about in other posts and is with the possibility of the cpu freq during boot. fyi, this is a problem worth talking about as the device can be damaged with the wrong cpu freq. take your prickoliness somewhere else if you don't like seeing people talk about important things that make YOU unhappy.

Last edited:
Reactions: D4bb

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    https%3A%2F%2Fi.imgur.com%2F2okPze5.png

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 8.0 (Oreo), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit out Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features.

Instructions :

• Download the latest build
    • Reboot to recovery
    • Flash the latest build
    • Wipe data
    • Reboot

Downloads :
    Review & Instruction video :
    https://youtu.be/Ie6UxhXdD64 thanks to @MikeTheTechSavvy

Reporting Bugs :

• DO NOT Report bugs if you installed Xposed
    • Grab a logcat right after the problem has occurred. (Please include at least a few pages of the log, not just the last few lines, unless you know what you're doing.)
    • If it is a random reboot, grab /sys/fs/pstore/console-ramoops and /sys/fs/pstore/dmesg-ramoops-0. (Do not bother getting a logcat unless you can get it just before the reboot. A logcat after a reboot is useless)
    • If the problem disappears after running "setenforce 0" from a root shell, grab /data/misc/audit/audit.log

Remember to provide as much info as possible. The more info you provide, the more likely that the bug will be solved. Please also do not report known issues.

Sources :

haggertk
    lineageos team
    list will be updated, tell me if I missed you!
    Changelog:

[2017-12-24]
    - Fix wifi signal strength (thanks to haggertk)
    - Based on latest haggertk commits

[2017-12-18]
    - Updated to android 8.1.0
    - Camera partially fixed
    - Flashlight works

[2017-12-09]
    - Fix Audio
    - Fix Video
    - Fix RIL (thanks to haggertk & javelinanddart for oss-ril port & nx111 for data fix)
    - Fix Fingerprint
    - Small bug fixes

[2017-10-06]
    - Fix Bluetooth
    - Fix NFC
    - Disable strict mode
    - Improve WIFI
    - Small bug fixes

[2017-09-28]
    - initial build
    @afaneh92 should have working mobile data next time he releases a build. There was a compat patch in his libril import (it wasn't in staging/lineage-15.1 ril-caf yet) -- I told him in PM that I pushed all the related patches to gerrit.
    Merry Christmas ???⛄
    Santa bring you new LOS-15.1 build.

Based on haggertk last commits and he fixed wifi signal too. Go give him some thanks.
    You can notice some improvments, didnt test every thing.
    Data not working yet.
    New build is up

Changelog :

[2017-12-09]
    - Fix Audio
    - Fix Video
    - Fix RIL (thanks to haggertk & javelinanddart for oss-ril port & nx111 for data fix)
    - Fix Fingerprint
    - Small bug fixes

Not Working :
    - Camera and Flash
    - GPS
    - Sound record
    - Some minor stuff

PS: kltevzw users if SIM not working after reboot rename /system/vendor/lib/libsec-ril.usc.so to /system/vendor/lib/libsec-ril.vzw.so
    i think my changes didn't stick on build

PS2: Will work on camera, GPS and sound recorder this week. any short useful log appreciated, and if you find a device specific bug (not lineage bug) plz report.

PS3: Enjoy testing.