WEAR 24 ROM Challenge

Search This thread
Jan 2, 2018
Pensacola
Whoever first successfully creates a working wear24 ROM with NFC enabled and Google Pay Support, will win the money pool. In order for one to claim the prize they must PM me with a working ROM, I will test the ROM and if it is valid, I will award them the money pool. In order to participate you must donate at least $5.00 USD to the money pool, make sure to notate the donation with your username.

You do not have to participate in order to donate money to the pool. Show your support to the dedicated DEVS! The higher the pool, the harder and faster they will work!

Edit:
Here is the pool. The deadline is July 4th 2018. If no one claims the prize the funds will be refunded to the supporters.

Last edited:

Skinny1979

Mar 31, 2010
Asked for AsteroidOS rom for Wear24 - https://asteroidos.org/about/

Answer:
Hi Den,

Awesome! It looks like Asteroid could potentially work on that watch
since the kernel has been made available:
https://xdaforums.com/android-wear/development/wear24-gpl-so
urce-code-contact-info-t3742750

If you are interested, you can follow this guide:
https://asteroidos.org/wiki/porting-guide/

Have a nice day,

So, we need to wait for someone to do the port of AsteroidOS to that watch.

Reactions: TLastPrism

xendula

Nov 15, 2014
How does this work? Whoever claims the price commits to working on this and getting us NFC? If yes, I’m in!

Jan 2, 2018
Pensacola
How does this work? Whoever claims the price commits to working on this and getting us NFC? If yes, I’m in!

Whoever first successfully creates a working wear24 ROM with NFC enabled and Google Pay Support, will win the money pool. In order for one to claim the prize they must PM me with a working ROM, I will test the ROM and if it is valid, I will award them the money pool. In order to participate you must at least donate 5.00 to the money pool, make sure to notate the donation with your username.

elizamay

May 23, 2018
Whoever first successfully creates a working wear24 ROM with NFC enabled and Google Pay Support...make sure to notate the donation with your username.

You do not have to participate in order to donate money to the pool. Show your support to the dedicated DEVS! The deadline is July 4th 2018. If no one claims the prize the funds will be refunded to the supporters.

Well it looks like I just made your first donation of 5 bucks usd.
C'mon folks, this would be great to get done! Just make sure whenever it is that each and every step required is written down for less experiened (but willing to try) folks like me.
Thanks!

felipecassiors

Oct 24, 2016
This is really sad :crying:

Attachments

• Screenshot_20180605-134610.png
    Screenshot_20180605-134610.png
    119 KB · Views: 2,017

rdeets

Mar 28, 2009
Kansas City
I am planning to start working on the asteroidos port today, I'll let you know you guys about the progress.

Awesome. It would be sweet if you could figure out a way to install it without taking the device apart. But if you can't, I'm willing to do the Wear surgery to get it rooted. I've been sitting on an extra T-Mobile sim, so I'll go ahead and pop that in while I have it open.

What I'm trying to say is, when you're ready for somebody to test it, I'm game.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Whoever first successfully creates a working wear24 ROM with NFC enabled and Google Pay Support, will win the money pool. In order for one to claim the prize they must PM me with a working ROM, I will test the ROM and if it is valid, I will award them the money pool. In order to participate you must donate at least $5.00 USD to the money pool, make sure to notate the donation with your username.

You do not have to participate in order to donate money to the pool. Show your support to the dedicated DEVS! The higher the pool, the harder and faster they will work!

Edit:
    Here is the pool. The deadline is July 4th 2018. If no one claims the prize the funds will be refunded to the supporters.
    I am planning to start working on the asteroidos port today, I'll let you know you guys about the progress.
    I just picked one up for $59.99 Brand New and I'm quite interested if development will pick up now.
    Would be excellent if it's 2 types: NFC enabled and NFC enabled minus the Verizon's bloatware.