[PETITION] Possibility to unlock the Bootloader - PLEASE SUPPORT THIS

Search This thread

Bat-Maniac

Jul 2, 2014
Germany
-​

Today I have started a petition in the Nokia Phones Community for being able to unlock the bootloader on the N7+.

In my opinion that should not be a question - and it is long overdue.

I hope MANY OF YOU WILL SUPPORT THIS and we will be able very soon to have unlimited contol over our device.

Link to the thread (Nokia Phones Community): Petition: Possibility to unlock the Bootloader on the Nokia 7 plus

K.khiladi

Aug 6, 2014
-​

Today I have started a petition in the Nokia Phones Community for being able to unlock the bootloader on the N7+.

I hope MANY OF YOU WILL SUPPORT THIS and we will be able very soon to have unlimited contol over our device.

Link to the thread (Nokia Phones Community): Petition: Possibility to unlock the Bootloader on the Nokia 7 plus

Sent from my Nokia 7 plus using Tapatalk

Gravemind2015

Dec 1, 2015
I'm in. Is replying to that thread enough? I couldn't see a 'vote' button like in change.org.

Broadcasted from Zeta Reticuli

Attachments

• Screenshot_20180511-194042.png
    Screenshot_20180511-194042.png
    117.2 KB · Views: 3,048
Last edited:
Reactions: SWAT10101 and SDF05

k3dar7

Apr 14, 2018
I'm in. Is replying to that thread enough? I couldn't see a 'vote' button like in change.org.

i think reply AND click to "Do you have this question as well?" in first post, this count people who like this...
@Micha El
i start too "thread" about unlocking bootloader before some days, but inappropriately in private "Developer preview" part of nokia forum... anyway without answer

@Micha El I 100% support your petition. I would just like to add something though. Since the new Nokia smartphones are using Android OS and is already part of Android One initiative, I would like to request for Flashing tool, Fastboot & OTA files in order for users to use, update and reflash whenever users need to revert to stock factory firmware just like the Google Pixel series, the Xiaomi Mi A1, Moto X4 with Android One and all other Android One Devices.

syncro

Feb 18, 2006
today Honor presents his flagship in London... 399€, kirin 970, ... and we are still crying for bootloader :(
What we are talking about?!?!?!?!?!?

NOKIA WAKE UP!!!

I'm curious if any Nokia employee or a Nokia manager reads our post or is interested in community opinion... :(

Natakranta

Mar 19, 2013
Dublin
Done, but I doubt it changes anything.
Maybe if somebody highlighted it to Android Police and they wrote about it...

My post on that Nokia forums thread:
Allowing user to unlock device bootloader and gain full control over the product he bought should be obligatory for every OEM, next to releasing karnel source on the launch day.
C'mon Nokia, you're doing good with Android One, fast updates and Android P beta now. Go on and make your devices developers and moders friendly. We just want to own the device we paid for.

Reactions: FraBadi

Bat-Maniac

Jul 2, 2014
Germany
I think we should stop hoping, praying and fighting for that HMD will allow bootloader unlocking.

Even Huawei and Honor have stopped providing bootloader unlocking for all new devices launched after 5/24/2018. For devices released prior to this date, it will only be possible for 60 days from then on.

For Nokia phones now there is the alternative method to pay for unlocking the Bootloader. You need 2 setool credits, but the smallest pack you can buy are 30 credits for 90 USD. But even it it would be cheaper, I will never support this rip of.

I have paid almost 400 € for a Nokia 7 plus with wich I can make phone calls and send messages, but not much more, and the reselling price is about 220 - 240 €...

THAT IS WHAT I REALLY CALL A BAD DEAL!

Sent from my Nokia 7 plus using XDA Labs

syncro

Feb 18, 2006
Hi everybody,
yesterday I've open the nokia support app (every nokia user has it on is phone) to ask for bootloader unloking by chat with nokia support.
I asked to the operator why our bootloader is locked and he told me that is a Nokia developers issue.
So I told him to take note of my complaint and share it with Nokia development department.

I think you can use your app too to do the same. :)

If we do this massively I hope Nokia can hear us and may give importance to our request.

What do you think about it?
IMHO this could be one of most efficient way to have Nokia attention on our request! ;)

Bye,
syncro.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    -​

Even Huawei and Honor have stopped providing bootloader unlocking for all new devices launched after 5/24/2018. For devices released prior to this date, it will only be possible for 60 days from then on.

For Nokia phones now there is the alternative method to pay for unlocking the Bootloader. You need 2 setool credits, but the smallest pack you can buy are 30 credits for 90 USD. But even it it would be cheaper, I will never support this rip of.

I have paid almost 400 € for a Nokia 7 plus with wich I can make phone calls and send messages, but not much more, and the reselling price is about 220 - 240 €...

THAT IS WHAT I REALLY CALL A BAD DEAL!

Sent from my Nokia 7 plus using XDA Labs
    @Micha El I 100% support your petition. I would just like to add something though. Since the new Nokia smartphones are using Android OS and is already part of Android One initiative, I would like to request for Flashing tool, Fastboot & OTA files in order for users to use, update and reflash whenever users need to revert to stock factory firmware just like the Google Pixel series, the Xiaomi Mi A1, Moto X4 with Android One and all other Android One Devices.

i think reply AND click to "Do you have this question as well?" in first post, this count people who like this...
    @Micha El
    i start too "thread" about unlocking bootloader before some days, but inappropriately in private "Developer preview" part of nokia forum... anyway without answer
    You could also tweet to CPO(@sarvikas), CTO(@MikkoLJaakkola) of HMD and NokiaMobile(@Nokiamobile). It is a better way to gain visibility.