Gerdje_

Jan 20, 2018
Reactions: beeshyams

Fif_

Jun 5, 2013
Google Nexus 10
Google Nexus 4
@Fif_

IWhatsapp has a Google Firebase Analytics tracker, see: https://reports.exodus-privacy.eu.org/reports/9118/
Do the following two hooks
NeuraApiClient.registerFirebaseToken
NeuraApiClient.registerFirebaseToken/activity

feed it with fake data, or are they different hooks for different Analytics? And are those two enough or do I need all Neura hooks? Thanks!

These two Custom hooks prevent the Neura analytics SDK sharing data with the Firebase Analytics SDK.
If you want to block Firebase, use the two built-in Firebase hooks:
FirebaseAnalytics.getInstance
FirebaseAnalytics.setAnalyticsCollectionEnabled

M66B

Recognized Developer
Aug 1, 2010
Some people have been trying to upload custom hook definitions with the author name set to someone else. This is not allowed and will not be accepted by the repository server. You'll need to use your own, unique author name. This is to prevent impersonation. This also means you cannot update custom hook definitions of someone else. If you think a custom hook definition of someone else can be improved, please get in touch with the author.

TheForumTroll

Sep 30, 2010
In the attached screenshot is this the app (ChompSMS) trying to collect the Messenger account/mail?

(I cropped out the mail but it is written below the screenshot edge)

Attachments

• Screenshot_20180604-131357-01-01.jpeg
    Screenshot_20180604-131357-01-01.jpeg
    36.6 KB · Views: 696

bluegrass55

Sep 29, 2011
London
Custom Hooks Needed

I have downloaded and used the custom hooks and understand that with them you can set specific data instead of the fake ones that come with the built in ones.

My question is that in regard to privacy is it enough to just use the built in ones? Do they provide additional layers of privacy on top of the built in ones?

The reason I ask is that I change ROM's & devices regularly and it's time consuming re doing all the custom ones, since the back up/ restore feature doesn't cover these.

Thanks

Reactions: ROO3VER

M66B

Recognized Developer
Aug 1, 2010
I have downloaded and used the custom hooks and understand that with them you can set specific data instead of the fake ones that come with the built in ones.

My question is that in regard to privacy is it enough to just use the built in ones? Do they provide additional layers of privacy on top of the built in ones?

The reason I ask is that I change ROM's & devices regularly and it's time consuming re doing all the custom ones, since the back up/ restore feature doesn't cover these.

Thanks
If you mention which custom hooks you mean, maybe your question can be answered.

I will add backup/restore custom hook definitions, likely after the next Xposed update.

bluegrass55

Sep 29, 2011
London
If you mention which custom hooks you mean, maybe your question can be answered.

I will add backup/restore custom hook definitions, likely after the next Xposed update.

There isn't a specific one it's jut the time it takes to re do them after a ROM change. I am using all of them expect for the ones that could cause conflict with the built in ones.

If I can still have the privacy protection with the built in ones then it would make life easier until your update comes through.

beeshyams

Dec 29, 2014
Bangalore
What is the purpose of fake location "global"? From where does it derive the Location values since one can't assign them unlike "set" option?

Request clarify and apologies if asked earlier but I couldn't find

OSheden

Feb 13, 2017
play.google.com
Hi,
I switched from AEX to OmniROM and restored XPL Pro with Titanium backup. I couldn't use the pro features so I uninstalled then reinstalled the app from Google Play. Same issue.
Normally I restored the app from TB without any issues.

EDIT: solved. It was not related to XPL but an issue with the initial setup.

Last edited:

intense21

Jul 29, 2011
OnePlus 9 Pro
I just wanted to say thanks for all your hard work. This app is the and mobile hotspot are the only reasons I install custom OS and root my phone. I spent a good part of day learning and installing custom Rom just to get privacy. People don't understand how much our information is hijacked and we are giving this information to them freely. It's creepy that so many companys now have our info and can peep into personal lives. Also I tried PMP as alternative and it didn't compare.

mark_at

Feb 25, 2018
Innsbruck
I just wanted to say thanks for all your hard work. This app is the and mobile hotspot are the only reasons I install custom OS and root my phone. I spent a good part of day learning and installing custom Rom just to get privacy. People don't understand how much our information is hijacked and we are giving this information to them freely. It's creepy that so many companys now have our info and can peep into personal lives. Also I tried PMP as alternative and it didn't compare.

And what is shocking me ... that even on this site only a few people understand this!

I would never use a modern android phone without Xprivacy ...

Reactions: hurray and pluto123
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    ic_launcher.png

XPrivacyLua Pro companion app

This thread is to discuss about the pro companion app of XPrivacyLua.

You can install the pro companion app for free and manage hook definitions and access the hook definition repository for free. You can see how the other features work, but using them requires a purchase:

• backup and restore all settings
    • manage individual hooks per app
    • set/randomize custom identifiers globally/per app
    • allow (non) starred contacts globally/per app
    • set custom fake or coarse location globally/per app
    • view a global log of which restriction were applied and when
    • notify on applying an app restriction
    • dark theme

Although the pro companion app is stable, it will be forever published in the Play store as "testing" because I don't want to deal with unfair ratings/comments. Just too many people have unreasonable expectations.

If you value your privacy, please consider to support this project by purchasing pro features or with a donation.

If you want to install the pro companion app and activate the pro features without Google services, please contact me through this contact form: https://contact.faircode.eu (select "XPrivacyLua standalone").

The pro companion app is supported with Xposed only.

XDA:DevDB Information
    XPrivacyLua pro companion app, App for all devices (see above for details)

Contributors
    M66B

Version Information

Created 2018-01-31
    Last Updated 2018-01-31

XDA:DevDB Information
    XPrivacyLua Pro companion app, App for the Paid Software Discussion

Contributors
    M66B

Version Information

Created 2018-01-31
    Last Updated 2019-04-17
    Christ dude $15 for pro features???!!

And you even got the admins to delete the fork that enables the pro features for free. **** move.
    XPrivacyLua is completely free to use, so you can protect your privacy for free. Given the time I have put into it, this is a big gift. The pro companion app offers convenience and advanced features and is not free to use.

You clearly experience the price too high, but in fact it is much too low because it will never ever pay for the hours I have put into this project.

Most apps are free, but in fact you are paying in some other, likely privacy invading way. Most paid apps are cheap and they can be due to the high number of users. XPrivacyLua has maybe 3000 users and just a few percent actually support the project. I have put about 450 hour into this project. Go figure.

So, if you value your privacy, please support this project instead of trying to use the pro companion app for free.

Edit: there has never been a fork or whatever, so you have been using either cracking tools or a cracked version of the pro companion app. Crackers do not work for free because that is simply not how the world works most of the time. Mostly they earn their money by inserting malicious code. So, you are not only using illegal stuff, but also taking a big risk. Don't be surprised if something was stolen from you.
    You were very vocally against the pro features despite the community feedback and only enabled it as a means to kill the community fork. So yes you released it but locked it behind a prohibitively expensive price as a way of getting back at people. For $15 it might as well not exist. But tbh I think it's more of an ego issue than a money issue. And it's obviously apparent from how you took an amazing app and neutered it because you want to police how others want to use their devices. Yes this is your personal project and you can do whatever the hell you want with it but it just seems so counter productive.
    Which community fork are you talking about?

Edit: all source code is here: https://github.com/M66B/XPrivacyLua, but it doesn't contain the pro companion app because I don't want it to be used free.

And yes, I was against pro features and still I built them and put a price on them, which go together. So, be happy that there are pro features available and not only XPrivacyLua. It is not 'a way of getting back at people', that lives only in your mind.

I provided XPrivacyLua for free and open sourced it. How is that an ego issue?

I am not policing how you use your device. That is absolute nonsense.

You obviously want to use the pro companion app for free. Can you please explain me why?

Basically you come here to complain that your cracked version doesn't work anymore. You should be banned for that.

I think it is pretty disrespectful to steal somebody else's work.
    A ton of apps do this. XPL is literally useless if you can't or don't want to pay $15. Your privacy ends when your inability to pay begins.

And to those preaching this as the holy grail as privacy: don't even pretend, you know some apps outright crashes when restrictions are applied.

I'm usually okay with these semi functional freemium apps since they cost a few bucks at most to unlock but $15 is too greedy out of principle alone, especially if he's making this for the, lol, "betterment of humanity". You'd think with a mission that great the not-so-optional features would be more accessible.

Watch him interpret this as wanting things for free because in his mind less money apparently equals no money. Probably sprinkled with some threats of leaving because he thinks he's rovo89 or something.
    If $15 is worth the pro features and to support the XPrivacyLua project is up to you, but it is clear to me that you don't want to pay anything or almost nothing. That is fine, but then you should not have access to the pro features.

XPrivacyLua generally doesn't let apps crash, although this can't be prevented completely. See also the FAQ.

Nobody preaches that XPrivacyLua is the holy grail of privacy, but it is the most complete privacy tool for Android there is.

Anyway, go find another completely free privacy tool that is maintained and supported and just go away here.
    I have just released version 0.69.

Changelog:
    • Android 9 Pie compatibility
    • Switched to AndroidX
    • Updated libraries
    • Updated build tools