[CLOSED] [UNOFFICIAL][ROM] LineageOS 15.1 for Galaxy J5 [SM-J500H/F/FN/G/M/Y]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

jenslody

Jun 13, 2017
Hi gents,

My wife's phone ask for 15.1 update (from 15.0) and, after installing it, mobile phone didn't turns on. Stucks on boot animation.
I've done a daldik and cache wipe but it happens the same.

Do you know how I can fix it?

Regards,
A
Make sure you have MarshMallow bootloader, the rom does not run with LolliPop.

rhn19

Apr 30, 2015
Pune
A few bugs here and there. The aforementioned lagg after the screen has been locked for a while, as well as the music timer being stuck on 0:01 (fixed when I installed Viper 4 Android FX) and the updates section telling me to download the update i have already installed (though this doesnt really matter). Also a scrolling bug in the YouTube app when your in the comments section of a video, but that may be an app issue. Other than those small issues, the rom works great. Keep up the good work.

Device is J500FN
Clear CM eleven cache and then restart app, 0:01 sec freeze will be gone.

Reactions: TSMKFail

MBechirM

Mar 28, 2017
Tunis
Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge

Attachments

• Screenshot_Settings_20180604-152529.png
    Screenshot_Settings_20180604-152529.png
    75.7 KB · Views: 198

wings02760

Mar 1, 2018
Alba Iulia
Has anyone figured out how to fix the lag issue, it's really starting to get to me.... 5 sec from swipe to actually unlock even worse if I have to wake the screen

Tyranodasroms

Jun 29, 2017
Has anyone figured out how to fix the lag issue, it's really starting to get to me.... 5 sec from swipe to actually unlock even worse if I have to wake the screen
Not yet, I tried several configurations in the ROM but I did not have a result and then the problem is only @Dyneteve that can solve. Only we have to wait for this constant lag after blocking the screen to be solved soon.

Reactions: Honza CZ

jenslody

Jun 13, 2017
Not yet, I tried several configurations in the ROM but I did not have a result and then the problem is only @Dyneteve that can solve. Only we have to wait for this constant lag after blocking the screen to be solved soon.
I test it on my device with my roms, there is a proposed fix, but unfortunately it seems to not always work, e.g. after a very long sleeping/dozing period (and longer uptime, I restart several times a day, when doing tests), the device sometimes still does not wake up.
My alarm clock in the morning sounds heavily distorted in this case and only one cpu is running on 200MHz, sometimes the device wakes up after some seconds, sometimes after 5 minutes (snooze time of my alarm, by the way) it works again. During the day I normally do not see this issue.
It's not easy to find a reproducible way to trigger the issue, so it's not so easy to fix (or to be sure a possible fix really works reliable).

TSMKFail

Mar 29, 2016
If its really bothering you then go back to the 25.05.18 build, as that was the last build that didn't have the issue. I'm using it until an update without this issue is released.
The devs are probably working hard to fix the issue and we just have to be patient and let them do their magic.

Last edited:

American_Jesus

Mar 9, 2016
Lisbon
I test it on my device with my roms, there is a proposed fix, but unfortunately it seems to not always work, e.g. after a very long sleeping/dozing period (and longer uptime, I restart several times a day, when doing tests), the device sometimes still does not wake up.
My alarm clock in the morning sounds heavily distorted in this case and only one cpu is running on 200MHz, sometimes the device wakes up after some seconds, sometimes after 5 minutes (snooze time of my alarm, by the way) it works again. During the day I normally do not see this issue.
It's not easy to find a reproducible way to trigger the issue, so it's not so easy to fix (or to be sure a possible fix really works reliable).
The only workaround i've found is restar UI when it happens.
Not realy a fix, but better and quicker than restart the phone

TSMKFail

Mar 29, 2016
The only workaround i've found is restar UI when it happens.
Not realy a fix, but better and quicker than restart the phone
Sometimes because of the lag it is almost impossible to get into the settings to Force Close System UI, making restarting or just waiting for a while till the lag goes away (which sometimes happens quite quickly) a more viable, quick and easier method of getting rid of the lag. What they need to do is work out what they changed form the 25.05.18 build that caused the lag, as that build is free from this issue. The best option is to roll back to the 25.05.18 build as that was the last build known to be stable. I think that build is still available to download from the download page. The other option is to be patient and wait for the devs to work this out. I'm sure they are doing all they can to get it sorted for the next update.

P.S. Rolling back will cause Issues, so I advise if you want to keep your data not to roll back.

Last edited:

AkhilKath

Jul 23, 2016
new delhi
Sometimes because of the lag it is almost impossible to get into the settings to Force Close System UI, making restarting or just waiting for a while till the lag goes away (which sometimes happens quite quickly) a more viable, quick and easier method of getting rid of the lag. What they need to do is work out what they changed form the 25.05.18 build that caused the lag, as that build is free from this issue. The best option is to roll back to the 25.05.18 build as that was the last build known to be stable. I think that build is still available to download from the download page. The other option is to be patient and wait for the devs to work this out. I'm sure they are doing all they can to get it sorted for the next update.

P.S. I'm pretty sure you can roll back whilst keeping your data, though I would advise making a back up prior to doing so just in case I'm wrong.

I dirty flashed 25/05 version over 02/06 but then certain force closes began to occur. I had to full wipe and reflash again.

Last edited:
Reactions: TSMKFail

FranLM

Jun 5, 2018
question

I have 8GB of internal storage, if I install this rom, will I improve my phone and will my SD pass an internal storage? Thank you

artinessfox

Jan 20, 2017
Hi
I have moved from stock rom to lineage 25/5/2018 version (the last stable one without lag problem)
do a clean install,pico gapps,magisk16
it was supposed to have not any problem but until now I have no sound in the calls. cannot hear and cannot say anything to another side (mic).
also, I want to make 2 partitions on the sd card to increase the app storage. now I have an ext4 and fat32 partition on my sd card. but the link2sd can't use it! any idea or experience?
thank you guys.
J500H

saedlar93

Oct 12, 2016
Hi
I have moved from stock rom to lineage 25/5/2018 version (the last stable one without lag problem)
do a clean install,pico gapps,magisk16
it was supposed to have not any problem but until now I have no sound in the calls. cannot hear and cannot say anything to another side (mic).
also, I want to make 2 partitions on the sd card to increase the app storage. now I have an ext4 and fat32 partition on my sd card. but the link2sd can't use it! any idea or experience?
thank you guys.
J500H
for the sound thing try to make 1st Sim 3g only and 2nd sum 2g only, because it used to work just fine on my j5h

Sent from my j53g using XDA Labs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    2okPze5.png

DISCLAIMER:
    Code:
    Your warranty is now void.
    I'm not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
    thermonuclear war, or you getting fired, because the alarm app failed. Please
    do some research if you have any concerns about features included
    before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
    you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 8.0 (Oreo), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.
    LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

What's working :
    • Boots
    • RIL
    • Audio
    • Sensors
    • Flash
    • Camera
    • Video recording
    • GPS
    • Wifi
    • Bluetooth

Known issuses:
    • NFC is broken ( J500FN )
    • Maybe more

Contributors:
    • garylawwd - 50E

Credits:
    • vince2678
    • minz1
    • vlw
    • Danil_e71

Instructions:
    • Download the latest build and gapps
    • Reboot to recovery
    • Flash the latest build and gapps
    • Reboot
    Downloads :
    • Nope : Not happening
    Reporting Bugs
    • DO NOT Report bugs if you're running a custom kernel or you installed Xposed
    • Grab a logcat right after the problem has occurred. (Please include at least a few pages of the log, not just the last few lines, unless you know what you're doing.)
    • If it is a random reboot, grab /proc/last_kmsg. (Do not bother getting a logcat unless you can get it just before the reboot. A logcat after a reboot is useless)
    Remember to provide as much info as possible. The more info you provide, the more likely that the bug will be solved. Please also do not report known issues. Any bug not reported in the bug report format below may be ignored.
    Code:
    What is your--
    LineageOS version:
    LineageOS Download url:
    Gapps version:

Did you--
    wipe:
    restore with titanium backup:
    reboot after having the issue:

Are you using--
    a task killer:
    a non-stock kernel:
    other modifications:

Provide any additional information (observations/frequency of problem/last version it worked on/etc) as needed:

XDA:DevDB Information
    [UNOFFICIAL][ROM] LineageOS 15.1 for Galaxy J5 [SM-J500H/F/FN/G/M/Y], ROM for the Samsung Galaxy J5

Contributors
    Dyneteve, vince2678, minz1
    Source Code: https://github.com/galaxy-msm8916

ROM OS Version: 8.x Oreo
    ROM Firmware Required: 6.0.1

Version Information

Created 2017-11-19
    Last Updated 2018-04-25
    To install this rom you have to upgrade to the latest TWRP 3.2.1 build here :
    End of the road