[ROM][H910|H918|LS997|US996|VS995|H990*] UNOFFICIAL LineageOS-15.1 for LG V20

Should we re-partition /system for /vendor to be able to go treble and GSI?

• Yes.

Votes: 206 93.6%
  • No.

Votes: 14 6.4%

• Total voters
Search This thread
G

GuestK0030

On today's build, the display is finally responsive when locking the V20! :D It can finally lock and unlock without freezing up. I don't know if it's the same for others. I'm using the H918 variant along with @Omar-Avelar 's Gamma kernel.

Last edited:

KcLKcL

Dec 3, 2011
Jakarta
I only realized that video recording is a known issue, sometimes it works fine, sometimes it doesn't (audio first, video stuck in 1st frame)

How does one prevent this from happening / how to mitigate this once it happens? Is there any workaround?

I think reboot was the only way to get around this issue but the possibility of this happening seems to be pretty random, so I couldn't confirm if reboot fixed that

I am using the latest build, it's a bit of a dealbreaker really, I went to record some videos, only to find out that the video I was recording is broken :(

EDIT: actually just happened again, reboot seems to fix the issue temporarily

Last edited:

x86cpu

Aug 25, 2010
Rochester
Google Pixel 6 Pro
I only realized that video recording is a known issue, sometimes it works fine, sometimes it doesn't (audio first, video stuck in 1st frame)

How does one prevent this from happening / how to mitigate this once it happens? Is there any workaround?

I think reboot was the only way to get around this issue but the possibility of this happening seems to be pretty random, so I couldn't confirm if reboot fixed that

I am using the latest build, it's a bit of a dealbreaker really, I went to record some videos, only to find out that the video I was recording is broken :(

Yes, reboots fixes temporarily. There have been some reports that Footej works fine, however I think it only goes to 720p and it a paid app in the play store. It is a hard one to track down and it is being still checked into when I can. I have not forgotten about it.

Mnementh666

Feb 9, 2009
Portland OR
Yes, reboots fixes temporarily. There have been some reports that Footej works fine, however I think it only goes to 720p and it a paid app in the play store. It is a hard one to track down and it is being still checked into when I can. I have not forgotten about it.
Footej works in my limited test. 1080FHD both cameras, and 4k rear camera, for free version. H918.

Edit: in case anyone is curious, Open Camera works on all three cameras, but video has the same issue as stock.

Last edited:

Omar-Avelar

Feb 3, 2013
I have found a bug, I don't have it logged, but it should be easily replicated.

If your phone powers on while on the charger, or powers on as a result of plugging the charger in, when fully booted, the screen is unresponsive. Rebooting, either plugged in or not doesn't work, but rebooting to twrp, and booting into system from twrp fixes it.

Weird bug. More inconvenient than anything, but still a bug.
@x86cpu
Bug confirmed on other devices
ROM: 5.25.2018/unofficial
Device: ATT H910

On LineageOS 14.1 this behavior would boot up in the charger logo and would just show the big battery logo until explicitly turned on. But on LineageOS 15.1 it looks like this thing boots up fully and most likely some bootloader parameters make things skip in initialization and we end up with a device with unresponsive screen and who knows how many other things... I think the correct thing to fix this would be to bring back the charger logo behavior back, gotta start searching on the repos to see if I can find something myself...

TheIronMaiden

Jul 30, 2013
Chicago
Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra
My OK Google does not work :(

Could you fix thermal and weak signals, additionally, my charging speed is terribly slow

Anyone know of this issue that the touch screen isn't working ?

Come on guys, make it easier for @x86cpu and provide logcats with your discrepancies. Then he'd be able to see if its either localized (you screwed up) or globalized (something wrong within the code) , then he'd be able to fix it.

G

GuestK0030

Come on guys, make it easier for @x86cpu and provide logcats with your discrepancies. Then he'd be able to see if its either localized (you screwed up) or globalized (something wrong within the code) , then he'd be able to fix it.
I'd love to be able to help out more. What's a logcat and what does it do?

x86cpu

Aug 25, 2010
Rochester
Google Pixel 6 Pro
Anyone know of this issue that the touch screen isn't working ?

Reboot, no known issue, I have heard of it, but not able to replicate.

Could you fix thermal and weak signals, additionally, my charging speed is terribly slow

Rapid charging is supported, works fine.

My OK Google does not work :(

Known issue, OK Google is not working for any Lineage device currently.

x86cpu

Aug 25, 2010
Rochester
Google Pixel 6 Pro

The fix might be identified for this, so hopefully, something soon to resolve it.

JoeGrimm

Feb 2, 2012
Hi All, I can't seem to get the wifi fix to work and cant figure out why. I have tried it 7 times now and I know I'm it correctly typing the command in and it is still will not working. Any ideas?

G

GuestK0030

There's a few logcat apps in the store. It logs all activities, including errors and failures. There's also adb logcat, that is a little more detailed. It always runs in the background recording each activity and action.
Thanks! How do I upload the logcat directly to XDA? It gives me an error when trying to do so.

x86cpu

Aug 25, 2010
Rochester
Google Pixel 6 Pro
On today's build, the display is finally responsive when locking the V20! :D It can finally lock and unlock without freezing up. I don't know if it's the same for others. I'm using the H918 variant along with @Omar-Avelar 's Gamma kernel.

Never mind. I just uploaded the logcat to my Dropbox. @x86cpu, here's the Dropbox link containing the logcat and I hope it helps, even if it's just a little bit. :fingers-crossed: This logcat was captured during screen off because I was hoping it would tell more about the display issue. I ran into it again. https://www.dropbox.com/s/evojg7tulfnqpes/logcat.txt?dl=0

From reading earlier, I thought your issue was resolved? Indicating that the screen issue was ok. A couple things too, a "logcat -b all" is best (all channels, including system logs). Also if you are using the kernel by @Omar-Avelar, if it is anything there I won't be able to help. Also, was this an upgrade from 14.1 or clean wipe? Is the Ambient display on? (Always on display), if so try disaabling that (it also sucks about 50% more battery life out).

Reactions: TheIronMaiden

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    yUIn6TF.png

WARNING: DO NOT ENCRYPT! YOU WILL CORRUPT YOUR ENTIRE DATA INCLUDING INTERNAL SDCARD
    (Please do it carefully)

Disclaimer

Your warranty is now void.
    I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards, thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.

Introduction

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of android, which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock android for your device. More info.

These are my UNOFFICIAL builds of LineageOS-15.1 for LG V20 variants. I did NOT create this ROM. I am helping to contribute to this ROM. Thanks to all other coders who contributed to LineageOS.

IMPORTANT
    • BACKUP! These are UNTESTED builds. Please be ready to recover your previous ROM. If it kernel panic, boots into bootloader, etc... grab as much info as you can.
    • Builds are done periodically (see download below)
    • Do NOT be rude.
    • Respect all users.
    • Any and all users, please help each other. I have a us996 variant, so other variants might have some issues.

Known items
      • Lack of 2nd Screen Support
      • VoLTE and WiFi calling do not work yet
    • Other known issues (same as OFFICIAL too):
      • us996 static on boot: Unlock bootload from LG, using dirty santa causes static on boot, will not fix. (sorry)
      • WiFi or Bluetooth MAC is "00:00:00:00:00:00" - You wiped the misc partition, you'll need to fix: https://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=70474540&postcount=12
      • 5Ghz tether not working due to "error"
      • Enabling ADB Debugging in development setting can cause a kernel crash. If you are quick and press OK right away, it will take and still crash. On reboot, it will be enabled.
      • H918 - ARB1 .. flash the 10p version, ARB0..flash the PRE10p. (10p is where the ARB got tripped to 1)

Install
    • You can upgrade from 14.1 (UNOFFICIAL) to 15.1. If you are not on my UNOFFICIAL yet, flash the to-x86cpu.zip first (and reboot recover before upgrade, not reboot into system).
    • I would suggest the TWRP from Phoenix591 (See Thanks section below)
    • Flash to-x86cpu.zip if you want. (See Downloads below)
    • Flash UNOFFICIAL ROM
    • Wipe cache, and dalvik cache
    • Magisk if you choose
    • Flash GAPPS (I use nano)
    • Reboot and wait....

(Copied from OFFICIAL thread)
    To enable Developer Options go to Settings, About Phone and repeatedly press Build Number.
    If you use ADB read this: PSA by CM
    If you use reboot to recovery read this: PSA by CM
    Regarding new Superuser: PSA by CM

Bugs
    If you encounter issues/bugs that are not known, please report. This is not the OFFICIAL ROM, but I can help to get any issues fixed. I use the us996 variant. If I can replicate your issue then I can track it down. If I cannot, please provide as much detail as possible. Logcats are great.
    Please indicate what v20 variant you have (h910, h918, ls997 us996, vs995, h990/ds) and what you are running (OFFICIAL or UNOFFICIAL) and date. Any mods (no judgment) as well.
    I am aware people run mods or change things. I am not against it (as I do myself). However, if needed I may ask you to data wipe (you can say no), or remove a mod that might be interfering. I will do the best I can.

Thanks

Downloads
    ROM: UNOFFICIAL downloads (Note date)
    Gapps: arm64 nano 8.1

Sources
    What's this?
    I'll just leave this here.
    lineage-15.1-20181023-X86CPU

lineage-15.1-20181023-X86CPU

Surprise! I still am here, real life/work is getting busy, so been quiet for a bit. I also try to ensure I test each UNOFFICIAL I release so it does not cause issues. Plus building for all LG msm8996 devices (g5/g6/v20) takes about 8-14 hours (14 devices). Includes test flashing the ROM on my dev devices. I also use a v20 for my daily driver, so I ensure that works as well before releasing things. This might be the last one for a while before/and/or 3.14.

* Updated Lineage sources, nothing majorly new or fixed. The Oct security updates are included.

Enjoy.
    What is not working or problematic

What is not working or still wonky:

• Encryption -- Works.
    • USB OTG -- Should be working.
    • Ambient display -- Disabled now.
    • Livedisplay -- Should be working.
    • IR will work, then timeout, then work again.
    • Video recording -- Should be working. Works sometimes, appears to record, but playing back audio is at the beginning, video at the end, and the duration is messed up.
    • 5g tether -- Not working still.
    • No FM driver.