S-OFF is out now, a word about it

Search This thread

reza ali

Nov 1, 2017
still full shame for pay s off htc u11 and shame for this brand!you looking fo money but you abuse from users.

michaelbsheldon

Jan 12, 2011
Anaheim, CA
Google Pixel 6a
still full shame for pay s off htc u11 and shame for this brand!you looking fo money but you abuse from users.

Sorry to tell you, but the people who did Sunshine are long time members of the Android community.
They have done alot of good for people who want to know and do more with their phones. They wrote
this code when nobody else could and deserve to be paid for it. What do YOU give away for free besides
moron comments?

LibertyMonger

Mar 13, 2011
Cincinnati

beaups

Senior Recognized Developer
Nov 28, 2007
Dublin, OH
I assume they're working on the U12+, but I don't know at all. :eek:

Hopefully they find at least the "temp" S-off like the U11.

@jcase were yinz able to fund a few U12+'s? Need any funds? I'll gladly donate if yinz need it. :)
We released sunshine 3.5.28 today, which supports temp S-OFF/simunlock for the u12+

ianmufc

Aug 24, 2010
Was free back in the day until this new breed of greedy developers arrived. XDA was a sharing site not anymore. You even get charged to share a RUU. Thats why I don't flash roms anymore.

Reactions: S7relok

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    For now, S-OFF from SunShine on the htc u11 is temporary. Changes you make while S-OFF will stay, they are not temporary, just the S-OFF flag is. All the same features, with exception of the ability to use custom hboot/aboot. Seriously, aboot patchers, don't bother trying at this point. Once you reboot into Android or Recovery, the device will reset back S-ON.

Changing mid, changing cid, downgrading etc all still work fine. If you want to change it a second time, just run sunshine again.

If/when a forever s-off comes, those with temp s-off will be upgraded at no cost.
    Hey guys
    Does sunshine work on Oreo firmware?
    Thanks

Very soon, probably tomorrow even :p

--beaups
    Very expensive 25 $ oLD FREE DISCUSSION

We think the price is fair. You are free to find your own method and release it for free or whatever price you think is fair.

--beaups
    Still mandatory to pay?
    What a shame.
    Still mandatory to pay?
    What a shame.
    Very shameful comments. Any good member knows you both are shameful and full of disrespect. These comments should be flagged immediately. Any good member knows the value of the sunshine team for HTC.
    I bought a half washing machine.
    "SunShine can turn many consumer devices into developer phones with the click of a few buttons. Unlocking and s-off'ing your phone will allow you to easily root the device, install the latest firmware and custom roms."
    I'm sorry, it can't unlock my U11...
    Now I bought another U11 (the other was destroyed) do you think I will buy another license after this answer?
    Have a nice day...

Inviato dal mio HTC U11 utilizzando Tapatalk

The person you are replying to has nothing to do with us, if you want to base your willingness to purchase a product on the responses to someone completely unrelated to the product, that is your prerogative but seems silly. SunShine can absolutely unlock your u11, it can not temp root your u11 at this time, without root sunshine can't run. This is something that is known, and we are open about.

@jcase there is some hope of getting the locked back? No eta, but at least a hope...

Inviato dal mio HTC U11 utilizzando Tapatalk

There is hope, problem is finding a way to incorporate it safely. Because of how HTC changed things in the u11, it is a dangerous procedure if the user doesnt follow directions 100%.