Discussion: Honor 6X- Android 8.0/ Oreo update

Search This thread

sharky172

Jan 17, 2011
Lyon
Ok thanks for the info.... Treble is really a game changer..

Anyway, I'm following Huawei forum in China, there's almost one update everyday, since the 18th of June.
Looks like they're fine tuning the system, getting rid of the last problem as time goes by.
As mentioned before, rumors state for a final upgrade on the 28.
Before flashing your rom, did you get to use the phone a bit ? Or you just went to flash ASOP rom ? Anything to say about the overall speed of the thing, network, etc ?

Envoyé de mon BLN-L21 en utilisant Tapatalk

No i really didn't try stock ROM because of missing gapps, and chinese keyboard...
The treble ROM seems to run perfect, without almost any bug and at full speed.
The only bug I have is I can't pair my smart watch (Amazfit BIP), while my bluetooth headset is working like a charm.

Last edited:

Ramesh006

Jan 15, 2014
Ok thanks for the info.... Treble is really a game changer..

Anyway, I'm following Huawei forum in China, there's almost one update everyday, since the 18th of June.
Looks like they're fine tuning the system, getting rid of the last problem as time goes by.
As mentioned before, rumors state for a final upgrade on the 28.
Before flashing your rom, did you get to use the phone a bit ? Or you just went to flash ASOP rom ? Anything to say about the overall speed of the thing, network, etc ?

I have used stock emui8 for one day. its very snapy.touch experience will change. touch is not sensitive like in emui5. network is fine if ur network not detected then root it with magdisk 16.4 then change cust/cn/localprop then change true to false in to config all network support reboot.
battery savings haves new level.it will have three options for every app. it will now aggressively stop the apps like if u kept whatsapp with new battery settings and you want to share something from another app there is no whatsapp icon will appear like the app not there. files app have new feature to save files in cloude. changing screen to 720p to save battery is not looking good screen looks washed out. camera is same as good in emui5.
I'm now on aosp 8.1 using without gapps battery life is incredibly good and phone working speed very snapy and fast as one plus 6 like its working with its full potential. charging speed much faster than stock emui5. it took 3% charge for 1hr browsing battery life is that much good.

Reactions: Mr. Ajay

Ramesh006

Jan 15, 2014
here

Attachments

• Screenshot_20180624-065046.png
    Screenshot_20180624-065046.png
    110.3 KB · Views: 510
Reactions: Mr. Ajay

Badace2

Feb 3, 2018
I have used stock emui8 for one day. its very snapy.touch experience will change. touch is not sensitive like in emui5. network is fine if ur network not detected then root it with magdisk 16.4 then change cust/cn/localprop then change true to false in to config all network support reboot.
battery savings haves new level.it will have three options for every app. it will now aggressively stop the apps like if u kept whatsapp with new battery settings and you want to share something from another app there is no whatsapp icon will appear like the app not there. files app have new feature to save files in cloude. changing screen to 720p to save battery is not looking good screen looks washed out. camera is same as good in emui5.
I'm now on aosp 8.1 using without gapps battery life is incredibly good and phone working speed very snapy and fast as one plus 6 like its working with its full potential. charging speed much faster than stock emui5. it took 3% charge for 1hr browsing battery life is that much good.
Hi, I'm on elemental rom, I've been trying to flash asop gsi but it continues to bootloop and fail, could you tell me how did you manage to do it successfully, do i have to ditch elemental rom and get to a stock emui 8.0?

Ramesh006

Jan 15, 2014
volte works? how is camera and battery overall review please (incl rom name)

volte not working but 4g works. you can flash stock camera many peoples saying but i didn't tried i dont use camera but i checked quality is good. overall pure stock experience with little bugs. its my daily driver and battery backup is good in my case i will play pubg more so battery quickly drains out but it charges faster than stock. its giving me more time to play pubg than stock. plus points of this rom battery and performance everything is snappy.

jackodex

Sep 6, 2016
coool

volte not working but 4g works. you can flash stock camera many peoples saying but i didn't tried i dont use camera but i checked quality is good. overall pure stock experience with little bugs. its my daily driver and battery backup is good in my case i will play pubg more so battery quickly drains out but it charges faster than stock. its giving me more time to play pubg than stock. plus points of this rom battery and performance everything is snappy.

that sounds amazing but i guess have to wait till indian model get oreo beta/stable

Ramesh006

Jan 15, 2014
Hi, I'm on elemental rom, I've been trying to flash asop gsi but it continues to bootloop and fail, could you tell me how did you manage to do it successfully, do i have to ditch elemental rom and get to a stock emui 8.0?

no need to ditch elemental rom all u need is android 8 unlocked bootloder. i don't know what procedure u followed but i tell u mine.
dont wipe anything. flash twrp recovery of elemental rom. then go back to fastboot flash gsi system img then reboot to twrp recovery. if your choosen gsi rom doesn't have gapps then flash gapps otherwise goto formate data type yes and formate then go back and flash this stock recovery https://mega.nz/#!cbJFAIQD!qvp1KnZ0qxlg6nHDFmpM5qyZ9QUVIDe5PoZE0BQf8fs
via twrp or fastboot then do factory reset and wipe cache now it will boot fine. first try with aosp 8.1 phhusson it was booting fine. remaining gsi roms are also working but this works better in honor 6x and have latest june updates.
when you reboot dont enter into erecovery if u do then you have factory reset it.
if you still not able to boot flash stock rom but be careful here because my device got hard bricked at this point. https://github.com/phhusson/treble_experimentations/wiki/Generic-System-Image-(GSI)-list
i tried many roms in here then i went to gsi roms on telegram group and flashed one of those roms it gave me bootloops now i tried previous gsi roms none of them booting but i still have twrp. insted of flashing elemental rom via twrp i flashed stock rom via huru. i have downloaded stock rom via firmware finder and wiped and formated everything then started flashing but main update file got corrupted it flased remaining two files so i thought i will flash later after downloading update file again i shutdown it via twrp then it was dead never turned on only black screen. dc unlocker saved its life then went back to emui5 then again came to emui8 now im in aosp 8.1 never gonna change this awesome rom. so if you want to go back to stock then be careful try dload insted of huru. if u gonna use huru test your zip files by extracting first because small mistakes will lead to big price.

---------- Post added at 12:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:48 AM ----------

What about SOT on this rom

i play pubg more so its hard to find out for me. but normal draining rate satisfying as stock based on my usage.

Last edited:
Reactions: Edwin Davis

sharky172

Jan 17, 2011
Lyon

Lodotux

Aug 10, 2010
Reims
Guys any more news on when Oreo stable is hitting china variant?.And when is Global release expected
From what I understand on China forum, b521 could be the last beta upgrade, and release could be pushed on the 28th of June. Major bug have been fixed, last two updates were tweaks and security patchs.
If there is nothing more reported evaluation period could be over in a few days.

Adrepixl5

Aug 20, 2016
So, from what I understood from the Chinese posts, yes B521 should be le last beta, it's still unclear whether next global release is going to be a public beta or a full on OTA update

Sent from my Honor 6X using XDA Labs

Top Liked Posts