Why no root for Alcatel A30?

Search This thread

NitrogenTSRH

Jan 26, 2018
No bueno

Did we all just give up on the A30? :(

---------- Post added at 06:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:47 PM ----------

Did we all just give up on the A30? :(

scorpio1377

Dec 28, 2014
tcl-9024w

i have tried every "one click root" and as well as tried to find guides on manual root but no luck. Why is it so much more difficult to find a root for this tablet ?

zelendel

Aug 11, 2008
OnePlus 6T
OnePlus 9
I tried every way possible I knew to root this phone to no avail! And then I came to the conclusion that the phone is not worth rooting and just gave up!
The only requirement is an unlocked bootloader and kernel source code. Next time just make sure your device has those before you buy it. But to be honest. It is getting harder and harder. Outside of one plus or the pixel there is very few oem that you can root.

DowneyJM

Has anyone tried using a "factory" cord? You can buy them online or make your own like I did for a Kindle fire that I couldn't get into fastboot mode. I'll do some digging and see if I can find the info. This was years ago. I'll check back if anyone's interested then I'll post links

Here's one you can buy on Amazon. https://www.amazon.com/Fastboot-Factory-Motorola-Atomic-Market/dp/B00KYVEM1I
Here's instructions how to make your own.
http://www.droidforums.net/threads/how-why-to-make-your-own-motorola-factory-cable.146492/

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 5437200

what chipset is this phone using? If it's MTK, PM me. I may have your root solution. I've been able to gain temp root shell with selinux premissive on 3 different MTK Soc's tonight alone with many other MTK devices prone to this exploit. With temp root shell access, you can dump and flash system partitions directly. You can also push SuperSu to your device, or even debloat it, pull and push files to help defeat other securities. I can also port twrp.

Reactions: GXDA3

reedc83

Jul 23, 2012
Tulsa
what chipset is this phone using? If it's MTK, PM me. I may have your root solution. I've been able to gain temp root shell with selinux premissive on 3 different MTK Soc's tonight alone with many other MTK devices prone to this exploit. With temp root shell access, you can dump and flash system partitions directly. You can also push SuperSu to your device, or even debloat it, pull and push files to help defeat other securities. I can also port twrp.

It is a Qualcomm Snapdragon 210 (MSM8909). Really dying to get into bootloader so I can unlock it on this thing and finding nothing but a bunch of false info. I was able to get into recovery which has an option to reboot to bootloader, but that still just reboots the tablet.

Any help is much appreciated.

D

Deleted member 5437200

It is a Qualcomm Snapdragon 210 (MSM8909). Really dying to get into bootloader so I can unlock it on this thing and finding nothing but a bunch of false info. I was able to get into recovery which has an option to reboot to bootloader, but that still just reboots the tablet.

Come chat with me live and I'll see if I can blow this open for you
https://t.me/Android_General_Chat

GXDA3

Jul 11, 2016
LG K20 Plus
I rooted this phone last night using the mtk-su exploit... it's a temp root and still a pain in that do do anything on this phone was hella cool running with Kali linux plus root but I might have messed up Termux and my Kali installing running **** as root... anyways mtk-su is the only way to go with this one.

kissste

Feb 5, 2021

I'm stuck, the same way. can get to recovery, but rebooting into the bootloader results in a normal boot.

Have you made any progress? Thank you vm.

Reactions: LagMaster420

LagMaster420

Oct 21, 2019
I been looking everywhere and unable to find a root program for the A30 anyone with luck?
If you do find an actual program, then it will take advantage of an exploit, such as the one I am going to post in this thread. Such an action is unsafe unless you either reverse engineer the program, or write the code yourself.

LagMaster420

Oct 21, 2019
I rooted this phone last night using the mtk-su exploit... it's a temp root and still a pain in that do do anything on this phone was hella cool running with Kali linux plus root but I might have messed up Termux and my Kali installing running **** as root... anyways mtk-su is the only way to go with this one.
Mine's a Cortex A7. MTK-su only works on MedaTek chipsets. CPU-Z says my Alcatel A30 has a Cortex A7. Is it wrong?

LagMaster420

Oct 21, 2019
Mine's a Cortex A7. MTK-su only works on MedaTek chipsets. CPU-Z says my Alcatel A30 has a Cortex A7. Is it wrong?
Yes, it is wrong. I checked CPU-Z, which said I had a Cortex A7. I got suspicious that this was incorrect because you guys on this thread talked about mtk-su which is for mediatek processors, and qualcomm 210. So, I used a different CPU info app, and that one said Qualcomm MSM8909, which is apparently the same thing as the Snapdragon 210 after Google. Bottom line, the Alcatel A30 has a Snapdragon 210, probably. Mine does, I think.

I swear, I don't have stupid problems like these with Alcatel. Even Onn garbage isn't this bad. And not to mention how SLOW it is! A phone like this makes me wonder why I should even bother rooting it...

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Jesus Christ...I wish an ACTUAL developer would get on here and do something instead of these idiots just copy and pasting random **** from Google and speaking in broken English. If I wanted broken English and poor technical advice I'd just call alcatel customer support.
    I been looking everywhere and unable to find a root program for the A30 anyone with luck?
    Screenshot

Been looking at this phone as a possible secondary, mess-around-with device since the R1 Plus is a bit too pricy. Would any of you mind giving me the Android version, kernel version, and security update for this phone? A screenshot of the settings screen would do just fine

It would take programming knowledge, but I wonder if we could use a known Linux kernel exploit to get root on this thing, or maybe better yet a bootloader unlock (very unlikely but not impossible)

Screenshot attached
    Is that the A30 fierce? If so, it would be very helpful if you could work with me in Google Hangouts to get root. I'm working on the T-Mobile Revvl, the 5049w, with a mediatek mt6738 chipset right now. The Revvl and A30 Fierce are pretty much the same phone. If you're willing to (potentially) put your device at a small risk to benefit you and the community (assuming that's the A30 Fierce), let me know in a PM.
    Yes it's the A30 Fierce, and they are the same phone, the A30 is just rebranded for other carriers. I'd be happy to help.

I'm stuck, the same way. can get to recovery, but rebooting into the bootloader results in a normal boot.

Have you made any progress? Thank you vm.