Oreo is out

Search This thread

Nexxxeh

Nov 21, 2009
The update wiped all my text messages except drafts. Ensure you back up your SMS beforehand.

Dutchman01

Jul 17, 2011
swift 2x Oreo upgraded
I can report quick charge broken/malfunction?
I now have to use slower adapter to charge the phone, with the quick charger i now lose power instead of charging!

It's a common issue and the update has been paused to solve this problem.

This is why I have been on Oreo now for over a week. OK it's on a different phone (Nokia 6.1) with everything working well.

MAybe the 4 beta testers in Nederland missed this issue?

I liked the phone and what Wileyfox were doing but that changed with STK. Shame really.

Good luck and hope they sort out the update soon.

Reactions: image45

Abdullah S.A.

Dec 22, 2016
Redmi K20 Pro
This is why I have been on Oreo now for over a week. OK it's on a different phone (Nokia 6.1) with everything working well.

MAybe the 4 beta testers in Nederland missed this issue?

I liked the phone and what Wileyfox were doing but that changed with STK. Shame really.

Good luck and hope they sort out the update soon.

In fact they were 8 beta testers, wileyfox belgium requested another 4 lol.

Glad to hear you bought a new phone, enjoy it!

Last edited:

fred0r

Nov 23, 2011
Hamburg
Download the official Recovery SW82-WF-MARMITE-8.1-UOS273C-RECOVERY.zip from:
https://we.tl/lVLRdtfdJb
sha256: 72a0786998ac197c8deefa3433162a15d79c9f90e8bb2539a1755cded277cd2a
I updated my Magisk-Rooted Stock 7.1 by flashing using twrp - without dalvic-deletion - and reinstalled Magisk 16 right afterwards.
Everything works, but you will lose any previous received SMS.

Last edited:
Reactions: Kylesvet and seebz

dryhte

Nov 8, 2010
Download the official Recovery SW82-WF-MARMITE-8.1-UOS273C-RECOVERY.zip from:
https://we.tl/lVLRdtfdJb
sha256: 72a0786998ac197c8deefa3433162a15d79c9f90e8bb2539a1755cded277cd2a
I updated my Magisk-Rooted Stock 7.1 by flashing using twrp - without dalvic-deletion - and reinstalled Magisk 16 right afterwards.
Everything works, but you will lose any previous received SMS.

(you also lose them with the OTA - just fyi)

LackyLake

Jul 10, 2018
Charging problems

Hi there.

Last week, I got the OTA update for my Swift 2 Plus. Now, when I try to charge the phone I observe massive problems.
1. Charging with Quick Charge 3.0 does not appear possible. There even observe a reduction of the battery charge when connected to the charger.
2. Charging with a standard fast charger (2.1 Amps) is not really fast. It gives me about 25-30% overnight, if I switch off the phone.
3. Charging via the USB port of a computer is hardly possible. (It is at least so slow that no progress is recognizable.)

I tried already different chargers and different cables, without any improvement. The same chargers and cables work perfectly with two other identical phones (but without the update) and before the update, I did not observe any problems when charging my phone with the various chargers and cable. I also tried to clean the contacts on the phone, without any improvement, too.

The update which was offered to me was already the one of the second round. I understand (and observed myself) that the first update was withdrawn again, because of battery charging problems.

Is anyone aware of a (convenient) solution for my problem?
1. So far, I tried to get a solution from Wileyfox support. I guess that I don't have to tell anybody that my experiences with the support a more than disappointing. Several times I got the answer that my problem is forwarded to the Senior Team Leader who will get back to me shortly. (I'm still waiting, at least for a specification of the term "shortly".)
2. I also tried to connect the phone to the computer in order to save the relevant data and in order to check if I can transfer an update filed to the phone (with the idea to carry out an update manually). However, the phone is not recognized by the computer. The different options und USB-settings do not have any effect. (Note that developer mode ("Entwickleroptionen") is activated, of course.)
3. I considered to try the factory reset. However, it is not clear to me how a can assure, especially under the given circumstances that no data connection to the computer can be established, that I can restore my phone to the current status (with all apps, app data and documents) again.

Your help would be highly appreciated.

Thanks to everbody in advance.

Lacky

nikith290

Mar 9, 2016
Novosibirsk
Hi there.

Last week, I got the OTA update for my Swift 2 Plus. Now, when I try to charge the phone I observe massive problems.
1. Charging with Quick Charge 3.0 does not appear possible. There even observe a reduction of the battery charge when connected to the charger.
2. Charging with a standard fast charger (2.1 Amps) is not really fast. It gives me about 25-30% overnight, if I switch off the phone.
3. Charging via the USB port of a computer is hardly possible. (It is at least so slow that no progress is recognizable.)

I tried already different chargers and different cables, without any improvement. The same chargers and cables work perfectly with two other identical phones (but without the update) and before the update, I did not observe any problems when charging my phone with the various chargers and cable. I also tried to clean the contacts on the phone, without any improvement, too.

The update which was offered to me was already the one of the second round. I understand (and observed myself) that the first update was withdrawn again, because of battery charging problems.

Is anyone aware of a (convenient) solution for my problem?
1. So far, I tried to get a solution from Wileyfox support. I guess that I don't have to tell anybody that my experiences with the support a more than disappointing. Several times I got the answer that my problem is forwarded to the Senior Team Leader who will get back to me shortly. (I'm still waiting, at least for a specification of the term "shortly".)
2. I also tried to connect the phone to the computer in order to save the relevant data and in order to check if I can transfer an update filed to the phone (with the idea to carry out an update manually). However, the phone is not recognized by the computer. The different options und USB-settings do not have any effect. (Note that developer mode ("Entwickleroptionen") is activated, of course.)
3. I considered to try the factory reset. However, it is not clear to me how a can assure, especially under the given circumstances that no data connection to the computer can be established, that I can restore my phone to the current status (with all apps, app data and documents) again.

Your help would be highly appreciated.

Thanks to everbody in advance.

Lacky

Hi!
Did you try to install a service COS13.1.5 ROM via QPST? I think it can resolve your problem, but ater this better to do not upgrade to 8.1 untill Wileyfox doesnt fix this bug.

LackyLake

Jul 10, 2018
Hi!
Did you try to install a service COS13.1.5 ROM via QPST? I think it can resolve your problem, but ater this better to do not upgrade to 8.1 untill Wileyfox doesnt fix this bug.

Thanks for your answer.

No. Definitely not. I have never heard of this possibility.

I have to investigate firstly how this installation can be carried out. I fear, if the installation requires the transfer of the ROM onto the phone via USB, that the lack of a data connection between the computer and the phone might finally prevent me from succeeding with this option.

Top Liked Posts