[DEVELOPERS ANNOUNCEMENT] Samsung Galaxy Grand Prime (G530x) is now dead

Search This thread

parroted.dev

Jun 14, 2017
Hanoi
Toward all the user who had used, still uses, and will use the G530x variant.

I, on behalf of many developers who had contributed their efforts toward our phone, has spent times to think about this before we saying. Developers has tried their best to bring our phone to the glory that it used to be, developing our phone from Samsung's last update (Lollipop) to now smooth and nearly stable Oreo. But time went on, and people had to change. So do phones, too. Our developers are now busying with many things in their life, and many can't accept the fact to use an old and slow phone in the upcoming months. Incentive to developing new things for our phone has gone down so much. This is the fact that so many people between us has known about for too long, but can't accept. But now, it's time to put it down and say it clear:

THIS PHONE IS DEAD NOW. THERE WILL BE LESS UPDATES TOWARD THE PHONE AFTER THIS TIME

I know for some of you, it's hard to swallow when you heard this. But guys, it's time to move on.

Farewell,
The Smartphone's Grim Reaper

P.S: Toward new developers who has the incentive to push this phone to the limit, I would wish you guys the best. And never lose the dreams.

Last edited:

Dante Enoshima

Apr 5, 2016
"What goes around, comes around."
This is confirmed.

All developers, admins and most of users at Grand Prime's International Telegram Group already have a new phone.

Developers :
- @Jovic77 maybe will get his P9 way sooner than you guys thought. ( confirmed at TG group )
- @unknown doesn't have VPS to use right now and already moved on with his Xiaomi Redmi Note 5
- @ducphan397 is also out of VPS to use and planning to buy a new device next year.
- Many TW ROM developers and contributors. ( It's hard to me to remember all of them, but if you want to be mentioned, please PM me and i'll edit my post )

Huge Contributed Users :
- @OreoLasagne already ditched his GP and moved on with his brand new J6 2018
- @D.R-Ult.Googler ( Yup, that's me, been here helping since 2015, and in Telegram, you may know me as Dante Enoshima, one of the admins ) also moved on with J7 Prime ( but i'll keep my Grand Prime for now :) ).

Past devs and important contributors :
- He was known as Sassy at TG ( he helped the group a lot as an admin, heck, he even made a custom bot just for the Grand Prime group ) but now he moved on with ( last known device ) his S7
- @Carlos Arriaga. He brought us many, many MM roms. He's also made a custom kernel, Explosion kernel. But now he moved on with his Xiaomi
- @kn06497. Brought us some real nice L and M roms. But now, he's disappeared. ( Don't know what's he doing now )
- @Has.007. First, he brought us J5 ROM, then some M roms, then tons of N ROMs. He's also a real nice guy, both here and at the Telegram group. But now he's gone becuase of his studies + moved on with his new Samsung phone ( i know it's a J series, but i forgot which one )

And many, many contributing users who helped us with feedback, logs, etc etc also already moved on.
For those who still using GP, thank you for staying with us for this long :') .

And @vince2678, thank you. Thank you for all of your time and effort to keep this phone alive. If you still want to continue devving for this device, i'll say it again, and this time on the behalf on the entire Grand Prime community : Thank you. But if you want to quit, it's alright. We understand. If you do leave, Good luck with your future.

Thank you for reading both OP and this' very, very long post.

Sincerely,

D.R-Ult.Googler [ Dante Enoshima ]

Last edited:

TenSeventy7

I'm mentioning more!
People Behind Gracified Hybrid/Prime/Miix:
@Lumière896 for those awesome TouchWiz ROMs, and being the main mastermind of Galaxy On7 Hybrid (Miix's base since the beginning).
@asarre. You just gave me the inspiration to make Miix. Your ROMs just scream amazing. If not for you, I wouldn't even thought of making a Samsung Experience-styled ROM.
@abooooood for the awesome testing every ROM here and being with me fixing bugs since the beginning. Woah, that was a year.
@mdmaher. Even though we haven't made Miix stable for the FZ ?, it was still an awesome journey.
@aurelio.9851 for awesome FZ testing.
@L3R0N for maintaining the G530T/T1/W, even for a short time.
@yash manwani for a lot of mods, starting Prime's AddONs to Miix's Mx+ Addons.
@OreoLasagne. My self-proclaimed number 1 fan of Miix. (xD) Best wishes with your new phone!

More People:
@Has.007. If it wasn't for your great work with porting Nameless J5, Miix wouldn't have been as stable as it is now.
https://t.me/imspodernamwtf those SystemUI and InCallUI mods are just purely awesome.
@Nikhilkumar038. I know you don't have this device, but thank you so much for being the "second member" of HybridTeam. You deserve this. :D

And to all people who have tested, used, and loved Miix (and all of my works), thank you.

I'll see 'ya on the Huawei Y6 (2018) forums! Soon. ;)

Spread the love of devving!
#ForTheLoveOfDevving

Last edited:

Carlos_Rojas

Jun 26, 2018
Bogotá
Thanks to all the devs.

I want to thank to every developer who spent time doing builds and ROMs for this great device, i have tested so many ROMs in my Grand Prime and it's clear that, you guys put a lot of effort making every build, every new function, new characteristics, themes, recovery, kernels, and a lot of more stuff done in order to keep our device with the lastest advantages on Android apps and system. When i got my Grand Prime i didn't think it was going to have so many many Android ROMs and development (6.0 6.0.1 7.1.2 8.1.0), but when i started browsing on my own and finding forums like this one (i just registered my account a few days ago, i regret not have it done before) i discovered a new world full of new things for this phone.

Thanks, thanks to all of you.

(I pressed the "thanks" button on every thread too ;) )

By now i'll keep my Grand Prime [SM-G530M fortunalteub] Running Android 8 (by vince2678) thanks to you too!

vince2678

Recognized Developer
Jul 5, 2016
This is confirmed.

All developers, admins and most of users at Grand Prime's International Telegram Group already have a new phone.

Developers :
- @Jovic77 maybe will get his P9 way sooner than you guys thought. ( confirmed at TG group )
- @unknown doesn't have VPS to use right now and already moved on with his Xiaomi Redmi Note 5
- @ducphan397 is also out of VPS to use and planning to buy a new device next year.
- Many TW ROM developers and contributors. ( It's hard to me to remember all of them, but if you want to be mentioned, please PM me and i'll edit my post )

Huge Contributed Users :
- @D.R-Ult.Googler ( Yup, that's me, been here helping since 2015, and in Telegram, you may know me as Dante Enoshima, one of the admins ) also moved on with J7 Prime ( but i'll keep my Grand Prime for now :) ).

- He was known as Sassy at TG ( he helped the group a lot as an admin, heck, he even made a custom bot just for the Grand Prime group ) but now he moved on with ( last known device ) his S7
- @Carlos Arriaga. He brought us many, many MM roms. He's also made a custom kernel, Explosion kernel. But now he moved on with his Xiaomi
- @kn06497. Brought us some real nice L and M roms. But now, he's disappeared. ( Don't know what's he doing now )
- @Has.007. First, he brought us J5 ROM, then some M roms, then tons of N ROMs. He's also a real nice guy, both here and at the Telegram group. But now he's gone becuase of his studies + moved on with his new Samsung phone ( i know it's a J series, but i forgot which one )

And many, many contributing users who helped us with feedback, logs, etc etc also already moved on.

And @vince2678, thank you. Thank you for all of your time and effort to keep this phone alive. If you still want to continue devving for this device, i'll say it again, and this time on the behalf on the entire Grand Prime community : Thank you. But if you want to quit, it's alright. We understand. If you do leave, Good luck with your future.

Sincerely,

Our team (Galaxy-MSM8916/Galaxy-MSM8953) is not going anywhere, don't worry.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This is confirmed.

Developers :

Huge Contributed Users :

Sincerely,

This is confirmed.

Developers :

Huge Contributed Users :

Sincerely,

Our team (Galaxy-MSM8916/Galaxy-MSM8953) is not going anywhere, don't worry.
    Toward all the user who had used, still uses, and will use the G530x variant.

I, on behalf of many developers who had contributed their efforts toward our phone, has spent times to think about this before we saying. Developers has tried their best to bring our phone to the glory that it used to be, developing our phone from Samsung's last update (Lollipop) to now smooth and nearly stable Oreo. But time went on, and people had to change. So do phones, too. Our developers are now busying with many things in their life, and many can't accept the fact to use an old and slow phone in the upcoming months. Incentive to developing new things for our phone has gone down so much. This is the fact that so many people between us has known about for too long, but can't accept. But now, it's time to put it down and say it clear:

THIS PHONE IS DEAD NOW. THERE WILL BE LESS UPDATES TOWARD THE PHONE AFTER THIS TIME

I know for some of you, it's hard to swallow when you heard this. But guys, it's time to move on.

Farewell,
    The Smartphone's Grim Reaper

P.S: Toward new developers who has the incentive to push this phone to the limit, I would wish you guys the best. And never lose the dreams.
    I'm mentioning more!
    People Behind Gracified Hybrid/Prime/Miix:
    @Lumière896 for those awesome TouchWiz ROMs, and being the main mastermind of Galaxy On7 Hybrid (Miix's base since the beginning).
    @asarre. You just gave me the inspiration to make Miix. Your ROMs just scream amazing. If not for you, I wouldn't even thought of making a Samsung Experience-styled ROM.
    @abooooood for the awesome testing every ROM here and being with me fixing bugs since the beginning. Woah, that was a year.
    @mdmaher. Even though we haven't made Miix stable for the FZ ?, it was still an awesome journey.
    @aurelio.9851 for awesome FZ testing.
    @L3R0N for maintaining the G530T/T1/W, even for a short time.
    @yash manwani for a lot of mods, starting Prime's AddONs to Miix's Mx+ Addons.
    @OreoLasagne. My self-proclaimed number 1 fan of Miix. (xD) Best wishes with your new phone!

More People:
    @Has.007. If it wasn't for your great work with porting Nameless J5, Miix wouldn't have been as stable as it is now.
    https://t.me/imspodernamwtf those SystemUI and InCallUI mods are just purely awesome.
    @Nikhilkumar038. I know you don't have this device, but thank you so much for being the "second member" of HybridTeam. You deserve this. :D

And to all people who have tested, used, and loved Miix (and all of my works), thank you.

I'll see 'ya on the Huawei Y6 (2018) forums! Soon. ;)

Spread the love of devving!
    #ForTheLoveOfDevving