[APP][Xposed][Youtube AdAway]

Search This thread

Rom

Jul 1, 2013
Lyon
Hello @wanam :)

I have open an issue on the git page related to a problem, i cannot longer comment any yt videos, i have add a screenshoot, xposed log and all necessary infos in the issue.

Before installing the Xposed module, i commented several yt video and i had the little comment window.

Thanks in advance.

Dhicky

Oct 25, 2013
Payakumbuh
It doesn't work for me. After installing youtube adaway, I can open youtube. Seaeching for videos but the video can't be played. I disabled the module and it works like champ again now. Please fix it.

agraceful

Mar 29, 2011
Sorry for late reply, issue seems to be fixed. Yes I'm on oreo.

Awesome! There is actually a bug in xposed that causes crashes so that may be the cause (Rovo knows). It's random honestly. I run 8.1 on my s4 and it kept crashing so I run Vanced on that now. Glad it worked itself out for you though

From what I've found it's something in the youtube.xml file located at /data/user/0/com.google.android.youtube/shared_prefs/youtube.xml

My personal workaround is to delete youtube.xml and use fx root explorer to change permissions on the shared_prefs folder to forbid anything from writing in said folder.

You tube app works great, in the background, without ads.
Not sure what exactly in Youtube.xml causes it though.

Yess, confirm, all ok when delete xml file and change permission to folder :)

IAMAB

Jan 14, 2013
Latest YouTube crashes with the current module.

Using systemless xposed on Oneplus5 OxygenOS 5.1.2(8.1)

---------- Post added at 10:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:19 PM ----------

Latest YouTube crashes with the current module.

Using systemless xposed on Oneplus5 OxygenOS 5.1.2(8.1)

Reactions: mesunny and Da Bozz

Jingooo

Jul 19, 2018
Im using latest Youtube, and active the module..
After Reboot Youtube ForceClose..

Anyone can help?
Sorry for my bad english

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This is a simple Xposed module to help you get rid of ads on the official YouTube App.

Requirements:
    - Xposed Framwork

How to Install:
    - Install Xposed Installer and framework
    - Install YouTube AdAway App
    - Enable the module on Xposed installer (ex, LSXposed)
    - Reboot

Notes:
    - Reboot is a MUST after updating the module.
    - This application is NOT a modified YouTube App

Bugs Report:
    - If you still get an IN-VIDEO ad, please report an issue here with your xposed logs.

Download.

Mirror.
    It seems some people are still getting some ads that i cannot reproduce! So I open sourced the module, you can find the sources on my Github repo.

I cannot keep following this thread with the way some people are reporting there issues here, report your issues here with your full Xposed logs (text format), and if you are a developer willing to help, feel free to push your merge requests.

That's been said i'm closing this thread.
    It's been a while :) , i re-opened the thread to get more feed back on the new update.

I was trying to keep updating the module on the past months, but i didn't have much time to improve it the way i wanted, YouTube didn't make this task easier either, working with those proguarded sources was time consuming, add to that i don't get a much ads as people may get on other countries.

I decided to try something else other than the brute force way, so I'm managing the views layouts instead, sources pushed.

I pushed a new module update 4.0.1:
    - Get rid of brute force and resources hooking
    - Force Skip ad button to stay visible

I also implemented a way to perform a click on skip ad button, but i didn't test it, i didn't manage to get any ads.
    Sorry for the late reply, i was not running Android in the past few weeks.

I uploaded a new update 3.4.2:
    - Added back ads expiration hooks.
    - Added YouTube Go support.

If you still get ads, disable all other modules, reboot, reproduce the ad, get a screenshot of the ad and your full xposed logs.

I will try to update today, I need a few hours to set up my PC & dev environment.