[Q][GSI][A/AB][arm64] Android Q Developer Preview

Search This thread

JIaxyga

Jun 5, 2018
After installing and rebooting, the system writes "There's an internal problem with your device". After that, the phone restarts in Recovery mode. He also manages to ask for a password. I understand that the problem is in the vendor. Sorry for the mistakes. I'm just from Russia. Please, help.

Last edited:

ahmed.ismael

Oct 14, 2015
Samsung Galaxy S21+
Xiaomi Poco F3
it did work this time thank you sir....also unable to turn on file transfer...i did select default configuration as file transfer but whenever i connect usb to my phone...it gets selected as usb for charging
mtp isn't fully working atm ( at least for some devices it doesn't work at all )
as a workaround reboot to twrp and transfer your files from there
mtp is enabled by default in twrp ( use it as a temporary solution ) i'm pretty sure the awesome developers in our community will figure that out and fix it

Sent from my OnePlus 5 using XDA Labs

Reactions: mr._.nobody

mr._.nobody

Oct 4, 2017
Xiaomi Poco F1
OnePlus 9R
After installing and rebooting, the system writes "There's an internal problem with your device". After that, the phone restarts in Recovery mode. He also manages to ask for a password. I understand that the problem is in the vendor. Sorry for the mistakes. I'm just from Russia. Please, help.

Bro go to twrp then to wipe and do format data....i had the same condition it did work great after factory data reset

mr._.nobody

Oct 4, 2017
Xiaomi Poco F1
OnePlus 9R
mtp isn't fully working atm ( at least for some devices it doesn't work at all )
as a workaround reboot to twrp and transfer your files from there
mtp is enabled by default in twrp ( use it as a temporary solution ) i'm pretty sure the awesome developers in our community will figure that out and fix it

Sent from my OnePlus 5 using XDA Labs

Ok thanks

paolocorpo

Jan 9, 2013
Sassoferrato
Today's the 2nd day of testing of this on my Mi A1. Here's everything I can provide to the normal user willing to try this out on their Mi A1.

FEATURES THAT DON'T WORK AS OF JULY 18
...cut
Everything else works fine. Just need to update your Google Play services app and you can restore apps via Google Backup (if you didn't already do it with Titanium Backup). Yes, rooting with Magisk works and some modules work as well such as Blobmojis among others.

Here are the steps to install it in your Mi A1 if you're coming from stock ROM:

1. ...cut
  2. Flash a treble-compatible kernel (Moun, ProjectK, Velocity)
  3. Go to Tissot Manager again and go to patches. Once there, patch the SELinux mode and set it to Permissive.
    ...cut
...cut
You should have the Android P DP3 booting on your Mi A1 now. :)
Dear developer a question for you about Kernel
Moun has 3 differet version (LOS, STOCK and AOSP)
Which version are you suggesting for this porting ?
Thanks
Paolo

khaos227

Feb 23, 2016
Tanvald
Using it on my OnePlus 5, flashed over the latest nightly MoKee build with Open Beta 14 firmware. The ROM is smooth, animations looks really nice. I would call Android P "refreshing" in terms of UX/UI.
The following things are broken as far as I noticed:
* finger print scanner (the setup crashes after touching the sensor)
* MTP
* ADB
* VoLTE

bluejeans117

Jan 21, 2018
Bangalore
Anyone who can guide me to flash this successfully on the samsung galaxy s9+ exynos?
I am not able to flash it with any success as i am getting an error at the end while installing the kernel " dumping/splitting image failed. " and failed installing zip file sgsi3.
Buddy, you're not supposed to flash the zip file.. extract it and flash the image inside the zip file (to the system partition). That zip file isn't a TWRP flashing one. It's just to compress the image and reduce it's size ?

JIaxyga

Jun 5, 2018
You sure you selected format data and typed "yes" coz it should work..... I'm not talking about going to advance wipe and formatting "data" only I'm talking about proper factory reset
Something from the first time just did not work. Thanks for the help). In the instructions, you need to install Google Play services. But something else was not installed ... Which ones did you install?

P650SE

Aug 14, 2013
I know the advice has been to format data and decrypt before flashing the ROM, but is it possible to re-encrypt once the ROM has been installed? Thanks.

mr._.nobody

Oct 4, 2017
Xiaomi Poco F1
OnePlus 9R
Something from the first time just did not work. Thanks for the help). In the instructions, you need to install Google Play services. But something else was not installed ... Which ones did you install?

First the gsi image of P and then the 3 zips that are provided by Dev....and then when I rebooted the device it powered off itself and booted to twrp...when it did booted to twrp I again rebooted the twrp so as to mount data and then I went to wipe and selected "format data" and typed "yes" and clean installed it...then I rebooted and installed the Google play services and the a camera app....btw which device are you trying to flash on

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    EXPERIMENTAL AND MOST LIKELY BROKEN
    Android-Q-3.png

Code:
    /*
     * Your warranty is now void.
     * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
     * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
     * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
     * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
     * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
     */
    Android "Q" is the upcoming ninth major version of the Android operating system. It was first announced by Google on March 2019, and the first developer preview was released on the same day. The second developer preview is expected to be released at the next Google I/O developer conference.

[more stable] Pixel: Ported from Pixel 2 firmware (walleye)
    Generic: Ported from Google GSI with gapps

GET UPDATES FROM: https://t.me/androidqgsi

Requirements :
    • Treblized device with 8.1 or P vendor

Global Bugs :
    • VoLTE

Device specific Bugs :

Instructions :
    for A-Only :

for AB :

Downloads :

Notes :
    Fix gapps: install google play services with "adb install"
    if images didn't worked properly post your logs(logcat and console-ramoops) on telegram group i'll come for help : @androidqgsi
    Logcat without PC: take /data/local/tmp/logs/log
    Enable adb before boot using this command in TWRP:
    Linux/mac :
    Code:
    adb push ~/.android/adbkey.pub /data/misc/adb/adb_keys
    Win :
    Code:
    adb push C:\Users\<userName>\.android\adbkey.pub /data/misc/adb/adb_keys

Donate:
    My paypal: https://www.paypal.me/erfanoabdi

Tested on:
    give me logs if didn't worked, or donate me a device :)
    Tested by myself:
    1. Moto Z (A-only)
    2. Moto X4 (AB)

Thanks
    ENJOY!​
    [DEV-ONLY] Bug Fixing

NVM :D

Ah actually this is ridiculous to have bug fixing post here, and i hate my port, real P GSI shouldn't done like this. but anyway this is ported from closed source P and i can point in most popular fixable bugs here...

by looking into logs(adb logcat -b all) if we see :
    1) library "libxxxxxxxxx.so" not found
    fix of this error is very simple as you guys all know we just need to put needed lib from system image of base rom in https://github.com/erfanoabdi/P_sem...GSI_Patches/Vendor/P Blobs/POST-sGSI_1/vendor
    and zip up "POST sGSI 1" with new libs

Feel free to make pull request new libs in github

2) cannot locate symbol :
    for example LG RIL error was like this:
    Code:
    CANNOT LINK EXECUTABLE "/vendor/bin/hw/rild": cannot locate symbol "_ZN7android8hardware5radio4V1_08toStringENS2_22CdmaSmsWriteArgsStatusE" referenced by "/vendor/lib64/vendor.lge.hardware.radio@1.0.so"...
    a) here we need to find where is unknown symbol located in 8.1 system image
    so in terminal goto system/ and :
    Code:
    grep -r "_ZN7android8hardware5radio4V1_08toStringENS2_22CdmaSmsWriteArgsStatusE"
    output in this case is :
    Code:
    Binary file lib/android.hardware.radio@1.0.so matches
    Binary file lib64/android.hardware.radio@1.0.so matches
    (here you may get long list of blobs, only find and grab needed ones)
    b) now just copy libs to vendor and rename them
    in this case i renamed android.hardware.radio@1.0.so to Wndroid.hardware.radio@1.0.so
    ***important rule keep string name same as original file only replace one letter (a->W)***
    c) and sed renamed lib (in my case) :
    Code:
    sed -i "s/android.hardware.radio@1.0.so/Wndroid.hardware.radio@1.0.so/" "P_semiGSI/POST_sGSI_Patches/Vendor/P\ Blobs/POST-sGSI_1/vendor/lib/Wndroid.hardware.radio@1.0.so"
    sed -i "s/android.hardware.radio@1.0.so/Wndroid.hardware.radio@1.0.so/" "P_semiGSI/POST_sGSI_Patches/Vendor/P\ Blobs/POST-sGSI_1/vendor/lib64/Wndroid.hardware.radio@1.0.so"
    we're almost done here
    d) now open POST-sGSI_2 and sed "referenced by" lib from error line in log
    like this : https://github.com/erfanoabdi/P_sem...ETA-INF/com/google/android/update-binary#L154
    e) and zip up "POST sGSI 1/2" with new libs

Feel free to make pull request new libs/hax in github

3) more...
    Update for DP5

THE MEGAPOST OF NOTES FOR THE P GSI HERE

Wiki page: https://github.com/erfanoabdi/P_semiGSI/wiki/OnePlus-5T and https://github.com/erfanoabdi/P_semiGSI/wiki/OnePlus-5 (Thanks to timocapa)

OnePlus 5/5T users, you MUST be decrypted in order to boot this GSI. This means flashing the noverity zip and formatting data. The link to the zip which I used to get it working is here: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1BtZKnNc2ooe9lcDd0JJ8eHzylA0StSm2/view The recovery I am using is the latest codeworkx recovery here: https://sourceforge.net/projects/ch....1-0-20180414-codeworkx-dumpling.img/download for dumpling and https://sourceforge.net/projects/ch...-20180414-codeworkx-cheeseburger.img/download for cheeseburger.

Some things to take into consideration before I followed these steps: I was using OB11 as my daily driver since it's release and I have always been encrypted.

This is exactly how I managed to get it booting on my 5T:
    1) format data to remove encryption (I'm on OOS OB11 before doing this)
    2) reboot recovery
    3) factory reset
    4) flash Mokee ROM (latest nightly)
    5) flash noverity zip
    6) reboot into OS
    7) get past set up and reboot into TWRP
    8) factory reset
    9) install P GSI
    10) mount vendor
    11) install all the latest POST zips in the order of 1 to 3
    12) reboot into OS

OPTIONAL: After you have booted into Android P and the lockscreen shows. You can reboot back into TWRP and install the latest BETA version of Mqgisk

Alternative instructions if you are getting kicked back into the recovery with the display log saying "RescueParty", do all of the above but replace step 11 with the steps below (Thanks to @jelousdogs for his method):
    11) Flash POST Zip 1,2 (Dont flash zip 3 Yet)
    12) Reboot to system (You will see the rom booting and reboot to recovery suddenly)
    13) Flash POST zip 3 in recovery and reboot to system

If this STILL does not work, try this: After completing all of these steps, mount vendor partition in TWRP, then use the TWRP File Manager. Copy the build.prop file from the vendor partition to your internal storage (/sdcard) and move it to your PC via MTP in recovery. Add "persist.sys.disable_rescue=true" (without quotes) to the bottom of the build.prop file you have just copied to your PC. Save and transfer it back to your internal storage. Copy the build.prop from your internal storage to /vendor, replacing the original file. Press on the build.prop file in your /vendor partition and press "chmod". Remove all of the "0000" numbers in the text box and type "0600", then confirm the chmod. Reboot to the OS.

DIRTY FLASHING DP5 FROM DP4 (Thanks to timocapa):
    1) reboot into TWRP and flash the DP5 GSI.
    2) reboot into the OS.
    Simple as that.

Notes:
    - If you get kicked into recovery after trying to boot the GSI, look at TWRP's display log where flashable zip text are printed out and see if "init_user0_failed". This means you are encrypted and the GSI is having trouble with it. You must be decrypted as said above.
    - Yes, this includes the new gesture pill nav bar. SETTINGS > SYSTEM > GESTURES > SWIPE UP ON HOME BUTTON (Your stock launcher must be working, i.e. not Force Closing, in order for this to work because the new overview app switcher is part of the stock Pixel Launcher).
    - Weird software issues like apps not opening, random FCs, settings going blank? Try a factory reset in TWRP and reboot to see if it has fixed any problems!
    Known bugs confirmed by a number of 5/t users:
    - Potato quality camera, you can use GCam to remedy the problem but expect blue dots in HDRmode (OnePlus problem)
    - Front facing camera can only be used in OOS camera (wait for official sources)

To get rid of the three persistent notifications:
    1) install GMS update (https://www.apkmirror.com/apk/googl...2-8-72-100400-202717283-android-apk-download/)
    2) Tap on the blue finishing setup notification and connect to wifi, then force close the pixel setup so it re-appears again
    3) Go to settings > accounts > sign into google
    4) Tap on the blue notification again and you should be able to go further than "pixel is finishing setup" page.
    5) Force stop play store to remove the play store persistent notification

Hope this helps other OP5/5T users out there who are having trouble booting this.
    DP5 is out : https://androidfilehost.com/?w=files&flid=279589
    dirty flash from dp4 :
    - only flash system.img

*but clean flash is always recommended*

change log of new zips:
    * op5t fingerprint fix