[OFFICIAL][TWRP][Recovery] TWRP 3.1.1-0 [mido]

Search This thread

wlk0

Sep 15, 2011
It's basic to encrypt one's phone. Over the years I've picked up several unencrypted lost phones in public places, and I can't tell you what juicy things and pictures found in them.
To be honest, LineageOS team should not call their product "private", "secure", "stable", or "reliable" if it can't even encrypt properly. It just becomes a toy of some geeky guys.

What you said, it's so easy to get rid of the keyguard and access everything in the phone by booting TWRP on an unencrypted phone.
I cannot encrypt AospExtended, same behavior as LOS 15 (reboot without encrypting /data).
I was thinking about applying a no-verity-force-encrypt-6.0 to force encryption at the next boot (but I don't have the phone available right now).
Let me know if you figure a way to re-encrypt.

laska.levin

Whaut you said, it's so easy to get rid of the keyguard and access everything in the phone by booting TWRP on an unencrypted phone.
I cannot encrypt AospExtended, same behavior as LOS 15 (reboot without encrypting /data).
I was thinking about applying a no-verity-force-encrypt-6.0 to force encryption at the next boot (but I don't have the phone available right now).

I fallbacked to non-treble official versions of both TWRP and LOS 14.1, encrypted it, and then update to LOS 15.1 with treble version of TWRP, without any custom kernel. Now the encryption stays and nothing seems unusual.

wlk0

Sep 15, 2011
I fallbacked to non-treble official versions of both TWRP and LOS 14.1, encrypted it, and then update to LOS 15.1 with treble version of TWRP, without any custom kernel. Now the encryption stays and nothing seems unusual.

So I assume you cleared /data without formatting it then when upgrading.
I guess I'll have to do that if the "reverse" lazypatcher trick doesn't work.
Thanks ;)

Reactions: laska.levin

CanBostanci

Aug 21, 2014
What you said, it's so easy to get rid of the keyguard and access everything in the phone by booting TWRP on an unencrypted phone.

Could you recommend an 8.1 ROM with proper encryption?

laska.levin

I didn't followed Xda or Mido development for some months so I have a question. The official LOS 15.1 downloaded from download.lineageos.org/mido have also treble support? I know the dev is the same... Thanks in advance

Verstuurd vanaf mijn Redmi Note 4X met Tapatalk

Yes. And you must use the TWRP in OP to flash it, not the official TWRP since it doesn't support TWRP.

Mar 28, 2017
Sacramento
OnePlus 9 Pro
I had been trying to install Magisk 16.7 using TWRP 3.2.2-0 Official and "Error 1" occurred. I'm using DotOS 2.4 Android 8.1.

Do you have a solution?

DotOS is a Treble ROM, you need to use Treble enabled TWRP.. I don't think official TWRP is compatible with Treble ROMs yet.

I use the TWRP from @abhishek987 LineageOS.

(I hope its OK if I share the link to it here, I apologize in advance if this is not allowed)

https://drive.google.com/a/my.smccd.edu/uc?id=1DXuos3BhwqaReN54AFB6mVWH7G67ip2a&export=download

Official Magisk is supported BTW

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Team Win Recovery Project 3.x, or twrp3 for short, is a custom recovery built with ease of use and customization in mind. Its a fully touch driven user interface no more volume rocker or power buttons to mash. The GUI is also fully XML driven and completely theme-able. You can change just about every aspect of the look and feel.

https%3A%2F%2Ftwrp.me%2Fimages%2Fhome.png
    https%3A%2F%2Ftwrp.me%2Fimages%2Fbackupname.png

Code:
    /*
     * Your warranty is now void.
     * We are not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
     * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
     * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
     * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
     * you point the finger at us for messing up your device, we will laugh at you.
     */

CHANGELOG for 3.0.2-0:
    • Fix a bug with the input box that affected masked inputs (passwords). This fixes decrypt of full device encryption on devices that support decrypt. This bug also impacts encrypted backups. Users are highly encouraged to stop using 3.0.1 if you use encrypted backups or if you need decrypt of data in TWRP.
    • Add Greek translation to some builds.
    • support new CM 13.0 pattern encryption (sultanqasim)
    • fix slow flashing issue due to modprobe (present on only some devices) (#twrp)
    • libtar updated to latest upstream and fixes (jcadduono)
    • fixes for loading custom themes (_that)
    • TWRP will now detect and install TWRP themes automatically through the normal zip install process (Dees_Troy)
    • translation updates - added Italian, Czech and Polish and significant updates to Dutch
    • progress bar improvements - progress bar updates during image flashing and better tracks progress during file system backups (tar) (Dees_Troy)
    • fix input box text display (Dees_Troy)
    • reboot option after zip install complete (bigbiff)
    • other mostly invisible bug fixes and improvements

Install guide:

• Install fastboot tools from google's sdk on your PC
    • Enter fastboot mode
    • Unlock your bootloader
    • Download recovery*.img and Lazyflasher
    • Copy lazyflasher In your internal Phone memory
    • Run "fastboot flash recovery recovery-mido.img in command line
      [*]Boot into recovery and flash Lazy flasher (Important for miui, else you can't boot into system)
    • Reboot and enjoy it

Download:

recovery.img
    lazyflasher-no-verity-opt-encrypt.zip

Source code:

https://github.com/omnirom/android_bootable_recovery

XDA:DevDB Information
    twrp, Tool/Utility for the Xiaomi Redmi Note 4

Contributors
    abhishek987

Version Information
    Stable Release Date: 2017-05-26

Created 2017-02-17
    Last Updated 2017-05-26
    Hey guys twrp has been updated to 3.1.0 and with it it goes official as well, I have fixed mtp for more changelog refer to https://twrp.me/site/update/2017/03/10/twrp-3.1.0-0-released.html
    And You can grab latest build at https://twrp.me/devices/xiaomiredminote4.html

Twrp is common for both redmi note 4 (sd) and redmi note4x just like rom :)

#Happy_flashing :)
    ohk guys time for update :p

CHANGELOG

• Updated to nougat encryption Blobs
    • Fixed Partition Backup Issue
    • Fixed minor lags...
    ..what else you expect from recovery :confused:

Links are up in op enjoy ;)
    Update: twrp-3.3.0-0-mido.img
    Available from here
    https://dl.twrp.me/mido/twrp-3.3.0-0-mido.img.html