[KERNEL][PIE][3.18.136][GCC8] BG345 kernel for capricorn

Search This thread

gadingww

Jun 12, 2017
Hey guys, I noticed my app KPM and the fusionOBeta (for which I help with testing) were having some traction in this thread, so I wanted to give you a small update. I hope this small off topic is ok here.

1. to those having problem with KPM not responding when you tap on a file – that is a bug from Tasker, which is the parent app I use to compile KPM with. I've reported to the dev and he's taking a look at it. For now, you can contact me on pm for support, if you're interested in installing Tasker and running the app as a "project" from within Tasker

2. fusionOBeta's development hasn't stopped, and it's getting better. At the moment we're at version 24, trying to finilize the balance between performance and battery. When there is an official release, you will find it in the AKT thread.

I hope you find KPM useful. In any case, I appreciate any feedback – you can leave such in the thread.

Cheers!

Thank you very much for your FusionOBeta project. It really helps on getting smooth and balanced performance. Will try updated FusionOBeta

Arstoien

Oct 31, 2012
Thank you very much for your FusionOBeta project. It really helps on getting smooth and balanced performance. Will try updated FusionOBeta
All credits go to @patalao – he's developing the tweaks. I'm only testing and giving my feedback. FYI, not all betas are "out", so to say. Beta22 can be found in the AKT threads, I'm pretty sure, and it's a solid one.

Reactions: yodanutz01

MickyZa

Dec 4, 2014
Prizren
All credits go to @patalao – he's developing the tweaks. I'm only testing and giving my feedback. FYI, not all betas are "out", so to say. Beta22 can be found in the AKT threads, I'm pretty sure, and it's a solid one.

Bro, can you pls send me link for full instruction how to install(apply) fushionObeta... Im trying it to find for like 20minutes. I installed fusionObeta 22, Ex kernel Menager and AKT 1.6.0 and stuck here.

Arstoien

Oct 31, 2012
Bro, can you pls send me link for full instruction how to install(apply) fushionObeta... Im trying it to find for like 20minutes. I installed fusionObeta 22, Ex kernel Menager and AKT 1.6.0 and stuck here.
You can use EX manager, I think. Place the fusionObeta file in /storage/emulated/0/ElementalX/gov_profiles. Then go to governor options, tap "load" in the upper right corner and select the file. That should load all settings but if you want to apply on boot, you'll have to go through all the settings and set to apply on boot manually. You can find all settings in the file itself.

If you want alternative (perhaps easier) aproach, you can try my app KPM – there's a link a few pages back.

I'm testing it right now, thank you. It should work fine with LOS stock kernel, right?
Don't know, probably :)

MickyZa

Dec 4, 2014
Prizren
You can use EX manager, I think. Place the fusionObeta file in /storage/emulated/0/ElementalX/gov_profiles. Then go to governor options, tap "load" in the upper right corner and select the file. That should load all settings but if you want to apply on boot, you'll have to go through all the settings and set to apply on boot manually. You can find all settings in the file itself.

If you want alternative (perhaps easier) aproach, you can try my app KPM – there's a link a few pages back.

Don't know, probably :)

Ty, but i dont have gov_profiles folder. Do i need to create it?(Edit:I solve it, ty again)

Last edited:

Fahim Ferdoush

Jan 16, 2018
Xiaomi Poco X2
Google Pixel 6
Hey guys, I noticed my app KPM and the fusionOBeta (for which I help with testing) were having some traction in this thread, so I wanted to give you a small update. I hope this small off topic is ok here.

1. to those having problem with KPM not responding when you tap on a file – that is a bug from Tasker, which is the parent app I use to compile KPM with. I've reported to the dev and he's taking a look at it. For now, you can contact me on pm for support, if you're interested in installing Tasker and running the app as a "project" from within Tasker

2. fusionOBeta's development hasn't stopped, and it's getting better. At the moment we're at version 24, trying to finilize the balance between performance and battery. When there is an official release, you will find it in the AKT thread.

I hope you find KPM useful. In any case, I appreciate any feedback – you can leave such in the thread.

Cheers!
where i can find latest fusionObeta and akt?

not4chananon

Aug 22, 2016
Surabaya
I hope that @brigio345 will continue the project. This is the best custom kernel for our phone. I compiled brg345 kernel from source at the beginning of the week and I have to say that everything works as it should :) Great results on battery- lte, GPS, NFC, BT and others and 4h sot. This is extra result for me :)

He will update the build as soon as possible, but now currently he is busy so he got no time to update the proper build for his kernel.

Reactions: bedson87
D

Deleted member 9214279

D

Deleted member 9214279

Yes, no problem.

I'm using new build and it seems to me that the clag version was more responsive, Linaro is a bit laggy. Can anyone confirm?

Please answer me, how much screen of time you gets on LOS with this new version of kernel? Your phone gets hot during watching videos in chrome/youtube (I am on PE ROM)? And deep sleep? Want to install LOS, but I am doubt

bedson87

Aug 24, 2013
Warsaw
Xiaomi Mi 10T / 10T Pro
Please answer me, how much screen of time you gets on LOS with this new version of kernel? Your phone gets hot during watching videos in chrome/youtube (I am on PE ROM)? And deep sleep? Want to install LOS, but I am doubt

Today will be about 3h sot, a lot of GPS apps, all time lte and bluetooth. For me it is a good result :)

In normal day with a bit of wifi I get about 4-5h of sot with brg345. You have to keep in mind that the results depend on the type of phone use, test it ;)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Project goals:
    • Keeping Xiaomi msm8996 devices kernel always up to date with latest Linux stable tag and CAF tag
    • Trying to find the best balance between battery life and performance

Features:

Compatibility:

Latest LOS 16.0 and ROMs based on its kernel/device tree

Installation:
    • Boot to recovery
    • Flash zip
    • Reboot

Downloads:

https://androidfilehost.com/?w=files&flid=254647

Changelogs:
      • rebased on LOS kernel sources
      • updated to Linux v3.18.136 tag
      • updated to CAF LA.UM.7.6.r1-04300-89xx.0 tag
      • switched to official GCC 8 toolchain for kernel
      • disabled some unneeded modules (CPU input boost, MSM performance...)
      • reworked defconfig file
    Older changelogs:

• rebased on new LOS kernel source
      • updated to Linux v3.18.115 tag
      • updated to CAF LA.UM.6.6.r1-09200-89xx.0 tag
      • switched to Linaro GCC 7 toolchain
      • tuned governor parameters
      • removed underclock, USB fast charge, kcal (will be probably added back in next build)
      • updated to v3.18.112 Linux stable tag
      • updated to LA.UM.6.6.r1-08600-89xx.0 CAF tag
      • back to sultanxda's governor parameters
      • underclock to 1.5 GHz for power cluster
      • undervolt
      • updated to v3.18.110 Linux stable tag
      • added Boeffla generic wakelock blocker support (with some additional wakelocks blocked by default)
      • picked some changes from Oreo kernel sources released by Xiaomi
      • updated to v3.18.109 Linux stable tag
      • updated to LA.UM.6.5.r1-08500-8x96.0 CAF tag
      • set Interactive governor parameters similarly to franciscofranco OP3T's kernel
      • added kcal support
      • changed backlight dimmer formula
      • updated to Linux v3.18.108 tag
      • updated to CAF LA.UM.6.6.r1-08300-89xx.0 tag
      • updated to Linux v3.18.107 tag
      • tuned Interactive governor parameters
    • 180410:
      • updated to Linux v3.18.104 tag
      • fixed video playing issues
    • 180409:
      • updated to Linux v3.18.103 tag
      • adjusted backlight dimmer (minimum brightness was now too low)
      • disabled CRC check
      • added back USB fast charge
      • enabled SCHED_HMP_CSTATE_AWARE and WQ_POWER_EFFICIENT_DEFAULT
      • disabled some unneeded features
    • 180406:
      • fixed backlight dimmer (brightness jumped to max when it was set to ~50%)
      • merged latest LA.UM.6.6.r1-07200-89xx.0 CAF tag
    • 050418:
      • restarted the project from scratch
      • merged latest Linux 3.18.102 tag
      • merged latest LA.UM.6.6.r1-06700-89xx.0 CAF tag
      • switched to DragonTC toolchain
      • removed features (see here for reasons): Relaxed governor, USB fast charge, underclock, fingerprint boost
    • 130318:
      • merged latest Linux 3.18.99 tag
      • added CPU underclock (big to 1.9 GHz, little to 1.5 GHz)
      • added Westwood TCP congestion algorithm (and set to default)
      • added fingerprint boost
      • fixed random reboots due to latest changes in LOS 15.1
    • 040318:
      • merged latest Linux 3.18.98 tag
      • added USB fast charge support (enabled by default)
      • added backlight dimmer support (enabled by default)
      • relaxed governor is no more set to default
    • 010318:
      • fixed messed up CPU frequencies (especially the ones of little cluster)
      • a bit of code cleanup
    • 280218:
      • first release

XDA:DevDB Information
    BG345 kernel, Kernel for the Xiaomi Mi 5s

Contributors
    brigio345
    Source Code: https://github.com/brigio345/android_kernel_xiaomi_msm8996

Kernel Special Features:

Version Information
    Current Stable Version: 190306
    Stable Release Date: 2019-03-06

Created 2018-02-28
    Last Updated 2019-03-06
    Update

Changelog:
    • rebased on LOS kernel sources
    • updated to Linux v3.18.136 tag
    • updated to CAF LA.UM.7.6.r1-04300-89xx.0 tag
    • switched to official GCC 8 toolchain for kernel
    • disabled some unneeded modules (CPU input boost, MSM performance...)
    • reworked defconfig file
    (Check my github repo for full changes)

Note:
    Sorry for huge delay. Last months had been very busy and I hadn't time to publish a new build, even if I kept working on this project for personal use.
    I'll try providing future builds on a more regular basis, even if I can't promise anything.
    TODO: tune governor parameters, add back undervolting (?), add back kcal(?) and more

Download:
    https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=1395089523397908300
    Update

Changelog:
    • updated to Linux v3.18.108 tag
    • updated to CAF LA.UM.6.6.r1-08300-89xx.0 tag

Download:
    https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=890278863836283458
    Update

Changelog:
    • rebased on new LOS kernel source
    • updated to Linux v3.18.115 tag
    • updated to CAF LA.UM.6.6.r1-09200-89xx.0 tag
    • switched to Linaro GCC 7 toolchain
    • tuned governor parameters
    • removed underclock, USB fast charge, kcal (will be probably added back in next build)

Download:
    https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=5862345805528053502
    @brigio345, is there a workaround for those who don't use LOS latest release, but still want to use your kernel? Can we somehow get a working camera?

A workaround for the Camera would be very nice..
    On a Treble ROM i don't know how I could get my camera working

The attached build should have working camera on older ROM builds

Please note that from next update I will only provide builds compatible with updated ROMs: it's ROM maintainer's task to keep his work up to date

DO NOT FLASH THIS IF YOU ARE ON LATEST LOS BUILD