[ROM][G950F/FD][7.1.2] UNOFFICIAL LineageOS 14.1 for Galaxy S8

Search This thread

ImKiira

Oct 3, 2017
Xiaomi Mi 10
Nope it wont lets get real there are two times a booting build but with no audio and other camera fp sensors etc.
In first time the dev working on audio like 6 months but nothing fixed because its hard for one man job.
In the second time now another dev is trying but still the same problem but this time he is working for 2 week lets get real samsung get crayz.ass work on this device audio system and even ıf the audio will fixed there are tons of bugs still there to fix do the math
Audio is working in an build that is not released. Be patient

Reactions: vinceducut

Muntasir Mahmud Saif

Dec 17, 2013
Why don't developers simply port treble to the s8/s8+? Which will enable it to easily receive ROM updates for every future ROM and have access to all treble roms, instead of an outdated rom taking 600 years to be developed only to be unofficial and exclusive to the Exynos model

---------- Post added at 11:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:18 PM ----------

Why is it against the rules to ask for ETA's, is it because they're none existent and no one gets anything done?

---------- Post added at 11:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:27 PM ----------

ETA?
if you think treble porting is so easy then why don't you port for people? developers aren't your servant.. mind it

pierg75

Honestly I'm tired of people wanting to have roms developed by others with eta, immediate upgrades, fixing all the bugs, etc. If you don't like it, go to another forum/thread/whatever and complain there.

Going back to the proper issue, I was always wondering why we have not many info about this possible rom development (a git repo, info about what's working and whatnot). I'm not a developer but I know one or two things about coding and maybe I could help. And maybe if there were more info, other people could be also interested to participate.

Sent from my SHIELD Tablet using Tapatalk

CoreyOS

Jun 14, 2017
Birmingham
Why don't developers simply port treble to the s8/s8+? Which will enable it to easily receive ROM updates for every future ROM and have access to all treble roms, instead of an outdated rom taking 600 years to be developed only to be unofficial and exclusive to the Exynos model

---------- Post added at 11:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:18 PM ----------

Why is it against the rules to ask for ETA's, is it because they're none existent and no one gets anything done?

---------- Post added at 11:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:27 PM ----------

ETA?

Estimated time of arrival. An example of this is all the people commenting on this thread asking "Are we there yet, are we there yet, are we there yet????????"

And so what if thy don't get things done, this is done in their own free time, maybe they're busy with life.

Can anyone just lock this thread? Fevax won't give updates because there is nothing to update. I doubt he is working in super secret on this. He got 500 bucks to create an Alpha build. If it's right or not this is what happened. There is no ETA, no updates, no communication whatsoever. Take your loss and go with googlewiz for now. Legit 50 sites of this thread are not useful posts.

Reactions: esmaeil mohamadi

M3th0s

Aug 30, 2007
Bristol
Yup I've said this before.
Even the links on the first post should be removed not to mislead anyone. And whatever link @darkbug published didn't work, so I'm guessing it's another dead end.
As for me I'll just keep an eye on lineageos.org but I'm guessing by the time a proper build comes out I'll either have a pixel or a new s10 (making sure it supports treble before I buy it though!).
Regards

Reactions: porkslapchop90

andrewKode

May 5, 2015
Timișoara
1. Project Treble is a mess.
2. There are others who also worked on this OS for S8 and left because of the community.
3. Don't be so naive to believe that an official LOS release is stable enough. Take for example the S9 which has a very young maintainer who , by the way, will soon leave the project. So don't feel that unlucky, you're not alone.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

QCgMClH.png

Code:
    [COLOR="red"]Your warranty is now void.[/COLOR]
    I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
    thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
    do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
    before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
    you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you. 
    A lot.

WARNING: THIS ROM IS NOT FOR DAILY USAGE, IT'S ONLY A ALPHA AND A LOT OF THINGS ARE BROKEN. ALSO, IT'S POSSIBLE THAT YOU WON'T BE ABLE TO RESTORE A NANDROID BACKUP AFTER FLASH THIS ROM. FLASH AT OWN RISK!​

/* What’s working */
    Audio
    Bootanimation
    Brightness Level
    Bluetooth
    Microphone
    MTP
    Wi-Fi
    LED
    All sensors except fingerprint reader
    SD Card
    Capacitive buttons

/* What’s not working */
    Bluetooth audio
    RIL (calls, sms, microphone, data) *works only in first boot
    NFC
    Camera
    Fingerprint reader
    Torch
    Wi-Fi Hotspot

Install Instructions
    1. Download ROM from the link below.
    2. Wipe dalvik/cache/data/factory reset.
    3. Flash the rom in recovery.
    4. Flash OpenGApps in recovery.
    5. Reboot device.
    6. Now you can help me to find bugs :)

Quick Look

Downloads

Latest Build​

If you are happy with my work, please:

Thank You! :victory:

XDA:DevDB Information
    UNOFFICIAL LineageOS 14.1 for Galaxy S8, ROM for the Samsung Galaxy S8

Contributors
    Fevax, briann_cs
    Source Code: https://github.com/Fevax

ROM OS Version: 7.x Nougat
    ROM Kernel: Linux 4.x
    Based On: LineageOS

Version Information

Created 2017-10-06
    Last Updated 2017-10-06
    LineageOS 15 developement for s8 has started!
    IThis ends now. If people are not happy with this rom. Either make your own or find another one.
    As such this thread is closed to clean up everyones negative comments......

Now that the thread is cleaned... To every one who thinks its ok...
    It is rude to ask for ETAs,deal with it.... It is rude to say Oh this dont work fix it, Post some logs and maybe work with the devs to fix it, Every expierenced modder knows there are bugs, Knows there are bugs in lineage,If you dont like it find another rom As such No more of this behavior will be tollerated!!!!!
    Sorry for the long period of inactivity, my personal life was a mess, i will try to speed up the things soon!
    Changelog:

06/10
    - Initial Release.