[ROM][Android 11] Unofficial LineageOS 18.1 Nightlies Tab Pro 8.4 Wifi (mondrianwifi)

Search This thread

dougmcsp

Nov 27, 2006
Boston
Can you share the instructions on how to access the battery and refit the cable? I imagine it will be involve taking the screen apart but unsure how fiddly it is and worth the risk.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=lEVFYQksmxM

Don't touch the screen, just removing the back will give you access to the battery. I didn't use any tools just my fingernails to remove the back , then I removed the cable from the battery and reinserted it, then I stopped having this problem.

Last edited:
Reactions: ezpc98

szafran81

Aug 20, 2010
Sosnowiec
Hi,

Did any one try to run DJI Go 4 app on this ROM ?
I'm trying to run it on 20180730 build and it stops on the first screen and then nothing (it should ask for permissions here). I've tried enabling the permissions in the app settings, but that didn't help. I've returned to previous 13.x CM and it was able to ask for permissions and then launched just fine. Tried allready reflashing many times (clean flashes) and installing different versions of GApps and nothing helps.

spiff72

Apr 14, 2006
Hi,

I'm trying to run it on 20180730 build and it stops on the first screen and then nothing (it should ask for permissions here). I've tried enabling the permissions in the app settings, but that didn't help. I've returned to previous 13.x CM and it was able to ask for permissions and then launched just fine. Tried allready reflashing many times (clean flashes) and installing different versions of GApps and nothing helps.

I'm about to try it.

I just dug this tablet out of a drawer, since it was long ago replaced with Tab S2 8.0 (which is a POS for use with DJI Go - even after flashing Lineage 15.1).

---------- Post added at 10:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:21 PM ----------

Hi,

I have the same experience. White screen with the app logo comes up, and it freezes up.

I then uninstalled it and downloaded an older apk (4.2.16), and it runs OK, based on a very quick test (no flight - just connected and confirmed it was not crashing). I also checked to make sure that the video feed updates at a reasonable rate when the drone is recording to the SD card and when it isn't. This was the biggest problem with DJI Go on my Tab S2 8.0 - seems fine until you start recording video, then it pixellates severely.

I will try a test flight tomorrow evening.

szafran81

Aug 20, 2010
Sosnowiec
I've misspoken previously. I've tested the app on CM 12.1 and LOS 13.0 and it works (tested just the app startup and connection with drone, not in flight). Haven't had the time yet to test it in flight. For now I've left LOS 13 on the Tab. Maybe this weekend I'll have some spare time to test how it works during flight.

spiff72

Apr 14, 2006
I flew one battery through my Spark yesterday using a new tablet mount and an OTG cable with no issues. Still had to use the older APK I listed a few posts back.

I think this newly found option will let me forego the iPad Mini 4 I have been searching for.

Seems odd that this older tablet works better than the Galaxy Tab S2 was thinking of using initially.

DaPoets

Jul 10, 2007
Beverly Hills, CA
It's very simple and fixes problems. Well worth it.

I replaced mine about 6 months ago and I did it by prying around the screen and popping it out. The cable detach/reattach was very quick and easy, then the screen popped right back in. Total time was roughly 10 minutes.
Tab Pro 8.4 works as well as the 1st year I got it again. This new battery charges nice and fast and holds it's charge nice and long. I watched 2 youtube videos before I did it.

Reactions: pocketrule

szafran81

Aug 20, 2010
Sosnowiec
I flew one battery through my Spark yesterday using a new tablet mount and an OTG cable with no issues. Still had to use the older APK I listed a few posts back.

I think this newly found option will let me forego the iPad Mini 4 I have been searching for.

Seems odd that this older tablet works better than the Galaxy Tab S2 was thinking of using initially.

I've flown today on LOS 13.0 and the newest app - the experience was ok (only thing that bothered me was the screen brightness).
Just checked a second ago and the newest DJI Go works with LOS14.1 20180813 build with ogapps mini (launches fine - haven't tested connection or flight yet).

spiff72

Apr 14, 2006
I've flown today on LOS 13.0 and the newest app - the experience was ok (only thing that bothered me was the screen brightness).
Just checked a second ago and the newest DJI Go works with LOS14.1 20180813 build with ogapps mini (launches fine - haven't tested connection or flight yet).
I flew a few more batteries this past weekend and had bad luck the first few tries. Each time it worked initially but then would lose the connection during flight (this was with the tablet in airplane mode and using an OTG cable between controller and tablet). Tablet was then non functional, but I still had control via the remote controller. This happened twice, then I tried again about an hour later and flew a full battery - up to an altitude of 400 feet with no problem at all.

Natraj

Jul 22, 2008
Schwabenland
I've just installed the latest ROM build (+ OpenGapps nano) with TWRP 3.2.3-0 and Oding 3.13.1. Backup of my old CM10.1 went fine. Camera doesn't work (as expected).
Everything good, up until now.

Reactions: mawa54 and kioshio

shantahan

Jan 16, 2015
Great build for a less supported device now. Thanks.

I am seeing a lot of event0 event1 event2 kernel wakelocks, though. It keeps my idle battery consumption high and the device barely goes 2 days in sleep. Is this expected, or what could be done to see the source of the wakelocks? Some searching leads me to the idea that's input related, but I am not sure. Thank you for reading.

BetterBatteryStats:
unplugged: 1day 14h
deepsleep: 1day 4h
awake screen off: 0day 9h 45min
screen on: 14min

wifi on all the time
doze interactive time: 14 min
doze idle mode time: 1day 13h
no or unknown signal all the time

waylo

May 9, 2010
With wifi on all the time, there's something that keeps the power usage up. I've described this several times before in other threads but no one's figured out how to fix it. Using battery monitoring apps, the drain sits at around -40mAh. With wifi off, the drain is like -8mAh. The stock ROM didn't have this issue, but who wants to go back 2 generations?

Reactions: shantahan

Fabo24

Nov 11, 2018
I've just installed the latest ROM build (+ OpenGapps nano) with TWRP 3.2.3-0 and Oding 3.13.1. Backup of my old CM10.1 went fine. Camera doesn't work (as expected).
Everything good, up until now.

Hello Forum,
I installed the 7.1 unofficial version for Tab Pro 8.4 and GApps 7.1 pico, but the performance is very bad. Can anyone help me with this problem?

steford

Apr 29, 2006
Hi all,
I'm a long time user of CM/Lineage on many devices and this ROM and recently reset my tablet to give it to my wife. Installed the latest version minus one and setup went well. A day or so later my wife was complaining that her 2 additional accounts had disappeared from GMail. Sure enough they had and I noticed some other oddities. I updated to the latest version with the tablet running smoothly again but I cannot add further accounts other than the main one via setup. The Google login screen appears, credentials entered and the whole process is completed without error but no account is added. Has anyone else witnessed this or have I inadvertently set something somewhere? I've never seen this before although I never add multiple accounts for my own use.

Thanks for any help.

ascender13

Jul 1, 2013
Installed this ROM a couple of days ago....coming from Lineage 13.1.
Really happy so far,working well,battery life on standby seems good so thanks to all involved.
One question regarding the nightly updates. When I go to install it takes me to the TRWP recovery screen but then what do I do ? In Lineage 13.1 it use to install the updates automatically.

waylo

May 9, 2010
You'll probably have to install the .zips manually then. You'll have to find where the downloaded file is and flash it in TWRP.

As far as I know, I don't think many/any? new commits are being put into the new updates. The changelog for sure is not being updated.

ascender13

Jul 1, 2013
You'll probably have to install the .zips manually then. You'll have to find where the downloaded file is and flash it in TWRP.

As far as I know, I don't think many/any? new commits are being put into the new updates. The changelog for sure is not being updated.

I found this on an early post
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbarcus81
Where in the world does the updater download the file?

/data/data/org.lineageos.updater/app_updates

But it's empty even thought I've downloaded the 304 MB update

It's just occured to me,that's internal memory isn't it and it needs to be on the sd card to install in TWRP doesn't it ???
Problem there is I'm not rooted ( at least I don't think I am,could be wrong) so it's no showing under file manager

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts