Touch Delay on Moto G 2014 Devices - In all Android 6.0.x (and up) Custom ROMs

Search This thread

Pixx 1001

Jun 17, 2015
São Paulo
The touch delay is present since the release of Marshmallow, Nougat and Oreo ROMs in Titan (not sure about Falcon). There is no escape. It's good to see our 2014 devices with the latest version of the Android, but this error is very annoying and is being ignored. Doesn't matter how good the ROM is. If you using any custom ROM with Android 6.0 and up on titan, i'm sure you have this issue.

So i want to open a discussion about this issue here

If you don't know what i talking about, let's simulate the issue:

Try to write something in stock keyboard of your MM,Nougat or Oreo ROM. Now try pressing a second finger in the screen out of the keyboard and write anything else... You noticed? No?

Try to play a very intensive tap game, like Geometry Dash. Play a bit. Now play with a second finger on screen... You noticed?

Only KitKat and Lollipop Roms are free from this bug.

So, the only workaround for this touch delay is pressing a second finger on screen. Shame.

The questions left: Anyone knows a solution? The cause of this issue? There is no way to fix this?

I tried some custom kernels, no success.

Last edited:
I don't notice this on the dirty unicorn 11.7 i am using this rom for daily driver , but can you tell if this problem happen in one rom or on all the roms ? and can you tell wat rom are you using? and dit you try a custom kernel with the rom wen the delay hapen ?
Every single ROM above 6.0 that I tested have this problem (Cm,AOKP,AOSP,Lineage,Slim,DU,CypherOS,AEX,CrDroid,RR and many more),with and without custom kernels.

Pixx 1001

Jun 17, 2015
São Paulo
I don't use my Moto G to play games , but some random games from PlayStore (Minigore 2, Bejeweled 2, Samurai II) the touch doesn't work well (or simply doesn't work! You can test all of them if you want). Using a 5.1 ROM, they work normally. It would be nice if the people post more problems about this touch issue happening on apps/games on Moto G Titan. I want to know if the same happens on Moto G Falcon, 4G variants.

Last edited:
Reactions: Metalhead666

Pixx 1001

Jun 17, 2015
São Paulo
Just stick to stock Lollipop rom guys. Newer versions of Android are just not meant to be on this phone, either on a custom or a stock ROM.

Well, I used ViperOs (7.1) as my daily driver at work, school for a good time (6 months I guess)... I liked Nougat Features and I guess I will keep using it, or another Nougat ROM, as they work perfectly for it on Titan.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    The touch delay is present since the release of Marshmallow, Nougat and Oreo ROMs in Titan (not sure about Falcon). There is no escape. It's good to see our 2014 devices with the latest version of the Android, but this error is very annoying and is being ignored. Doesn't matter how good the ROM is. If you using any custom ROM with Android 6.0 and up on titan, i'm sure you have this issue.

So i want to open a discussion about this issue here

If you don't know what i talking about, let's simulate the issue:

Try to write something in stock keyboard of your MM,Nougat or Oreo ROM. Now try pressing a second finger in the screen out of the keyboard and write anything else... You noticed? No?

Try to play a very intensive tap game, like Geometry Dash. Play a bit. Now play with a second finger on screen... You noticed?

Only KitKat and Lollipop Roms are free from this bug.

So, the only workaround for this touch delay is pressing a second finger on screen. Shame.

The questions left: Anyone knows a solution? The cause of this issue? There is no way to fix this?

I tried some custom kernels, no success.
    I don't notice this on the dirty unicorn 11.7 i am using this rom for daily driver , but can you tell if this problem happen in one rom or on all the roms ? and can you tell wat rom are you using? and dit you try a custom kernel with the rom wen the delay hapen ?
    Every single ROM above 6.0 that I tested have this problem (Cm,AOKP,AOSP,Lineage,Slim,DU,CypherOS,AEX,CrDroid,RR and many more),with and without custom kernels.
    I don't think anyone will ever fix this issue unfortunately,it was supposed to be fixed with the last official update(MM 6.0,bootloader 0x4887),but the problem is still there.
    I don't think anyone will ever fix this issue unfortunately,it was supposed to be fixed with the last official update(MM 6.0,bootloader 0x4887),but the problem is still there.

Some people say the same on Lenovo Foruns...
    Some people say the same on Lenovo Foruns...
    I think it is a kernel related issue rather than the bootloader,like some people said on lenovo foruns.I don't have proper knowledge to fix it,you could try to contact some of our developers,maybe there's still someone interested.