[Tweaks][su.d][build.prop] Thermal Throttling solution and more

Search This thread

Maxissc

Feb 3, 2014
Buenos Aires
Hi Snapdragon S7 users!

As we know we have a locked bootloader, and rooting includes heavy thermal throttling and strange frequency managment done by the system automatically (try to change max/min freq and you will se how it resists). Also to suffer a slower system (apps take longer to open/multitask), And a higher battery consumption (kernel organises processes strangely and big cpu is always under moderate-high load)
i have been searching all over xda (and many other forums) to get to the solution. And this is how far i could get:

Warning
Use this at your own risk!
su.d scripts will break safety net

Thanks to:
@xFirefly93 and his [MOD] Pixel (XL) Unified Kernel(s) Tuning Script (v1.3)
@Zola III
@TheDevelopper
@Craz Basics
Xperia XZ forum
OnePlus 3/3T forums
Pixel XL forum

su.d/init.d
Thermal throttling solution
  1. Block max/min auto frequency: Samsung Custom Frequency Manager, i call it "The Slippery" (gekkehenkie11 explanation here) is "samsungs personal assistant" when it comes to cpu frequency, changing it according to samsung preferences. We don't have sourcecode of it, so we cant modify it. But we can override it so it doesn't modify our settings (we do it with permissions this way) so then you can choose the range of frequencies you prefer with any cpu manager like kernel adiutor (kernel's thermal throttling will still continue working) re-activated in v8 (see changelog for more info)
  2. "Disable" throttling (push it further) = snappier device specially during heavy tasks (tested very heavily and couldnt pass 82C (180F) battery never reached 42C (108F)) you may have different temps due to Sillicon lottery or heavy gaming modified in v8 (see changelog for more info)
    • We have 3 options to manage temperature: Core Control (turns off cores), VDD Restriction (increases voltage when cpu is really cold) explanation HERE and HERE and Throttling (decreases cpu max freq)
How to check
  • A log file with the name "90Thermal_solution.log" will be created at /data
CPU Solution
How to check
  • A log file with the name "91Cpu_solution.log" will be created at /data
DAC Solution
  • Enable class AB config for hph (good explanation of what it does HERE), In simply words:
    • Prioritize quality over battery consumption (especially when not at max volume)
    • High performance only works with headphones (or anything you connect using 3,5mm jack)
How to check
  • A log file with the name "92Dac_solution.log" will be created at /data
More Solutions
First of all, the links:What this does:
  • Adjust some VM things
    • We will allow dirty data to stay on ram for a while (i cant belive why this was "off" originally -> eng kernel (maybe))
    • We will ajdust min and extra freekbytes to stock user-kernel value
  • Adjust lmk values
  • Increase read ahead and disable io stats (technically this should free some cpu) + change scheduler to deadline
  • Disable some logs (less 'disk' use) and other useless things
  • Modify entropy rngd tunables and link random to urandom
How to check
  • A log file with the name "94More_Solutions.log" will be created at /data
Installation
All has been tested in S7 Edge 935V with CRG2 Stock_Oreo_Hybrid by Jrkruse Rooted with Root For S7/S7Edge Oreo And Nougat by Jrkrusewith interactive governor option without issues (no bootloop)
0 ) You must be rooted
1 ) Make sure you have lastest busybox installed Google Play link
2 ) Download the Files (attached)
3 ) Extract .zip or .rar (they have the same files)
4 ) Copy tweak files (.sh ones) you want to apply to
Code:
/system/su.d
or
Code:
/system/etc/init.d
or use any init.d emulator (i dont guarantee it wil work) [MOD][APK+SCRIPT+ZIP] Enable Init.d for Any Phones w/o Need of Custom Kernels!!!
5 ) Set 777 permission (rwx-rwx-rwx)
6 ) Reboot
build.prop
Dalvik solution
I'll keep this simple
  • Most important pages:
  • Conclusions:
    • Our eng kernel has different values for certain dalvik things which ruins the "smooth android experience" (eng kernels are not meant for normal use). Hopefully most of them can be changed (fixed) into normal/stock values
    • The whole dalvik cache creation is really complex (and i barely know chunks of it), but to summarise It uses profiles which are a versus of "space utilization vs performance" more speed = less space available and vice versa (there are exceptions of course)
    • After testing with an exynos s7 besides my snapdragon i saw that exynos dalvik-cache folder was like 1gb big in stock conditions (and the phone was basically factory resetted), whereas snapdragon's folder was 300mb or so (with more than 100 aps installed). After applying the tweaks to exynos variant, dalvik folder went to like 1,2gb. After restoring ~100 apps on exynos dalvik is 1,8gb
    • Applying this tweaks could lead to (after dalvik-cache gets completely rebuilt):
      • Apps opening faster (they have more "parts" optimized)
      • Less cpu cycles used (apps have more "parts" optimized, so no need to waste cpu on doing that every cold launch)
      • Less battery consumption (above reasons)
      • Less internal space available (Dalvik cache will get bigger)
      • Longer first boot (A LOT LONGER) only first after deleting dalvik. Then it will be almost like before applying patch until dalvik gets completely rebuilt.
      • Some battery consumption increase until dalvik gets completely rebuilt (it's built while phone is booting, idle or charging)
  • After applying this tweak and deleting dalvik cache next boot will take A LOT LONGER. It's not a bootloop, i can ensure you, just wait. (like 20min)
How to install
  • Since values were not applying using setprop, i think it's better to add the values inside the build.prop (if someone has a better idea please tell me)
  1. Make build.prop backup
  2. Add values to build.prop
  3. Leave one blank line at the end, like this:

battery.capcacity=3600
    improve.performance=true
    Last.buildprop.line=1
    'empty space'
  4. Delete dalvik-cache
    • Delete what is inside /data/dalvik-cache/
      or
    • wipe dalvik-cache through Flashfire
  5. Reboot (and go make a sandwich as it will take some time)
  • Dalvik takes time to rebuild, so wait some time (a couple of hours of device idle, charging if possible). I suggest you to do this at night some time before going to sleep: follow installation steps, check dalvik folder size and go to sleep (you can take screenshots to keep trace). at the next day check again if it has gain some size, reboot the phone, and use it normally. That night check again dalvik size. As soon as you see it stopped growing you can "document" your feelings with the configuration
Values
pm.dexopt.boot=verify
pm.dexopt.first-boot=quicken
pm.dexopt.bg-dexopt=speed
dalvik.vm.image-dex2oat-filter=speed
dalvik.vm.dex2oat-filter=speed
persist.sys.dalvik.vm.lib.2=libart.so
dalvik.vm.dex2oat-flags=--compiler-filter=speed
dalvik.vm.dex2oat-flags=--compiler-backend=optimizing
Extra build.prop tweaks
Here are some more build.prop values i found and im using right now. You can add them under dalvik solution ones if you like
boot.fps=30
shutdown.fps=30
ro.secure=1
ro.debuggable=0
persist.sys.scrollingcache=4
sys.config.samp_spcm_enable=false
sys.config.samp_enable=false
ro.config.fha_enable=true
ro.sys.fw.use_trim_settings=false
Extra
Rendering Solution
  • We know gpu is better than cpu at graphic rendering
  • In the old times a file named egl.cfg existed at lib/gles | lib/egl. That file contained the name of the libraries which would be used to render the screen (Phone and external). Some users modified the file in order to force gpu rendering always. This basically made phones smoother (info HERE)
  • Many people claimed that using gpu rendering only would increase battery consumption, whereas others said the opposite
  • We dont have egl.cfg, so i investigated and it results that since oreo the EGL loader doesn't need a config file to "know" which libraries to load, it detects the libraries and loads them automatically. So deleting (or renaming) libGLES_android.so makes the EGL loader unable to detect software rendering libraries and stick with only hardware ones, thus disabling cpu rendering List of commits
  • As far as i've tested, disabling cpu rendering made the device perform smoother (easily noticeable, specially just after a reboot). I didn't notice any big difference with battery (it may be lasting a little longer though)
How to
  • Rename (or delete) "libGLES_android.so" to "libGLES_android.bak" and set 444 permissions. . The file is at /system/lib/egl and /system/lib64/egl
  • Reboot
Apps Solution
Unlike the rest of solutions, this is not a script. Here i will tell you two group of apps i disabled, and made a LOT of difference in terms of snappiness
Short tuto:
1 ) in titanium backup search for 'qualcomm' with system/defrosted filter
2 ) freeze all
3 ) do the same but searching 'knox'
4 ) delete frozen apps data
5 ) reboot

Long tuto:
1 ) Download Titanium backup
2 ) open and go to 'backup/restore' tab
3 ) 'click to edit filters' and select type 'system', temperature 'defrosted'. the rest in 'all'
4 ) apply filter
5 ) click the magnifying glass and type 'qualcomm'
6 ) tap the paper with a tick
7 ) go to 'freeze/defrost' and tap 'run' in the first option "freeze all user & system...."
8 ) select all and tap the tick
9 ) repeat from step 5 but instead of qualcomm type 'knox'
10 ) go to 'backup/restore' tab
11 ) 'click to edit filters' and select type 'system', temperature 'frozen'. the rest in 'all'
12 ) tap the paper with a tick
13 ) go to 'manipulate data' and tap 'run' in the second option "wipe data for user & system apps"
14 ) select all and tap the tick
15 ) reboot

I will leave you also attached some screenshots of the apps i have frozen, so you can be sure they don't cause bootloops in case you wonder that. If you froze/disable something and suddenly something stops working (for example: bluetooth doesnt turn on) just defrost/enable it again and you should be fine

Solution Installer
This is just 2 .bat installer, which will install
  • EngSolution.bat
    • Thermal Throtlling Solution
    • Cpu Solution
    • Dac Solution
    • More Solutions
    • Rendering Solution
    • A modified sysconfig to allow google play services and playstore be optimized by doze
  • AppSolution.bat

• Will delete lots of apps i consider bloat
This is done using a pc
1 ) Unzip/decompress
2 ) Run .bat you want
3 ) Device will reboot once completed
If you want to Uninstall
1 ) Delete the files you copied and reboot
2 ) If you used dalvik solution, restore build.prop backup and wipe dalvik cache (delete the files inside /data/dalvik-cache/) --> Next boot will take more time after this (only the next one after deleting)
3 ) If you used Rendering solution, restore stock name and set permission to 777
4 ) If you used Apps solution, defrost all the apps you froze
Changelog

Attachments

• Files_DO_NOT_FLASH_V4.zip
    2.8 KB · Views: 294
  • Files_DO_NOT_FLASH_V5.zip
    2.6 KB · Views: 153
  • Files_DO_NOT_FLASH_V6.zip
    3.3 KB · Views: 145
  • Files_DO_NOT_FLASH_V7.zip
    3.9 KB · Views: 173
  • Files_DO_NOT_FLASH_V8.zip
    5.1 KB · Views: 170
  • Files_DO_NOT_FLASH_V9.zip
    4.9 KB · Views: 818
  • SolutionInstaller.zip
    822.6 KB · Views: 673
  • DalvikSolution.txt
    293 bytes · Views: 567
Last edited:

Maxissc

Feb 3, 2014
Buenos Aires
I ran it for a day or so and it seemed to make mine run hotter,,,I will try it again and see

It will run hotter. Anyways i couldn't make cpu surpass 82C/180F, and i think it's really worth the benefit. I think samsung's eng kernel throttling wasn't totally polished, because some degrees ahead device stops getting hotter (unless during a heavy task), apps opening/switching becomes noticeably faster and scrolling lag decreases

I need to do some more research about how thermal throttling kicks in (eng kernel is weird) because i have plans and new ideas for an update but im not having my phone in hands until next week. Im thinking of wether release all at once or make it in 2 or 3 simpler updates

gwilly3301

Feb 25, 2018
I do not know if you're aware but Im pretty sure installing these and rebooting breaks safetynet! I had signed out of snapchat a day after installing these and tried to sign back in and i got the dialog you get if you are rooted and snap detects safetynet is broken, I then went an uninstalled the files from the su.d, rebooted and i was able to log in again, might want to add to OP :)!

Maxissc

Feb 3, 2014
Buenos Aires
I do not know if you're aware but Im pretty sure installing these and rebooting breaks safetynet! I had signed out of snapchat a day after installing these and tried to sign back in and i got the dialog you get if you are rooted and snap detects safetynet is broken, I then went an uninstalled the files from the su.d, rebooted and i was able to log in again, might want to add to OP :)!

oh, thank you. Since don't use snapchat, and none app has given me problems, i didn't realise it. added to op :good:
Are build.prop lines working for you without breaking safety net?

gwilly3301

Feb 25, 2018
oh, thank you. Since don't use snapchat, and none app has given me problems, i didn't realise it. added to op :good:
Are build.prop lines working for you without breaking safety net?

Build.prop lines should be fine, they won't break safetynet. As that's what apps like L-Speed modify are lines in the build.prop and it doesn't cause any problems :)

Reactions: Maxissc

gwilly3301

Feb 25, 2018
Hi S7 users!

As we know we have a locked bootloader, and rooting includes heavy thermal throttling and strange frequency managment done by the system automatically (try to change max/min freq and you will se how it resists). Also to suffer a slower system (apps take longer to open/multitask), And a higher battery consumption (kernel organises processes strangely and big cpu is always under moderate-high load)
i have been searching all over xda (and many other forums) to get to the solution. And this is how far i could get:

Warning

CPU Solution Not finished, only touchboost tweaks for now

DAC's high performance mode

Installation

Dalvik solution

If you want to Uninstall

Have you had anymore development on these? Running these along with my flashing stock BL tweak has been very helpful

Maxissc

Feb 3, 2014
Buenos Aires
UPDATE V2
  • Reworked Thermal solution
  • Added cpu tunables tweaks (at Cpu Solution)
  • Deleted some build.prop lines (also there aren't test values any more)

gwilly3301

Feb 25, 2018
UPDATE V2
  • Reworked Thermal solution
  • Added cpu tunables tweaks (at Cpu Solution)
  • Deleted some build.prop lines (also there aren't test values any more)

Awesome, trying now! Will let you know how it runs!

---------- Post added at 11:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:15 PM ----------

Hi S7 users!

Warning

CPU Solution

DAC's high performance mode

Installation

Dalvik solution

If you want to Uninstall

Does Dalvik Solution.txt go into /su.d as well?

Maxissc

Feb 3, 2014
Buenos Aires
Awesome, trying now! Will let you know how it runs!

---------- Post added at 11:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:15 PM ----------

Does Dalvik Solution.txt go into /su.d as well?

no, i'ts just a txt you can use to copy build.prop tweaks more easily.
about the .sh tell me if you have the logs at /data because i wasn't having them (neither the scripts running) until i deleted and pressed enter at every line of the files (i dont understand why that fixed the issue)

Last edited:

gwilly3301

Feb 25, 2018
no, i'ts just a txt you can use to copy build.prop tweaks more easily.
about the .sh tell me if you have the logs at /data because i wasn't having them (neither the scripts running) until i deleted and pressed enter at every line of the files (i dont understand why that fixed the issue)

No, no logs. Does that mean scripts aren't running then?

gwilly3301

Feb 25, 2018
UPDATE V3
  • Reupdated V2 with scripts working correctly now

Should I re-download? Also with the, .txt file, I need to copy what's in there to my build.prop or do the scripts already do that?

---------- Post added at 11:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:54 PM ----------

yes. please try with v3 i just uploaded. im sure they are working fine now

Do I need to clear dalvik again?

Maxissc

Feb 3, 2014
Buenos Aires
Should I re-download? Also with the, .txt file, I need to copy what's in there to my build.prop or do the scripts already do that?

---------- Post added at 11:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:54 PM ----------

Do I need to clear dalvik again?

redownload, delete previous files (from v2) at su.d, and copy new ones and give them 777 permission (all rwx). add .txt lines at the end of build.prop (remember to leave a blank line at the end), delete dalvik cache and reboot. it will take a while to boot after deleting dalvik (5-10min or so)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi Snapdragon S7 users!

Warning

Thanks to:
    @xFirefly93 and his [MOD] Pixel (XL) Unified Kernel(s) Tuning Script (v1.3)
    @Zola III
    @TheDevelopper
    @Craz Basics
    Xperia XZ forum
    OnePlus 3/3T forums
    Pixel XL forum

su.d/init.d
    1. Block max/min auto frequency: Samsung Custom Frequency Manager, i call it "The Slippery" (gekkehenkie11 explanation here) is "samsungs personal assistant" when it comes to cpu frequency, changing it according to samsung preferences. We don't have sourcecode of it, so we cant modify it. But we can override it so it doesn't modify our settings (we do it with permissions this way) so then you can choose the range of frequencies you prefer with any cpu manager like kernel adiutor (kernel's thermal throttling will still continue working) re-activated in v8 (see changelog for more info)
    2. "Disable" throttling (push it further) = snappier device specially during heavy tasks (tested very heavily and couldnt pass 82C (180F) battery never reached 42C (108F)) you may have different temps due to Sillicon lottery or heavy gaming modified in v8 (see changelog for more info)
      • We have 3 options to manage temperature: Core Control (turns off cores), VDD Restriction (increases voltage when cpu is really cold) explanation HERE and HERE and Throttling (decreases cpu max freq)
    How to check
    • A log file with the name "90Thermal_solution.log" will be created at /data
    CPU Solution
    How to check
    • A log file with the name "91Cpu_solution.log" will be created at /data
    DAC Solution
    • Enable class AB config for hph (good explanation of what it does HERE), In simply words:
      • Prioritize quality over battery consumption (especially when not at max volume)
      • High performance only works with headphones (or anything you connect using 3,5mm jack)
    How to check
    • A log file with the name "92Dac_solution.log" will be created at /data
    More Solutions
    First of all, the links:What this does:
    • Adjust some VM things
      • We will allow dirty data to stay on ram for a while (i cant belive why this was "off" originally -> eng kernel (maybe))
      • We will ajdust min and extra freekbytes to stock user-kernel value
    • Adjust lmk values
    • Increase read ahead and disable io stats (technically this should free some cpu) + change scheduler to deadline
    • Disable some logs (less 'disk' use) and other useless things
    • Modify entropy rngd tunables and link random to urandom
    How to check
    • A log file with the name "94More_Solutions.log" will be created at /data
    Installation
    All has been tested in S7 Edge 935V with CRG2 Stock_Oreo_Hybrid by Jrkruse Rooted with Root For S7/S7Edge Oreo And Nougat by Jrkrusewith interactive governor option without issues (no bootloop)
    0 ) You must be rooted
    1 ) Make sure you have lastest busybox installed Google Play link
    2 ) Download the Files (attached)
    3 ) Extract .zip or .rar (they have the same files)
    4 ) Copy tweak files (.sh ones) you want to apply to
    Code:
    /system/su.d
    or
    Code:
    /system/etc/init.d
    or use any init.d emulator (i dont guarantee it wil work) [MOD][APK+SCRIPT+ZIP] Enable Init.d for Any Phones w/o Need of Custom Kernels!!!
    5 ) Set 777 permission (rwx-rwx-rwx)
    6 ) Reboot
    build.prop
    Dalvik solution
    I'll keep this simple
    • Most important pages:
    • Conclusions:
      • Our eng kernel has different values for certain dalvik things which ruins the "smooth android experience" (eng kernels are not meant for normal use). Hopefully most of them can be changed (fixed) into normal/stock values
      • The whole dalvik cache creation is really complex (and i barely know chunks of it), but to summarise It uses profiles which are a versus of "space utilization vs performance" more speed = less space available and vice versa (there are exceptions of course)
      • After testing with an exynos s7 besides my snapdragon i saw that exynos dalvik-cache folder was like 1gb big in stock conditions (and the phone was basically factory resetted), whereas snapdragon's folder was 300mb or so (with more than 100 aps installed). After applying the tweaks to exynos variant, dalvik folder went to like 1,2gb. After restoring ~100 apps on exynos dalvik is 1,8gb
      • Applying this tweaks could lead to (after dalvik-cache gets completely rebuilt):
        • Apps opening faster (they have more "parts" optimized)
        • Less cpu cycles used (apps have more "parts" optimized, so no need to waste cpu on doing that every cold launch)
        • Less battery consumption (above reasons)
        • Less internal space available (Dalvik cache will get bigger)
        • Longer first boot (A LOT LONGER) only first after deleting dalvik. Then it will be almost like before applying patch until dalvik gets completely rebuilt.
        • Some battery consumption increase until dalvik gets completely rebuilt (it's built while phone is booting, idle or charging)
    • After applying this tweak and deleting dalvik cache next boot will take A LOT LONGER. It's not a bootloop, i can ensure you, just wait. (like 20min)
    How to install
    • Since values were not applying using setprop, i think it's better to add the values inside the build.prop (if someone has a better idea please tell me)
    1. Make build.prop backup
    2. Add values to build.prop
    3. Leave one blank line at the end, like this:

battery.capcacity=3600
      improve.performance=true
      Last.buildprop.line=1
      'empty space'
    4. Delete dalvik-cache
      • Delete what is inside /data/dalvik-cache/
        or
      • wipe dalvik-cache through Flashfire
    5. Reboot (and go make a sandwich as it will take some time)
    • Dalvik takes time to rebuild, so wait some time (a couple of hours of device idle, charging if possible). I suggest you to do this at night some time before going to sleep: follow installation steps, check dalvik folder size and go to sleep (you can take screenshots to keep trace). at the next day check again if it has gain some size, reboot the phone, and use it normally. That night check again dalvik size. As soon as you see it stopped growing you can "document" your feelings with the configuration
    Values
    pm.dexopt.boot=verify
    pm.dexopt.first-boot=quicken
    pm.dexopt.bg-dexopt=speed
    dalvik.vm.image-dex2oat-filter=speed
    dalvik.vm.dex2oat-filter=speed
    persist.sys.dalvik.vm.lib.2=libart.so
    dalvik.vm.dex2oat-flags=--compiler-filter=speed
    dalvik.vm.dex2oat-flags=--compiler-backend=optimizing
    Extra build.prop tweaks
    Here are some more build.prop values i found and im using right now. You can add them under dalvik solution ones if you like
    boot.fps=30
    shutdown.fps=30
    ro.secure=1
    ro.debuggable=0
    persist.sys.scrollingcache=4
    sys.config.samp_spcm_enable=false
    sys.config.samp_enable=false
    ro.config.fha_enable=true
    ro.sys.fw.use_trim_settings=false
    Extra
    Rendering Solution
    • We know gpu is better than cpu at graphic rendering
    • In the old times a file named egl.cfg existed at lib/gles | lib/egl. That file contained the name of the libraries which would be used to render the screen (Phone and external). Some users modified the file in order to force gpu rendering always. This basically made phones smoother (info HERE)
    • Many people claimed that using gpu rendering only would increase battery consumption, whereas others said the opposite
    • We dont have egl.cfg, so i investigated and it results that since oreo the EGL loader doesn't need a config file to "know" which libraries to load, it detects the libraries and loads them automatically. So deleting (or renaming) libGLES_android.so makes the EGL loader unable to detect software rendering libraries and stick with only hardware ones, thus disabling cpu rendering List of commits
    • As far as i've tested, disabling cpu rendering made the device perform smoother (easily noticeable, specially just after a reboot). I didn't notice any big difference with battery (it may be lasting a little longer though)
    How to
    • Rename (or delete) "libGLES_android.so" to "libGLES_android.bak" and set 444 permissions. . The file is at /system/lib/egl and /system/lib64/egl
    • Reboot
    Apps Solution
    Unlike the rest of solutions, this is not a script. Here i will tell you two group of apps i disabled, and made a LOT of difference in terms of snappiness
    Short tuto:
    1 ) in titanium backup search for 'qualcomm' with system/defrosted filter
    2 ) freeze all
    3 ) do the same but searching 'knox'
    4 ) delete frozen apps data
    5 ) reboot

Long tuto:
    1 ) Download Titanium backup
    2 ) open and go to 'backup/restore' tab
    3 ) 'click to edit filters' and select type 'system', temperature 'defrosted'. the rest in 'all'
    4 ) apply filter
    5 ) click the magnifying glass and type 'qualcomm'
    6 ) tap the paper with a tick
    7 ) go to 'freeze/defrost' and tap 'run' in the first option "freeze all user & system...."
    8 ) select all and tap the tick
    9 ) repeat from step 5 but instead of qualcomm type 'knox'
    10 ) go to 'backup/restore' tab
    11 ) 'click to edit filters' and select type 'system', temperature 'frozen'. the rest in 'all'
    12 ) tap the paper with a tick
    13 ) go to 'manipulate data' and tap 'run' in the second option "wipe data for user & system apps"
    14 ) select all and tap the tick
    15 ) reboot

I will leave you also attached some screenshots of the apps i have frozen, so you can be sure they don't cause bootloops in case you wonder that. If you froze/disable something and suddenly something stops working (for example: bluetooth doesnt turn on) just defrost/enable it again and you should be fine

Solution Installer
    This is just 2 .bat installer, which will install
    • EngSolution.bat
      • Thermal Throtlling Solution
      • Cpu Solution
      • Dac Solution
      • More Solutions
      • Rendering Solution
      • A modified sysconfig to allow google play services and playstore be optimized by doze
    • AppSolution.bat

• Will delete lots of apps i consider bloat
    This is done using a pc
    1 ) Unzip/decompress
    2 ) Run .bat you want
    3 ) Device will reboot once completed
    If you want to Uninstall
    1 ) Delete the files you copied and reboot
    2 ) If you used dalvik solution, restore build.prop backup and wipe dalvik cache (delete the files inside /data/dalvik-cache/) --> Next boot will take more time after this (only the next one after deleting)
    3 ) If you used Rendering solution, restore stock name and set permission to 777
    4 ) If you used Apps solution, defrost all the apps you froze
    Changelog
    UPDATE V8
    aka: am i rooted?
    This update is 90% thanks to @xFirefly93 work: [MOD] Pixel (XL) Unified Kernel(s) Tuning Script (v1.3)

ThermalSolution
    • The Slippery got its job back! (he's no longer our enemy) this means no more overheating
    • Throttling_temp set to 140C (yes 140. I'm pretty sure samsung devleopers workarounded slippery config by setting a +50 (or sth like that) to temp values to adjust throttling. Even having it set to 140 i see cpu temps doesnt even get to 80C as it did with older Solution versions (yes, there is throttling. But thanks to V8 cpu generates less heat also)
    CpuSolution MoreSolutions
    • Little changes to existent VM tweaks
    • Added more VM tweaks (thanks to @xFirefly93)
    • Added Mounting tweaks (thanks to @xFirefly93)
    • Added FileSystem tweaks (thanks to @xFirefly93)
    • Added Block iostats and add_random from all system block (thanks to @xFirefly93)
    • Added trim partitions (thanks to @xFirefly93)
    • Disabled many more logs and stuff (thanks to @xFirefly93)
    • Added some network tweaks (thanks to @xFirefly93)
    • Modified pm_async to @xFirefly93 personal best value
    Extra build.prop tweaks
    • Deleted gpu lines (Useless because of rendering solution)
    • Deleted many useless lines
    I ran it for a day or so and it seemed to make mine run hotter,,,I will try it again and see

It will run hotter. Anyways i couldn't make cpu surpass 82C/180F, and i think it's really worth the benefit. I think samsung's eng kernel throttling wasn't totally polished, because some degrees ahead device stops getting hotter (unless during a heavy task), apps opening/switching becomes noticeably faster and scrolling lag decreases

I need to do some more research about how thermal throttling kicks in (eng kernel is weird) because i have plans and new ideas for an update but im not having my phone in hands until next week. Im thinking of wether release all at once or make it in 2 or 3 simpler updates
    actually modifying /proc/sys/kernel/random/write_wakeup_threshold makes entropy increase. the agressive profile is just a denomination given by someone for x value of write wakeup thresold

Also i've investigated what you told me about BCL an HMP. i couldnt find anything related to BCL and the lines of HMP you wrote many of them were invalid (we dont have those files, so at least we can't modify that)
    I have made some testing with the things that were changeable, im trying to make all app opening start on big cluster (in order to take advantage of its power) and then be moved to little cluster if they are not resourse hungry (like whatsapp). I attached a test.sh file (i added .apk extension so it would allow me to upload it, just delete apk extension) in case you or anyone wants to try. please tell me how do you feel the phone behaves with vs without this
    Thank you man, ok, I tested the script and just let me tell you that it's incredible, the phone's startup lag is almost gone away, I noticed that I can uninstall any app easily after 1 min when the device turns on, for the apps opening, it's almost the same as it was before but I think there's no solutions for that because I tested the performance cpu governor then the results still the same, thank you then good luck for your next update
    For the Entropy I have found a way to set it to aggressive but you have to delete its proper lines from the script then reboot, after that just install the seeder apk, set it to aggressive then hit ON, you will get an error but just dismiss it because it's working