MIUI 9 on Xiaomi Mi A2 Lite Android One

Search This thread

tora117

Nov 23, 2012
Hi, please help me. Is there any chance to install MIUI 9 ROM on Mi A2 Lite? I can't find the official ROM for that phone. I found only Android One version ROM pack. I wanna buy this phone, I really like the design ect. but I don't like this whole Android One idea (I don't care about earlier updates), I don't like the interface, the icons. I prefer MIUI system overlay. Where can I find it?

Last edited:

BubuXP

Hi, please help me. Is there any chance to install MIUI 9 ROM on Mi A2 Lite? I can't find the official ROM for that phone. I found only Android One version ROM pack. I wanna buy this phone, I really like the design ect. but I don't like this whole Android One idea (I don't care about earlier updates), I don't like the interface, the icons. I prefer MIUI system overlay. Where can I find it?

It is called Redmi 6 Pro, it's the Mi A2 Lite with MIUI (but without LTE 800 MHz frequency).

Reactions: sebadamus

Curunir

I'm not sure why anyone would prefer a MIUI device over Android one, but seems to be that by making two versions Xiaomi is giving us plenty of options.. (not to mention adding more devices to their already convoluted line up). Depending on the 4G coverage with your provider/country not having band 20 might not even be a big deal.

Reactions: BubuXP

triosakti

Jul 25, 2009
Not every country has Redmi 6 Pro available...
since it's only for China Region (CMIIW)
and Mi A2 Lite is "more Global" with vanilla OS
me too want a MIUI OS over Mi A2 Lite due to MIUI's feature (such as, hide notch, hide nav-bar and using full swipe gesture, etc..)

any idea to flash MIUI over MiA2 Lite?
or can we just flash Redmi 6 Pro's ROM over MiA2 Lite device? is it compatible (it should be, due to the same hardware spec, CMIIW again)

BubuXP

It is not possible to flash Redmi 6 Pro (sakura) ROM on Mi A2 Lite (daisy).
A slight chance to do so could be by flashing it in EDL mode, but even if I get EDL permission from Xiaomi, I won't take that risk.
The only safe way is to wait some developer that ports sakura ROM to daisy. It could be even easier if a MIUI treble ROM exists (I don't know if it exists, as I dislike MIUI).

Reactions: fake__knv

pogano_celjade

Feb 16, 2012
No, it's the general Xiaomi versioning system, and it is used in all their phones, those with MIUI and those with AndroidOne.
And that's an AndroidOne ROM, because it's installed it in my phone right now and I can't see any MIUI.

Then we are doomed. Android One is not for everyone, does not have many options compared with MIUI.

Reactions: John S.

Doemer

Jul 18, 2009
I own both a chinese import redmi 6 pro and a mi a2 lite from a local supplier.

I am sure the A2 lite will become more interesting than the 6 pro as soon as some devs are taking care of it by providing custom roms.

But for the moment the miui 10 dev roms from miglobe and co. offer a much better experience on the 6 pro device than the android one on the mi a2 lite builds.

I don't care a lot for the missing band support as I owned the redmi 4 pro before and never experienced receptions or speed problems.

i am looking forward to see some nice custom roms for the a2 lite.

Regards,

Dom

Voodoojonny

Dec 17, 2015
Dortmund
The redmi 6 pro is a treble device too, that means, normally you should be able to extract system.img and flash it via fastboot.
In that case it doesn´t matter wheather the partition scheme is different!

You could give it a try. If it´s not working, you can flash back stock system via miflash (select flash and keep data)

Last edited:

Fadzay

Apr 17, 2013
Do we have brave ones to try?

I tried to do as it is written here https://xdaforums.com/mi-a2/how-to/miui-10-install-guide-t3844729, but in our firmware did not find similar files to replace * abl.elf
* prog_emmc_firehose_Sdm660_ddr.elf
* prog_emmc_firehose_Sdm660_lite.elf
mi flash the error, then I replaced prog_emmc_firehose_8953_ddr.mbn and the download ok, but after installation I caught the bootlap, and returned to the stock through the test point. if anyone can figure out what files need to be replaced in firmware 6 pro, then it is possible to run miui.
Sorry for my English

Top Liked Posts