[GUIDE][PORT] How to install the Android Pie sGSI on your Xiaomi Mi A1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

Yamcha67

Apr 17, 2013
Nevermind, there's no audio issues. The signal was just my provider being finicky in certain areas.

Last edited:

Azeemkwow

Oct 14, 2014
Realme X2
After updating to post gsi1 v20 by these steps
Wipe vendor
Flash gsi 1 v20
Reboot...
My mobile gets into bootloop
I did it like it is mentioned in th OP ( To update your Gsi zips)
Tell what should I do

Conpsycon

Aug 11, 2018
After updating to post gsi1 v20 by these steps
Wipe vendor
Flash gsi 1 v20
Reboot...
My mobile gets into bootloop
I did it like it is mentioned in th OP ( To update your Gsi zips)
Tell what should I do

You forgot to install post sgsi 2 after post sgsi 1.
And no, you should not mount vendor in the process of it. It could cause problems.

Right now you should spend 3mins do the whole thing with exactly those steps:

- Wipe vendor and system only
- Install vendor image as vendor
- Mount vendor
- Install A/B Pie GSI image as system
- Install Post sgsi 1 v20
- Install Post sgsi 2 v17
- Install kernel
- Reboot system

Nothing else.
You will not loose any data.
Next time don't forget post sgsi 2.

teacapan

Sep 25, 2016
Monterrey Nuevo Leon
I haven't personally downloaded the latest GSI from a desktop but when I did download it earlier I didn't encounter any virus issues. It could potentially be a false positive, sometimes Windows 10 will flag things that aren't viruses at all. I did see your earlier post and the virus name does show up as a false positive when you search Google. It shows up for other safe applications as well.

Thanks for reply,
take care, friend.

Hemankgrover

Dec 2, 2015
You forgot to install post sgsi 2 after post sgsi 1.
And no, you should not mount vendor in the process of it. It could cause problems.

Right now you should spend 3mins do the whole thing with exactly those steps:

- Wipe vendor and system only
- Install vendor image as vendor
- Mount vendor
- Install A/B Pie GSI image as system
- Install Post sgsi 1 v20
- Install Post sgsi 2 v17
- Install kernel
- Reboot system

Nothing else.
You will not loose any data.
Next time don't forget post sgsi 2.
Yeah i flash new GSI from this method and it works fine and my fone reboots exactly same as before no data loss.

Sent from my Mi A1 using Tapatalk

zammil76

Sep 27, 2013
surabaya
LOS Recorder

download via magisk
install with TWRP

Attachments

• Screenshot_20180818-210531.png
    Screenshot_20180818-210531.png
    205.2 KB · Views: 520
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Code:
    Disclaimer:
    I am not responsible for anything that may happen to your phone as a result of installing this GSI and/or kernels. You do so at your own risk and take the responsibility upon yourself.

MOD EDIT: Remember to be prepared for an experimental or unstable ROM. If do you not know what you are doing or not experienced with flashing and recovering your data then it's not recommended.

REMEMBER TO BACKUP EVERYTHING AS THIS WILL REPARTITION YOUR USERDATA AND WILL WIPE YOUR INTERNAL STORAGE. ALSO, REMEMBER TO READ EVERYTHING AS ALL FIXES ARE POSTED BELOW. DON'T JUST FLASH THEN JOIN TELEGRAM TO ASK WHY THIS DOESN'T WORK FOR YOU.

READ THE IMPORTANT NOTES POSTED HERE

TO REVERT TO NON-TREBLE/STOCK ROM, WATCH THIS VIDEO BY @GizmoFreak OR FOLLOW THIS POST

Here's everything I can provide to the normal user willing to try this out on their Mi A1.

PLEASE VISIT THIS NOTE TO SEE ALL THE REMAINING BUGS
    OR JUST READ THEM HERE
    • SELinux is permissive
    • Hw key lights don't light up
    Everything else works fine. Just need to update your Google Play services app and you can restore apps via Google Backup (if you didn't already do it with Titanium Backup). Yes, rooting with Magisk works and some modules work as well such as Blobmojis among others.

Here are the steps to install it in your Mi A1 if you're coming from stock ROM
    Or watch a video made by @GizmoFreak

1. Enable Developer options in Settings app
    2. Check Enable OEM Unlocking
    3. Reboot to fastboot mode
    4. Unlock your bootloader
    5. Install TWRP-fastboot only through fastboot boot command (Extract the .img file from the zip)
    6. Flash CosmicDan's TWRP Installer through your current TWRP. Credits to @CosmicDan for his TWRP and @mohancm for official TWRP sources.
    7. Reboot to TWRP recovery
    8. Go to WIPE then ADVANCED then click FORMAT data. This will remove Encryption on your device and allows you to set new passwords when installing the GSI. Note that this will format your internal storage.
    9. Treblelize through TWRP Tissot Manager (Go to advanced, click Tissot Manager and choose the repartition userdata option. Select singleboot option then click repartition)
    10. Flash latest Vendor.img as VENDOR IMAGE
    11. Flash A/B system Pie PR2 img as SYSTEM IMAGE (Extract the .img file from the zip) (special thanks to @dgadelha for the sGSI)
    12. Flash POST-sGSI 1 tissot zip.
    13. Flash POST-sGSI 2 tissot zip.
    14. Flash a treble-compatible kernel (Moun, ProjectK,Velocity)(credits to @mountaser halak, @khusika, @kdragon)
    15. Reboot to system.
    16. Once booted, install the latest Play services linked above either via the Files app or via adb. This will fix the Pixel Setup and Google Backup issues as well as allows you access to the Play Store without problems.
    17. You can now flash Magisk 17.3. This is the version that works properly with treble. Credits to @topjohnwu for Magisk.
    18. Install the Data transfer tool APK update as well.
    19. Special thanks to @erfanoabdi for porting the Pie A/B GSI.
    Some features may seem to be broken but can actually be fixed with a few tweaks

USB MTP FIX
    • To enable USB MTP, enable Developer options in the About phone section of the Settings app by tapping the Build Number 4 times. Then look for the File Transfer option in the Dev options.
    ENABLE NAV BAR GESTURES
    • To enable Nav Bar, I installed this nav bar enabler by @Hugwalk via Magisk.
    • After rebooting, go to Settings > System > Gesture and enable Swipe Up on Home Button to enable the Nav Bar Gestures.

SUBSTRATUM
    Substratum is now much better for Pie.

Install the latest APK from this telegram channel and now all themes with Pie support can be installed.. Just reboot after building the themes and go into managers to enable the overlays you built.

You should have the Android Pie booting on your Mi A1 now with less issues.

To update from PR1 to PR2, you can do so without wiping data
    1. Wipe system ONLY
    2. Flash PIE PR2 AB GSI
    3. Reboot to system
    To update your post post GSI zips, follow this
    1. Wipe vendor ONLY
    2. Flash vendor
    3. Flash POST-sGSI 1 tissot zip.
    4. Flash POST-sGSI 2 tissot zip.
    5. Reboot to system
    We can now update to DP5. Updating from DP4 to DP5 without wiping data:
    1. Wipe system and vendor ONLY
    2. Flash vendor
    3. Mount vendor
    4. Flash DP5 AB GSI
    5. Flash Post GSI 1 tissot zip v2
    6. Flash Post GSI 2 tissot zip
    7. Reboot to system
    Added new Gestures features and FM Radio for everyone to enjoy. Bug fixing will continue for VoLTE and others. Special thanks to @erfanoabdi for porting DP5 A/B GSI.
    Edit: Post GSI 1 has been updated to v2.
    I will no longer attempt to fix any issues with the ROM. Many of the members here do not understand that this is a PORTED ROM and NOT BUILT FROM SOURCE. If you can't understand the differences between those, I can no longer help you out. I'm too tired and stressed from everyone asking me to make magic to **** Google made. People complain about VoLTE (which Pixel devices don't even use), dual SIM issues (which Pixel devices only come with single SIM support) among other voodoo magic that they think will make their issues go away.

Stop trying to make this ROM seem like the best when it is FAR from it. People complain about the simplest of issues such as the SIM icons being reversed, icon spacing, low call volume, etc etc etc.

Most of the complaints here don't even have accompanying logcat with the problems. How am I supposed to fix your issues if you can't provide the errors causing them?

I'm sorry but I will no longer accept ANY requests to fix remaining bugs. If you send a PROPER report with LOGS included, I MAY look into it. But for the other members that are ignorant, I will not help with your issues as I'M NOT EVEN THE DEV OF THE ROM AS IT IS PORTED.

Thanks to everyone who appreciated me and others' efforts into trying to make this stable but I will support this GSI less from now on.

Sent from my Xiaomi Mi A1 using XDA Labs
    Final Post sGSI update has been posted. POST-sGSI_1_v0.28_Tissot.zip is now available!
    Installation:
    1. Wipe vendor
    2. Flash vendor.img
    3. Flash Post GSI 1
    4. Flash Post GSI 2
    5. Reboot to system
    Changelog:
    1. Include lockscreen swipe fix overlay
      To enable, terminal and write
      Code:
      su
      cmd overlay enable com.android.systemui.pix3lify
    2. Updated framework-res__auto_generated_rro.apk
    3. Updated TimeService.apk
    4. Updated ims.apk to no longer display persistent HD notification
    5. Make VoLTE more stable
    6. Updated xml files (fixes some values and typos)
    7. Updated lib64 files (taken from latest Nitrogen OS)
    As explained in the telegram group, anything that will be further broken in the sGSI will not be fixed by simple Post GSI updates anymore. GCam 6.1 couldn't work due to whitelisting issues that has been fixed in commits for custom ROMs but since this is a Google Pixel XL ROM, commits can't be done and I won't go through the trouble of deodexing framework.jar to decompile it and add smali/java edits. Hotfixes/hacks won't simply suffice anymore issues that will be brought by future security patches (which will be up to @dgadelha if he will continue porting it). I had a lot of fun and the stress were enough to keep me staying but yeah. All good things have to end which means further vendor stuff will be maintained either by other devs or volunteers who have knowledge on debugging vendor issues. I'm switching to Nitrogen as it includes Gapps similar to this and some cherry picked commits to include the new Pixel 3 wallpapers among other things. I hope you all enjoyed my work on this and I thank you for joining me in this journey of using this awesome Pixel ROM. Magisk module enhancements are also available in SpaceDoge if you guys are into that.

Signing off,
    Joey Huab
    PR2 has been uploaded. Download and flash the img file. NOTHING ELSE. No need for the G Cam Fix module anymore.
    Special thanks to @dgadelha for building the sGSI img.

Most files like A1 and A2 Camera modules are in the GDrive link. Also, here's a bootanimation that fits our device. Use a file explorer with root or TWRP file manager and mount system. Replace the file in system/media.

DOWNLOAD