[ROM][UNOFFICIAL] NucleaROM Nougat for Moto X Style(pure)

Search This thread

stevejohnson42

Dec 7, 2013
Aiken, South Carolina
ROM from 03/25 ? - Inputs on alternative to Moto Assist ?

T
Please observe you need the correct TWRP version (Official versus UnOfficial) used with the right NucleaROM version.
OP's version of both files, especially of that TWRP has to make changes to your devices file system of some partitions for the NR version to work on Nougat for some reason - as I understand it.

The NR version posted in #253 rolled back those needed file/partition system changes to now work on Nougat with only the Official TWRP version - so your file system remains unchanged and original. And reflects the major change that was made in LOS for our Clark devices which this threads post #253 NucleaROM is based on now.
:

I keep coming back to this post - getting ready to reflash this ; I have been on rooted stock for a bit. Maybe somebody remembers - I went back to post #253 and also the link in @antariksh signature file - the latest ROM is *-20180111-1251.zip " -- in my archives I have another file that is "*-20180325-0739.zip" ; anybody remember where that was from ?

Moto gesture to wave hand over display to wake is better than ambient display -- but that ok ; the Moto Assist while driving is a feature I just recently discovered and use a lot ( yep - rooted and removed stock ROM within weeks of getting phone ) -- I am still researching to see if Android Auto , Drivemode or other app will duplicate the function -- Moto Assist gets triggered automatically , apparently by speed so it is seamless. -- anyone have any experience with a hands free driving app -- basically looking for one that triggers automatically when driving ; Moto Assist is nice - get a text or phone call ; it prompts immediately asking for a voice command to do something with it -- never have to touch the phone

NucleaROM is definitely the best custom ROM I have found for this phone with a nice balance of features ( love the dark theme built in ) -- just need to figure out apps that will benefit my travel / on the go lifestyle

Reactions: ResistanceIsFutile

antariksh

Feb 8, 2012
Mumbai
antariksh.dev
I keep coming back to this post - getting ready to reflash this ; I have been on rooted stock for a bit. Maybe somebody remembers - I went back to post #253 and also the link in @antariksh signature file - the latest ROM is *-20180111-1251.zip " -- in my archives I have another file that is "*-20180325-0739.zip" ; anybody remember where that was from ?

Moto gesture to wave hand over display to wake is better than ambient display -- but that ok ; the Moto Assist while driving is a feature I just recently discovered and use a lot ( yep - rooted and removed stock ROM within weeks of getting phone ) -- I am still researching to see if Android Auto , Drivemode or other app will duplicate the function -- Moto Assist gets triggered automatically , apparently by speed so it is seamless. -- anyone have any experience with a hands free driving app -- basically looking for one that triggers automatically when driving ; Moto Assist is nice - get a text or phone call ; it prompts immediately asking for a voice command to do something with it -- never have to touch the phone

NucleaROM is definitely the best custom ROM I have found for this phone with a nice balance of features ( love the dark theme built in ) -- just need to figure out apps that will benefit my travel / on the go lifestyle

20180302 was the first version supporting Official TWRP. But it had some Video recording issues. I updated the ROM and posted a 20180325 version. Currently that's the latest.

ResistanceIsFutile

Mar 19, 2014
FYI - Nuclea ROM Files

I keep coming back to this post - getting ready to reflash this. Maybe somebody remembers - I went back to post #253 and also the link in @antariksh signature file - the latest ROM is *-20180111-1251.zip " -- in my archives I have another file that is "*-20180325-0739.zip" ; anybody remember where that was from ?
Redacted quote.

Covering all the NucleaROM files we've had so far and a link to them...
Antariksh Nuclea ROM Nougat [4 Files]

It's best for new comers to know this and anyone coming back to the NucleaROM.

FILES:
NucleaRom-V-UNOFFICIAL[7.1.2]--20180101-1439.zip from Jan 01, 2018
NucleaRom-V-UNOFFICIAL[7.1.2]--20180111-1251.zip from Jan 11, 2018
Flash these two NuclearROM builds with THE Hashbang's Custom Unofficial TWRP version, found in OP.

Note: Antariksh had said he'd sometimes seen a minor WiFi bug in the few old releases but, not anymore as in using the latest Open GApps Nano.
Suggested - - maybe try rebooting on the very first boot before setting up anything - if and/or you'd get any WiFi bug in these two builds while using other gapps.
Scenario: "Restore from cloud" - if it never asks to connect WiFi and starts restoring via cell data while going through the ROM's initial setup.
*******************************************************************************************************************

FILES:
NucleaRom-V-UNOFFICIAL[7.1.2]--20180302-1148.zip from Mar 19, 2018 - This build caused a Video recording issue.
NucleaRom-V-UNOFFICIAL[7.1.2]--20180325-0739.zip from Mar 26, 2018 - This build fixes the Video recording issue.
Flash these two NuclearROM builds ONLY with the Official TWRP version, latest TWRP official version.
Though you'll want the 20180325-0739.zip as it's a stable ROM and currently latest NucleaROM that's been offered switching everybody over to use the Official TWRP version....

UPDATE: After working with a user who' s flash wouldn't finish booting into the NucleaROM OS.
Seems that at least one OFFICIAL TWRP version, the twrp-3.2.1-0-clark is working with NucleaROM 20180325-0739.zip, of that ROM build that moved everybody over to the officials twrp builds for clarks in the NucleaROM.

So when you see now or have seen in past posts it's mentioned as Flash with Official TWRP, it would benefit you to insure that it's this one https://dl.twrp.me/clark/twrp-3.2.1-0-clark.img.html
It's confirmed to work without a hitch for the NucleaROM 20180325-0739 build.

********************************************************************************************************************

Additional Notes for all NucleaROM files:
-Be on the Stock Nougat Kernel and Modem for these Nuclea ROM Files.
-Take a twrp backup before you flash.
-If Magisk was used as your prior root method - understand what's needed to be done to uninstalling Magisk.
-First install do a clean Flash, coming from another ROM and/or another Android version -
Wipe System, Data, Cache, Dalvik-cache.
-Preferably at the same time in flashing the Nuclea ROM - go ahead and add the Zip's of GApps 7.1 arm64 - stock (optional), and your preferred Root method (optional) to that flashing event tasks. Nano - GApps 7.1 arm64 (option).
- -Basically with rooting NucleaROM - you can flash ROOT anytime you want really.
- -Nuclea ROM is compatible with both Root methods (Magisk and/or Lineage SU addon).
- - -So ROOT is not built-in to the NucleaROM as it's nice to make your own choice as per your needs and priorities - like some sites and payment methods etc... requiring root by Magisk.

Important Note:
Disable the 'wakeblock' app. upon first bootup / you can permanently remove it by deleting the /system/app/wakeblock folder in TWRP > Advance-tab > File Manager-tab. Instructions found here

Find you need help - just ask :cool:

Last edited:

ResistanceIsFutile

Mar 19, 2014
I am still researching to see if Android Auto , Drivemode or other app will duplicate the function -- Moto Assist gets triggered automatically , apparently by speed so it is seamless. -- anyone have any experience with a hands free driving app -- basically looking for one that triggers automatically when driving ; Moto Assist is nice - get a text or phone call ; it prompts immediately asking for a voice command to do something with it -- never have to touch the phone

PM sent :)

Reactions: stevejohnson42

ResistanceIsFutile

Mar 19, 2014
To backup - Not to backup

Got into a bad habit with my Nexus 5 and 6 of not getting a nand, but not sure it would help since trwp 322 reboots when I wipe.

Edit, try the unofficial trwp I will. Learn to read I must.

Edit 2, unofficial trwp allowed me to wipe and reinstall. Force closed wakelock and rebooted without issue.
Redacted quote

Yes, a wise man offered this and I've adopted it's logic-
"This just goes to show the importance of backup's in recovery...
If you had backed up in TWRP prior to flashing / changing anything you would have had zero issues in just restoring a backup - going back in time before making any harmful changes."

Using the correct TWRP version in this threads NucleaROM files is of importance, as two versions of TWRP are noted as being important in the different NucleaROM files offered.

Chetan-123

Dec 24, 2017
Just installed this ROM..
What came to know is all the stuff is very good..!!except one which always keep me annoying,when I open gallary after installation the phone goes auto reboot ,next time the same happened while deleting file from file manager...!!!

So is there any way to fix this auto reboot bug???

ResistanceIsFutile

Mar 19, 2014
Just installed this ROM..
What came to know is all the stuff is very good..!!except one which always keep me annoying,when I open gallary after installation the phone goes auto reboot ,next time the same happened while deleting file from file manager...!!!

So is there any way to fix this auto reboot bug???

I see you have used this ROM back in January without the problems you've experienced of late.
What have you done differently this time round of it's install for your auto reboot bug - you get?

Did you restore a backup of it made from January?

Possibly have Dirty flashed it this time on your device.

My advice - Try the ROM again with a clean flashing of it for this go.

Reactions: Chetan-123

Chetan-123

Dec 24, 2017
The previous version of this rom, might be the first,was working fine but ease the latest one results in auto reboot...

the same thing happened with the LOS.The 27/11/2017 build works great without any problem but any upadte onwards results in this described bug...

ResistanceIsFutile

Mar 19, 2014
The previous version of this rom, might be the first,was working fine but ease the latest one results in auto reboot...

the same thing happened with the LOS.The 27/11/2017 build works great without any problem but any upadte onwards results in this described bug...

I see.
You do know or understand that the latest builds of both unofficial LOS 14.1 by Hashbang173 and the unofficial NucleaROM 20180325-0739.zip requires the Official TWRP version to be used - (Official TWRP link in post #345).

I've tried to explain this as I understand it in post #331 under "It's a mess to understand all of this I'll admit."

In the Unofficial NucleaROM OP's first post of files offered there, are to use that 20180111-1251.zip build of NucleaROM with using the Custom Unofficial TWRP version by HashBang as combination in a basic requirement.

[All the builds of NucleaROM (as I understand) are basically the same under the hood in an OS / UI stance, and with the -only exception- as for last stable one offered of the version (20180325-0739.zip) HAS a requirement to it that the Official TWRP version is to be used in combination with it.]

If your comfortable with the NucleaROM OP's files offered in it's first post and uses a required HashBang's TWRP version, then by all means use the both of them together as per the ROM's maintainers requirement.
(It's the same NR build basically as the 20180325-0739.zip one offered later and being identical OS / UI wise.)
But- never mix-up together the related HashBang's TWRP version required use in specific called out file(s) - with any later updates of builds (LOS / NR) - as your problem of now may be one of the results your faced with...

Also insure that you have Disable the 'wakeblock' app. upon first bootup or going with permanently remove it's folder by deleting the /system/app/wakeblock folder in TWRP > Advance-tab > File Manager-tab. Link for Wakeblock folder removal Instructions in same post #345.

Hope this helps you as well as others and I personally can't explain it any better.:fingers-crossed:

Last edited:
Reactions: stevejohnson42

MrKite4

Apr 21, 2011
It's been awhile since I flashed a ROM on my phone and had a question about this step, " Flash Latest build for your device "

Should I start out by flashing this CLARK_RETUS_7.0_NPH25.200-22_cid9_subsidy-DEFAULT_CFC.xml.zip from this link https://androidfilehost.com/?w=files&flid=44735
Following these directions to flash that file, https://xdaforums.com/moto-x-style/general/xt1575-moto-x-pure-edition-factory-t3704142
??

If I'm doing this should I then skip step 4 and 5 here?× Install Custom Unofficial TWRP
× Download Latest ROM
× Download 7.1 arm64 GApps
× Wipe System, Data, Cache, Dalvik-cache
× Flash Latest build for your device
× Flash ROM
× Flash GApps (optional)
× Flash your preferred Root method (optional)
× Reboot

Thanks

Last edited:

ResistanceIsFutile

Mar 19, 2014
It's been awhile since I flashed a ROM on my phone and had a question about this step, " Flash Latest build for your device "

Should I start out by flashing this CLARK_RETUS_7.0_NPH25.200-22_cid9_subsidy-DEFAULT_CFC.xml.zip from this link https://androidfilehost.com/?w=files&flid=44735
Following these directions to flash that file, https://xdaforums.com/moto-x-style/general/xt1575-moto-x-pure-edition-factory-t3704142
??
Good questions friend,

Just depends on what options of ROMs you'll want to run in some later months.
Basically to as in where your Android OS is at - Nougat or Marshmallow - on your device.
Then if your presently running a custom ROM right now.

If you want to go back or in a first time to ADB flash the Stock Nougat OS then your links and the guild is best, observing the two commands listed in the instruction to use if you don't want to relock the bootloader.
You can even go there of those links to adb flash the stock nougat. Then adb flash twrp, and then to twrp flash a custom rom (offered for clark nougat). Of course adb flash the custom rom's choice of unofficial / Official versions of TWRP first for a custom recovery to replace the stock nougat's recovery, and the choice in a TWRP variant being related to your custom rom is important.

A Nougat OS (Kernel and Modem) Clark device with the recovery being used as the latest Stock Official TWRPCORRECTION: OFFICIAL TWRP version twrp-3.2.1-0-clark - only can work with the NuclearROM 20180325-0739.zip (links to all NR builds in post #435),
or maybe with the Unofficial LOS 14.1 clark builds from (say March 2018) onward in builds that went to Official TWRP. Not tested on Unofficial LOS 14.1 but, with NR 20180325-0739.zip there's only the above Official TWRP that works - Updated to reflect finding of later posts in this NR thread.

I haven't followed other Clark custom roms based on unofficial LOS 14.1 (Nougat) to know "if" and/or when their maintainers may have updated them to use the Official TWRP version or not, as in the file/partition change that HashBang revised in the unofficial LOS 14.1 clark builds sometime in the first couple weeks of Feb. 2018.
This is an Important Decision as which one of the TWRP variants (Official versus unOfficial) you'll want to use and the custom clark roms available to use of each in the versions of TWRP.

But, adb flashing to the another twrp version (unOfficial HashBang TWRP versus Official TWPR version twrp-3.2.1-0-clark) for NucleaROM's different build releases (only two NR builds really count) is easy.
Just remember you may not be able to use your prior twrp backups of NucleaROM easily in their restoring with a different twrp than created it without understanding how.

Still again with a Nougat OS (Kernel and Modem) Clark device and with the usage of the Custom Unofficial TWRP version by HashBang installed you can use NucleaROM 20180111-1251.zip (that OP links to) and in any Unofficial LOS 14.1 older clark builds (say from) very early Feb. 2018 and backwards dates.
As well as these Custom Roms working on Nougat Modem with the Custom Unofficial TWRP version by HashBang.

NOTE:
(root - g-apps) are all optional for all NucleaROM builds.
It's the wakeblock app or it's folder that is mandatory to do something with.
In disabling it's app in phone settings (Apps) after 1st. boot, or removing it's folder in NucleaROM root directory via TWRP before your 1st boot into OS...

Last edited:
Reactions: MrKite4

MrKite4

Apr 21, 2011
Good questions friend,

Just depends on what options of ROMs you'll want to run in some later months.
Basically to as in where your Android OS is at - Nougat or Marshmallow - on your device.
Then if your presently running a custom ROM right now.

If you want to go back or a first time to ADB flash the Stock Nougat OS then your links and the guild is best, observing the two commands listed in the instruction to use if you don't want to relock the bootloader.
You can even go there to adb stock flash nougat and then to twrp flash a custom rom (offered for clark nougat) - of course adb flashing the/a unoffical / Official version of TWRP first for a custom recovery to replace the stock recovery in nougat.

A Nougat OS (Kernel and Modem) Clark device with the recovery being used as the latest Stock Official TWRP - only can use NuclearROM 20180325-0739.zip (links to all NR builds in post #435),
or the Unofficial LOS 14.1 clark builds from (say March 2018) onward in builds.

I haven't followed other Clark custom roms based on unofficial LOS 14.1 (Nougat) to know "if" and/or when their maintainers may have updated to use the Official TWRP version or not, as in the file/partition change that HashBang revised in the unofficial LOS 14.1 clark builds sometime in the first couple weeks of Feb. 2018.
This is an Important Decision as which one of the TWRP versions (Official versus unOfficial) you'll want to use and the custom clark roms available to use of each in the versions of twrp, but, adb flashing to the other twrp version (unOfficial HashBang TWRP or latest Official TWPR) for clarks is easy - just remember you may not be able to use your prior twrp backups easily in their restoring without understanding how.

Still again with a Nougat OS (Kernel and Modem) Clark device and with the usage of the Custom Unofficial TWRP version by HashBang installed you can use NucleaROM 20180111-1251.zip (that OP links to) and in any Unofficial LOS 14.1 older clark builds (say from) very early Feb. 2018 and backwards dates.
As well as these Custom Roms working on Nougat Modem with the Custom Unofficial TWRP version by HashBang.

Search my name in this thread for other helpful install or informational related posts or just ask your questions about how to flash NR if you have any - root (two methods), and g-apps are all optional / the wakeblock app or it's folder is mandatory to do something with in disabling or removing it...

Thanks for that info.
So I never accepted the Nougat update for my Moto X, if I were to install that update, go in TWRP wipe the Data, Cache, Dalvik-cache would it be prepared at that point to flash the nucleaROM?
If i wipe the system that means I'm deleting the stock Nougat OS, correct? I know I accidentally wiped my OS one time before and if I'm not mistaken it was because I chose the option to wipe the system. So couldn't I just update to the newest build for my phone from the official update Motorola is pushing to my phone that I have never accepted? Then boot into TWRP, wipe the Data, Cache, Dalvik-cache, Flash the nucleaROM, Flash the GApps, and Flash the root?

ResistanceIsFutile

Mar 19, 2014
Thanks for that info.
So I never accepted the Nougat update for my Moto X, if I were to install that update, go in TWRP wipe the Data, Cache, Dalvik-cache would it be prepared at that point to flash the nucleaROM?
Your welcome.
To be able to take the stock Nougat OTA update from Motorola servers and if your already using a custom rom, you need to be unrooted (remove your root) and ADB flash back just the stock recovery of the Android version your at. (ex: marshmallow) from the stock marshmallow firmware rom's of the build version your at on your device - or a Nougat stock recovery - see about phone in "settings" to know.
UPDATE: Least I think this will work -might have to adb flash the complete stock marshmallow rom.
No don't ever do a complete MM flash - if wanting to OTA up to Nougat at some point
To be clear "It's not recommended to downgrade" and allow a Moto X Pure device in taking the Nougat OTA again.
Once bootloader.img and gpt.bin are updated, there is no reverting back without the serious and likely risk of a hard-bricked device. Only remedy at this time is a mainboard replacement. Confirmed in this threads post #75

Sometimes Nougat will download but fail to install if root is present and a modified recovery, and maybe something else I'm forgetting that you'll need to revert over to from the stock firmware rom's version side.
Those two (unroot - stock recovery) I defiantly know needs to be done for OTA's from the servers to install, whither you've just changed those on a stock rom or have a custom rom installed.
See * below for your answer to prepare for and install NucleaROM.

If i wipe the system that means I'm deleting the stock Nougat OS, correct? I know I accidentally wiped my OS one time before and if I'm not mistaken it was because I chose the option to wipe the system.
You need to read about this part somewhere, I don't want to tell you bad info. and you probably didn't have a twrp backup to fall back to when this happened on stock or a custom rom.
I'm knowing a custom ROM only writes to a few partition on the device - the SYSTEM is one that it writes to. Any custom rom maintainers OP will give exact details of what needs to be done in it's prep for a clean flash for the first time it's installed - follow it closely.

Something else to consider an OTA from Motorola severs makes checks on the device like values, hash's, and signatures and the like to verify the update is correct to the device and/or OS.
Going the route of ADB flashing an upgrade OS or reinstalling the current OS in an Android stock firmware (still makes checks) but, you don't have to prepare the device as this way overwrites all partitions - in what the custom rom wrote to of the few partitions it touched - or any you've changed on a stock rom.
ADB flashing a stock firmware rewrites the complete devices OS partitions. In other words, all the OS partitions are fully written to on the device again and replaces what was there before totally as new.

Custom roms will never flash to all partitions on a device like a stock firmware rom does, as custom roms only enhances parts the stock OS with modifications it writes to in parts of the stock OS. It still uses most of the stock partitions like the radio partitions and such that makes the phone operate - but most partitions are untouched. Custom roms are more like eye candy really and wouldn't be nothing without the underlying stock OS firmware rom already installed, and as it just changes some parts of the stock rom.

Then there are security patches that comes just like full firmware OTA's from the servers and both will change the stock firmware build numbers just the same. The difference here is they are incremental and only change in parts of the firmware that needed updated (like A going to a B) of some parts in the original stock firmware. See image below.
[Shame our NR maintainer doesn't release new builds being geared towards Nougat security patches.]

So couldn't I just update to the newest build for my phone from the official update Motorola is pushing to my phone that I have never accepted?
Yes you could if you've done as my first answer advises.
But your on a custom rom now as I understand - it will fail to install but may download. ADB flash the Nougat you linked to before and follow the guide for it to a sure way in getting Nougat.

Then boot into TWRP, wipe the Data, Cache, Dalvik-cache, Flash the nucleaROM, Flash the GApps, and Flash the root?
This is the way I do it (makes little difference as to which NR version and it's needed TWRP that you use - works the same for the both (two) NR builds we have that are stable at this point). Does matter to match NR build to the appropriate TWRP version that's required...and is most important though.

Prerequisite:
Coming from Stock Nougat... ADB FLASH/Install TWRP as recovery replacing stock recovery. Don't forget to follow the hard button method to lock the TWPR recovery on the device by rebooting back into it now by hard buttons (vol down+power) - else the stock recovery will overwrite it / this is on the TWRP page where you downloaded it or refer to the instructional part of Clark in ADB flashing TWRP.
Take a twrp back-up NOW of stock Nougat.
And then AGAIN when you first boot in to NucleaROM and before the initial settings are made - a virgin copy if you need it.
Do this virgin backup by shutting phone off and then by hard buttons (vol down+power) - scroll with volume and power to choose to get in the TWRP recovery and make that backup naming it virgin with the date.

1) TWRP full wiped going to Advanced Wipe and tic - Dalvik-cache, System, Data, Cache.

2) Flashing as a new ROM install, find your Nuclearom download and add it with the zip's - ROOT (SU or Magisk) in one action, just add your Root zip to the NucleaROM's flashing event. [I don't run any g-apps] but if you do then add your g-app zip here as well as in the root zip.

3) After it's done flashing -NOW- Reboot back into the TWRP recovery after the ROM flashing event is done - don't boot up into system yet.
Now using the TWRP Mount menu tab - tick system > select storage as (internal).
This mounts the system partition and
note there's no confirmation given in TWRP that it's mounted. You'll know as the system folder is not shown empty but full of folders.
Now back out of that window going to-

4) Advance-tab > File Manager-tab > system-folder > app-folder (scroll down to the wakeblock folder).
Tapping on the "wakeblock folder", now hit bottom right blue area on the twrp window with a folder icon/check mark shown of it, and select > delete > then swipe the bottom bar.
Back out of that window > reboot back into TWRP recovery once more > now reboot into the NucleaROM system.

Once there take a twrp backup now you should see and do the set up of the initial wizard for the preliminary NucleaROM OS settings.
Have fun and enjoy the NucleaROM.
:) Also I have details on NucleaROM hidden settings, or tweaks/options here and HERE

Last edited:
Reactions: MrKite4

MrKite4

Apr 21, 2011
Your welcome.
To be able to take the stock Nougat OTA update from Motorola servers and if your already using a custom rom, you need to be unrooted (remove your root) and ADB flash back just the stock recovery (ex: marshmallow) from the stock marshmallow firmware build version your at on your device.
Otherwise Nougat will download but fail to install and maybe something else I'm forgetting you need to revert over to from the stock firmware version side. Those two I defiantly know needs to be done though for OTA's over the servers to install.
See * below for your answer to prepare for and install NucleaROM.

You need to read about this part somewhere, I don't want to tell you bad info. and you probably didn't have a twrp backup to fall back to when this happened on a custom rom.
I'm knowing a custom ROM only writes to a few partition on the device - the SYSTEM is one that it writes to. Any custom rom maintainers OP will give exact details of what needs to be done in it's prep for a clean flash for the first time it's installed - follow it closely.

Something else to consider an OTA from Motorola severs makes checks on the device like values, hash's, and signatures and the like.
Going the route of ADB flashing an upgrade in an Android stock firmware (still makes checks) but you don't have to prepare the device as this way overwrites what the custom rom wrote to of the few partitions it touched - and ADB flashing a stock firmware rewrites the complete devices OS partitions - it's fully written on the device and replaces what was there before totally.

Custom roms never flash to all partitions on a device like a stock firmware does as it only enhances parts the stock OS with modifications. It uses most of the stock partitions like radio partitions and the such that makes the phone operate. Custom roms are more like eye candy really and wouldn't be nothing without the stock OS firmware already installed to change just some parts.

Then there are security patches that comes just like full firmware OTA's from the servers and both will change the stock firmware build numbers just the same. The difference here is they are incremental and only change in parts of the firmware that needed updated (like A going to a B) of some parts in the original stock firmware. See image below.
[Shame our maintainer doesn't release new builds geared to Nougat security patches.]

Yes you could if you've done as my first answer advises.
But your on a custom rom now as I understand - it will fail to install but may download. ADB flash the Nougat you linked to before and follow the guide for it.

This is the way I do it (makes a little difference as which NR version and it's needed TWRP you use).

Prerequisite:
Coming from Stock Nougat... ADB FLASH/Install TWRP as recovery replacing stock recovery. Don't forget to follow the hard button method to lock the TWPR recovery on the device by rebooting back into it now by hard buttons (vol down+power) - else the stock recovery will overwrite it / this is on the TWRP page where you downloaded it or refer to the instructional part of LOS in ADB flashing TWRP.
Take a twrp back-up NOW of stock Nougat and then AGAIN when you first boot in to NucleaROM - before the initial settings made - a virgin copy if you need it.

1) TWRP full wiped going to Advanced Wipe and tic - Dalvik-cache, System, Data, Cache.

2) Flashing as a new ROM install, find your Nuclearom download and add it with the zip's - ROOT (SU or Magisk) in one action, just add your Root zip to the NucleaROM's flashing event. [I don't run any g-apps] but if you do then add your g-app zip here as well as in the root zip.

3) After it's done flashing -NOW- Reboot back into the TWRP recovery after the ROM flashing event is done - don't boot up into system yet.
This mounts the system partition and
note there's no confirmation given in TWRP that it's mounted. You'll know as the system folder is not shown empty but full of folders.

4) Advance-tab > File Manager-tab > system-folder > app-folder (scroll down to the wakeblock folder).
Tapping on the "wakeblock folder", now hit bottom right blue area on the twrp window with a folder icon/check mark shown of it, and select > delete > then swipe the bottom bar.
Back out of that window > reboot back into TWRP recovery once more > now reboot into the NucleaROM system.

Once there take a twrp backup now you should see and do the set up of the initial wizard for the preliminary NucleaROM OS settings.
Have fun and enjoy the NucleaROM.
:) Also I have details on NucleaROM hidden settings, or tweaks/options here and HERE

All that info definitely helped, thanks so much for all of that.
Just to clarify I am currently not running a custom ROM, I am stock Marshmallow 6.0 with root and custom recovery.
Also, when I accidentally wipe out my OS I was using TWRP, I was just a fool and did not back up before doing it. I was trying to wipe everything because I let my phone gather too much crap.

ResistanceIsFutile

Mar 19, 2014
I followed all the steps and get stuck at the nucleaROM boot logo. Any ideas?
Thanks.

Are you sure it's stuck - first boot into system may take a while, no more than 15-20 min.
Try rebooting and let it finish writing the files.

Otherwise your going to have to elaborate what steps you've done.
Importantly you must be on nougat first - check...

You can always try and flash it again - making sure you have the right files matched up with the right TWRP version used., see [URL="https://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=77225659&postcount=345']my post #345[/URL]
Of course a full wipe is required again.
After the first boot out of recovery to the system before doing the settings - try rebooting it again.

Last edited:

MrKite4

Apr 21, 2011
Are you sure it's stuck - first boot into system may take a while, no more than 15min.

I followed everything you stated here:

This mounts the system partition and note there's no confirmation given in TWRP that it's mounted. You'll know as the system folder is not shown empty but full of folders.

---------- Post added at 01:04 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:03 AM ----------

Are you sure it's stuck - first boot into system may take a while, no more than 15min.

I didn't give it 15 minutes, maybe 8 to 10 minutes. I ran into some issues messing around with everything, just finally got back to stock 7.0 as I'm typing this.

---------- Post added at 01:14 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:04 AM ----------

So after I followed this method to get back to stock 7.0 and rebooted I have no service. The first time I got myself to 7.0 before flashing the nucleaROM I had no issues with service, since I flashed it and tried to get back to stock 7.0 I cannot get service.

ResistanceIsFutile

Mar 19, 2014
I didn't give it 15 minutes, maybe 8 to 10 minutes. I ran into some issues messing around with everything, just finally got back to stock 7.0 as I'm typing this.

---------- Post added at 01:14 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:04 AM ----------

So after I followed this method to get back to stock 7.0 and rebooted I have no service. The first time I got myself to 7.0 before flashing the nucleaROM I had no issues with service, since I flashed it and tried to get back to stock 7.0 I cannot get service.

Did you take any Nougat backups in TWRP?
"after I followed this method to get back to stock 7.0" - what method you referring too?
You defiantly don't want to use any twrp backups made on MM now.
Did you try going into Nougat and a factory reset - or from twrp, since your not booted into nuclearom.

I'm not quite sure how you've lost service as in network, who are you with?
If you have the correct Nougat image for your device and flashed that, just reflash the radio portion of the firmware via ADB and verify that you get an OK after each step. It is not uncommon for one of the radio pieces to fail during initial flash. I'm not sure if you do not need to wipe your data or reflash the entire Nougat ROM firmware image as long as you haven't taken any OTA updates yet - but, with in trying to flash the NucleaROM it may be advisable to do so from scratch of the whole image.

Otherwise just try:
Code:
fastboot flash modem NON-HLOS.bin
fastboot erase modemst1 
fastboot erase modemst2
fastboot flash fsg fsg.mbn
fastboot flash bluetooth BTFM.bin

It's late maybe try again tomorrow?
Troubleshooting the issues one by one with a fresh approch.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    WHAle6.png

/* Disclaimer
    * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards, thermonuclear war,
    * or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please do some research
    * if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM/KERNEL
    * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
    * you point your finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
    * BOOM! goes the dynamite
    */

Hi XDA community, we are proud to present our vision of LineageOS with features that we think are useful. Hope you enjoy our builds as much as we do. The main goal of Nuclear Team is to provide a clean and fast ROM with nice, minimal and useful features.

LaxjN7.png

• Based on LineageOS 14.1 by @Hashbang173
    • Built for Stock Nougat Kernel and Modem
    • Android version 7.1.2_r29
    • Optimized for fast app opening and disabled lot of debugging
    • Nuclear Settings
    • Customizable status bar (Clock position, Date, Network Indicators, Battery style and such)
    • Gestures Anywhere
    • Switch To Hide SuperSU from Status Bar
    Ambient Display (Pick-up and Hand wave)
    • Network traffic indicator
    Three finger swipe to screenshot
    • Show CPU info
    • DT2S everywhere on lockscreen
    • Options to modify Dash board/Quick Settings (Number of columns)
    • Option to disable warning color on Low Battery
    • OmniSwitch
    • Option to reset Battery history stats
    • Enhanced dialer with smart call feature
    • MicroG and signature spoofing support to use the ROM without GApps
    • Enhanced system animation scale sliders in developer options
    • Screen pinning selection in recents
    • Show current and new version in package installer
    • Option to disable screenshot sound
    • More volume steps
    • Substratum and Magisk tile in dashboard (if installed)
    • QS tiles animations and row/columns configuration
    • Alert slider modified with more options
    Wakeblock app support and baked into rom's zip ( more info Here ) all credits for @GioBozza
    • Launcher3 with Google now gesture and icon support
    • Exclusive NucleaRom wallpaper app
    • AOSPA color engine (Accent color)
    • All LineageOS goodies

lv2WFm.png

Known Bugs:
    Initial Release. But I couldn't find any.

-If you have a major bug to report that has not been reported already, and is not a known issue with CM,
    please take the following steps to report it to us. It will save you time, as well as us.

- Download the Catlog app from the Play Store.
    There is also a donate version which you can purchase to show appreciation.
    - After downloading the Catlog app, go to the app settings, and change the log level to Debug.
    - Clear all previous logs and take the exact steps to produce the error you are receiving.
    - As soon as you receive the error (probably a force close), go straight into Catlog and stop the log recording.
    - Copy and paste the entire log either to Hastebin or Pastebin
    - Save the log, and copy and paste the link into the forum with a brief description of the error.
    - You can also open trouble tickets on our website for bugs.

sYicQX.png

If you have flashed any third-party module and experiencing instability or whatever then please don't submit any bug report. You will be ignored.

hjShAA.png

First install (clean Flash) (If you come from another ROM or another Android version)

× Read the whole OP and make sure that you understand what is written here.
    × Make a nandroid backup (optional but always recommended)
    × Install Custom Unofficial TWRP
    × Download Latest ROM
    × Download 7.1 arm64 GApps
    × Wipe System, Data, Cache, Dalvik-cache
    × Flash Latest build for your device
    × Flash ROM
    × Flash GApps (optional)
    × Flash your preferred Root method (optional)
    × Reboot​

Important note:

× Upon first boot, Disable the 'wakeblock' app. Device is safe to use after that.
    × For safer side, you can permanently remove it by deleting /system/app/wakeblock folder.​

Updating:

× For now, Uninstall Magisk (if installed)
    × Flash Latest Build
    × Wipe Cache, Dalvik-Cache
    × Reboot
    × Install Magisk (optional)​

Goodluck, Have Fun and Enjoy!

hDTX4R.png

LineageOS
    @Hashbang173
    @acuicultor
    Lord Boeffla
    Temasek
    Ak
    ResurrectionRemix
    Aicp
    Aospextended
    XDA
    Flar2
    Grarak
    Koenkk
    nvertigo
    GioBozza
    Nuclear Team & testers
    And a very special thanks to TugaPower
    Anyone I might have forgotten (please let me know)

f1hqii.png

Main devs are @Moludo, @lozo2010, @Ordenkrieger and @acuicultor is the kernel Dev.
    Telegram support chat:HERE

If you want to buy us a beer/coffee you can donate Here all donations will serve to improve the rom.

Thanks to all donors!!!!
    @AlkaliV2

Please when do a donation tell your xda nickname in paypal message so i can give you proper credits here. Thanks.

XDA:DevDB Information
    NucleaROM for Moto X Style/Pure (clark), ROM for the Moto X Style (Pure)

Contributors
    antariksh, Hashbang173
    ROM OS Version: 7.x Nougat
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.1.x
    ROM Firmware Required: Stock Nougat 7.0
    Based On: LineageOS

Version Information
    Current Beta Version: Initial Release
    Beta Release Date: 2018-01-01

Created 2018-01-01
    Last Updated 2018-03-03
    @antariksh Do you have somewhere I could make a donation?

I appreciate it. But am not a senior developer and am still learning. A simple thanks button motivates me as much as the donation. :D
    Thanks.
    Maybe I'll set up a donation link later in the future :p
    Consider this as my excitement! xDD
    Doing this because everyone does it. :D
    Minor Update

ROM Link (Updated in OP)

Changelog:
    Added Switch to disable blank network icon
    Added Memory Bar in Recents Screen (Nuclear Settings > Clear All >Show Memory Bar)
    Recent Lineage repo merge

Installation Instruction:
    There's no major update so I recommend you to dirty flash
    Just flash the ROM zip.
    Important: On the first boot, Remove the wakblock app from system/app search for 'wakeblock' and also in data/app search for 'com.giovannibozzano.wakeblock' (You can root the ROM but don't restart with wakeblock granter SU permission. Disable/Force Stop first)
    Restart.