[BOOTLOGO]Custom bootlogos; dark variant included!

Search This thread

Droidge

Jun 4, 2014
I'm working on custom bootlogos for our pretty little Moto X4, thanks to @caitsith2 and @AvenidaDelGato. To start off, here is a dark bootlogo, with bootloader unlocked warning disabled (of course). I'll be updating the thread to post new bootlogos regularly. Open to requests and suggestions!

To flash, boot into bootloader mode and run
Code:
fastboot flash logo x.bin
where x is the name of the downloaded bootlogo.

Downloads and previews available here.

Attachments

• logo_boot_new.png
    logo_boot_new.png
    44.6 KB · Views: 2,498
  • logo_aone_black.png
    logo_aone_black.png
    29.3 KB · Views: 2,466
Last edited:

nabhse90

Feb 29, 2012
Google Pixel 4a
I'm working on custom bootlogos for our pretty little Moto X4, thanks to @caitsith2 and @AvenidaDelGato. To start off, here is a dark bootlogo, with bootloader unlocked warning disabled (of course). I'll be updating the thread to post new bootlogos regularly. Open to requests and suggestions!

To flash, boot into bootloader mode and run
Code:
fastboot flash logo x.bin
where x is the name of the downloaded bootlogo.

Downloads and previews available here.

I personally love the Android One bootlogo. It'd be nice to see some creative ones made using that one. Nevertheless nice job man!

Reactions: mikib1
Can I flash bootlogo images with the bootloader UNlocked?

(My excuse for such a noob question: I'm experienced with changing bootlogos on boot-unlocked and rooted phones. I usually unlock and root phones right away. My X4 is still under warranty, and I want to keep it on stock for Pie upgrade. I'm comfortable using fastboot and adb over usb connection.)

/I love the black androidone - Thanks

Last edited:

gleenfield97

Jan 11, 2012
Is the android one animation in dark mode too?

This is boot logo, not boot animation.

During booting, boot logo is loaded first from logo_a/logo_b partition (depending which slot is active). Then, boot animation is loaded from /system/media/bootanimation.zip.

bootanimation.zip is made up of multiple images that are displayed in sequence to form an animation.

boot logo can only contain a single* static image, it doesn't support Animated PNG format (AFAIK).

(*technically, the logo partition is made up of multiple images, each for different situation/scenario. Since only one image is displayed at a time, hence no animation.)

Ecthelion3

Jun 17, 2014
I could successfully change the boot logo. But after updating LOS 16 to the latest version the old boot logo again appeared. This might be related to the A/B partitions. How can I make sure the modified boot logo always appears? Just flash it again on the 2nd partition? Thx

Top Liked Posts