Any screen protectors that don't suck?

Search This thread

akrein62

Jan 11, 2010
Skinomi worked great for me ...I got the full body kit n I love it

How does the full body Skinomi look on the back? I am using the Skinomi screen protector with Boonix clear case. The case plays nicely with the screen protector, but the back has a slightly raised dot matrix pattern that prevents it from sticking to the back of the phone, but detracts from the beauty of the glossy ceramic back. I really wish I could find a simple bumper case that just goes around the edges of the phone. I've been pleasantly surprised with the Skinomi screen protector. It doesn't feel as nice as tempered glass, but is much less of a fingerprint magnet that some of the glass protectors that I've used. It was also very forgiving of little installation problems, like a couple dust particles that I was able to remove by peeling back the film, removing the dust and then applying a little more liquid. I have had no issues with peeling edges after drying.

Thanks,

Andy

---------- Post added at 03:23 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:11 AM ----------

Skinomi worked great for me ...I got the full body kit n I love it

How does the full body Skinomi look on the back? I am using the Skinomi screen protector with Boonix clear case. The case plays nicely with the screen protector, but the back has a slightly raised dot matrix pattern that prevents it from sticking to the back of the phone, but detracts from the beauty of the glossy ceramic back. I really wish I could find a simple bumper case that just goes around the edges of the phone. I've been pleasantly surprised with the Skinomi screen protector. It doesn't feel as nice as tempered glass, but is much less of a fingerprint magnet that some of the glass protectors that I've used. It was also very forgiving of little installation problems, like a couple dust particles that I was able to remove by peeling back the film, removing the dust and then applying a little more liquid. I have had no issues with peeling edges after drying.

Thanks,

Andy

Reactions: sactownbully84
Mar 10, 2018

Thanks,

Andy

---------- Post added at 03:23 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:11 AM ----------

Thanks,

Andy

Been on their since March 8th n I'm a mechanic n live in rural southeast Iowa with tons of dirt n gravel everywhere...it's in n out my pocket daily ...lots of wear n tear ....my hands are always filthy ...I think it's held up good so far ...no case or other protection....I'm happy...I got a 2nd one for back up when needed

Attachments

• 20180725_054157.jpg
    20180725_054157.jpg
    260.7 KB · Views: 1,450
Reactions: akrein62

Saaber

Jul 31, 2010
I just installed an Illumishield screen protector on my PH-1 the other night. It's your standard glossy, dry install screen protector. Overall I like it. I used to use that brand on my old Motorola and Sony phones before I switched to glass screen protectors. It covers more or less the entire active part of the screen, and doesn't interfere with my Incipio TPU case at all. There's a tiny strip on either side that's not covered, but it doesn't bother me. The edges seem to adhere well, but time will tell if they stay down. I will say that it shows a lot of fingerprints, though. Don't believe Illumishield's "anti fingerprint" claims.

SavedByGrace

Jul 17, 2013
I just jumped on the Amazon deal last week and getting my device today. I saw this link and I'm debating on ordering, but I have a couple of questions. Is this a full screen adhesive or only on the sides, and after using it for a while do you still use it, is it still recommended? Thanks

EDIT: I just ordered two tempered glass and a HD screen for under 5 bucks, figured why not at that price.

How does your screen protector fit? The one I got is almost 1mm smaller on all sides and also has the edge not sticking well problem.

I've used xtremeguard's tempered glass before on my N5 and it cracked instead of my screen so I was pretty happy with it. But maybe their quality has changed over the last 5 years?...

kgiri247

Oct 18, 2013
Denver
I just picked up an inexpensive glass one and oiled the edges.looks good protects the screen and costs little.

Do you have a link? I ordered some of eBay but it doesn't cover the full screen, it's noticibly smaller than the lcd around edges . Did use oil to get the edges to stick which anyone who puts a glass screen on should try, it really works great.

Saaber

Jul 31, 2010
I put a Poetic glass screen protector on mine to replace the Illumishield protector that had already gotten scratched. It's only been a day, but so far it seems nice. I believe that it only has adhesive around the edges since it has a black frame, and there's a slight rainbow effect I can see around the center of the screen when it's off. I haven't noticed it when the screen's on. It's definitely not very case friendly, though. It's too big for the Incipio NGP Pure, Incipio DualPro, or the Poetic Karbon case. It does fit the Tudia Glost case, though, as at least one other person has noted. For the moment, the Glost is my favorite case. It's noticeable smaller than the DualPro with much better button response.

bellick

May 14, 2015
Just got my essential phone and ordered the incipio dualpro. Any recommendations for glass protectors that would suit the incipio dualpro case? I intend to use loca for the installation. Thank in advance :)

ctjailer

Sep 17, 2017
Shelton, CT
I am having Great luck with this one

I picked this up on Amazon, it's a 3 pack of tempered glass that goes on properly and easily, looks good and no problem with the edges or notch.

packageof 3 - $9.99

Orzero [3 Pack] For Essential Phone PH-1/Essential Phone Tempered Glass Screen Protector (Upgraded with right angle), 2.5D Arc Edges 9 Hardness HD Ful
Sold by: Orzero

Specially Designed full Screen protector for Essential Phone PH-1 (Upgraded with right angle in Dec. 2017)
Hydrophobic and Oleo-phobic coatings protect against sweat and oil residue from fingerprint. 9H strong-hardness prevent keys and other outside objects Scratched.
2.5D Round Edge & 99% HD Clarity and Maintains the Original Touch Experience.
Our screen protector comes with a dust remover, screen wipe and lint-free dry cloth for easy installation.
Protected by Orzero Service and Lifetime Replacement Warranty

Jul 26, 2008
Washington, DC
It works great on mine. I have the tudia minimalist.

Is this the glass protector you used?

Xtreme Guard Spartan Tempered Glass Screen: xtremeguard.com/Essential-Phone-Screen-Protector-p/essential_phone_screen_protect.htm

I balked at the price tag - $29.99 - but they have a few promos going.

Use Coupon Code Save75 at checkout and get 75% Off
- or -
91% off Site-Wide @ XtremeGuard. Add 2 or more items to your cart and use promo code Xtreme91 at checkout.

partial URL so you can click through and upvote the deal: slickdeals.net/f/11937599-91-off-site-wide-xtremeguard

So, $5.40 for 2 Tempered Glass Screen protectors. Not too shabby.

Last edited:

dweekie

Dec 31, 2012
I purchased the Incipio Plus Flex screen protector. It is borderless and just smaller than visible screen area of the phone. I used the included plastic aligner, which I shouldn't have used. It is ever so slightly off center now, and one edge has a minuscule amount of lift. I'm pretty sure there would be no lift if I trusted my own eyes to do the aligning. I can't redo it now even though I'm tempted to lift it back up. Overall I'm happy with the screen protector given the horrible reviews of other brands of screen protectors. I'm curious about the xtremeguard since it is so cheap and my usual go-to.

I picked this up on Amazon, it's a 3 pack of tempered glass that goes on properly and easily, looks good and no problem with the edges or notch.
Orzero [3 Pack] For Essential Phone PH-1/Essential Phone Tempered Glass Screen Protector (Upgraded with right angle), 2.5D Arc Edges 9 Hardness HD Ful
Sold by: Orzero

These are ****ing garbage. I don't know why anyone recommends these. The glue under the glass is ONLY where the black part of the protector is... so there's actually nothing adhering the clear glass part to the screen itself.

Reactions: ceelos218

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I'm using the this one.
    https://smile.amazon.com/Orzero-Ess...8718314&sr=8-1&keywords=essential+ph-1+orzero

You need to clean your screen really, really, really good before you apply it.
    Any oils will show up as a rainbow effect or something close.

I've been using it for weeks now with no lifting with a Tudia case.
    Some people say they pop off. That has not been my experience. YMMV

Is this the glass protector you used?

Xtreme Guard Spartan Tempered Glass Screen: xtremeguard.com/Essential-Phone-Screen-Protector-p/essential_phone_screen_protect.htm

I balked at the price tag - $29.99 - but they have a few promos going.

Use Coupon Code Save75 at checkout and get 75% Off
    - or -
    91% off Site-Wide @ XtremeGuard. Add 2 or more items to your cart and use promo code Xtreme91 at checkout.

partial URL so you can click through and upvote the deal: slickdeals.net/f/11937599-91-off-site-wide-xtremeguard

So, $5.40 for 2 Tempered Glass Screen protectors. Not too shabby.
    Is it case friendly?

Just wanted to offer an update here. I just purchased an Xtreme Guard Spartan tempered glass screen protector for my PH-1. They mark them up ridiculously, and then say they're on sale. If you look, you can find a 93% off coupon, if you buy 2. I got 2 of them for about $5. I've had their screen protectors before, and liked them, bit they were on flat screens. This one came in, and had a bad halo effect until I did the olive oil trick (which made me kinda nervous around the speaker slit at the top). It now looks pretty good. It is small enough that it doesn't interfere with my case (incipio dual-pro), but I expect that's going to make it difficult to interact with the edge of the screen. Picture below if anyone is interested.

As an update, I thought I'd mention that while the olive oil trick works, it isn't permanent. A few days or a week after putting this on, the halo started slowly returning. I think the olive oil trick is about as effective as putting an egg in a cracked radiator.