E4 Sprint XT1766 Unbrick Easy with SDCARD method tested..

Search This thread

Salik Iqbal

Jan 15, 2015
Karachi
www.facebook.com
I have backup starting 150MB of sda partition.. get it from link, use class 10 SDCARD 16GB atleast i have tested, format sdcard with FAT32, open win32 disk imager, write unbrick img to sdcard. Remove battery, put sdcard in your dead xt1766, put battery, press volume down and insert usb cable.. you will see fastboot menu.. flash latest xt1766 from Motorola firmware.

That's all folks!

Link to debrick img..

https://mega.nz/#!NmwjWJ7a!shXGk8euTf000ehVsveRy0ZPVj3tyDxRV15m7NS_7dk

ozmage

Jun 28, 2017
Santo Domingo
Samsung Galaxy Tab A7 Lite
Hi Thanks For This Detailed How-To I Hope This Will Help A Lot Of People Since The Blank-Flash Dont Work.

---------- Post added at 04:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:29 PM ----------

And How This Work The Sd Card Is Used Just To Bring Fastboot And Flash To the EMMC or Flash To The SD-Card And Use The System on it ?

MotoJunkie01

Apr 2, 2016
Corbin
I have backup starting 150MB of sda partition.. get it from link, use class 10 SDCARD 16GB atleast i have tested, format sdcard with FAT32, open win32 disk imager, write unbrick img to sdcard. Remove battery, put sdcard in your dead xt1766, put battery, press volume down and insert usb cable.. you will see fastboot menu.. flash latest xt1766 from Motorola firmware.

That's all folks!

Link to debrick img..

This is good stuff. Nice to know there's a working unbrick method for the xt1766. Nice work OP.

Salik Iqbal

Jan 15, 2015
Karachi
www.facebook.com
Hi Thanks For This Detailed How-To I Hope This Will Help A Lot Of People Since The Blank-Flash Dont Work.

---------- Post added at 04:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:29 PM ----------

And How This Work The Sd Card Is Used Just To Bring Fastboot And Flash To the EMMC or Flash To The SD-Card And Use The Systematic on it ?

When you see fastboot use ur finger nail to just slide sdcard little, it will deattach the sdcard from phone, flash phone using rsd lite will fixed it like it was before.

Reactions: MotoJunkie01

ALI12

Oct 2, 2006
Karachi
www.advance-box.com

And How This Work The Sd Card Is Used Just To Bring Fastboot And Flash To the EMMC or Flash To The SD-Card And Use The System on it ?

If downgrade SBL1 in Moto E4 by flashing older bootloader.img on (bootloader unlocked phone or by fastboot flash sbl1 old_sbl1) the phone becomes bricked and it goes to Emergency download mode (EDL / QHS_BULK 9008).
by writing a backup of mmcblk0 (with at least a few hundred MBs - that contains sbl1 and other bootloaders) on good quality SD card is enough to fetch phone to bootloader/fastboot on many qcom Motorola phone. I think it works this way: if bootloader is erased or old in phone and it goes to 9008 and you put SD card with latest bootloader in it, then eMMC tries to boot from SD card. It is kind of secondary option for eMMC to boot or something else.... I remember I used to repair Samsung qcom and exynos phones this way a few years back.

How to create a 256 MB debrick/unbrick/super magic file from a working Motorola phones:
1. rooted phone by any means or unlocked bootloader + twrp.
2. with terminal if rooted type su first then : dd if=/dev/block/mmcblk0 of=/sdcard/debrick.img bs=1024 count=2621244
2a. with cmd if twrp: adb shell dd if=/dev/block/mmcblk0 of=/sdcard/debrick.img bs=1024 count=2621244

This will make a 256mb debrick/unbrick/super magic file on your sdcard.... :)
copy debrick.img from SD card to PC or pull using adb pull /sdcard/debrick.img - writing file to SD card I believe is explained in the first post.

How to create a debrick file from E4 Verizon phone that cannot bootloader unlock or root ???
Well, you could use Verizon Software Assistant Motorola for this and connect a working phone on fastboot mode, it will download most recent repair file that includes mbm and mbm-ci - that contains blank flash :) for many new Motorola phones.
Another way is by using MetroPCS /T-Mobile debrick file on Verizon phone (BB.32 bootloader is latest). Because both are MSM8917 CPU and both have BB.32 bootloader. Last time I repaired a Verizon phone with SD card method and using a debrick file from MetroPCS 64-6 version:). If you need file, let me know. I can upload it tomorrow....
Cheers guys!

---------- Post added at 10:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:23 PM ----------

When you see fastboot use ur finger nail to just slide sdcard little, it will deattach the sdcard from phone, flash phone using rsd lite will fixed it like it was before.

There is no need for SD card to detach, because fastboot mode will not flash anything on SD card.... It just boots from SD card and nothing else :)

Reactions: Salik Iqbal

Salik Iqbal

Jan 15, 2015
Karachi
www.facebook.com

If downgrade SBL1 in Moto E4 by flashing older bootloader.img on (bootloader unlocked phone or by fastboot flash sbl1 old_sbl1) the phone becomes bricked and it goes to Emergency download mode (EDL / QHS_BULK 9008).
by writing a backup of mmcblk0 (with at least a few hundred MBs - that contains sbl1 and other bootloaders) on good quality SD card is enough to fetch phone to bootloader/fastboot on many qcom Motorola phone. I think it works this way: if bootloader is erased or old in phone and it goes to 9008 and you put SD card with latest bootloader in it, then eMMC tries to boot from SD card. It is kind of secondary option for eMMC to boot or something else.... I remember I used to repair Samsung qcom and exynos phones this way a few years back.

How to create a 256 MB debrick/unbrick/super magic file from a working Motorola phones:
2. with terminal if rooted type su first then : dd if=/dev/block/mmcblk0 of=/sdcard/debrick.img bs=1024 count=2621244
2a. with cmd if twrp: adb shell dd if=/dev/block/mmcblk0 of=/sdcard/debrick.img bs=1024 count=2621244

copy debrick.img from SD card to PC or pull using adb pull /sdcard/debrick.img - writing file to SD card I believe is explained in the first post.

How to create a debrick file from E4 Verizon phone that cannot bootloader unlock or root ???
Well, you could use Verizon Software Assistant Motorola for this and connect a working phone on fastboot mode, it will download most recent repair file that includes mbm and mbm-ci - that contains blank flash :) for many new Motorola phones.
Another way is by using MetroPCS /T-Mobile debrick file on Verizon phone (BB.32 bootloader is latest). Because both are MSM8917 CPU and both have BB.32 bootloader. Last time I repaired a Verizon phone with SD card method and using a debrick file from MetroPCS 64-6 version:). If you need file, let me know. I can upload it tomorrow....
Cheers guys!

---------- Post added at 10:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:23 PM ----------

There is no need for SD card to detach, because fastboot mode will not flash anything on SD card.... It just boots from SD card and nothing else :)

Good guide on unbrick for Motorola phones! Yes its not nessecary to remove sdcard but i don't know if old phones are used by sdcard as primary storage after bricked. Too avoid replying everyone's post for sdcard deattach i preferred saying yes deattach it :D

ALI12

Oct 2, 2006
Karachi
www.advance-box.com
Good guide on unbrick for Motorola phones! Yes its not nessecary to remove sdcard but i don't know if old phones are used by sdcard as primary storage after bricked. Too avoid replying everyone's post for sdcard deattach i preferred saying yes deattach it :D

one of the colleague confirmed it worked on Motorola Titan which I believe is MSM8226 / older phone. I haven't tested it myself, so.... :p

skyrio

Account currently disabled
Apr 20, 2016

That's all folks!

Link to debrick img..

but after that phone is coming on NO SERVICE and Radio is OFF. how do i fix it?

Mirani

Sep 5, 2018
KARACHI
Moto E4 XT 1765 hard brick

Cheers guys!

i have brick Moto E4 XT 1765
CPU MSM 8917
metropcs
please help me, flash.bat not work i have trying lots of methood but not success
can i try above methood on my brick device
or plz give me suitable debrick file for my device

xeropressence

Apr 13, 2018

Cheers guys!

I tried this procedure with the xt1768 and was unable to get it to boot to fastboot. That command generates a ~2gb file, I write to to the sdcard with the win32diskimager and place it in the disabled unit, put battery in and hold volume down and insert usb, and nothing happens. QHSUSB__BULK device shows in the device manager but that happens regardless of the volume down or the presence of the sdcard. Thining this might be because the xt1766 has a mediatek while the xt1768 has a qualcomm cpu?

Salik Iqbal

Jan 15, 2015
Karachi
www.facebook.com
CPU MSM 8917
metropcs
please help me, flash.bat not work i have trying lots of methood but not success

I tried this procedure with the xt1768 and was unable to get it to boot to fastboot. That command generates a ~2gb file, I write to to the sdcard with the win32diskimager and place it in the disabled unit, put battery in and hold volume down and insert usb, and nothing happens. QHSUSB__BULK device shows in the device manager but that happens regardless of the volume down or the presence of the sdcard. Thining this might be because the xt1766 has a mediatek while the xt1768 has a qualcomm cpu?

Both are Qualcomm, processor's are different.. xt1765 will hopefully work will upload this weekend

Mirani

Sep 5, 2018
KARACHI
Both are Qualcomm, processor's are different.. xt1765 will hopefully work will upload this weekend

i have unlock boot loader working fine on stock firmware version 7.1.1
NCQ 26.69.46_cid22_subsidy-MPCS_regulatory. but not rooted working charm, after few day i have connected on wifi server suddenly i have received pop up OTA new security patch ready for install i have just installed this patch and my mobile going installing, then erasing after that now not showing anything i have hard brick my own phone with my little negligence.
when i connected to pc just tray icon show HS_USB_Qdloader 9008 and only detected by flash.bat and Qualcomm Snapdragon Flash Tool

plz help me out this headache

im waiting for your responce

CPU MSM 8917
metropcs

Hello, I have followed these directions with unlocked bootloader in TWRP on XT1765

Code:

I am uploading it now as I type this. I will update post once its done. The file ended up being 446MB instead of 256MB however I hope that doesn't matter. I havent used the file just yet or had the chance. Pleases let me know if it works for you. I think my battery on dead phone is dead also, lol.

Device the .img was made from is as follows:
ROM: Slim-7.1.2.build.2.0-UNOFFICIAL-20180310-1717
Model: Moto E4 XT1765
Carrier: MetroPCS
Color: Gold

Posted it here:
https://xdaforums.com/moto-e4/how-to/untested-moto-e4-xt1765-metropcs-t3843657

Last edited:
Sorry, i meant the image for unbricking not the firmware
Partially my fault as well, I was scanning through threads and didn't realize that you probably meant an unbrick image - I've been seeing lots of firmware requests recently. If you ask in the E4 Plus forum though and reference this thread, you might be able to find someone willing to make you the bootloader image needed.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

That's all folks!

Link to debrick img..

And How This Work The Sd Card Is Used Just To Bring Fastboot And Flash To the EMMC or Flash To The SD-Card And Use The Systematic on it ?

Cheers guys!

Did you also Flash the bootloader in fastboot? The full firmware also has a bootloader in it

The full firmware was done.
    Works without a memory card. But not included without a memory card.
    Hola probe lo mismo y no sucede nada en lo absoluto que se puede hacer el mio es moto e4 xt1766

not working on bricketXT1766_SPERRY_SPRINT_7.1.1_NCQS26.69-64-10_cid50_subsidy-DEFAULT_regulatory-DEFAULT_CFC.xml.zip i did the every steps and nothing working, cna you help with this version? i tried to make a unbrick file for this but the files that create me was 2.49GB not 256MB

i hope you have the file ,
    need debrick xt1765 metro

hi there, i wanted to know if you found a solution to fix this issue because im having the same as yours.

i have a xt1766 by the way

class 10 SDCARD 16GB ?

I also tried multiple times using the win32 disk imager method but it failed. I then decided to use the linux method and it worked first time of trying. I used a 64GB SDCard but I am sure even 16 and 32 GB can work. My phone is XT1776 (E4 PLUS OWENS), but the debrick image for xt1766 worked just fine. so I am sure it can also work on xt1765