Standby drain

Search This thread

powersimon

Oct 28, 2012

I did a factory reset: no changes. Culprits are Vision Provider, Multimedia and a bunch of camera related processes (CMH provider, mlp, faceprovider and so on).

By the way, before factory reset I disabled com.samsung.cmh: two things happened:
- Stories disappeared from Gallery (very good)
- Camera app continuosly crashed (not so good)

Now I will try disabling something else. I will let you know if things start improving.

stevenl23

Mar 21, 2018
I did a factory reset: no changes. Culprits are Vision Provider, Multimedia and a bunch of camera related processes (CMH provider, mlp, faceprovider and so on).

By the way, before factory reset I disabled com.samsung.cmh: two things happened:
- Stories disappeared from Gallery (very good)
- Camera app continuosly crashed (not so good)

Now I will try disabling something else. I will let you know if things start improving.

Don't disable things like those, only bloatware or unnecessarily processes. Can include bixby and the ANT processes.

stevenl23

Mar 21, 2018
Yes I know, but in my phone the highest percentage of battery drain is related to those processes, unfortunately I have no bloatware application to remove.

Battery drain is between 8/10 % per hour, in my pocket...

That drain is wayyyy too high. Try turning on airplane mode before you sleep and check how much you lose overnight. I literally lose 1% overnight with airplane mode one.

Shadow-Galaxy

Dec 1, 2019
I've been using s9+ about a 1,5 year
And I've been very happy with its battery, but lately the phone drains alot of battery even night time. And offen I found that the phone has been restarted like when an update, but I always turn off wifi and mobile data. And I often have to do the pin code because it won't read my finger print, just like after an restart

And day time is even worse now, I could always get about 1 and half day usage from my phone now I have to charge it 2 times a day!?!

Anyone have the same issue specifically night time??

hassanulhaq

Jun 25, 2014
Lahore
hassanulhaq.blogspot.com
i am also facing standby battery issue on s9+ ... and i think in terms of battery worst galaxy device i ever came across... i loose around 15 to 20% battery overnight... i have kept processors to lowest possible level by making changes in kernal.

HowJesNo

May 8, 2016
if anyone still follows this thread, a quick question.
so the most standby battery use goes to Google Play service, if i turn off ''Allow background data usage'' will it disable getting messages on WhatsApp, Viber, and Messenger, while screen off??? Thanks.

if anyone still follows this thread, a quick question.
so the most standby battery use goes to Google Play service, if i turn off ''Allow background data usage'' will it disable getting messages on WhatsApp, Viber, and Messenger, while screen off??? Thanks.
I don't think so, because these apps don't have anything to do with google play services.

Last edited:

Fleonar

Jan 13, 2013
Plovdiv
Hi everyone

My device is the SM-G960F model.
What would you say a normal battery % loss during sleep is considered a normal amount. I downloaded a battery stats app (the first one i found - accubattery) and it shows around 2.5% battery discharge per hour. While not using the phone. I usually charge my phone in the morning, and then the actual screen on time I have for a whole day is around 1:30hr, and by the end of the day my phone is sitting at around 35-40% battery. Around 14% per hour while screen is on and I am using the phone. I don't know if this is just something I have to "get over it", or is there some issue?
I do not use always on display, no auto app updating... Does anybody have any suggestions what I should look into?

Last edited:
Hi everyone

What would you say a normal battery % loss during sleep is considered a normal amount. I downloaded a battery stats app (the first one i found - accubattery) and it shows around 2.5% battery discharge per hour. While not using the phone. I usually charge my phone in the morning, and then the actual screen on time I have for a whole day is around 1:30hr, and by the end of the day my phone is sitting at around 35-40% battery. Around 14% per hour while screen is on and I am using the phone. I don't know if this is just something I have to "get over it", or is there some issue?
I do not use always on display, no auto app updating... Does anybody have any suggestions what I should look into?
I also have the SM-G960F.
When I'm sleeping at night (about 10 hours), the battery drops about 5% with everything like wifi and bluetooth disabled.
The total of screen on time from 100% to 10% is around 3 hours only, though I charge my phone once or twice during the day.
So I think if your S9 lasts a full day with 1h 30min of SOT and 40% left, your battery is still fine and there's no issues, at least compared to mine.

Reactions: ungern

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I tryed everything.
    Now is good. Original firmware which was on device originally was somehow corrupted. Did not working as should work. That was explained to me in store after repair.
    Nothing is turned off overnight. Just silenced ringertone. Wifi bluetooth etc active.
    Don't disable things like those, only bloatware or unnecessarily processes. Can include bixby and the ANT processes.

Yes I know, but in my phone the highest percentage of battery drain is related to those processes, unfortunately I have no bloatware application to remove.

Battery drain is between 8/10 % per hour, in my pocket...
    Tremendous situation here. After the June update things got even worse.

19 minutes screen, 54% battery in about 3 hours!

AOD is off, energy saving is "medium" with high frequency off.

Some considerations looking at the pic of battery management:
    - first, it looks that's something in the "system" that is not working well
    - google play services percentage is too high
    - don't know why multimedia is there
    - for those 3 hours, only 9 minutes of deep sleep happened, the rest of time is divided between 400 Mhz and 1700 Mhz

I really don't know what to do. I want to greenify my apps, disabke backgroynd data for almost every of them, but I think there's something wrong somewhere else.

Suggestions?

Thanks.

PS: do you know some way to disable app autostart? I haven't seen this options in app permissions. View attachment 4558453

Inviato dal mio SM-G960F utilizzando Tapatalk

Factory reset
    Hi everyone

I also have the SM-G960F.
    When I'm sleeping at night (about 10 hours), the battery drops about 5% with everything like wifi and bluetooth disabled.
    The total of screen on time from 100% to 10% is around 3 hours only, though I charge my phone once or twice during the day.
    So I think if your S9 lasts a full day with 1h 30min of SOT and 40% left, your battery is still fine and there's no issues, at least compared to mine.
    D
    Deleted member 5746995
    BetterBatteryStats is now available with no root as well (configuring using ADB). This might help to track down the issue.