[ROM][A5010 | dumpling][8.1.X][OFFICIAL] LineageOS 15.1 (Oreo) for Oneplus 5T

Search This thread

U35632317

Dec 5, 2017
Will it be possible to decrypt data partition in twrp in future? For now I need to format data everytime I want to flash even if I've removed Pin/Fingerprint before.

droidsometimes

Dec 23, 2017
LG G2 Mini
Nvidia Shield Tablet
Will it be possible to decrypt data partition in twrp in future? For now I need to format data everytime I want to flash even if I've removed Pin/Fingerprint before.

Decrypting is not possible but you can use no-verity.zip ;)

Are you talking about stock or LOS here? Because I'm on LOS, I'm encrypted, and so far I had no problems flashing LOS updates, neither with stock nor codeworkx TWRP. Thus, I'm slightly confused now. :confused:

And, regarding /vendor partition, because I also had no vendor appear after flashing 5.1.4 firmware, what's the consensus now: go back to full OOS for once, because the bootloader needs updating?

Sent from my OnePlus5T using XDA Labs

Last edited:

dlmartin

Dec 5, 2017
I am finding the stock lineage kernel on this weeks 08/27 build is good on battery life. Also the play protect certification fix earlier in the posts works with the Magisk config module. The play store now says certified in the play store settings. Magisk still says "no response" when you check but everything is working fine as others have reported.

U35632317

Dec 5, 2017
It never was and probably never will be. Still, you don't need to format /data to flash anything. Especially upgrades from the same ROM. I see no point in doing that :confused:

OK, maybe I mixed up something.

I was on stock for a few months. When I was on custom roms before, I was able to enter my pin in twrp to get access to the data partition.

If i reboot to twrp now (latest lineage build) there is no password prompt. Even on terminal is decrypting not possible. Because of encryption I'm not able to flash anything. I need to format data to get access.

Maybe is there something wrong with my recovery?

tesna

Oct 30, 2006
Jakarta

If you use latest TWRP it does support decrypting by entering your PIN in TWRP. I always stays encrypted and never had to format data when updating the rom . I dont want a stranger have access to my data in case my phone is lost/stolen.

U35632317

Dec 5, 2017
If you use latest TWRP it does support decrypting by entering your PIN in TWRP. I always stays encrypted and never had to format data when updating the rom . I dont want a stranger have access to my data in case my phone is lost/stolen.

Yeah, this is my goal too. But for some reason it does not Work.

3lMghraby

Mar 2, 2013
I have an idea
before updating the rom or firmware just remove your password from settings before booting to recovery

Regina Rainbow

Nov 1, 2015
And, regarding /vendor partition, because I also had no vendor appear after flashing 5.1.4 firmware, what's the consensus now: go back to full OOS for once, because the bootloader needs updating?

I don't think there's a consensus yet, but flashing OOS 5.1.4 was the only thing that worked for me eventually. Since OOS 5.1.5 is already requiring a working vendor partition (updater-script is checking for it), the "vendor partition creation magic" should happen somewhere inside of the official OOS 5.1.4 Build. (Be it at installation or at boot time.) So, what worked for me:

Edit (08/30/18): Better head over to Post #1704 by @Macusercom for a faster and more secure way to do this - especially if your device is encrypted.

Edit (08/31/18): Solved in Post #1721 by @codeworkx

1. Backed up my LOS 15.1 installation with official TWRP 3.2.3-1
2. Flashed official OOS 5.1.4 (=full ROM), also with TWRP 3.2.3-1
3. Let OOS 5.1.4 boot (in case vendor partition is being created during boot or while OOS 5.1.4 is running for the first time)
4. Reboot to recovery (which should now be overwritten by stock recovery due to step 3)
5. Install official OOS 5.1.5 (if this works, vendor partition is in place and working, because the updater-script of 5.1.5 cancels the installation, if it's missing.)
5a) If data partition has been encrypted before step 1, it might be necessary to flash 5.1.5 via OTG sideload (because stock recovery can't decrypt data encrypted by LOS 15.1)
5b) If data partition has been encrypted before step 1, OOS 5.1.4/5.1.5 might get stuck on first time setup - that's no problem for our cause, just ignore it and reboot
6. Let OOS 5.1.5 boot, just for the fun of it and to confirm everything went OK
7. Reboot to fastboot mode ("fastboot flash recovery twrp.img")
8. Reboot to TWRP and restore backup from step one

It's not the simplest method, but it worked for me. On encrypted devices one or two extra steps might be necessary, especially a full external backup of sdcard might be wise, in case you end up having to do a full wipe or TWRP can't decrypt data anymore.

Last edited:

HipHopBlond

Jan 25, 2011
Sofia
I tried Installing codeworkx's TWRP 3.2.3, upgrading to OOS FW 5.1.5... still not able to install 27th build, coming from 20th. I also get an error code 7 with the vendor partition error, I would be really happy if we find a way to do this without wiping just before Android P.

Reactions: levinus

coolgoose1

Feb 15, 2018
Vendor partition error

Same vendor partition error that others have reported.

I have tried twrp-3.2.3-0-codeworkx, twrp-3.2.2-0-codeworkx and the official twrp-3.2.3-1 and tried various combinations of firmware-5.1.4/reboot-bootloader-or-recovery-or-system/firmware-5.1.5/reboot. I feel like this has something to do with the bootloader version or the twrp version when we first flashed 5.1.4 firmware.

Does anyone know if there is a way to upgrade just the bootloader ?

Does anyone know which partition should I be looking for in fdisk output to confirm existence of vendor partition ?

Macusercom

Retired Forum Moderator
Same vendor partition error that others have reported.

I have tried twrp-3.2.3-0-codeworkx, twrp-3.2.2-0-codeworkx and the official twrp-3.2.3-1 and tried various combinations of firmware-5.1.4/reboot-bootloader-or-recovery-or-system/firmware-5.1.5/reboot. I feel like this has something to do with the bootloader version or the twrp version when we first flashed 5.1.4 firmware.

Does anyone know which partition should I be looking for in fdisk output to confirm existence of vendor partition ?

Not that I know of. I don't think there is a flashable bootloader zip. It has to be the bootloader as it works for some and for others it doesn't. I tried the exact same steps with codeworkx' recovery and still get the failed to mount /vendor issue as well as error 7 when flashing LOS 15.1 from this week.

I'm gonna try flashing OOS 5.1.4 and then LOS 15.1 afterwards. No way to flash the bootloader files in fastboot :(

Seferi

Sep 16, 2011
I have the latest codeworkx-twrp and had already 5.1.4 firmware but flashed again just in case.. Just followed the codeworkx's steps and everything is working fine..

1. Nandroid backup
2. flash 5.1.4 firmware and reboot to recovery
3. flash 5.1.5 firmware and reboot to recovery
4. flash nightly and additional zips you need to ( in my case camera libfix for gcam to work and reboot system.

Here is the link for all the firmwares:

https://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=3728665&page=11

Hope it helps someone..

Macusercom

Retired Forum Moderator
My solution for the /vendor issue:
Be warned: Your doing it at your own risk and it is definitely a very dirty way to do it but it doesn't require any factory reset.
Only do this if you tried that and it didn't work: https://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=77462354&postcount=1668

Requirements:
- TWRP by codeworkx (for /vendor support): https://xdaforums.com/oneplus-5t/development/recovery-twrp-3-2-1-0-oreo-8-0-8-1-t3729673
- Download OOS 5.1.4 from here: https://xdaforums.com/oneplus-5t/how-to/official-oxygenos-4-7-2-7-1-1-ota-t3709265
- Firmware 5.1.5 from this thread here which has this link: https://sourceforge.net/projects/cheeseburgerdumplings/files/15.1/dumpling/firmware/

Steps:
  1. Flash TWRP by codeworkx either via "fastboot flash recovery" or in TWRP itself by selecting the image file and then "recovery".
  2. Reboot to the new TWRP recovery
  3. Flash the full OOS 5.1.4 ROM and DO NOT REBOOT
  4. Flash LineageOS 15.1 (no treble) afterwards e.g. from what you're currently running and reboot to the bootloader
    (this is to prevent OOS 5.1.4 from booting, I don't know what would happen if you do. This could mess /data and everything up)
  5. Reboot to TWRP again (/vendor error is still shown)
  6. Flash the 5.1.5 firmware
  7. Flash LineageOS 15.1 with Treble and it should flash now without any error
  8. Reboot, wipe cache/dalvik if you want to and it should be working

Issues:
After flashing the full OOS 5.1.4 ROM it could be that certain apps crash due to a permission reset. Reinstalling either via the Play Store or TitaniumBackup helps. All permissions (camera, location etc.) could and probably will be reset by doing this. Also it could be necessary to reinstall whatever Gapps you have if the Play Store doesn't work anymore. However, you do not have to wipe or restore any Nandroid backups or systems but definitely keep a backup of your existing pre-Treble system just in case.

Note:
If anybody can achieve a flashable bootloader update zip, this would make the issue go away. As I can see only bootloaders from before OOS 5.1.4 (before Treble) do not create a /vendor partition and the firmware zips do not update the bootloader. The only way is to flash full OOS 5.1.4 (OOS 5.1.3 doesn't do it, OOS 5.1.5 requires /vendor to be working) and reboot at least once into TWRP again. This updates the bootloader while also flashing OOS to /system. Immediately flashing LineageOS 15.1 won't change the bootloader so the new bootloader will stick. Booting into the OOS system is definitely not recommended and could require a wipe.

At some point everyone had OOS on their OnePlus 5T and if you never flashed OOS 5.1.4 before going to LineageOS 15.1 you won't be able to simply flash the 5.1.4 firmware and have /vendor enabled. You will have to have flashed OOS 5.1.4 at some point. That's why codeworkx' steps work for some and for others they don't.

Fyi I'm currently encrypted so it worked with encryption.

I'm not responsible for anything. Do it at your own risk! What worked for me doesn't have to work for anyone else.

Last edited:

nicfio

Jul 3, 2007
Roma
This is just another solution (reported from Reddit and it worked for me!! ):

1 - Download This onto your phone
2 - Boot into TWRP (3.2.3-1 official works)
3 - Install the zip file you downloaded
4 - Reboot your recovery (I did this just in case, though I'm sure it's safe to skip to the next step)
5 - install firmware 5.1.5
6 - reboot to recovery
7 - install latest lineageos zip file
8 - reboot to system
Reboot!

Last edited:
Reactions: rouma7

mvmike

Mar 13, 2018
Catalonia
github.com
OnePlus 8

Yep, you can extract the boot.img from any of the official OOS releases. In any case, remind to flash not only the bootloader via "fastboot flash boot boot.img" but also flash the recovery just after, if not you end up in a bootloop issue (don't know why, but it's like the recovery it's not recognized after booloader update).

---------- Post added at 10:27 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:26 AM ----------

This is just another solution (reported from Reddit and it worked for me!! ):

1 - Download This onto your phone
2 - Boot into TWRP (3.2.3-1 official works)
3 - Install the zip file you downloaded
4 - Reboot your recovery (I did this just in case, though I'm sure it's safe to skip to the next step)
5 - install firmware 5.1.5
6 - reboot to recovery
7 - install latest lineageos zip file
8 - reboot to system
Reboot!

No need to format anything? :)

And what about vendor zip?

nicfio

Jul 3, 2007
Roma
Yep, you can extract the boot.img from any of the official OOS releases. In any case, remind to flash not only the bootloader via "fastboot flash boot boot.img" but also flash the recovery just after, if not you end up in a bootloop issue (don't know why, but it's like the recovery it's not recognized after booloader update).

---------- Post added at 10:27 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:26 AM ----------

No need to format anything? :)

And what about vendor zip?

No, just follow the points above. :D:D

Top Liked Posts