Tizen companion app for Google now / Google assistant

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread
With the new Galaxy watches not having MST, it means I'll be using the S3 for a bit longer as that is one feature that I'm not quite willing to give up.

With that being said, Bixby sucks and having Google Assistant on this watch would make me hold onto it for another 2 years or as long as the battery holds out.

Very much looking forward to seeing this app come to fruition.

Reactions: tincansoftware

ch3ffy

Bought Galaxy Watch, is there any way to user google assistant from watch?
yes there is..kindda.. checkout "Wearable Widgets"

Pretty simple and functional too.

All you need to do is create a simple widget (I use Zooper Widgets" and add it to WW. Works fine, the only thing is that all you end up with is a way to activate google assistant on your phone..

I also use WW to add a weather widget from my favourite local weather app.

HTH

Last edited:
Reactions: Maciekh

Maciekh

Feb 5, 2017
Gdańsk
Thank You both for answers, for now it is not effective watch. I don't have voice to text recognized (polish) while typing sms or email. Cant answer outlook emails. Can't use Ok Google & some question. I still have Huawei Watch 2 lte, it looks older, it has slower menu but all above works... :( Do You think there will be some official link to use Wear Os features on Galaxy Watch?

masterfury

Sep 23, 2018
I can't use a smartwatch without Google integration, I find them useless without an assistant. I've therefore spent a lot of time and money trying to get the Gear to interact with Google, and finally it's paid off.

My team have just put the finishing touches on our Gear Assistant Bridge and have it in testing now, hopefully it'll be up in the stores within the month. We're waiting on a small bit of code from one of our Dev's regarding a minor assistant reply and that's it!

This tizen native companion app lets you interact with Google Assistant on your Samsung Gear; it also provides interactive results formatted for the gear screen. Future updates will unlock additional features already mostly coded and ensure stability.

Finally, our team has also been working on a Tizen native (standalone) port of the Google Assistant. We anticipate this to be available shortly after the GA for Devices SDK goes live.

is it finished yet??? realy looking forward to this for my s3 frontier

Cloudane

May 8, 2012
Needless to say....
eFfmdb3.jpg

tincansoftware

Jun 8, 2018
oh come on... do you still believe this will happen ?

I do :)

The last few weeks the apps have been in review with Samsung; each round of validation takes a working week (~5 days), and we're currently up to the fourth submission. I believe this one has ticked all Samsung's policy boxes, which is the only delaying factor now.

It should be available end of next week all going well.

mrmrmrmr

Jan 14, 2007
I do :)

The last few weeks the apps have been in review with Samsung; each round of validation takes a working week (~5 days), and we're currently up to the fourth submission. I believe this one has ticked all Samsung's policy boxes, which is the only delaying factor now.

It should be available end of next week all going well.

great !
then you already have the Android part ready on market ?

tincansoftware

Jun 8, 2018
great !
then you already have the Android part ready on market ?

Not for the app itself (ie, the companion app) as the listing's suspended until the watch app becomes available. Until that happens the companion's not considered to be a functional app (obviously). The companions listing is approved, however, so can be activated once the watch app clears validation.

That's not to say that nothing's out yet. I've listed one plugin for the app already (allowing use of Google Assistant), which I've just updated to work with the new look Assistant. I've got another two plugins ready for listing (Clipboard & Alexa), but getting the Google Assistant back up was my priority.

So all I'm waiting on is approval of the watch app, essentially. If I get time I'll post a video showing it working with Google Assistant, but no promises.

tincansoftware

Jun 8, 2018
Is your app compatibile with Samsung Galaxy Watch ?? If so I'd buy it right away :)

Yes, but it needs a local connection to the phone for SAP to work (ie, connected via bt or wifi.).

If it doesn't show up for you once it's approved let me know, I'm not sure if I explicitly supported the Galaxy resolution or not.

erghetto

Apr 1, 2012
Napoli
yeah yeah i meant that.
however, i'll wait the advice here, because we don't know how it will be called on galaxy store XD i mean, which will be the name of the app

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Companion App ready for release

I can't use a smartwatch without Google integration, I find them useless without an assistant. I've therefore spent a lot of time and money trying to get the Gear to interact with Google, and finally it's paid off.

My team have just put the finishing touches on our Gear Assistant Bridge and have it in testing now, hopefully it'll be up in the stores within the month. We're waiting on a small bit of code from one of our Dev's regarding a minor assistant reply and that's it!

This tizen native companion app lets you interact with Google Assistant on your Samsung Gear; it also provides interactive results formatted for the gear screen. Future updates will unlock additional features already mostly coded and ensure stability.

Finally, our team has also been working on a Tizen native (standalone) port of the Google Assistant. We anticipate this to be available shortly after the GA for Devices SDK goes live.
    Hi all,

I can assure you I'm not trolling here; I honestly wouldn't waste the time and money on jerking your chains. I agree I probably shouldn't have given any ETA's. The ones I gave were based on estimations given to me by the coders I hired for the project. Unfortunately, as I think I mentioned earlier these guys turned out to be pretty useless and had misrepresented their abilities quite a bit. Myself, I can only devote one day per week to this project so I really was relying on their work to get this done.

So, to address a few things. The prototype which I mentioned was simply a Tizen app with a few hard coded commands, which were sent to the assistant via Tasker. The plan was to release with an independent accessibility service, however the coder hired was not up to this. I've tweaked the Tasker script enough for it to work as a kid app, so for now I'm hoping to release that and update to an independent service (or other solution) when it's ready.

A few things are slowing me down. I'm trying to make the Android apps as innocuous as possible, since they use the phones assistant rather than the SDK. I'll most likely ditch the accessibility service and just integrate the assistant API into the companion app, despite the cost and assuming approval from Google. Another recent delay was that after getting STT working properly on the watch I completely forgot to design any UI; it's literally just a black screen with a "Hello, Tizen" label. I'm doing up a basic UI now, otherwise Samsung obviously won't take it. Finally, I'm trying to resolve some errors with the companion app running outside the emulator. At the moment it loads on startup and crashes; it reloads and works as it should, but that intial crash on loading is a problem for listing in the store.

The overall biggest delay I've faced over the past fortnight however was not having an S3 charging cradle after mine died. This meant I couldn't test my code (the SAP plugins for the emulators are a PITA), so I've been languishing.

So sorry about the missed deadlines, but rest assured it'll be ready soon.
    Sad! Nobody's working on this.

Sent from my SM-N930T using Tapatalk

I have this in my plans, but due to lack of free time - i have absolutely no clue when i can finish this. But if somebody will not make this faster - i will try to bring at least basic functionality. But no promises as for now.
    I sent an email to the devs email address from the play store...got a delivery failure. I'm guessing that the dev is gone. Don't purchase

Suggest you report the "app" within Google Play to alert them to the lack of support. I'm sure they will investigate.

In the meantime, this thread will be closed. Should the OP or the other member involved want to re-open it, we can review.
    UPDATE: THE WATCH APP HAS BEEN APPROVED

Here's the links to the apps required for this to work:
    All three are required to be installed (Watch app, Phone app, & Plug-ins). The Gear app may take up to 24hrs from now to appear in the Samsung Galaxy store, the android apps are already available on Google Play.

Wingman Assistant (for Gear):

Wingman Assistant (for Phone):

Wingman Assistant (Plug-ins):

NOTE: The plug-ins should be a free install; if your store listing is showing a price other than free, please wait until the listing updates to install.

Troubleshooting tips:
    • Ensure the phone apps have been granted "Storage" permission in settings
    • If using Google Assistant, ensure TouchTask is installed and granted appropriate permissions in settings
    • For many tasks Wingman Assistant must be able to unlock your phone; if you have a secure lock screen, ensure "Smart Lock" is enabled and configured properly.
    • Due to peculiarities of Balda's Tt, accessibility surface interactions may take a long time or occasionally fail. In this case, try re-sending the command (Press "ONLINE", then top HW key to back out of Svoice immediately).
    • Any bugs, suggestions, etc can be sent to support@tincansoftware.com; I can't guarantee I'll see them here on xda, so please use the email for feedback.

Thanks for your patience all, I know it's been a long road to get here.