Global Rom Is Now Available!

Search This thread

mockneygeeza

Jan 5, 2013
Redmi Note 9
Xiaomi Poco X3 NFC
Ordered the "global rom" 128gb model as stated in ad, looking back that the ad on Ali xp dot com... The "mi store" seller has changed the sales photo, showing nothing about global rom, they responded to my emails saying that it's not global rom and do I want it shipped to me sealed or do I want to wait for global rom so they can flash it for me.

I asked for it to be shipped sealed, from what I hear the fake rom they are flashing to them isn't ideal, so I'm keen to find out what rom it will turn up with as it's sealed.

I'll be back on here no doubt trying to flash/upgrade to the best version according to the rom I have.

Am I right in thinking that I can get the official global rom on my device eventually.

I really am hoping so, otherwise I will be p***ed. I'll be complaining to team Ali regardless for being duped.

In the meantime I'll try and digest all the above and the rest of the threads regarding this phone. Which I'm glad we now have, it's looking to be an excellent device, cannot wait to flash the granny out of it.

Last edited:

mikejasonsmith

Nov 11, 2009
I've just flashed from that to China stable. So gutted as forgot to select clean only on min flash and now have lock BL. ,,720 hours.to wait until.i can unlock.it...unbelievable...

nijel8

Dec 24, 2011
All over US
Google Pixel 5a
Pretty sure it'll work.
Also pretty sure this will work too just for flashing TWRP with locked bootloader without flashing full rom...
That same tool can be used to backup bootloader unlocked status(devinfo partition) and restore it in case you screwed up like above user so no need to beg for Xiaomi's permission and wait endless hours to unlock...

Last edited:

cranedly

Aug 28, 2018
I've just flashed from that to China stable. So gutted as forgot to select clean only on min flash and now have lock BL. ,,720 hours.to wait until.i can unlock.it...unbelievable...

Good job with the flashing, i would have to say i was told to make sure and only chose the option to clean all and leave the bootloader unlocked, i would have liked to have the bootloader locked, as their are a few apps where this is necessary, a few posters told me that changing from the so-called fake rom to china stable with a locked bootloader could brick my phone, so i opted to take their advice.

The way things are going, it seems it could be that long 720 hours before a proper official global rom gets released, as some are now saying that the updated 9.6.6.0 rom is still having trouble making phone calls, i do not know what to believe now.

erwinsie

May 29, 2005
SyDnEy
so because the "global rom 3" mi max from resellers are not good anyway, would it be better to buy "original" mi max 3 instead? they are slightly cheaper and probably still sealed.
hmm but the bootloader will be locked.

edit: actually all sellers in aliexpress are putting global rom word anyway so probably i will get them

Last edited:

mikejasonsmith

Nov 11, 2009
Flashing Guide - Xiaomi MIUI Official ...
en.miui.com › http://en.miui.com/a-234.html
Mi flashtool Flash fastboot rom.

Pretty sure it'll work.
Also pretty sure this will work too just for flashing TWRP with locked bootloader without flashing full rom...
That same tool can be used to backup bootloader unlocked status(devinfo partition) and restore it in case you screwed up like above user so no need to beg for Xiaomi's permission and wait endless hours to unlock...

Thanks for this

If I get TWRP can I flash a ROM say...EU ROM with it?

omer919

Nov 27, 2016
Update about global rom signal issues (V9.6.6.0 | V9.6.4.0):
I checked both roms with the modem and firmware of China 9.6.12.0 and I still have signal issues (only 4G (NO LTE), weak signal in buildings and underground).
I think this means that the system it self is broken and might be fixed soon

shadow78

Oct 16, 2008
john o groats
Hi All,

My device is running on MIUI 10 | 8.8.3 is it safe to upgrade to global rom?

Thanks,

Officially the global rom is still NOT out. The link you would need to check is http://en.miui.com/download.html
Once xiaomi release the global rom mm3 will be available in the device list and you can download the rom from there. Even posts are saying the global is out its more like a global beta with bugs. The biggest bug is the cellular problem. I would not recommend to flash any in this stage.
If you wan't you can upgrade your version to 8.8.9 but later versions introduced anti rollback which basically blocks you to flash earlier versions back. You can read all about this on this forum. Just use the search and keywords you are interested and I'm sure will bring up lots of result.
As additional flashing unnecessary is pointless I think. If your phone works on the current version without any major flow I would just stick with it. The reason I'm saying this is because you may run into issues during you new firmware install which could brick your device, and if you don't know how to handle it you would just tear your hair out braking your new device. I have installed most available firmware (without anti rollback) including the global. I'm currently on china stable but cannot really see much difference between the chinese and the eu beta. I managed to get the chinese rom working with a minimal of chinese characters here and there, but the cellular reception wifi speed etc is the same as the eu beta.
I hope the above helps in your decision..

Last edited:
Reactions: mikejasonsmith

coolgen1

Aug 13, 2018
Hi there mikejasonsmith. I find the stable china rom to be very good, now i can make phone calls in my house, which i could not do with the 9.6.4.0. I flashed to the stable china rom via fastboot, i got all the information on miui.com downloaded miflash first then installed it, then downloaded the latest china stable rom, i got a lot of help from panospc86 on that forum. All in all i can not fault this rom, only downside, if you can call it that, is not getting netflix from the google playstore.

It is easy enough as well to add all the google services to this china rom, their are a few videos on youtube showing this, i used martijn wester video, its only a couple of minutes long, but it works. this is the link to my question and very helpful answer from panospc86 who was very patient with me, and i would not have attempted it without his help.

http://en.miui.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=3622317&page=1#pid29612697

Good post this and link to instructions...thanks (and panospc86)

Reactions: cranedly

frcraig

Jan 3, 2017
Halifax
Echoing Shadow78's reply, if you are currently on a ROM that works (no telephone connectivity issues, etc.) then you should probably just stay on it for the time being. In the world of beta ROMs "newer" is not necessarily better. The compulsive need to flash the most recent release can really bite you if for example you tried to use xiaomi.eu's first experiment with trying to strip anti-rollback from their 8.8.23 ROM, whereas 8.8.9 works flawlessly for most users. The MIUI 10 beta program is coming to a close soon anyway. On the China Mi Forum today Xiaomi announced the completion of the beta phase of MIUI 10 for several devices (not ours yet) and they will release Public Stable MIUI 10 on September 10th. Mi Max 3, as a new device, can't be far behind.

phorenzik

Feb 27, 2010
Google Pixel 5
My global version arrived today from Wonda mobile.

I was very alarmed to see the box DID NOT have the red 'Global Version' logo on it.

I suspected they'd sent me a Chinese version in error.

The box was sealed, so I opened it. Inside, was an official global version phone.

It even had a UK 3 pin Xiaomi plug in the sealed box.

The screen protector (the bit with the specs written on it) did not have any Chinese writing on it and it's running Global Stable 9.6.6.0

Bootloader is locked and it it wasn't rooted.

I'm so confused. I thought all global versions should have the red rectangle on the side of the box? There's nothing to differentiate the box I received, to a Chinese version.

nijel8

Dec 24, 2011
All over US
Google Pixel 5a
My global version arrived today from Wonda mobile.

I was very alarmed to see the box DID NOT have the red 'Global Version' logo on it.

I suspected they'd sent me a Chinese version in error.

The box was sealed, so I opened it. Inside, was an official global version phone.

It even had a UK 3 pin Xiaomi plug in the sealed box.

The screen protector (the bit with the specs written on it) did not have any Chinese writing on it and it's running Global Stable 9.6.6.0

Bootloader is locked and it it wasn't rooted.

I'm so confused. I thought all global versions should have the red rectangle on the side of the box? There's nothing to differentiate the box I received, to a Chinese version.
They ran out of boxes... or labels. Or they ran out of global versions and used chinece device instead.
At least you got the right charger so be happy... ;)

Update about global rom signal issues (V9.6.6.0 | V9.6.4.0):
I checked both roms with the modem and firmware of China 9.6.12.0 and I still have signal issues (only 4G (NO LTE), weak signal in buildings and underground).
I think this means that the system it self is broken and might be fixed soon
Flash vendor partition from chinese rom over the global one and see if resolves the issues... Usually you don't wanna mix vendor blobs and modem from different versions especially in this early stage of miui development for this device.

Last edited:

phorenzik

Feb 27, 2010
Google Pixel 5
They ran out of boxes... or labels. Or they ran out of global versions and used chinece device instead.
At least you got the right charger so be happy... ;)

Flash vendor partition from chinese rom over the global one and see if resolves the issues... Usually you don't wanna mix vendor blobs and modem from different versions.

Nope. The phone is definitely a pure global version.

It isn't a reflashed Chinese version.

The factory screen protector (with the specs on) was all in English. The China versions have Chinese writing on this.

It has European CE stickers on the phone too.

nijel8

Dec 24, 2011
All over US
Google Pixel 5a
Nope. The phone is definitely a pure global version.

It isn't a reflashed Chinese version.

The factory screen protector (with the specs on) was all in English. The China versions have Chinese writing on this.

It has European CE stickers on the phone too.
I was kidding... :) Hardware wise there is no difference between Chinese and Global versions so what does it matter what the box says...

phorenzik

Feb 27, 2010
Google Pixel 5
I was kidding... :) Hardware wise there is no difference between Chinese and Global versions so what does it matter what the box says...

I think the red rectangular bit that say 'GLOBAL VERSION' are just stickers applied to the boxes.

I saw an unboxing video on YouTube and it looked like it was applied to the box a bit wonky.

I guess they just forgot to put the stickers on my box.

My box is all in English, the Chinese versions have Chinese writing on them.

I was a bit mad upon first opening it though. The Chinese version is cheaper and I thought I'd been ripped off.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Global Rom is officialy out!
    it turns out 9.6.4.0.OEDMIFD is a real global rom with a broken modem.
    just update to newer releases that might fix the issue.
    You cant just flash the global rom over an Antirollback rom as the global rom doesnt have Antirollback. (it will brick your device)

Guide to installing global rom on antirollback devices & installing global rom with fixed modem (for calls and internet) over china rom (no ARB): here

Download Links for Official Global Rom: here

Antirollback information: here

Thanks and have a great day!
    I'd like to offer people the best solution so far. For people who have a fake global rom, either 9.6.4 or 9.6.6 and who have an unlocked bootloader, you won't be able to make any calls to other phones.

With the fake ROMs you also won't be able to use banking apps or Netflix, because your bootloader is unlocked. You also won't have OTA updates, because that requires a locked bootloader as well.

The best solution is to install the official China ROM from Xiaomi, lock the bootloader and change the language to English. Everything will work on your Mi Max 3 in this scenario.

Here's a step by step guide on how to properly flash your Mi Max 3:

1. In your fake rom, go to settings and log into your Xiaomi account. This is crucial. If you don't do this, you will brick your phone. If you don't have a Xiaomi account, create one.

2. Once you've binded your phone to your Xiaomi account, turn on the Developer Options in your settings. You can do this by going to Settings>About and then tapp 7 times on the MIUI version text.

3. Now that Developer Options are unlocked, find them in your settings and turn on the top most 3 USB options. Turn off the 4th USB option (4th USB option from the top)

4. Download and install the latest version of MiFlash, Xiaomi's official flash tool. It's available for Windows. Download link: http://api.bbs.miui.com/url/MiFlash

5. Download the latest fastboot version of the China ROM for your Mi Max 3. Extract the file using 7zip until it is extracted all the way to its files and folders. So you might need to extract it a few times. Link to the ROM:
    https://en.miui.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=3661955

6. Put your phone in fastboot mode by turning it off and turning it on again using the volume down and power button of your phone. Press them long, until you see that you've booted into fastboot mode.

7. Open MiFlash and connect your phone to your PC. In MiFlash press the refresh button so that your device shows up. Also select your ROM file now. You will need to select the folder that contains all the individual rom files. And finally select "clean and lock". Now press Flash.

8. Flashing and booting your phone can take 10 minutes in total. Let the process of flashing and booting your phone complete fully.

9. Once fully booted you will see a screen in Chinese with 2 buttons. The first button allows you to log into your Xiaomi account. The second button allows you to connect to WIFI. First click the second button and connect to a WIFI source that does NOT require a password. To accomplish this set up a passwordless hotspot on another phone.

10. Now click on the first button and log into your Xiaomi account while being connected to WIFI.

11. Select English as your interface language.

12. Go to the Mi App store. It will be in Chinese, but you can search for 'Google'. The first result will be the Play Store installer. Install the Play Store by clicking 'install' for all of its seperate components. (Not on 'done', but on 'install')

13. Open the Play Store and download the Google Keyboard, so that you have a Westernized English keyboard on your phone and switch to it in your settings.

14. Uninstall the bloatware apps that only come in the Chinese language.

15. That's it. Your phone is now as a good as a Mi Max 3 with a global ROM. Everything works, calling, OTA updates, banking apps and more. The only downside is that you will only have English as a language option.

Currently this is the best option if you want everything to work on your phone.
    Ok, I understand. "fastboot china rom" means it should only be installed through fastboot? or its also possible through custom recovery?
    MAKE SURE THAT YOUR BOOTLOADER IS UNLOCKED BEFORE DOING THIS OR YOU WILL BRICK YOUR DEVICE
    Fastboot roms are flashed through a special tool by xiaomi which can be found: here
    You also might need adb drivers which are found: here
    1. Open the drivers file and click "y" for every option that it asks for.
    1. Install the fastboot tool tool
    2. Download the fastboot rom that you wanna flash
    3. Unzip the rom to a folder on your pc
    4. Open the tool and in bottom right corner there will be 3 options, select "clean all"
    5. Click on the "select" button on top left corner and head to the folder that you unziped, select it.
    6. On your device enable "USB debugging", "install via USB", "USB Debugging (security settings)", and disable "verify apps over USB" (Developers options are enabled by going to "about phone" then spam clicking the "MIUI version" until it says that your are a developer. then go to "additional setting" and you will find "developer options")
    7. Boot your device to fastboot mode by holding down the vol- + power key together until you see a bunny with fastboot sign.
    8. Connect your device to your PC and click the "refresh" button on top right corner. (your phone should now appear in the list)
    9. Click "flash" and wait until your device boots to the MI logo and 3 dots. (DONT DISCONNECT YOUR DEVICE BEFORE THAT!!!)
    10. Wait for your device to boot up
    11. Enjoy!
    Fait des print screen de miflash lorsque tu charges et que sa plante pour la rom fastboot téléchargées ici

http://www.miui.com/getrom-352.html?m=yes&mobile=2

Folks, it's an English forum so please write in English. Cheers. If you want to write in French to each other then please do so via PM.
    Nice copy-paste /s https://en.miui.com/thread-3463429-2-1.html

Why would you respond to me with plagiarism? Plagiarism is unacceptable. If making an important case about a bad situation, how does that help? Just quote the reference and link to it. And acknowledge if you know the person who wrote that other post.

miui.com has a terrible search interface. However, we can search it easily. There are 113 threads that mentions 9.6.4.0 on Miui.com. Only two regarding Mi Max 3 that were responded to by someone at MIUI (a moderator). It isn't all that difficult to become a volunteer moderator, so whether you should take it as "official" word from Xiaomi is up to you. Regarding https://en.miui.com/thread-3500573-1-1.html. The response neither confirms nor denies whether 9.6.4.0 was produced by Miui and released in an unofficial channel (Un-Official) vs being created by a vendor (Fake). Using fake every time a ROM is unofficial is disingenuous.

So should we call every ROM "fake" that's not released at http://en.miui.com/download.html? Virtually single ROM on XDA is a fake ROM? Maybe that is that useful? So I'm still unconvinced. It does not seem farfetched to believe that these official xiaomi resellers obtained both China devices and a ROM via an unofficial Xiaomi channel. Official MIUI 9.6.4.0(NCFMIFA) was released for Redmi Note 5 in mid-July http://en.miui.com/thread-3337568-1-1.html Calling everything fake just isn't helpful.

---------- Post added at 03:30 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:24 AM ----------

Actually, this is only half true. A number of "Top Brand" vendors at Aliexpress are vetted to be authorized resellers. https://sale.aliexpress.com/__pc/topbrand.htm

Xiaomi Online is therefore an authorized reseller of Xiaomi. https://xiaomionline.aliexpress.com/store/bigsale/2178148_224021.html

1. its funny because Im that guy xD If you look closely the post I posted there is a copy of the one here...
    2. If you think that all 9.6.4.0 for all the devices rom of miui are the same, you are also part of the people who dont understand xiaomis software, especially when there is no global rom. if you would look only in Mi Max 3 section you would see that to every thread of someone saying that they have problems, the mods, admins and users respond that its because of the fake rom and the user responds that he really has that, To every thread asking for global rom they answer that there isnt any global rom (even when they post a china release they also say there is no global rom), to anyone who asks about 9.6.4.0 they all answer that its fake.
    3. There is literlly no reason to fight against what I say here, I come here to help you guys out and inform you about anything bad that happens to our devices so we could fix that.
    4. These sellers KNOW that we found the fact thats its un-official, not only that, people reported to them all the issues that it made them have. So what did they do? They took a xiaomi.eu rom and modified it to say Global instead of xiaomi.eu . YES, these sellers literlly dont care about wther its official global or not, they just wanna sell and they know that they can only sell global rom to all those who dont understand xiaomi software.
    5. Again, all ali-express sellers are un-official private seller and non of them are authorized, they all just wanna sell. Xiaomi doesnt sell on ali-express, geekbuying, gearbest, etc. they only places where xiaomi sells are their website and their local stores.

Im here for you, I know the dangers of having a vendor rom and I came here to inform the community. Its your problem if you dont wanna listen but I did my best to help.