[ROM] [8.1.x] LineageOS 15.1 UNOFFICIAL Builds (pme)

Search This thread

daniil1410

Jul 15, 2011
GB
meettomy.site
I've been testing the double tap to wake feature and it seems to only work some of time. I can't find a pattern though. Does anyone have the same problem? Will it help if I post a logcat?

Edit: I'm on the last version with the last kernel for testing.

Dredd73

Dec 19, 2010
My Garmin Fenix 5s watch kept loosing bluetooth connection requiring restarting bluetooth to restore. Is there a problem that bluetooth kept getting killed in the latest build(Aug 13)?

I tried the same version and had similar bluetooth problems with connectivity dropping out in the car. Very frustrating. I ended up rolling back to LeeDroid.

Otherwise, I loved it.

i_think_i_am_wrong

Nov 1, 2017
I tried the same version and had similar bluetooth problems with connectivity dropping out in the car. Very frustrating. I ended up rolling back to LeeDroid.

Otherwise, I loved it.
I haven't encountered those problems of yours. My lexus connects instantly and stays connected for my whole trip. I use my 10 for music and telephone and all good so far.

sirfalo

Apr 15, 2012
Hi

I noticed. That quite often after airplane mode, phone don't ask for PIN, calling doesn't work, phone is not connected to GSM and there are no icons with signal.

Anyone noticed that?

Wysłane z mojego HTC 10 przy użyciu Tapatalka

Hi

I noticed. That quite often after airplane mode, phone don't ask for PIN, calling doesn't work, phone is not connected to GSM and there are no icons with signal.

Anyone noticed that?

This happens when you are not connected to the network (from my experience). I find it happens when I have my bands set incorrectly (OR the APN's are wrong). Reset your bands by either downloading LTE switcher or hit *#*#4636#*#* and go to phone information, set preferred network type, then force it to the correct band the toggle airplane mode, check it again, it may have reverted, I do this until its on the right band. For me (Sprint USA) I have to use GLOBAL (LTE/CDMA/UMTS /AUTO PRL).

Last edited:

Ikarbb

I don't know if this helps, or maybe I'm just confused. I know that the woofer is still hard to fix because open-source code for Oreo hasn't been published for the HTC 10 on Htcdev.

I went and checked and the only information I could find this kernel:

Android: v8.0
Kernel: 3.18.63
Size: 414mb
Carrier: hTC Asia
Region: HK CHT
Description: 3.16.708.3_R
Type: MR 1

Would information from this contain Woofer code. or anything that could help?

krokanic

Feb 14, 2014
Livno
Google Pixel 6
I don't know if this helps, or maybe I'm just confused. I know that the woofer is still hard to fix because open-source code for Oreo hasn't been published for the HTC 10 on Htcdev.

I went and checked and the only information I could find this kernel:

Android: v8.0
Kernel: 3.18.63
Size: 414mb
Carrier: hTC Asia
Region: HK CHT
Description: 3.16.708.3_R
Type: MR 1

Would information from this contain Woofer code. or anything that could help?
I think the woofer code is not in the kernel code... It is not open source, i think it will never be... Only hope is if dev figure out how to fix it... But it seems to be very difficult...

This rom is very stable, batter thing is fix al remaining issues and than go to los16.. Cant wait to get that woofer fix and jump from stock to los until i change my phone:D

Reactions: Adzkii

synaesthesics

Jan 23, 2011
Google Pixel 3
Google Pixel 6
I think the woofer code is not in the kernel code... It is not open source, i think it will never be... Only hope is if dev figure out how to fix it... But it seems to be very difficult...

This rom is very stable, batter thing is fix al remaining issues and than go to los16.. Cant wait to get that woofer fix and jump from stock to los until i change my phone:D

From my first stab at the issue, I think the woofer issue originates from the kernel not properly identifying the audio platform. The hardware handles the speakers. When audio is played the kernel doesn't have the information to set the audio/speaker mode so it just defaults to the earpiece. See attached image of my logcat. The snd_device reference is null.

I followed this problem to the internals of LOS but I think the problem is that processor chipset isn't being defined at a global level.

I had to take a hiatus from this after getting a new PC. I'll get back into once I finish setting up my laptop to build LOS.

tldr; I think the problem is with the kernel code not defining a global value correctly and it has nothing to do with the woofer code.

Attachments

• Screenshot_Logcat_Extreme_20180805-081455.jpg
    Screenshot_Logcat_Extreme_20180805-081455.jpg
    271.2 KB · Views: 364

krokanic

Feb 14, 2014
Livno
Google Pixel 6
From my first stab at the issue, I think the woofer issue originates from the kernel not properly identifying the audio platform. The hardware handles the speakers. When audio is played the kernel doesn't have the information to set the audio/speaker mode so it just defaults to the earpiece. See attached image of my logcat. The snd_device reference is null.

I followed this problem to the internals of LOS but I think the problem is that processor chipset isn't being defined at a global level.

I had to take a hiatus from this after getting a new PC. I'll get back into once I finish setting up my laptop to build LOS.

tldr; I think the problem is with the kernel code not defining a global value correctly and it has nothing to do with the woofer code.

I hope you will fix it... I just wrote what i have read somewhere in the thread that we need amplifier to trigger the woofer when it is needed...and amplifier is closed source... Btw, my expertise is not programming but mechanical engineering ;)

I am here for testing if you need something to test:cool:

Cheers

Reactions: Adzkii

Ba7rani

Apr 16, 2012
Manama
I like this ROM. I am sure we will get perfect update for woofer fix and android pie.

Thanks team for your great effort.

sirfalo

Apr 15, 2012
I know I asked this, but never got answer - @fagyi, can you activate ice view in this rom? Or how to do it?

Thanks in advance!

fagyi

Jan 22, 2012
BUDAPEST
I know I asked this, but never got answer - @fagyi, can you activate ice view in this rom? Or how to do it?

Thanks in advance!

Yes, needed updating flipflap overlay on device side that passing with the last source. Maybe changed something on upstream or got more device support and rebased the options.

Reactions: nitishkrp

sirfalo

Apr 15, 2012
Yes, needed updating flipflap overlay on device side that passing with the last source. Maybe changed something on upstream or got more device support and rebased the options.
Eeee... Do I understand that it's something what you can do or I can somehow. [emoji848]

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    https%3A%2F%2Fimg.xda-cdn.com%2F_qciZ_MtPTGjDb-adIt4fAUOirk%3D%2Fhttps%253A%252F%252Fimg.xda-cdn.com%252Fy-LtXHGCDBH0KxFw9MxWAPF3guk%253D%252Fhttp%25253A%25252F%25252Fi.imgur.com%25252F2okPze5.png

LineageOS 15.1 is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 8.1.x (Oreo), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

Code:
    #include <std_disclaimer.h>

/*
     * Your warranty is now void. 
     * We are not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
     * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
     * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
     * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
     * you point the finger at us for messing up your device, we will laugh at you.
     */

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit out Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features.

Instructions:

Take a backup first from your actual system!
    1. Before instaling, make sure you are running the latest Oreo firmware from the latest HTC Sense.
    2. If you are encrypted but running an AOSP ROM then you're fine. If you come from Sense, take a full backup of all your data, boot into TWRP and format data (the option which requires you to type "yes") and clean flash accordingly. This is due to encryption changes. Do not skip this step or you will be locked out of your system by a password prompt.
    3. If you are coming from any other ROM wiping /system & /data is strongly recommended
    4. Download the latest build and GApps (both links are below).
    5. Reboot to TWRP.
    6. Flash the latest build and GApps.
    7. Reboot and enjoy (as much as currently possible)

Downloads:

ROM: lineage-15.1-20180826-UNOFFICIAL-pme.zip
    GAPPS: OpenGapps

Known Issues:
    1. Woofer / Loudspeaker ( amplifier issue )
    2. IMS - VOLTE
    3. SlowMo
    4. SeLinux permissive ( will be fixed when the bugs are fixed )

Reporting bugs:

Grab a logcat right after the problem has occurred (please include at least a few pages of the log, not just the last few lines, unless you know what you're doing).
    If it is a random reboot, grab /proc/last_kmsg (do not bother getting a logcat unless you can get it just before the reboot, a logcat after a reboot is useless).

Remember to provide as much info as possible. The more info you provide, the more likely that the bug will be solved.

Credits:
    1. LineageOS Team & Contributors
    2. Code Aurora Forum
    3. @crpalmer ( He left from the project )

Special thank you who send me donations: ( both AOSiP & LOS )
    - @The Fer-Shiz-Nizzle
    - @fantamadnesss
    - @_Sherrif
    - @Roocher
    - @scutworker
    - @synaesthesics
    - @MrN1484
    - @Galdrapiu
    - @Chucktr
    - @guest
    - @kdrkdr
    - @heyChristo

Source code:

LineageOS Gerrit Review
    Kernel source
    Device source
    Vendor source

XDA:DevDB Information
    [ROM] [8.1.x] LineageOS 15.1 UNOFFICIAL Builds (pme), ROM for the HTC 10

Contributors
    fagyi
    Source Code: https://github.com/LineageOS/android

ROM OS Version: 8.x Oreo
    ROM Firmware Required: Oreo
    Based On: LineageOS

Version Information

Created 2018-06-25
    Last Updated 2018-08-27
    GOT IT BOOTED PIE ON MY 10 :DDD

I need cleanup the wifi service, because its not enabled, camera i think its brake not tested yet other than seems to fine on the first 5 min with eas.

BT, Mobile data, Mobile signal, NFC, USB, Audio like as 15.1, night display etc.

Tomorrow i will uploading the first build. I just want wifi too ;)
    New build its here
    https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=3700668719832239995

Tomorrow i will write that changelogs, i just very tried.

The main bugs is that woofer :(

LOS 16.0 are coming, i just created the branch for that, but i think our team need some minor work to get it running pie on our devices.
    Just for some info

I am finished building with P source. Its booting on my device but stucked on bootanimation yet in the first try.

I need cleaned up the usb section because adb doesnt work, so i cant determine that its why not booting. But i think just one flag needed because i cant enable it under developer option, lol

Tomorrow will be back to P, hopefullx get it booted, i need restoring my o backup now
    Hi guys,

EAS is coming builtin in the next release, just testing few days ago, seems to working as its needed where the kernel updated with 3.18.114 stable kernel tag and all EAS related commits.
    So we have up-to-date eas kernel now \O/

Also on this week working on the audio side, aptx, camcorder audio and the woofer. Woofer its a big is one, the aptx and camcorder audio should be fixes "fast".

I want to thank you guys who send me a donations, I appreciate it very much! @MrN1484 @Galdrapiu