Best Dark Theme

Search This thread

Limeybastard

There's a decent selection in the theme store, a lot of them are free.

However, this late in the game, it still boggles the mind why we even have to theme to get dark! AMOLED panels do best with these themes, and I'm sick and tired of this all white crap being forced down our throats EVERYWHERE!

It should have out of the box option to properly address this issue, system wide.

The Samsung dialer is the worst. I don't even need the flashlight to find something in the middle of the night!

I miss the dial pad pre lollipop days.

Even Win10 has a dark mode and it looks great. MacOS Mojave will have it too.
I agree with that fully. Rubbish all white.

Sent from my SM-N960U1 using Tapatalk

vonDubenshire

Feb 10, 2018
USA
Samsung Galaxy Tab S2
LG Nexus 5X
The problem with black themes is it is very difficult to see them outdoors and in the car when the sun shines. White is superior. Most people prefer white.

I like dark, but I don't want a dark nav if I am reading white Chrome pages all day. It will cause burn-in on my screen by aging the pixels differently.

Samsung's light nav bar is there for a reason.

nkd

Aug 12, 2010
@vonDubenshire What are you talking about? Chrome changes the notification bar to whatever the color tone of the browser is or the page, go to cnn, go to other pages and watch the color in notification panel change with it. May be you need to update?

G

GuestK00143

I like Oreo_Black MINU from Samsung themes, was using it on my Note 8 also. I'm using Nova to hide the status and nav bars.

bill_viper

Jan 6, 2005
Kalamata
www.dedousis.com
You can do all that with Swift Installer now. It supports the Note 9 now. No adb needed to theme.
Have you noticed any battery draining? With my previous S9+ I had a small percentage battery draining (not seen in screen stats, but started right after the installation of the app).
It's the only reason that I haven't installed it in my Note 9.
And damn, I love the total black look.

Limeybastard

You can do all that with Swift Installer now. It supports the Note 9 now. No adb needed to theme.
Take my money yet again! Lol.
I'd normally be biatching but that developer has made my days with my note 8 days fun so I'll probably pull the trigger yet again. Currently using swift, dark, black and swift for Samsung .

jult

Apr 22, 2011
Amsterdam, NL, EU
jult.net
The problem with black themes is it is very difficult to see them outdoors and in the car when the sun shines. White is superior. Most people prefer white.
That is all proven untrue. In fact, white characters on black are visually superior, especially outdoors, mostly because it offers more contrast with OLED screens. Not only that, it's way easier on the eyes.
White is not 'superior' at all. You're just used to papers being white, and that's the only reason you still prefer it.
You can google it, there have been numerous studies done on the subject of legibility with colors. A yellowish-green on nearly pitch-black background won the tests.

Limeybastard

That is all proven untrue. In fact, white characters on black are visually superior, especially outdoors, mostly because it offers more contrast with OLED screens. Not only that, it's way easier on the eyes.
White is not 'superior' at all. You're just used to papers being white, and that's the only reason you still prefer it.
You can google it, there have been numerous studies done on the subject of legibility with colors. A yellowish-green on nearly pitch-black background won the tests.
Wouldn't it have been interesting if back in school we used black paper with white ink for our exercise books. [emoji3]

Reactions: koragg97

@rbiter

Dec 4, 2011
I did in art. You scratched the black off to make abstract drawings. Miss that.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Is there a dark black theme but still able to keep all the exact same Samsung icons?

You can also do it in a different manner:
    1. Choose the theme that you like the most (disregard the icons of that theme)
    2. Apply the theme
    3. Go to Icons section in theme app
    4. Choose Samsung Default icon set and apply.

You will have your favorite theme with Samsung default icons ;)
    W5nLvCs.jpg

Hello, I created an all black series with a burst of colour. The picture is what they all look like only with different colours. I don't wanna post a link as I am not trying to advertise, but you can search for "burst" to see them all or "Blue Burst" for the one in the picture. Virtually everything is 100% black, also.
    There's a decent selection in the theme store, a lot of them are free.

However, this late in the game, it still boggles the mind why we even have to theme to get dark! AMOLED panels do best with these themes, and I'm sick and tired of this all white crap being forced down our throats EVERYWHERE!

It should have out of the box option to properly address this issue, system wide.

The Samsung dialer is the worst. I don't even need the flashlight to find something in the middle of the night!

I miss the dial pad pre lollipop days.

Even Win10 has a dark mode and it looks great. MacOS Mojave will have it too.
    The Best on XDA yet is Bodhisattva V4.1