Google Cardboard/VR Setup?

Search This thread

Tharg0r

Aug 29, 2010
What are the chances of finding a VR headset for this device? Did anyone ever find one for the Mi Max 2? That would probably work...

Tharg0r

Aug 29, 2010

Wow...it fits! Charging the remote and will be checking out functionality this evening when I get back home.
Holy crap that looks great, and its so cheap, can you give any more info? You say it fits but does it fit perfectly? How did you get on with the remote?

couldnthinkaone

Jan 11, 2009
Austin, TX
It does fit...barely! The unit seems ok, has a nice look to it, seals well against the phone with foam seals, etc. The remote however...so, there is no "button" (like cardboard has...) on the unit so you have to use the "remote"(I put that in quotes as this thing is terrible), but it's been nothing but terrible so far so I'm not sure if it's gonna work properly at all. Doesn't seem to be too much in the way of programming, but I was just jumping in without reading anything. Didn't have much time to mess with it, but maybe I'll take another look at the end of this week.

---------- Post added at 08:22 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:20 AM ----------

Also, company seems to be defunct...no working website, links in package paraphernalia are broken

Tharg0r

Aug 29, 2010
It does fit...barely! The unit seems ok, has a nice look to it, seals well against the phone with foam seals, etc. The remote however...so, there is no "button" (like cardboard has...) on the unit so you have to use the "remote"(I put that in quotes as this thing is terrible), but it's been nothing but terrible so far so I'm not sure if it's gonna work properly at all. Doesn't seem to be too much in the way of programming, but I was just jumping in without reading anything. Didn't have much time to mess with it, but maybe I'll take another look at the end of this week.

---------- Post added at 08:22 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:20 AM ----------

Also, company seems to be defunct...no working website, links in package paraphernalia are broken
Interesting thanks, yeah the Amazon reviews dont sound so good when you dig in a bit, I think Ill chance it for $16, it used to cost five or six times that, please post any other thoughts you have, specifically is it focused properly? As in is the phone the right size for the lenses?

panospc

Dec 12, 2011
Mi Max 3 fits perfectly on Fiit VR 2S without a case.
IMG_0817.jpg

Reactions: Tharg0r

couldnthinkaone

Jan 11, 2009
Austin, TX
focus is good, but not individually adjustable on the lenses. I can't get the remote to work properly, and I have an issue with getting the thing on. The curve on the "mask" is too great and the edges hit my face well before the middle does, fits very tight on my face. I'm going to return for a refund...

Reactions: Tharg0r

appekY

Mar 26, 2019
Thanks for that, how are you finding it? Can you focus/adjust etc, is it cutting off any of the screen?

Is the Mi Max 3 too big for it even though it fits or does it work well?

Sorry for all the questions!
With is better ? Fiit VR 2S or Freefly Headset ?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Wow...it fits! Charging the remote and will be checking out functionality this evening when I get back home.
    Mi Max 3 fits perfectly on Fiit VR 2S without a case.
    IMG_0817.jpg
    focus is good, but not individually adjustable on the lenses. I can't get the remote to work properly, and I have an issue with getting the thing on. The curve on the "mask" is too great and the edges hit my face well before the middle does, fits very tight on my face. I'm going to return for a refund...