Quality feel (use of materials)

Search This thread

XDA_RealLifeReview

RealLifeReview Dude
Nov 2, 2015
Rate this thread to express how you think the Google Pixel 3 XL feels in terms of quality. A higher rating indicates that it feels premium and high-quality (attention to detail is high, manufacturing defects don't exist, etc).

Then, drop a comment if you have anything to add!

mgymnop

Jan 17, 2010
San Diego
Feels finally like a high quality device. Feels like a Samsung phone from the touch and feel. They did a great job. I like the frosted glass.

gettingerr

May 4, 2016
Annapolis
Excellent feeling build. The 2 XL was nice, but the 3 XL takes it to a new level. The glass melts into the polished metal frame. The glass back is smooth with almost a rubbery type feel in the etched area, a more comforting feel than a normal glass back.

Reactions: manners400

mgymnop

Jan 17, 2010
San Diego
Until you scratch it. That glass scratches like butter.

Bull****. It is Gorilla Glass. People just don't understand the difference between scratch and material transfer. What you see in some of the pictures is material transfer from the object that is supposed to scratch the glass. This is probably pronounced because of the rough surface.

Pure+

May 28, 2013
Well it's not iPhone XS Max build quality but it's a damn nice phone. Better than anything Samsung has to offer right now in my opinion. And samsung seems to be kind of hardware for Android at the moment

aaronrw

Nov 16, 2011
A TOWN!
This is way better than the 2xl. In every sense it's more premium, the display seems much more up to par with other devices, and it's ultra fast.

syaoran68

Jul 31, 2008
Irvine, CA
anyone have any issues with the P3XL power button i feel like its super fimsy... like i have to click the center of the button otherwise it just won't activate..

Bukem75

Feb 12, 2008
Bull****. It is Gorilla Glass. People just don't understand the difference between scratch and material transfer. What you see in some of the pictures is material transfer from the object that is supposed to scratch the glass. This is probably pronounced because of the rough surface.
THIS... Take a little soap and water to it... wash it off.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Until you scratch it. That glass scratches like butter.

Excellent feeling build. The 2 XL was nice, but the 3 XL takes it to a new level. The glass melts into the polished metal frame. The glass back is smooth with almost a rubbery type feel in the etched area, a more comforting feel than a normal glass back.