[ROM][Official][condor] LineageOS 14.1 for Moto E

Search This thread

mortadelax

Sep 17, 2011
La Plata
Hi. I'm on stock kernel, rooted and flashed stock condor 4.4.4 with twrp. Can I install this lineage? Do I need a different kernel or something extra? Thanks

mortadelax

Sep 17, 2011
La Plata
Yeah you can install lineage.
Just ensure that you are on the latest twrp version.

Thanks for the answer. I checked twrp version, and mine is v2.7.2.0. Do I need to upgrade? Where can I find the latest version?

One last thing. I noticed the rom is a zip. How should I install it? With fastboot command on windows shell (expanding the zip into folder), or with twrp under install option?

Again, thank you. I'll be waiting for your reply.

EDIT: With my version, rom installation via twrp have failed :(

Last edited:

Skyther_k

May 13, 2016
Thanks for the answer. I checked twrp version, and mine is v2.7.2.0. Do I need to upgrade? Where can I find the latest version?

One last thing. I noticed the rom is a zip. How should I install it? With fastboot command on windows shell (expanding the zip into folder), or with twrp under install option?

Again, thank you. I'll be waiting for your reply.
The latest version of term for our device(condor) is 3.2.3
Can be downloaded from https://dl.twrp.me/condor/

Yes you need to update your twrp as your version is very old and will give errors on installing latest lineage os builds.

You need to install the ROM zip via install option under TWRP and if you want to have Google services (play store) you also need to install GApps zip right after installing the ROM(without ever booting the ROM) and you are good to go.

Tip: Always take backups from TWRP just in case.

mortadelax

Sep 17, 2011
La Plata
The latest version of term for our device(condor) is 3.2.3
Can be downloaded from https://dl.twrp.me/condor/

Yes you need to update your twrp as your version is very old and will give errors on installing latest lineage os builds.

You need to install the ROM zip via install option under TWRP and if you want to have Google services (play store) you also need to install GApps zip right after installing the ROM(without ever booting the ROM) and you are good to go.

Tip: Always take backups from TWRP just in case.

Man, you are awesome. Now I need GApps :angel: . Plz give me a link, and I'll try it right now.

Reactions: Skyther_k

mortadelax

Sep 17, 2011
La Plata
Opengapps https://opengapps.org/
Platform arm
Android 7.1
Variant Pico

Happy flashing

Wow:laugh: it worked. Now it's time to try the rom. I wonder how the hek does nougat fit in the condor :confused: I'm gonna root now. I suppose I should use addonsu 14.1.

Thanks a lot man. Cheers from Argentina.

---------- Post added at 05:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:06 PM ----------

Wow:laugh: it worked. Now it's time to try the rom. I wonder how the hek does nougat fit in the condor :confused: I'm gonna root now. I suppose I should use addonsu 14.1.

Addonsu didn't work. Should I install my old supersu?

Reactions: Skyther_k

kurtn

---------- Post added at 05:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:06 PM ----------

Addonsu didn't work. Should I install my old supersu?
Addonsu works. You have to enable in developer settings

Reactions: mortadelax

mortadelax

Sep 17, 2011
La Plata
Addonsu works. You have to enable in developer settings

Finally worked :victory: Thanks for let me ask a bunch of questions.

One more, should I change my stock kernel for this rom? In that case, how can I go back to stock in case I don't like it?
Do you consider this is the more stable rom for condor at this time? I see a lot of CM/AOSP/other roms 5.1 or 6. :good:

kurtn

Finally worked :victory: Thanks for let me ask a bunch of questions.

One more, should I change my stock kernel for this rom? In that case, how can I go back to stock in case I don't like it?
Do you consider this is the more stable rom for condor at this time? I see a lot of CM/AOSP/other roms 5.1 or 6. :good:
I would not mess around with the kernel. It is good in it's current state. If you are really interested in a new experience I recommend https://lineage.microg.org/ without GApps.

patrickdrd

Mar 24, 2015
OnePlus Nord CE 5G
I'm sure there are old ROMs around. And you can always use microG with xposed fakegapps or nanomod patcher. But these old ROMs have even older security patch levels.

ok, but they are also lighter and they also fail because of the signature spoofing I guess?
I tried a flashable zip I found here and nanodroid zip, both failed in checking connection,
do I need only xposed fakegapps and that way I'll get syncing (calendar and contacts) too?

kurtn

ok, but they are also lighter and they also fail because of the signature spoofing I guess?
I tried a flashable zip I found here and nanodroid zip, both failed in checking connection,
do I need only xposed fakegapps and that way I'll get syncing (calendar and contacts) too?
Signature spoofing is not related to contact synching. No idea about synching. I keep things local.

patrickdrd

Mar 24, 2015
OnePlus Nord CE 5G
Signature spoofing is not related to contact synching. No idea about synching. I keep things local.

ok, I tried it and I cannot connect to wifi
(the wifi switches on, but all I get is a list of irrelevant wifi, except mine,
I tried to add it manually, it still didn't work,
it also felt a bit laggy, compared to the lollipop I had before,
and last but not least, helium (a very important app for this phone for me)
is facing the "nougat" symptoms, i.e. it doesn't detect root and
needs pc connection (adb) to work,

so, all in all, I'm trying to find a lollipop rom from this list:
https://xdaforums.com/android/general/index-list-custom-roms-offering-t3557047
in order to start with microg

kurtn

ok, I tried it and I cannot connect to wifi
(the wifi switches on, but all I get is a list of irrelevant wifi, except mine,
I tried to add it manually, it still didn't work,
it also felt a bit laggy, compared to the lollipop I had before,
and last but not least, helium (a very important app for this phone for me)
is facing the "nougat" symptoms, i.e. it doesn't detect root and
needs pc connection (adb) to work,

so, all in all, I'm trying to find a lollipop rom from this list:
https://xdaforums.com/android/general/index-list-custom-roms-offering-t3557047
in order to start with microg
With custom ROM you can easily get root and use titanium backup instead of helium.

My ROM before nougat was mokee MK60.1 a marshmallow ROM.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    3AjGvOY.png

I have brought LineageOS 14.1 to condor. LineageOS is effectively a continuation of the CyanogenMod project. This is the thread for official weekly builds.

Downloads:
    Official weekly builds
    Lineage su addon
    My recommended TWRP build - mirror

Changelog:
    cmxlog official nightly changelogs

XDA:DevDB Information
    LineageOS 14.1 for Moto E (condor), ROM for the Moto E

Contributors
    squid2, LuK1337
    Source Code: https://github.com/LineageOS

ROM OS Version: 7.x Nougat
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.4.x

Version Information

Created 2016-09-13
    Last Updated 2017-01-26
    Status Update

Apologies for the delay, I've just been very busy for the past few weeks. I don't abandon projects unless I say so, but updates come when I get time. Don't worry, you will get official CM14(.1) eventually once I feel it's ready. At the very least, I plan on doing security updates for CM13 nightlies tomorrow night, and then may put out a new CM14 or 14.1 build if I get time. Be aware that I support a lot of projects and my time is divided across a bunch of Android devices, and I also have other hobbies, work, and commitments. My Android development time is divided among:
    • TWRP: otus, surnia, lux, osprey, merlin, harpia
    • CyanogenMod: condor, otus, surnia, osprey, lux, merlin, harpia, pme (HTC 10)
    • Squid Kernel: surnia, osprey, lux, harpia
    Among these projects, I haven't updated many of these devices to CM14 yet, and my custom kernel is also in need of updates. All these projects need their turn, so I can't just put all my (limited) time into condor. This doesn't mean I don't care about you, it just means that I have a lot on my plate, so things will take time. However, if you have time and knowledge to contribute, I strongly encourage you to submit patches to fix issues on the CM gerrit. The sooner all issues are resolved, the sooner you'll get official nightlies for new CM versions.
    Official Nightlies

I have migrated the official nightly builds for otus and condor over to CM14.1. Expect to see the first builds some time tomorrow.
    September 28 Release

This build should be signficantly more usable than the last build. The SD card issues should be gone. I've also made SELinux enforcing after fixing a few denials. On the CM end, a lot of development has happened over the past week, so things should be more stable overall and more CM features will be present. With that said, CM14 is still in the early stages of development, so expect some bugs. As usual, the download link is in the first post.
    December 7 Build

I've posted a new build with the latest CM sources (updated to Android 7.1.1) and my latest device and kernel changes. I haven't tested it on condor myself, but I did test a similar build for otus and it worked well, so I expect this to be fine. The otus version at least is suitable as a daily driver now.