Android Pie and Xposed install

Search This thread

vineet allahabad

Nov 25, 2013
Allahabad
Xposed is written for individual sdk. The sdk for pie has not been written on xposed, and oreo is still in beta. so, no xPosed for oreo (90 beta 3 latest of this writing) will not function on Pie.
Virtual xposed works only for those modules which dont modify the system such as xinsta,youtjbe background etc. And yes theres a long wait for pie but m happily waiting on oreo coz i cant live without xposed edge!

godkingofcanada

Nov 13, 2013
Alright. So. 8.1 to 9 has some changes. If Xposed comes forward to pie a Dev has to sit down and re write some of it. You might actually NEED rovo.

---------- Post added at 03:59 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:30 AM ----------

actually... we might need a real devs help. I can get xposed beta to install onto my pie device it just gets stuck at bootlogo after I flash the zip. if someone wants to help me figure this out I will try.. but I just ported pie to s6e+ and im trying to get that stable for a few guys and im in college so my time is already spread thin.

---------- Post added at 04:08 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:59 AM ----------

Anybody messed with installing xposed framework and or any modules on the official Pie setup?
I'm not sure I want to go back to not having Gravitybox on my phone again.
Been looking around and I didn't see anyone mention xposed and Pie yet so I thought i'd start here.

yes, I can install it on pie but it causes the OS not to boot

coolvabs

Aug 23, 2010
OnePlus 3
OnePlus 6T
Virtual xposed works only for those modules which dont modify the system such as xinsta,youtjbe background etc. And yes theres a long wait for pie but m happily waiting on oreo coz i cant live without xposed edge!
Agree with you completely on xposed edge. Awesome module, another module that I use very frequently is exi for SwiftKey.

However you can also use GMD gesture control as a substitute for Xposed edge, comes quite close in terms of features and functionalities but only needs root and not Xposed.

rickysidhu_

Apr 1, 2016
Vancouver
Agree with you completely on xposed edge. Awesome module, another module that I use very frequently is exi for SwiftKey.

However you can also use GMD gesture control as a substitute for Xposed edge, comes quite close in terms of features and functionalities but only needs root and not Xposed.
There is an app in the Play Store called Edge Gestures that does basically the same thing. I've since moved to it as a replacement and it's been flawless for me.

vineet allahabad

Nov 25, 2013
Allahabad

I'll give a try to both of em!! Thank you for the suggestions!

There is an app in the Play Store called Edge Gestures that does basically the same thing. I've since moved to it as a replacement and it's been flawless for me.

Shanks

Oct 21, 2013
Google Pixel 6 Pro
Edge gestures??? I usually use bottom and right edges of screen with xposed edge, does edge gestures have settings for top, center and bottom right edge?
Basically you can have 12 edges with xposed edge, is it only 3 with edge gestures?

Last edited:

rickysidhu_

Apr 1, 2016
Vancouver
Edge gestures??? I usually use bottom and right edges of screen with xposed edge, does edge gestures have settings for top, center and bottom right edge?
Basically you can have 12 edges with xposed edge, is it only 3 with edge gestures?
I believe it has just bottom, left and right. However, there are so many different kinds of gestures per edge, where I personally feel its more than a good enough replacement for Xposed Edge.

Top Liked Posts